Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2017, 16:41   #1651
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
We took delivery of a March make with the updated HU. Can confirm Android auto and other features.

Congratulations on your new ride and wishing you miles & miles of fun

I guess it was not a simple "I booked my car" - "PDI" - "delivery" routine, but this one kept you guessing and good that finally it worked out in the way you wanted. Enjoy your ride.
Old 2nd April 2017, 19:20   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
We took delivery of a March make with the updated HU. Can confirm Android auto and other features. Not sure how it used to work earlier, but when I turn on the engine the "agree" button disappears on it's own. Is this an update or usual?
Congratulations on the new car!

The agree button doesn't disappear on its own in the existing models.

Also, could you please provide more details on the HU's features and even some photos.
Thanks !
Old 3rd April 2017, 10:48   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Congrats on your new ride.
Do share some pics of the new headunit and the the options when you get a chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride and wishing you miles & miles of fun

I guess it was not a simple "I booked my car" - "PDI" - "delivery" routine, but this one kept you guessing and good that finally it worked out in the way you wanted. Enjoy your ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
Congratulations on the new car!
Thanks, guys. I'm still figuring it out but prima facie, if I turn on the electronics, the "Agree" button shows up. If I then turn on the engine, it goes away by itself. However, if I turn on the engine straight away, the Agree button still shows up.

Is it supposed to work this way?

Android auto, carplay, work brilliantly. Google voice command is fun and quirky. Didn't try mirrorlink yet but these features do not work simultaneously. Arkamys Sound Mood is a glorified equalizer. No other changes in '17 model I believe.

I'll update the thread with some pics and videos tomorrow, including the new additions.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:32   #1654
BHPian

@ Nonstop-driver : What gear lock are you mentioning to secure your vehicle..? The only other gadget I can think off to do that is GPS trackers..

@All: My key fob is blinking red whenever I press any of the keys. I vaguely remember from the manual that this means a dying battery. This is happening with the unused key as well. The vehicle is barely 5 months old..
Also, are you guys using any silicon cover or something to protect the key ? I am just apprehensive that moisture may play spoilsport with the key
Old 3rd April 2017, 12:10   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
@ Nonstop-driver : What gear lock are you mentioning to secure your vehicle..? The only other gadget I can think off to do that is GPS trackers..
I was actually stupid enough to ask the dealer for a gear lock

The dealer himself couldn't explain the functionality of the inbuilt shift lock. Will read the manual tonight.
Not too excited about GPS trackers since most thieves dump it quite easily.
Old 3rd April 2017, 18:57   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
We took delivery of a March make with the updated HU.
Congrats on the new car!!

I have one question for you, one of my friends just took a delivery of his car last week. Whats strange was that he dint get any brochure rather only a small booklet with service coupons. Has Hyundai stopped providing the brochure?
Old 3rd April 2017, 23:33   #1657
BHPian

Okay here are some details about the new HU.

The agree button functionality is rather erratic. At times it shows up but music plays in the background. When the engine is turned on, it goes away automatically. Other times it doesn't show up at all. See the video below.

Inside the HU, the sound settings menu

The sound balance feature is really nice. Not sure if it's new to Creta though.

Arkamys Sound Mood looks like a glorified equalizer. Although the effect is noticeable, but options are limited

Connectivity options include this (in addition to Bluetooth)

A small note on each
Apple Carplay - Really easy to connect, no app required. It's a plug and play. But inside the carplay, supported apps are limited and hence, limits usability. Good for calling on the go.

Android Auto - Setting it up the first time is a process. Needs confirmations all around. You need to install Android Auto on your phone, launch it, connect the cable and connect with the car's bluetooth. Since it uses bluetooth, it means you cannot connect it on the go and need to stop and park to connect it
But usability is very high. Allows use of Google maps and Google voice commands which are really neat.

Haven't use mirror link yet, but a point to note is all these features work in an either-or scenario

I'll add pictures of Android Auto and Carplay tomorrow since I was carrying only 1 phone today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
Whats strange was that he dint get any brochure rather only a small booklet with service coupons. Has Hyundai stopped providing the brochure?
Thanks. Yes, there are 2 tiny booklets, each for the vehicle and navigation system. The vehicle booklet has service coupons, information about seatbelts, tyres and airbags and the dealership network. There's a CD as well which I haven't run yet. Probably that'll have the rest.

@All AT users, what is the little button thing under the gear knob for? Also, is there an indication for shift lock release anywhere? I tried to read the manual but it is really brief and doesn't talk about the engine and transmission system at all.

Heading to a local 3M car care tomorrow for paint sealant job. Here's a quick picture from the basement today

PS: The rear parcel tray is rattling already

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 3rd April 2017 at 23:43.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 00:24   #1658
BHPian

Quote:

@All AT users, what is the little button thing under the gear knob for? Also, is there an indication for shift lock release anywhere? I tried to read the manual but it is really brief and doesn't talk about the engine and transmission system at all.
L]

The button on the gear lever is to be pressed when moving out of (P) and into (R). But to be safe and maintain overall longevity always press the brake and the button when moving between any mode. ----Except drive and manual ( +/-).

The shift lock release button on the gear console should be rarely used, only when you need to park the car in (N) with everything off OR when the gear stick is stuck in (P).

Have fun with a great car on great Noida roads (:.
But do share your opinion on the brakes, I find them weak...
Old 4th April 2017, 00:38   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
The button on the gear lever is to be pressed when moving out of (P) and into (R). But to be safe and maintain overall longevity always press the brake and the button when moving between any mode. ----Except drive and manual ( +/-).

The shift lock release button on the gear console should be rarely used, only when you need to park the car in (N) with everything off OR when the gear stick is stuck in (P).

Have fun with a great car on great Noida roads (:.
But do share your opinion on the brakes, I find them weak...
Thank you. I just downloaded and read the 2016 Creta manual and it says the same thing. R->P, N->P->R; but I'll use it for all modes since it's convenient anyway.

What do you mean when it is stuck in (P)? Does that happen often? I thought the shift lock release is equivalent of a gear lock in a manual transmission. Isn't it so?

Thank you, Noida roads are great but the drivers aren't, so I'm always extra careful.
Coming from an i10 I find the brakes satisfactory. Haven't had a close encounter yet though..
Old 4th April 2017, 08:33   #1660
BHPian

There have been a lot of news sites reporting that the Brazilian Creta will be launched soon in India as the face lifted Creta.
Hyundai sells different versions of the same model localised to each markets tastes
E.g. Verna in china is different from the Russian Verna
Similarly the Creta in India, Brazil & China are all localised versions of the same model, not facelifts.

The Indian Creta will get its facelift in late 2018

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ge-404595.aspx
Silverfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 09:51   #1661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What do you mean when it is stuck in (P)? Does that happen often? I thought the shift lock release is equivalent of a gear lock in a manual transmission. Isn't it so?
The shift lock release is useful when you don't have access to the key and want to move the car into Neutral from P or when the battery is dead.

Btw, congratulations on the car. Creta looks the best in black.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 11:22   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The shift lock release is useful when you don't have access to the key and want to move the car into Neutral from P or when the battery is dead.

Btw, congratulations on the car. Creta looks the best in black.
Thank you. So basically, if I understand it right, the car locks the transmission when moved to P and is only unlocked when the ignition is turned on using the key. Then, upon pressing the brake, the level can be moved from P to R to N, right?

But if I don't have the key, I can use lock release button to move the gear to N.

This way pressing shift lock release while the car is in R/N/D should've no impact. Is this correct?
Old 4th April 2017, 13:39   #1663
BHPian

Quote:

Heading to a local 3M car care tomorrow for paint sealant job.

Hey man, congratulations on your new car! Can you share the cost of 3M paint sealant treatment for Creta? I don't have a 3M Car Care in my city.

Oh, and buy a double sided tape and stick small strips underneath the sides of the parcel tray. That'll mute the rattles.
Old 4th April 2017, 15:08   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav667 View Post
Hey man, congratulations on your new car! Can you share the cost of 3M paint sealant treatment for Creta? I don't have a 3M Car Care in my city.

Oh, and buy a double sided tape and stick small strips underneath the sides of the parcel tray. That'll mute the rattles.
Thank you. Just back from the 3M car care. I'll share pics later tonight but my initial experience is average. While the staff and workshop is good, the outcome of their treatment didn't remove all visible scratches. The shine and gloss isn't too deep either. The wax that they use isn't a sealant but the regular wax you use after wash. Even 3M claims the life to be merely 6months. Costs 5,800 something.

Waxoyl is rated better I think (and definitely cheaper). But they don't have a workshop in Delhi. I had a word with the local Waxoyl sales guy. Sounded really genuine but he said they will work in their open parking area or happy to come over at my place. He also offered to get it done at Toyota's dealership in Ambala. Really not sure about their network strategy.

Re parcel trap, I asked the 3M guy to paste a patch of their nomad mat but he said the double tape won't stay. Will find some spongy cloth at home and try it myself now.
Old 4th April 2017, 21:12   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post

I have one question for you, one of my friends just took a delivery of his car last week. Whats strange was that he dint get any brochure rather only a small booklet with service coupons. Has Hyundai stopped providing the brochure?
All things worthy of reading are now in the CD they are providing with the service booklet( see the last page of the service booklet). The booklet itself talks about the Hyundai service network in India and few other things. The CD has the PDF manual which is around 80 MB in size. I think they made this switch to CD sometime late in 2016.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_5076.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_5077.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks