Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2017, 00:59   #46
BHPian

Re: Our White Knight - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 8th May 2017 at 09:48.
dev_kudle is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th May 2017, 11:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Continuous Engine Crank/ Driver's Side lock issue

The car started having two issues with alarming regularity

1. Continuous engine crank(without starting) when trying to start the engine with the Engine Start/Stop Button - This would happen randomly and without any visible or audible warning. To stop the continuous crank, I had to press the Start/Stop button again to stop the engine from continuously cranking. After this, If I tried re-starting the engine , it would start normally as if nothing was wrong.

2. Driver's side lock would automatically lock back when opened from the inside and won't let me open the door from the inside - Again, this would happen randomly. It was only after 4-5 attempts of trying to manually unlock the door from the inside by using the central locking button or the door lock lever, that it would let me unlock the door (Even using the remote to unlock the door from the inside won't unlock the door. It would unlock and lock itself again.)
Our White Knight - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2-door-lock.jpg

I had to keep the car for a day at Advaith Hyundai, Kuntikana for them to check the issue. Our SA, Me Pradeep Kumar K, called me up the next that the car was ready.

For the Engine Start Stop issue, he said they they cleaned the Oil Control Valve and the issue should not recur. Three days have gone by, and the issue hasn't recurred.

For the Driver's side door lock issue, he said they they check the central locking & all door locks thoroughly and found nothing wrong. I have been asked to report it to them if it happens again.

The car was given a complimentary car wash.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 13th May 2017 at 11:11.
Old 5th June 2017, 11:20   #48
Senior - BHPian

Robbery Attempt!!!!

There seems to have been a robbery attempt made on the car.
On the morning of May 28, 2017, my dad had taken the car to his ancestral home in Baikampady and he had parked the car in a relatively secluded place. When the came back in the afternoon to drive the car back to home, he found the driver's door handle broken(stuck in the position shown below), the keyhole cover was lying on the ground. With the door handle stuck, the door could not be opened from the outside and he had to open the door from the inside.
Our White Knight - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2-1.jpg

Our White Knight - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2-2.jpg

Went to Advaith Hyundai the next day and met Mr Pradeep Kumar K, our regular SA. They were able to fix back the door handle and restored the door opening operation(using the door handle). Thankfully there was no damage to the request button on the door handle. But the keyhole cover was broken from the inside. They said they could temporarily fixed the cover using glue, but it could come off anytime. I asked them to order the part and to go ahead with fixing the cover using glue.

It took almost a week for the Cover to arrive and it was fixed this morning.
Part No: 82662B4040
Part Description: Cover-Front Door Outside Handle RH
Cost: Rs 671.70
Labour: Rs 86
Taxes: 110.39
Total: Rs 868.09

The broken keyhole cover(one can see dried glue inside):
Our White Knight - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2-3.jpg
Our White Knight - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2-4.jpg
Old 5th June 2017, 22:59   #49
BHPian

Oh dear . That is so scary. Thank God the robbery attempt was unsuccessful and your car is safe though you did have to spend 800 odd bucks to get it back in original form.

I am just wondering if the attempt failed just because of the keyless entry technology on Grand i10 or something else. In other words, if it was a normal door handle without the keyless thing, would it have been riskier ?? Pardon my ignorance.
Old 23rd February 2018, 11:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

First Major accident!!

First Major accident!!
On February 16, 2018, the car(driven by me) met with an unfortunate accident when a Mahindra Bolero Pickup reversed without looking and hit the car. This stupid traffic policewoman had asked him to reverse straight into traffic. I was the unlucky one who was passing by at that time.

I stopped and the traffic policewoman came shouting at me and had the gall to blame me for the accident saying I should have stopped as teh pickup was reversing. I lost my temper and shouted at her saying I don't have eyes at the side of my head to see what stupidity she was asking the Pickup fellow to indulge in and there was no way I could have seen, judged or predicted what she was asking him to do. I told her had it been my mistake, the pickup should have hit the front part of the car, not the back side of the car. It was her mistake that she asked the pickup fellow to reverse into incoming traffic. Probably realizing her mistake, she quietly slipped away in the crowd and disappeared, washing her hands off the incident!!!

Our White Knight - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2-dam_1.jpg

The pickup guy said sorry and said the crazy policewoman was shouting at him and banging on his bonnet to reverse the pickup quickly. I did not really feel like asking compensation from him and asked him to be careful next time. Drove straight to Advaith Hyundai's workshop in Baikampady and completed the insurance claim formalities. Damage included dents/scratches on the rear door and fender, deep scratches on the rear bumper.

Got the car back on Feb 21, 2018. No parts required replacment and all damages were repaired by denting/painting. Total bill was Rs 13,000 odd, out of which 7500 odd was born by the Insurance co and I had to pay 5800 odd(incl 1000 compulsory deductible & 2500 voluntary deductible).

Our White Knight - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2-dam_2.jpg

Advaith Hyundai did a fairly good job in repairing the car...so much so that they almost able to correctly restore the badly dented curve right above the wheel. No paint mismatch or haziness either. Other than a little paint overspray in the wheel well, I feel they did a near perfect restoration job.

Our White Knight - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2-repair.jpg
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 10:35   #51
Senior - BHPian

New Tyres

The car has done around 46200 kms and the stock Good Year 165/65R14 tyres had very little tread left. So it was time for new tyres. The GY tyres served the car well - no punctures or complaints.

As the car is under warranty(extended), did not want to fiddle around without the stock tyre size. Hence stuck to the default size of 165/65R14 tyres. Did not want to spend much on new tyres as we might not retain the car beyond a year or two. So chose Ceat Milaze X3 as it worked out to the cheapest among the reputed brands (Rs 11800 for four new tyres). To sweeten the deal, the dealer gave free wheel alignment+balancing+nitrogen in the tyres.

Our White Knight - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2-t1.jpg

Our White Knight - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2-t2.jpg
Old 11th May 2018, 09:57   #52
Senior - BHPian

The car was due for its yearly/10000 km interval service and I got the car serviced at Advaith Hyundai, Kuntikana.

Apart from regular service, there was a complaint with the steering. The steering made a grinding/rubbing noise when turned. It became more prominent as the steering neared to its full lock position(left or right didn't matter). The SA, Mr Girish, diagnosed it to be an insulator issue. Wheel Alignment/Balancing/Rotation was not required as it was done when the car got its new set of tyres recently.

Got the car back in the evening and total bill was Rs 6811.12.
Our White Knight - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2-clipboard01.jpg

As for the steering noise, I was told they have made some adjustments and the noise was no longer there. Sure enough I could not hear the noise any more turning the steering wheel to full lock position.

But the very next morning, the same noise started again.When there was a feedback call from Advaith, I told the steering noise issue has come back again. The SA called me back the next day asking about the issue, if the sound is same as before or reduced. I said as far as I could make out, it is back with the same intensity. I was asked to bring the car back to the workshop, but I could not find enough free time for a visit. I will take the car the car to the workshop when I am free. I only hope this isn't the start of another long & troubling issue that I had with our first gen i20's steering (steering rattle).

A while back, the factory fitted battery went kaput(after 3 years & 4 months/45064 kms). On pressing the Engine Start button, it would go into a continuous Crank mode. Next Day I called for road side assistance. They arrived after an hour, jump started the car and asked me to drive to the workshop to have the battery checked. At the workshop, They tried recharging the battery but it wouldn't hold charge. So was left with no option but to got a new battery(Exide Make).

Cost of the battery - Rs 3998.44
Discount - Rs 450.00 (-)
Taxes - Rs 1019.22
Labour - Rs 142.50
Total - Rs 4710.00
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks