Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2017, 19:41   #91
BHPian

'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-imageuploadedbyteambhp1491141958.836796.jpg

This happened to my friend's car recently, where the rear glass screen of a brand new Maruti Suzuki K10 car was broken where it was parked in front of a school in Delhi. The Maruti workshop admitted that it can happen, if the windows are closed, as a result of the pressure build up and outside sweltering heat. However, Maruti has refused to replace the rear glass of this brand new car, free of cost. My friend had to pay for it for no fault of theirs.

Can someone please advise if there is an option to take these blokes into account considering it's a manufacturing defect?

Mods,

Request you to please merge with another thread as you deem fit- thanks !
Old 21st April 2017, 19:27   #92
BANNED

Re: 'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up

The car has crossed 18000 kms and got a chance to take the car to work for a day and drive it 120 kms.

Was surprised with the judder I felt when the car moves after negotiating a speed breaker or slowing down to say ~10 kmph. At this time the AMT is at 2nd gear (which IMO is the wrong gear). When I press the accelerator, the car judders horribly and increases speed. The car judders till it reaches 15 kmph post that it is smooth. Feels pretty irritating to be in that as the AMT didn't downshift to 1st gear as it should have actually in the first place.

Asked wife since this problem has been going on and she says it has been this way since 3K kms. The issue started since the car was 14K. I didn't know it all these days.

Have informed my SA regarding this issue. Let's see what comes up.

Otherwise the car is running well. Checked with 4 consecutive full tanks on the same bunk and dispensing unit. Got an average of 16.7 kmpl.

Last edited by GTO : 29th December 2017 at 09:46. Reason: typos
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 23:53   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The car has crossed 18000 kms and got a chance to take the car to work for a day and drive it 120 kms.
To add to your experience, i was in a similar situation with my friend's celerio, 2 years old at 50k km
The car was jerking as if it was a manual and i did not leave the clutch properly in 1st and 2nd gear
Maruti has still not sorted out the AMT and it's long term reliability remains a question mark to me.
Having driven all types of automatics , i believe this is the one with least LIFE.

Last edited by GTO : 29th December 2017 at 09:46. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 29th May 2017, 00:21   #94
BHPian

Re: 'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up

Hi a4anurag,

Firstly wanted to thank you for the excellent review and updates!!

Were you able to get the car checked at the service center? Any updates on what is causing the issue and possible resolution?

Even I am contemplating buying the new Dzire with AGS, so am keenly looking into long term ownership experience of fellow bhpians using Maruti AGS/AMT cars.
Old 22nd July 2017, 18:34   #95
BHPian

a4anurag, did you consider adding DRL to the Alto K10? I first spotted it here https://marutistorage.blob.core.wind...s_Brochure.pdf (page 11), then came to know from another post on team-bhp that is Philips DRL and MGA price is about 4000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
No. The car does not judder at those speeds on a smooth road, may be you should check the wheel balancing again. Around 100kmph the ride is smooth if the road is flat with minimal cross winds.
I agree with Torino. The car doesn't judder at speeds north of 100 kmph. I drove at 100-110 kmph on Durgapur Expressway, from Kolkata to Burdwan, touching 120 kmph. The car did not judder. However, driving the Alto K10 at high speed was possible only because the tarmac was top notch.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd July 2017 at 18:55. Reason: Strictly no mention of high speeds on public roads, on the forum.
Old 22nd July 2017, 22:20   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese
Can someone please advise if there is an option to take these blokes into account considering it's a manufacturing defect?
It depends on the owners manual.

If there is a warning given for this type of incident in the owners manual then there is nothing wrong for Maruti to charge for it. But if there is nothing mentioned in the owners manual, then you can argue about this in consumer forum that manufacturer has never warned about this, so this can be considered as fault of manufacturer (lack of safety information or manufacturing defect)!

But generally this is a known phenomena and people are advised to keep a window little open to allow the heat and (hot) air pressure dissipation via that gap
Old 30th November 2017, 16:07   #97
BHPian

Quote:
I did install the IRVM in my Alto today and it was a 2 minute job. A straightforward job. Here are the pictures:
Hi Anurag,
I have a WagonR Lxi 2007 model. From your above thread I noticed you have installed D/N IRVM of WagonR Vxi in your Alto K10. Could you please inform me as to which WagonR Vxi year model you installed? Also what is the part number as I also want to install.
Thanks very much,
Kiran

Last edited by GTO : 1st December 2017 at 16:29. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 1st December 2017, 11:39   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Could you please inform me as to which WagonR Vxi year model you installed?
WagonR VXi 2003 to 2010

Quote:
Also what is the part number as I also want to install.
He had already posted the part number clearly. Reposting the same:

'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-part-number.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 13:26   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Sincere thanks to Leoshashi for finding the part and helping me source the part from his city (Ranchi) and shipping it to me here in Hyderabad. Thanks a lot buddy! Paid Rs 700 for the IRVM.

Now the drive will be easy on the eyes. Finally!
Hey Anurag,
I bought the same day night mirror for my WagonR Lxi. But I am unable to fix back. The spring(used for light control) with a small steel ball is giving me nightmares to fix back. If you could please post a video of that it would be great help for me.
Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks