Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2016, 19:47   #31
BHPian

Re: Video Review: Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 A/T

Superb review of the Endeavour. Thoroughly enjoyed the video. Thank you so much for explaining in detail about the ride quality and the interior quality of the vehicle.
slackyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 22:14   #32
BANNED

Very comprehensive and honest review Karan, hats off. Been driving fortuner last 4 yearns and am glad there's a true successor to beat it within it's price point. But am also waiting for Innova Crysta with the 2,8 heart, guess there will be no match for the comfort she offers with the performance added as bonus.
vittalnrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 23:11   #33
BHPian

Lovely review Karan!
Was a virtual reality experience for those of yes who are yet to take the test-drive. I am totally sold on the butch looks of the new Endy. Seems to be a well rounded package too. Have my eyes on the 3.2 4x4 AT Titanium as the next upgrade.Seems the cabin space might be a little wee bit tight compared to competition. And third access seems to be an exercise in itself.
For reference, Could you let me know how tall you are?
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 11:05   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackyboy View Post
Superb review of the Endeavour. Thoroughly enjoyed the video. Thank you so much for explaining in detail about the ride quality and the interior quality of the vehicle.
Thanks Slackyboy, appreciate your comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittalnrv View Post
Very comprehensive and honest review Karan, hats off. Been driving fortuner last 4 yearns and am glad there's a true successor to beat it within it's price point. But am also waiting for Innova Crysta with the 2,8 heart, guess there will be no match for the comfort she offers with the performance added as bonus.
Thanks for your positive comments.

Yes the Innova Crysta seems a really promising vehicle, but id suggest you wait for the Fortuner which will be launched next year as that will be a proper upgrade from the current Fortuner. Though the exterior is not as butch as the current but the interiors, features are far superior & hence it will be a fine upgrade for current Fortuner owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Lovely review Karan!
Was a virtual reality experience for those of yes who are yet to take the test-drive. I am totally sold on the butch looks of the new Endy. Seems to be a well rounded package too. Have my eyes on the 3.2 4x4 AT Titanium as the next upgrade.Seems the cabin space might be a little wee bit tight compared to competition. And third access seems to be an exercise in itself.
For reference, Could you let me know how tall you are?
Thanks Vignesh !

Yes the Fortuner offers more room in the middle & last rows.

I am 178 cm tall so hope that will give you an idea for reference

Last edited by karan561 : 10th February 2016 at 11:08.
Old 10th February 2016, 20:22   #35
BHPian

Hi Karan!
You've stepped up your review game, and how! Especially the segment on the terrain management.

Pardon my ignorance, but can you tell me how exactly is the 60:40 split seat with the 40 being on the right side an issue?
rohan_cherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 22:14   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_cherian View Post
Hi Karan!
You've stepped up your review game, and how! Especially the segment on the terrain management.

Pardon my ignorance, but can you tell me how exactly is the 60:40 split seat with the 40 being on the right side an issue?
Thanks Rohan !

Well suppose you have to drop some of the passengers on a busy road, then the car's right door will be open to let the passengers out, they will have to come out on the right side i.e. the buys road/ traffic side. This entire thing may not be a BIG issue but it was just an observation (This obviously means it were designed for left hand drive markets).

Hope that clarifies my observation
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 10:18   #37
Team-BHP Support

Did you manage to check out the 4X4 MT? Drove it?

I dunno, but I somehow don't like driving AT's still.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 12:43   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Did you manage to check out the 4X4 MT? Drove it?

I dunno, but I somehow don't like driving AT's still.
Hello Sheel,

No i havent driven the M/T yet.

If i had to buy the Endeavour i'd definitely go in for the 2.2L 4x4 M/T because there is no 3.2L 4x4 M/T.

As a purist i prefer the M/T myself but now i would have to wait to replace my current Fortuner with all new Fortuner (2.8L 4x4 M/T) next year

Last edited by karan561 : 11th February 2016 at 12:48.
Old 11th February 2016, 19:27   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

If i had to buy the Endeavour i'd definitely go in for the 2.2L 4x4 M/T because there is no 3.2L 4x4 M/T.

As a purist i prefer the M/T myself but now i would have to wait to replace my current Fortuner with all new Fortuner (2.8L 4x4 M/T) next year
Hi karan, a question from me too, what if the new fortuner doesn't come with a manual. Then, which car would you choose?
CarLoverJosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 01:44   #40
BHPian

Boy what an excellent video review you've gotten there! For someone who doesn't understand a lot of technicalities your simple but detailed review would be amazingly helpful!

Quote:

I believe Ford haven't got the right variant mix. Would really have loved the 2.2L 4x4 AT in Titanium trim. I only want an automatic but and SUV has to be with 4x4, however the 3.2 Titanium is way out of reach! Will wait for the new Innova launch and then decide between the two. As things stand the Innova needs to mess up the pricing and features big time for me to consider another option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLoverJosh View Post
what if the new fortuner doesn't come with a manual. Then, which car would you choose?
I too want to ask you this question. Purely my guesstimate but I don't think the Fortuner will come with a Manual 4x4 in the higher engine variant. They may follow Ford here. Plus it's not launching anytime soon so probably the Endeavour is the best bet.

Just checked on the pricing for Navi Mumbai its around 35L OTR. The top end 3.2L Titanium 4x4 AT has a 4 month waiting! Always baffles me when in such a supposedly recessionary scenario a car costing so much is in so much demand!

Last edited by miharbe : 12th February 2016 at 01:46.
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 09:17   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
I too want to ask you this question. Purely my guesstimate but I don't think the Fortuner will come with a Manual 4x4 in the higher engine variant. They may follow Ford here. Plus it's not launching anytime soon so probably the Endeavour is the best bet.

Just checked on the pricing for Navi Mumbai its around 35L OTR. The top end 3.2L Titanium 4x4 AT has a 4 month waiting! Always baffles me when in such a supposedly recessionary scenario a car costing so much is in so much demand!
you only send one car per month to a dealer how is that even a demand? Trust me this Endy is also seeing the same fate as the previous generation one. 50% of the bookings are being cancelled thanks to the pathetic ford's low stock of kits and uncertainty over deliveries. 4 months they are giving away only 4 cars to a dealer , I'm talking about the 3.2 AT Titanium. Where as Fortuner can deliver 4 in 1 month to a same dealer, infant more than that. So please don't falsely say its a demand, its just that Ford cannot serve minimum demand of customer for a new product. Every dealer i visited is allocated max one or two cars per month. In which world is that a demand bro? Real demand is when the new Fortuner gets launched!

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 12th February 2016 at 09:19.
Old 12th February 2016, 11:59   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLoverJosh View Post
Hi karan, a question from me too, what if the new fortuner doesn't come with a manual. Then, which car would you choose?
Good question there

If i had to chose between the 2 automatics (New Endy v/s All New Fortuner) i would definitely go for the Endeavour 3.2L 4x4.

Simple because of these reasons;

1) Bigger Engine, More Power, More Torque than the all new Fortuner

2) Terrain Management System is better than the all new Fortuners 4wd switchgear.

3) The Endeavour is better equipped with Features such as Pano Sunroof

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Boy what an excellent video review you've gotten there! For someone who doesn't understand a lot of technicalities your simple but detailed review would be amazingly helpful!
Thanks !

Quote:
I too want to ask you this question. Purely my guesstimate but I don't think the Fortuner will come with a Manual 4x4 in the higher engine variant. They may follow Ford here. Plus it's not launching anytime soon so probably the Endeavour is the best bet
Endeavour globally doesnt have the 3.2L in M/T & hence it hasn't been launched in India, whereas the Fortuner has the 2.8L in 4x4 M/T so definitely they will launch that variant here.

If not, then we are doomed
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 16:09   #43
BHPian

Excellent review Karan.... Thanks a lot for this as this cements my decision to go for the Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 Auto... being driving the Skoda Superb for more than 4 years now and getting use to an Auto gear box is really helpful....
jayeshdamle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 00:22   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshdamle View Post
Excellent review Karan.... Thanks a lot for this as this cements my decision to go for the Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 Auto... being driving the Skoda Superb for more than 4 years now and getting use to an Auto gear box is really helpful....
Thanks Jayesh for your comments

Im happy that my video review helped firm up your buy decision, all the best
Old 15th February 2016, 02:19   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
Good review, but the back of the SUV looks so awful that pushed me away from buying it, apart from the lack of head room. :\
+1.

It's really ugly, imo.

This evening, when they were reversing the car into a parking space, I found it odd that the reverse lights were on the tailgate, rather than incorporated into the side brake light cluster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Brilliant is the word that comes ... to describe both the Endeavour and the review.

Saw the car last month while servicing my Fiesta, and it is a looker no doubt. Not having boxiness of previous version helps here. Just wish Ford has kept the interiors in black-grey family.

Just a question Karan as you seem to drove it extensively - how the gearbox behaves in city driving conditions that demands quick upshift/downshift.
I just test-drove one, posted here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3913003

Quote:
Thanks rsm97

The gearbox is not a concern at all, while driving the Endeavour in city limits never did i feel the A/T be confused or lethargic. Plus there is so much power that even if the gearbox hasnt downshifted it will keep going thanks to the low end torque.
Unfortunately, I did.

I find the 2015 4x4 AT Fortuner much more smooth and responsive to throttle inputs.

*But*, this is a *much* safer car, with more features as you state.

4x4 AT Fortuner is AWD and probably is not as capable a off-road vehicle as this Everest/Endy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
^But karan, in the city the first and second gear takes for ever to upshift to third gear in the traffic. this doesn't happen with the DCT tramission, if u are familiar with those kind of transmissions. Recently i drove the endy and the CLA back to back and there is huge difference in the gear shift pattern with in the city. Definetely there is lag while shifting gears in city buddy. You should drive it in peak traffic and then see the difference.
Right, see my comment above.

Not sure if this is due to the *reportedly* intelligent gearbox, which supposedly learns the driver's inputs - and which is therefore stymied by the various test-drivers in the car...

Quote:
Good question there

If i had to chose between the 2 automatics (New Endy v/s All New Fortuner) i would definitely go for the Endeavour 3.2L 4x4.

Simple because of these reasons;

1) Bigger Engine, More Power, More Torque than the all new Fortuner

2) Terrain Management System is better than the all new Fortuners 4wd switchgear.

3) The Endeavour is better equipped with Features such as Pano Sunroof

Thanks !
Problem is, is that Ford definitely will not be able to deliver vehicles - even in the 4 month time-frame.

By then, the demand will be ridiculous, and pricing (non-commital by the dealers, even if putting down a deposit) will be fluid and probably extortionate.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 15th February 2016 at 02:20.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks