Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2015, 01:06   #31
BHPian

Re: My Video Review: 2015 Fiat Abarth Punto!

Beautiful Video review Karan. All your points are mentioned precisely and explained beautifully. You really have a bright future if you are eyeing to become an automotive journalist in the near future. The cinematography and editing is also handled beautifully and trust me those small stunts scene were awesome. Hope you took the necessary safety precautions while performing those stunts buddy. Anyways my best wishes for your future ahead buddy and am expecting more of your wonderful reviews in the near future .
Aniruthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 10:14   #32
BHPian

Smashing review there again Karan Sir! What a visual treat it was! Thanks a lot.

It's amazing to see what you've done with a GoPro. Sound quality also seems to be much better than your previous videos. Kudos to your brother too. I also loved the SWOT analysis. You have covered all the points of the car superbly and this review is totally neutral and unbiased. Would love to see how the Abarth fares in drag races with cars of the same genre from upper segments too. Please do try to do so, we all loved the GT TDI vs Figo 1.5 drag race.

I think it'd be a good idea to provide a link of your video review on the official Team-BHP review thread of the car.

Keep more of 'em videos coming. Wishing you luck.

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 12:32   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hello all,

I had the Abarth Punto over the weekend & had the opportunity to video review it;

Hope you guys like it
Very very good review. I thought it was better than any commercial review & the passion was amply evident everywhere, a point that is usually missed in an Indian comm' review. The "SWAT analysis" is also noteworthy. Kudos !!!
Nagesh Bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 18:18   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Really nice review Karan! Great video, the speech clarity was excellent, and the engine note could be heard clearly everytime you revved hard. I have been waiting for someone to do a review of the car, and talk about the complete dynamics, but most of the videos online are initial impressions, and talk only about the looks and engine mostly, whereas you have given a proper detailed impression about the car. The SWOT analysis was also great, and mostly spot on, but I agree with others that the brakes should have been added as a strength.

I appreciate that you have kept a very neutral stance with your observations on the car, and highlighted the actual weaknesses as well. I also notice that you seem to have no issues with the ergonomics of the car, so was curious to hear your opinion about them. I certainly don't have any issues with the ergonomics of the car, and in fact love them, so much so that it is awkward to drive other cars

P.S: I like your driving skills man

Rated the thread a well deserved 5 stars!
Thanks Joxster for your comments.

Well yes for me the Car's ergonomics were pretty much manageable.

Also i saw you posting on the Official Abarth thread a lot, so are you finally going in for the Abarth Punto ? If not what are the other options you are considering ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club View Post
A Red Hot Review of the Hottest Hatch!!
Thanks a lot, well let me tell you that you have great writing skills, i enjoyed reading your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruthan View Post
Beautiful Video review Karan. All your points are mentioned precisely and explained beautifully. You really have a bright future if you are eyeing to become an automotive journalist in the near future. The cinematography and editing is also handled beautifully and trust me those small stunts scene were awesome. Hope you took the necessary safety precautions while performing those stunts buddy. Anyways my best wishes for your future ahead buddy and am expecting more of your wonderful reviews in the near future .
Thank you Aniruthan for your inspiring comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Smashing review there again Karan Sir! What a visual treat it was! Thanks a lot.

It's amazing to see what you've done with a GoPro. Sound quality also seems to be much better than your previous videos. Kudos to your brother too. I also loved the SWOT analysis. You have covered all the points of the car superbly and this review is totally neutral and unbiased. Would love to see how the Abarth fares in drag races with cars of the same genre from upper segments too. Please do try to do so, we all loved the GT TDI vs Figo 1.5 drag race.

I think it'd be a good idea to provide a link of your video review on the official Team-BHP review thread of the car.

Keep more of 'em videos coming. Wishing you luck.

Neel
Thanks neel I'm glad you enjoyed my review, sadly the Punto is gone now so won't be able to pitch it against the bigger & pricier cars, But thanks for your thoughts Neel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagesh Bhatt View Post
Very very good review. I thought it was better than any commercial review & the passion was amply evident everywhere, a point that is usually missed in an Indian comm' review. The "SWAT analysis" is also noteworthy. Kudos !!!
Appreciate your comments Nagesh, Thanks !

Last edited by karan561 : 13th December 2015 at 18:28.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 23:39   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Joxster for your comments.

Well yes for me the Car's ergonomics were pretty much manageable.

Also i saw you posting on the Official Abarth thread a lot, so are you finally going in for the Abarth Punto ? If not what are the other options you are considering ?
I really wish, but can't at the moment due to financial constraints unfortunately. If I had the money though, there would be no other options to consider in my list, because I am completely smitten by the scorpion, and currently want nothing else
Joxster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 08:37   #36
BHPian

Karan superb video review as always. Started of with 328i followed by Figo 1.5TDCi and now Abarth Punto. Dude you are setting a benchmark with every review of yours. Keep it up. With that SWOT analysis classroom analysis, you reminded me of my MBA presentation sessions.

Last edited by Aniruddha_Ch : 15th December 2015 at 08:39.
Aniruddha_Ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 18:37   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
I really wish, but can't at the moment due to financial constraints unfortunately. If I had the money though, there would be no other options to consider in my list, because I am completely smitten by the scorpion, and currently want nothing else
All the best & may you end up buying the Abarth sooner than you expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruddha_Ch View Post
Karan superb video review as always. Started of with 328i followed by Figo 1.5TDCi and now Abarth Punto. Dude you are setting a benchmark with every review of yours. Keep it up. With that SWOT analysis classroom analysis, you reminded me of my MBA presentation sessions.
Hello Aniruddha many thanks for your appreciation, I'm glad you enjoyed watching
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 15:17   #38
BHPian

Woah Karan !!! Hats Off to you man

This is really a very comprehensive video review. Already rated 5 Stars. Few more of those and I guess people on TBHP would rather be waiting for your video reviews. I liked your first video review of Ford Figo as well as this video review also. Particularly the SWOT analysis is talking point of your video review, which I have never seen in any of the video reviews. Even the much known video reviews by Autocar, Zigwheels, Autoportal etc. have never shown SWOT analysis.

Keep up the good work bro. Wish you many many more successful video reviews ahead
J_Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 11:58   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
Woah Karan !!! Hats Off to you man

This is really a very comprehensive video review. Already rated 5 Stars. Few more of those and I guess people on TBHP would rather be waiting for your video reviews. I liked your first video review of Ford Figo as well as this video review also. Particularly the SWOT analysis is talking point of your video review, which I have never seen in any of the video reviews. Even the much known video reviews by Autocar, Zigwheels, Autoportal etc. have never shown SWOT analysis.

Keep up the good work bro. Wish you many many more successful video reviews ahead
J_Man,

Thank you, appreciate your kind & motivating comments
Old 18th December 2015, 23:23   #40
BHPian

One more great review and you have got more admirers for your driving style Karan Though Figo review was bit more detailed one I feel. Anyway great job
GT145 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 22:35   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat India has shared my video review on their Facebook page

My Video Review: 2015 Fiat Abarth Punto!-screen-shot-20151227-10.30.47-pm.png
karan561 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 09:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Fiat India has shared my video review on their Facebook page
It was only time before they did this Karan.

Quite honestly, none of the professional videos out there can actually give an 'End-user' perspective like the way your video does buddy.

Ironically, every time I search for a 'Ford Figo 1.5 TDI' video on youtube, your video pops right up.

So, don't be surprised if Ford add this video on their FB page as well
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 11:03   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
It was only time before they did this Karan.

Quite honestly, none of the professional videos out there can actually give an 'End-user' perspective like the way your video does buddy.

Ironically, every time I search for a 'Ford Figo 1.5 TDI' video on Youtube, your video pops right up.

So, don't be surprised if Ford add this video on their FB page as well
Thanks again Vik for your inspiring comments

FORD may not publish the Figo review on their FB page because i changed their tyres
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 12:23   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Just got news that the Linea powered by ABARTH is launching;

My Video Review: 2015 Fiat Abarth Punto!-linea-abarth.jpg

^ Source

First the Aventura powered by Abarth & now the Linea !

I think these are wrong moves by Fiat and it is doing nothing but diluting the Abarth brand for India.

IMO they should have stuck with Abarth Punto only.

Linea is already a wonderful product and had the brilliant T-Jet in its fold.

I just hope they give atleast 15-20 % more power than the Abarth Punto to compensate the more weight of Linea.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 13:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got news that the Linea powered by ABARTH is launching
What??? How does Fiat even allow this. They know better than most (Clearly not with Fiat in India) what the Abarth badge stands for. It has to be a hot hatch. Not a executive, over weight sedan. I am in favor of what you said about the Avventura too. A 140bhp variant has been made available but don't call it an Abarth for the heck of it. Just about anything fitted with a T Jet engine does not qualify to be called an Abarth.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks