Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2015, 14:40   #16
BHPian

Re: My Video Review: 2015 Fiat Abarth Punto!

Awesome review Karan!!
Appreciate the hardwork which has gone behind the scene, some of the highway shots (esp the one where camera goes in left most lane) are really cool.
Great going Bro.
Acharya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 14:50   #17
BHPian

Thanks for the the review. To be true, after watching your Figo review, I started checking in team-bhp on daily basis for more video reviews from your side.

Also can you please add a small video of a drag race between Abarth punto vs GT TSI, like the Figo vs GT TDI. It will be great for us to know the the real world scenario.
petrol_power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 15:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Great video man. Informative, entertaining and realistic. You're obviously smitten by the Abarth, but you've not held back on the drawbacks. The car is a hell-hound on the highway and it's disturbingly stable / calm / planted at high speeds. The tyres are definitely good and taking corners with that stonker of a steering was a blast, but 205s would drive the deal home.
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 15:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Again a well deserved 5 star review Karan. It's really good to see a bhpian taking up time to compile these videos for enthusiasts like us and give a visual treat.

Coming to Abarth, one of the best hatchback for a grease monkey and he doesn't have to look at remaps and mods. As you said no competition can match this car atleast for the next 5 years. Good going Fiat
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 16:28   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
Nice review Karan,

& that's how you sit in a FIAT, the way Karan sits in the video, be it PALIO, PUNTO or a LINEA or the AVVENTURA, please people observe, there is no steering in your face syndrome in the way Karan is seated. You should be seated a bit relaxed without having the fear of not seeing the edge of the bonnet.

FIAT is far more comfortable to be in than most people think,

& karan, I like the way you shift gears, kudos.

Your comment made my day, Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
Awesome review Karan!!
Appreciate the hardwork which has gone behind the scene, some of the highway shots (esp the one where camera goes in left most lane) are really cool.
Great going Bro.
Thanks Acharya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Thanks for the the review. To be true, after watching your Figo review, I started checking in team-bhp on daily basis for more video reviews from your side.

Also can you please add a small video of a drag race between Abarth punto vs GT TSI, like the Figo vs GT TDI. It will be great for us to know the the real world scenario.
Appreciate your comments petrol_power !

Well, sorry i dont have the car in my possession now so that wont be possible but the result is simple, definitely the Abarth will win and wont be a fair comparison because firstly the GT TSI is short on around 40 hp & the GT TSI cant be launched as aggressively because of the silly rpm lock to safeguard the DSG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Great video man. Informative, entertaining and realistic. You're obviously smitten by the Abarth, but you've not held back on the drawbacks. The car is a hell-hound on the highway and it's disturbingly stable / calm / planted at high speeds. The tyres are definitely good and taking corners with that stonker of a steering was a blast, but 205s would drive the deal home.
Thanks so much Tushar !

Yes indeed the Abarth was definitely a magical experience but at the same time i hopefully managed to point out the obvious flaws which were present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Again a well deserved 5 star review Karan. It's really good to see a bhpian taking up time to compile these videos for enthusiasts like us and give a visual treat.

Coming to Abarth, one of the best hatchback for a grease monkey and he doesn't have to look at remaps and mods. As you said no competition can match this car atleast for the next 5 years. Good going Fiat
Thanks fusionbang for your positive comments & the 5* Rating

Last edited by GTO : 12th December 2015 at 11:40. Reason: Quoted post edited
karan561 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 17:05   #21
Team-BHP Support

Excellent review Karan! Commendable effort indeed, thanks for sharing

And a great job by Fiat too! Even though not selling in big numbers, they are always up there to provide something to cheer for their limited customer base. I wish big sellers like Suzuki take a note of this, and bring in models like the brilliant Swift Sport!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 21:38   #22
BHPian

Excellent review there!
I believe you put in a lot of effort for these reviews. Every review has something different. Like the drag in the Figo review and now SWOT analysis.
Keep it up buddy👍🏻
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 22:31   #23
BANNED

Great review Karan again. It is great to see tastes of the enthusiasts being catered to.

Man, those donuts in the beginning were pretty cool and I wanted to see more of them in the video. :P
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 23:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Excellent video. The best thing that I liked about this video is the various locations you took the car around as well as the ending summary. Although one small suggestion from my side, try to shoot in 60fps on your GoPro as the 60fps videos look amazing.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 02:28   #25

Nicely shot Karan! Sure it draws you in!

I'd love to see little more of the parking lot 'doughnuts' though!

And, I think, the 6.5" Touchscreen infotainment system is given only with Sportivo limited edition not with standard punto evo, correct me if I am wrong!
But, it seems, its a matter of few months before we see one in Abarth model too!
NyHeadlong is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 10:09   #26
BHPian

Great review Karan! Was there any noticeable torque steer while flooring the throttle?
huracan.lp580 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 10:46   #27
BHPian

Super video review Karan. Rated it a full 5 stars.

What makes this even sweeter for me is that I saw you know last weekend on the Expressway at the Khalapur toll. I was staring at you and you were staring back at me. I was in the white Honda city with the LTD sticker.

I was behind the Abarth from Navi Mumbai and was impressed immediately. Even pointed it out to my co-passengers. Though I saw you at the wheel I did not recognize you and apologies for that.
@Chaand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 12:29   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Excellent review Karan! Commendable effort indeed, thanks for sharing

And a great job by Fiat too! Even though not selling in big numbers, they are always up there to provide something to cheer for their limited customer base. I wish big sellers like Suzuki take a note of this, and bring in models like the brilliant Swift Sport!
Thanks vb-san,

Yes well pointed out, makers like Maruti Suzuki should take note & bring in the real Sport & RS models & not just decaled, fake RS badges with no changes in engine / handling department

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Excellent review there!
I believe you put in a lot of effort for these reviews. Every review has something different. Like the drag in the Figo review and now SWOT analysis.
Keep it up buddy����
Thanks Denzil !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
Great review Karan again. It is great to see tastes of the enthusiasts being catered to.

Man, those donuts in the beginning were pretty cool and I wanted to see more of them in the video. :P
Thanks Kisharchit,

Oh yes the car was so easy to do donuts in, i have a good clip of those donuts but only used as a glimpse in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Excellent video. The best thing that I liked about this video is the various locations you took the car around as well as the ending summary. Although one small suggestion from my side, try to shoot in 60fps on your GoPro as the 60fps videos look amazing.
Thanks for you appreciation & suggestion blackwasp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyHeadlong View Post
Nicely shot Karan! Sure it draws you in!

I'd love to see little more of the parking lot 'doughnuts' though!
Thanks, well i did not want to keep the donuts clip too long, but yes the car happily does the donuts & could've done all day long in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by huracan.lp580 View Post
Great review Karan! Was there any noticeable torque steer while flooring the throttle?
Thanks !

Torque steer YES, only when driving on cement / concrete roads. Rest tarmac the tyres performed well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Super video review Karan. Rated it a full 5 stars.

What makes this even sweeter for me is that I saw you know last weekend on the Expressway at the Khalapur toll. I was staring at you and you were staring back at me. I was in the white Honda city with the LTD sticker.

I was behind the Abarth from Navi Mumbai and was impressed immediately. Even pointed it out to my co-passengers. Though I saw you at the wheel I did not recognize you and apologies for that.
Thanks Chaand.

Oh well that was you looking at me and the car, and i was talking to my brother & saying how the Abarth grabs attention so well

Last edited by karan561 : 12th December 2015 at 12:30.
karan561 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 12:43   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hello all,

I had the Abarth Punto over the weekend & had the opportunity to video review it;

Hope you guys like it
Really nice review Karan! Great video, the speech clarity was excellent, and the engine note could be heard clearly everytime you revved hard. I have been waiting for someone to do a review of the car, and talk about the complete dynamics, but most of the videos online are initial impressions, and talk only about the looks and engine mostly, whereas you have given a proper detailed impression about the car. The SWOT analysis was also great, and mostly spot on, but I agree with others that the brakes should have been added as a strength.

I appreciate that you have kept a very neutral stance with your observations on the car, and highlighted the actual weaknesses as well. I also notice that you seem to have no issues with the ergonomics of the car, so was curious to hear your opinion about them. I certainly don't have any issues with the ergonomics of the car, and in fact love them, so much so that it is awkward to drive other cars

P.S: I like your driving skills man

Rated the thread a well deserved 5 stars!
Joxster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 17:01   #30
BHPian

A Red Hot Review of the Hottest Hatch!!

I Took the Test Drive of Both T-jet Linea and Abarth Punto I would Limit my self to My Observation regarding Abarth.

Seats Look fine but I found the Material to be a Little Soft to my Liking Though They looked Really Nice.
Only Those Who have Taken it For Long Drive would be able to comment on it.

A have Read a Lot about Seating Position and Steering Wheel Holding Position etc.
I was already Reeling under Linea T-Jet Adernalne Rush So forgot about the Checklist
but I felt extremely Comfortable with both Seating Position and Steering Wheel Geometry and didn't find any issue for a Six footer.

Yes, The Clutch Travel is Long but its very light and not Discontenting at all it will take a bit of time to Adjust to long travel that's about it.

Rubbery Gearshift: Now I am no Frank Abarth born in Italy who know head to Toe about car's but, I didn't find any issues with Either Gearshift Quality or Slotting them etc and If any one comes and tell me that it's the deal breaker I would be like "Mate,
You Don't Complain about How much Megan Fox scored in her Math Test"

Torque Steer: I didn't know what the heck is it before I Drove this Brute. Taking Abarth for a Test drive in Peak Traffic hours in Pune (I am From Mumbai) was Anti-climatic however When a Slightly Empty Stretched Presented itself and I pushed the accelerator hard that was the Eureka moment for me.

Try to Get you heart beating faster than it does when you touch any of these T-jets
on any other car and you know what am I talking about.

Both T-Jets Avatar Whether Its Linea or Abarth are Living Legend's Once The Turbo kicks in Everything falls in the place instantly your Heart is totally connected with your car. They both Provide Excellent Ride Comfort Superior Braking and handling. Excellent Steering Feedback and that Adernaline Rush to Die for.

Bravo, Fiat You had Audacity to Introduce This Gem I hope Ford Will Follow Suit and Unleash Fiesta in full Glory.

I am going for Linea T-Jet and have a long Story to Tell

When I looked into Review mirror of these cars I could see the "Cynic" waving his hand before it Disappeared

Last edited by fight_club : 12th December 2015 at 17:02.
fight_club is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks