Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2017, 19:39   #1786

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Hi All, I am facing an issue while trying to renew my insurance policy with Tata AIG

I have a 1.4 S Diesel June 2016 Creta for which I opted for TATA AIG Zero Dep cover with add on like engine, tyre protect etc. I made one claim last year when there was some damage to the front bumper and fog light due to a big stone hurled by a truck while travelling on the highway.

While trying to renew the policy now, Tata Aig refused to renew the Own Damage part and informed that they will only offer renewal for third party section. On probing the customer service executive, I was further told that Tata Aig has stopped renewal for 2 models recently as the claim ratio has been high in the previous year - Hyundai Creta (Diesel) and Toyota Fortuner.

Has anyone faced a similar issue? I have written to their customer service section but expect a similar reply. Will probably go for some other provider now.

Last edited by SaneLane : 29th May 2017 at 20:07.
Old 29th May 2017, 20:51   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
@nonstop & akshay: are you guys parking on level road or even a slight incline/decline? I have seen it happen on non-level surfaces, but not otherwise.
I even brought it to the attention of the SA during my first service, but "meh"

How do you guys find the headlight spread ? I sometime have to check if they are ON or not!! (usually at dusk)
Levelled parking. I've faced a peculiar issue on decline while reversing. If I put it in R and let it roll backward on decline, it produces a screeching grinding noise. But I couldn't reproduce it at the ASC.

Coming from an i10, the spread is sufficient. Re cornering lamps, I'm surprised how did I survive all these years without them :o
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 12:58   #1788
BHPian

As per the GST slabs, it is expected that rates of Creta will decrease. Any idea by how much? Did anyone recently visit the showroom to understand the impact on rates post GST?
Old 5th June 2017, 11:31   #1789
BHPian

It's been 2 weeks that I'm waiting for my Creta's bumper and dicky (boot) door to arrive at the service station and the store manager is still clueless as to when will he be able to deliver it

Is this waiting period usual for Hyundai? I thought these are moving parts especially for a high-selling vehicle such as this.
Old 5th June 2017, 18:49   #1790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Creta owners, do you notice a prominent sound while using a dipper? I got to use it in a silent area today and as the high beam dies down, I can hear a distinct sound like a motor returning to original position. It could be the motor driving the dipper but it is really odd because I haven't heard it before in any other vehicle before.
I believe that's the projector solenoid working. It should not be an issue. The solenoid is used only in projectors where high beam is from the same projector. You will not hear it in reflector head lamps.
Old 5th June 2017, 19:13   #1791
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's been 2 weeks that I'm waiting for my Creta's bumper and dicky (boot) door to arrive at the service station and the store manager is still clueless as to when will he be able to deliver it

Is this waiting period usual for Hyundai? I thought these are moving parts especially for a high-selling vehicle such as this.
Unfortunately there is. I have been waiting for little over a month now for the grand i10's ORVM. When I went to replace it, they said it's out of stock and surprisingly it's not even available in chennai . Said they need two weeks and am still waiting for their call. Think they forgot about it. Anyways, am going there to service the car this weekend and I should be able to get the final update.
Old 5th June 2017, 19:33   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Unfortunately there is. I have been waiting for little over a month now for the grand i10's ORVM.
My dealer didn't even have the 1.6 or VTVT badges in stock. They were also ordered when I wanted them for my Creta. It took 1 month to come, and I told them I dont need it anymore cause the novelty had worn off. Wanted it when my car was new. The Petrol Creta does not come with any badging regarding the engine.

Coming from MSIL this was a shocker to me. MSIL had most body panels in stock or got them within 48 hrs.
Old 5th June 2017, 20:28   #1793
BHPian

What do fellow creta owners do to keep the cladding black and shiny? When I used 3m dashboard dresser on the cladding, the shine lasted for 2 days and left a whitish residue.

The service station applied and advised Tyre dresser instead. It seems to be more durable to me.
Old 5th June 2017, 21:10   #1794
BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

[quote=

The service station applied and advised Tyre dresser instead. It seems to be more durable to me.[/QUOTE]

There are specific vinyl blackening products which can last long , you may check sites like detailedclean.in for details.

Last edited by ranjithrnair : 5th June 2017 at 21:13.
Old 5th June 2017, 22:13   #1795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately there is. I have been waiting for little over a month now for the grand i10's ORVM. When I went to replace it, they said it's out of stock and surprisingly it's not even available in chennai
I used to own the previous generation i10. I once lost my ORVM on a highway incident. Since I was on a highway drive I didn't want to drive one side blind, so dropped into Himavasini Hyundai at Hosur and they fit a new ORVM within a matter of minutes.

There was one catch though, the ORVM came in black colour off the box and it had to be painted blue to match the car colour later.

This was 2011, and the ORVM replaced was the manual one without the integrated turn indicators.

My point being, there might be small town service centres that might have them in stock, not just the big city ones. There might be a tradeoff like it happened in my case.
Old 5th June 2017, 23:37   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately there is. I have been waiting for little over a month now for the grand i10's ORVM.
I've raised it with Hyundai customer care but no response as of now. The local service centre says Hyundai is having issues with delivery trucks but something tells me this going to be a regular problem :/
Old 6th June 2017, 08:29   #1797
BHPian

Has anyone faced issues with the Door Request Sensor switch not functioning properly? The switch on my vehicle is giving spongy feedback without opening / locking the door as opposed to the normal clicking feedback.

I suspect the heavy rains might be a cause. I faced this once last year and the service center fumbled around with it. However, the problem went away and the switch started working normally after a day, which is why I suspect rain water to be the problem.
Old 6th June 2017, 10:22   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
As per the GST slabs, it is expected that rates of Creta will decrease. Any idea by how much? Did anyone recently visit the showroom to understand the impact on rates post GST?
Yes, post GST Creta prices are expected to drop. I got a call yesterday from the SA and he insisted that I should not finalize a car now and wait until GST implementation. I enquired about 1.6 SX Crdi variant and he said expected drop will be around 40-50K. Currently it is 14.1 OTR Faridabad registration which should bring it down to around 13.6'ish. He also mentioned that they have stopped placing any new orders and are now only clearing the stock.
SpoiledBratt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 10:28   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
I suspect the heavy rains might be a cause. I faced this once last year and the service center fumbled around with it. However, the problem went away and the switch started working normally after a day, which is why I suspect rain water to be the problem.
This is correct, I've faced the same problem during rains, it's back to normal in a few days once the water dries off.
Old 7th June 2017, 16:29   #1800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Talk about timing. I got a call from the service station yesterday saying that the part has arrived. I thought they completely forgot about it. Guess that would have been better. This shows they were trying to get hold of the spare and clearly putting out the negative side of things - 1 month for it to arrive and something that isnt rare. Anyways, going there this weekend and I shall point out my comments.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks