Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2016, 20:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Video Review: Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
Good review, but the back of the SUV looks so awful that pushed me away from buying it, apart from the lack of head room. :\
The lack of head room may be restricted only in the 3.2 Titanium variant since it has a panoramic sunroof. Check the one without the sun roof and you maybe okay with the head room on offer.

The back of the SUV is something that one can live with. After all you will mostly be in the car so you never have to see the back of it .
Old 8th February 2016, 21:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Looks like it has been diverted to some one with influence. Pretty sad now trust ford to kill the joy of buying a new vehicle. Most likely i might end up canceling my booking. Way to go Ford
I was at the mangalore yard today and saw a grey endy being prepped. Which is your colour? But I'm not sure if it's the Titanium.

Don't cancel the booking yet. Just followup with Ford CC and Mr. Umesh. Drop a mail to ford. Insist on wanting the car in the next truck from the plant.

Anyway are you sure that the February batch would have come so early in the month?
Old 8th February 2016, 22:38   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Looks like i am getting a taste of Ford before market support. Mine was the first booking at Mangalore and i selected the only titanium 3.2 allotted to the dealership for February was promised several times on delivery in February from dealership as well as ford customer care also received email from marketing head ford to get ready to take home my new ford endeavor and now it looks like my vehicle has disappeared. The other endeavors booked after me have reached Mangalore but my vehicle has not come. Looks like it has been diverted to some one with influence. Pretty sad now trust ford to kill the joy of buying a new vehicle. Most likely i might end up canceling my booking. Way to go Ford
Im sure this will be the case with Toyota as well when the new Innova & Fortuner get launched. But, Ford India should pay more attention to keep their dealers in check so that the end consumer doesn't suffer right from booking to delivery process.

Quote:
Good review, but the back of the SUV looks so awful that pushed me away from buying it, apart from the lack of head room. :\
Thank You
Old 8th February 2016, 23:22   #19
BHPian

Brilliant is the word that comes ... to describe both the Endeavour and the review.

Saw the car last month while servicing my Fiesta, and it is a looker no doubt. Not having boxiness of previous version helps here. Just wish Ford has kept the interiors in black-grey family.

Just a question Karan as you seem to drove it extensively - how the gearbox behaves in city driving conditions that demands quick upshift/downshift.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 08:51   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Brilliant is the word that comes ... to describe both the Endeavour and the review.

Just a question Karan as you seem to drove it extensively - how the gearbox behaves in city driving conditions that demands quick upshift/downshift.

Thanks rsm97

The gearbox is not a concern at all, while driving the Endeavour in city limits never did i feel the A/T be confused or lethargic. Plus there is so much power that even if the gearbox hasnt downshifted it will keep going thanks to the low end torque.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 09:22   #21
BANNED

^But karan, in the city the first and second gear takes for ever to upshift to third gear in the traffic. this doesn't happen with the DCT tramission, if u are familiar with those kind of transmissions. Recently i drove the endy and the CLA back to back and there is huge difference in the gear shift pattern with in the city. Definetely there is lag while shifting gears in city buddy. You should drive it in peak traffic and then see the difference.
ravelsnip@gmail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 09:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Karan really amazing review! This is a real passion project of yours. Would this be a replacement to your Fortuner or not?

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 11:03   #23
BHPian

Karan, you are officially Team BHPs Singham. You walk towards the car in full tashan

Awesome work man. India is slowly seeing these huge big cars get momentum, with the Chevy also getting their Trailblazer, this segment is getting pumped up. I have driven the old endy and it had this amazing pickup which would make it agile like a car.

Once again thank you for all your effort man, this is informative and entertaining.

Last edited by Dieselritzer : 9th February 2016 at 11:07.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 11:05   #24
BHPian

Awesome review bro! The way you explained everything, especially the terrain management system was really good.
Fingers crossed to pitch this beast against the upcoming TFort!
Couple of questions :

Does it have a subwoofer at the front?
Is the touch screen interface responsive? Heard in some reviews that it isn't all that fast.
Does it get Carplay or Android Auto?
A couple of night shots showcasing the ambient lighting would have been perfect!
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 11:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Great work! Your review is spot on and very relevant. I loved it just like my test drive of the new Endeavour.

Its one heck of a machine. Especially that fabulous ride. Hoping to see it more on our roads.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 12:51   #26

Excellent review Karan bhai. Very detailed and complete. Thanks for sharing this informative video capsule. Look forward to many more. Regards
DRPrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 13:23   #27
BHPian

Any updates on when the deliveries are commencing ? have booked a endy in Pune. There is no guaranteed input from the dealer regarding date of delivery. Just get an ans " we will let you know as soon as the first Lot of vehicles gets billed"
architkarpe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 15:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

After Figo1.5 TDCi & Abarth Punto Evo, Endeavour 3.2 review rocks.

One small query. How do we cancel a terrain settings. i.e Rocky to Normal mode? Do we need to stop the beast and switch it or can be do on-fly?

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 16:58   #29
BHPian

Karan Great review with some good observations .

I do feel that ford should have sorted the backend supply chain before launching the product in india. With the new Figo Hatchback, Aspire and the Endeavour Ford india went on a launch spree. While the ford figo and aspire may have heavy localisation content, endeavour is only 20% localised.

If they don't act fast this is going to harm their reputation and push customers towards the other fence :dead horse
smekad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 19:16   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
^But karan, in the city the first and second gear takes for ever to upshift to third gear in the traffic. this doesn't happen with the DCT tramission, if u are familiar with those kind of transmissions. Recently i drove the endy and the CLA back to back and there is huge difference in the gear shift pattern with in the city. Definetely there is lag while shifting gears in city buddy. You should drive it in peak traffic and then see the difference.
May be i couldn't notice it as you did. But i agree in bumper to bumper traffic it could have been better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Karan really amazing review! This is a real passion project of yours. Would this be a replacement to your Fortuner or not?

Maddy
Thanks Maddy ! If this 3.2L were available in Manual Transmission then YES i would've bought it, but now it seem the replacement will be the all new Fortuner only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Karan, you are officially Team BHPs Singham. You walk towards the car in full tashan

Awesome work man. India is slowly seeing these huge big cars get momentum, with the Chevy also getting their Trailblazer, this segment is getting pumped up. I have driven the old endy and it had this amazing pickup which would make it agile like a car.

Once again thank you for all your effort man, this is informative and entertaining.
HaHa, thanks for the flattering comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Awesome review bro! The way you explained everything, especially the terrain management system was really good.
Fingers crossed to pitch this beast against the upcoming TFort!
Couple of questions :

Does it have a subwoofer at the front?
Is the touch screen interface responsive? Heard in some reviews that it isn't all that fast.
Does it get Carplay or Android Auto?
A couple of night shots showcasing the ambient lighting would have been perfect!
Thanks GKR9900, appreciate your comments.

To answer your question, the subwoofer is present in the 3rd row on pillar area. The touch screen interface is slow indeed. It doesn't get Apple car play or the Android Auto. The Ambient lighting was present in the footwell and in the door handle area, but yes sadly couldnt capture in on video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Great work! Your review is spot on and very relevant. I loved it just like my test drive of the new Endeavour.

Its one heck of a machine. Especially that fabulous ride. Hoping to see it more on our roads.
Thanks man !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPrevs View Post
Excellent review Karan bhai. Very detailed and complete. Thanks for sharing this informative video capsule. Look forward to many more. Regards
Thank You !

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Any updates on when the deliveries are commencing ? have booked a endy in Pune. There is no guaranteed input from the dealer regarding date of delivery. Just get an ans " we will let you know as soon as the first Lot of vehicles gets billed"
Deliveries have started, but there definitely is a big scarcity specially the 3.2L as their Thailand plant (AAT, Rayong) is overloaded with orders and the CKD units being allotted for India are not coping with the expected demand. Also that same Thailand plant is catering to Australian & South African demands hence the backlog.

The other plant where the Endeavour is being made is in China, but that is serving exclusively for Chinese market only.

All the best for your Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
After Figo1.5 TDCi & Abarth Punto Evo, Endeavour 3.2 review rocks.

One small query. How do we cancel a terrain settings. i.e Rocky to Normal mode? Do we need to stop the beast and switch it or can be do on-fly?

Cheers!

Vinu
Thanks Vinu.

From Rock Mode to Normal Mode you will have to go back to Neutral & disengage the 4x4 low & hence come to a halt. Where as other modes to come back to Normal you can do it on the fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post
Karan Great review with some good observations .

I do feel that ford should have sorted the backend supply chain before launching the product in india. With the new Figo Hatchback, Aspire and the Endeavour Ford india went on a launch spree. While the ford figo and aspire may have heavy localisation content, endeavour is only 20% localised.

If they don't act fast this is going to harm their reputation and push customers towards the other fence :dead horse
Thanks ! I agree Ford needs to act on the above issues on the double.

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th February 2016 at 08:07. Reason: Quoted post deleted.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks