Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2016, 15:45   #46
BHPian

Re: Video Review: Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Thanks GKR9900, appreciate your comments.
You're welcome. Seeing that you're pretty strong in the theory department, I figured you might be the best person to ask the following question

How will systems like TMS adjust if we decide to tune up the engine later via a tuning box or remap? I am a complete noob in this area, but I was just wondering if there could be any adverse effects. AFAIK, there are specific parameters which are in place to allocate the power, torque etc to individual wheels, right? So if we were to bump up those figures, would there be a problem? Also for cars with separate driving modes (Eco,Sport etc), how would a remap or tuning box affect the components? Sorry for being off topic, but I had to get this out of my system!
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 11:57   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
You're welcome. Seeing that you're pretty strong in the theory department, I figured you might be the best person to ask the following question

How will systems like TMS adjust if we decide to tune up the engine later via a tuning box or remap? I am a complete noob in this area, but I was just wondering if there could be any adverse effects. AFAIK, there are specific parameters which are in place to allocate the power, torque etc to individual wheels, right? So if we were to bump up those figures, would there be a problem? Also for cars with separate driving modes (Eco,Sport etc), how would a remap or tuning box affect the components? Sorry for being off topic, but I had to get this out of my system!
There wont be any adverse effects on the TMS after remap just like how the gearbox of an A/T alters the power delivery after a remap, the same way TMS will adjust accordingly.

There are so many BMW's globally & in India running a remap which are having driving modes and each driving mode performing 10-15% better than stock (& of performance enhancement depends on the map/chip). Also there have been instances where during normal driving (Or in ECO Mode) you will notice that your FE is better because of improvement in throttle response and enhanced rev range.

BUT im not an expert on this topic, whenever you plan to go in for a remap on the Endeavour select a reputable brand for the job & put the same questions forward to them & im sure they will be able to answer you in a more technically sound manner

Last edited by karan561 : 22nd February 2016 at 12:06.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 12:10   #48
BHPian

@Karan561 your reviews are really good especially the theory classes mate. Keep them going!

Just one thing though. i found the video to be slightly shaky in the start. Nothing that disturbs me but when you are upping your game I'd thought you might wanna improve on everything/anything.
vamsi2390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 16:32   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi2390 View Post
@Karan561 your reviews are really good especially the theory classes mate. Keep them going!

Just one thing though. i found the video to be slightly shaky in the start. Nothing that disturbs me but when you are upping your game I'd thought you might wanna improve on everything/anything.
Thanks, i appreciate your positive comments & your suggestion is well noted
Old 26th February 2016, 14:53   #50
BHPian

A great car and great review again Karan. Keep them coming. I think this car really suits your personality, wish you could own one

But I must admit that I've already started waiting for your video reviews just like people wait for the official TBHP reviews.

Great Work Bro.
J_Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 23:05   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
A great car and great review again Karan. Keep them coming. I think this car really suits your personality, wish you could own one

But I must admit that I've already started waiting for your video reviews just like people wait for the official TBHP reviews.

Great Work Bro.
Thank You J Man

Yes, a few more videos planned in the coming months, stay tuned

Last edited by karan561 : 26th February 2016 at 23:06.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks