Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2017, 14:26   #31
BHPian

Re: Look ma, no clutch! My Maruti Dzire ZDi AMT

24700 kms completed and done with service. An oil change was done at 16900 kms.

- Oil (regular) and all the filters were changed this time
- The wiper rubbers have become hard, I have not changed it yet
- The SA pointed to a suspected Intercooler damage. This was mostly from a frontal impact. Last Sept, the car had met with an accident and the front bumper was replaced. There was no mention of Intercooler damage then. If there was, I could have got that changed under insurance. I have taken it up with Pratham. The SA mentioned that if the pick-up starts dropping, then I will have to bring it in to replace the Intercooler (approx. cost 6,500/-)
- On one occasion, I got a clutch shudder while moving the car from standstill. I checked this with the SA and he reminded me to press the brake pedal completely (not half) while setting the car in motion. As per him, half press causes bubbles to be formed between the clutch plates which can cause shuddering. I don't know how true this is. I have not faced the shudder issue again

The car has been running well. Recently we did a trip Blr-Dharwad-Goa-Blr trip (~1500km) with no issues. I need to get some storage space set-up behind the back seat though, especially to hold bottles.
jusgetgoing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 11:28   #32
BHPian

Done 23,000 kms of trouble free driving including a trip from Kolkata to Delhi and back, details of which are mentioned in the link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...dzire-amt.html

It might be the first Dzire AGS to do this trip.

Within city driving, with the a/c on full time, the MID displays 17.6 kmpl which I feel is pretty decent. On a recent trip, from Salt Lake till Dankuni Toll Plaza, with a very light foot on the accelerator, managed to get 29.3 kmpl as displayed on the MID (wonder how correct this could be).

Highway drives, not exceeding 100 kmph, 25 kmpl is easily achievable. I have got used to the AMT and the head nods do not seem to bother me at all. The creep function is a boon in stop and go traffic.

At around 18k kms, had a first puncture. The repair man did a shoddy job, which resulted in noticeable air loss in two days. Got the puncture repaired again which solved the problem.

The air filter seems to be a dust magnet, hence I clean it myself every 2500 kms.

Overall its doing its duty well and I am pretty happy as it ticks all the boxes that were considered during my purchasing criteria.

Yes, it does have the infamous Maruti rattle and tin feel. Recently have observed both the seat belts are making some sound from within the B pillar. I need to get this rectified during the upcoming service.
Old 4th March 2018, 11:39   #33
BHPian

31100 kms and the next service has been completed.

- Regular oil change and the usual stuff
- A lot of white deposits at the battery base. I asked them to get it cleaned
- I had to change the intercooler (Rs 3793 excluding tax/labor). There was a minor crack at the crimp and there was oil all around it. I guess it comes from the exhaust gases when it is mixed with air and passed through the intercooler?

Look ma, no clutch! My Maruti Dzire ZDi AMT-img_20180303_102905.jpg
Look ma, no clutch! My Maruti Dzire ZDi AMT-img_20180303_102800.jpg

I had a long talk with the SA and WM. In 2016 when then there was a frontal impact, they had examined the intercooler but did not see any damage. The pickup has improved a bit after the change.

- The front lip of the bumper bears the brunt of parking and 2 wheeler riders cutting across. That was painted too.
Look ma, no clutch! My Maruti Dzire ZDi AMT-img_20180303_103110.jpg

- I asked them not to put any stickers on the car but they did. I have to remove it

The car is performing nicely otherwise.
Old 30th November 2018, 14:02   #34
BHPian

39000 kms service has been completed.

- Oil change
- A/C Servicing at 40K kms is recommended, that was done
- The key fob low battery sign came on, batteries in both the key fob's were replaced

Car is running fine with no hassles.
Old 14th October 2019, 14:19   #35
BHPian

A 44000 kms service was completed some months back and the car clocked 50000 kms during the last weekend trip to Goa.

Look ma, no clutch! My Maruti Dzire ZDi AMT-car50k.jpg

Except for a slight shudder when I release the clutch after first start of the day, the car has been niggle free. If I pump the brake a couple of times after warming up, this shudder does not come up.

The next service is coming up. The tires are due for a change. May be the battery as well. The battery is seeing a large amount of white deposit on its terminals in the recent months.

During the last PUC (Pollution) test, one of the centres said they couldn't get the right rpm to do the PUC testing. I didn't quite get it why, went to another centre and got it done.
Old 24th August 2020, 14:20   #36
BHPian

55000 km service completed. The car has run roughly 150 kms in the last 5 months. Only the weekly runs to get the battery charged. No issues so far.

I was not comfortable with the service center picking up and dropping my car and did not want to use the public transport to get back home during these Covid times. I waited in the lounge and the work was completed in around 4 hours.

All oils changed, filters changed, inter-cooler cleaned and there is a new hygiene / sanitation charge.

I was quite disappointed the way the service center staff treated face masks (or the lack of it), the empty hand sanitizer bottles and no efforts to make it a zero contact process. I still had to physically sign and the SA offered me a pen which I politely refused and used mine. I have mailed them a detailed feedback.
Strangely this time, I did not get a follow up call after a couple of days on how the car is doing after the service.
Old 25th August 2020, 09:25   #37
BHPian

What's done on the intercooler cleaning job? And is it really required at 55k kms?

Sad to see the safety part being disregarded. The feedback link now comes as an SMS. I got a sms with a link for my Brezza's 20k service.
Old 24th January 2021, 15:04   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
What's done on the intercooler cleaning job? And is it really required at 55k kms?
Sad to see the safety part being disregarded. The feedback link now comes as an SMS. I got a sms with a link for my Brezza's 20k service.
I took a while to get back to this thread. The SA did not specify the details of the cleaning job. He said it is done at this time. The manual specifies EGR valve cleaning at 60K, no mention of inter cooler.

After reminders, the service center gave the customary reply that they have seriously noted my points and will take care of the safety aspect.
Old 24th January 2021, 15:20   #39
BHPian

Damping sheets and Horn change

The noise in the cabin at speeds above 80 km/h were seeping through. The music playing could not be heard clearly. I turned towards damping and after going through the The Damping Material and Sound Deadener Thread, zeroed in on Hamaan. Amazon was offering a 43% discount. The local accessories guy (5 min from home) said he has done it before and he can fix it.

Link is Hamaan Sound Deadening/Damping Sheet-Pack of 5 (500x750mm)

4 sheets were more than enough for the 4 doors. Dimension of each sheet is 53 x 78 x 2.50 cms. Overall the 5 sheets weigh 8.2 kgs

Look ma, no clutch! My Maruti Dzire ZDi AMT-1610168550155_55.jpg
The package (next to a tennis ball for reference).

Look ma, no clutch! My Maruti Dzire ZDi AMT-1610246679326_80.jpg
After unpacking.

Look ma, no clutch! My Maruti Dzire ZDi AMT-1610246679302_98.jpg
Sheet reference for size.

Look ma, no clutch! My Maruti Dzire ZDi AMT-1611479278443.jpg
The front speakers were removed and a square patch of the damping sheet was stuck in the hollow behind the speaker. This prevents sound coming from the back of the speaker from canceling out sound coming off the front. I noticed that this improves the bass performance.

Look ma, no clutch! My Maruti Dzire ZDi AMT-alldoors.jpg
All doors done.

The results are good. The noise in the cabin has considerably reduced and the music can be heard very clearly. If I had fixed speakers in the rear door, the effect would have been more.

I also took this opportunity to replace the stock Hella horn. It was never loud in the first place and over the years it was getting feeble if honked continuously.
Look ma, no clutch! My Maruti Dzire ZDi AMT-1610284998927_51.jpg
Fixed a Blaupunkt 12V Shell Horn S92 BL. It was a direct fit with no relays needed. He charged the MRP of 990/- Available at Amazon cheaper though. Sound is loud enough for people to move away.

Total labor cost for both - 1200/- Time taken was an hour. He says it should serve the purpose for 4-5 years.
jusgetgoing is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 16:03   #40
BHPian

63000 km service completed. There is front suspension noise.

This time I skipped MASS and decided to go with Wheels Wisdom. It was highly recommended by a close friend who swears by it for his 7 year old Linea T-Jet. The last experience at MASS especially with respect to safety and sanitation was bad while I waited there to get my car serviced. Even after reminders to the Works Manager highlighting this, I got a standard reply "Thank you for your observation and feedback. Surely we will check and correct it immediately". I did not want to go back. Plus with the thread in team-bhp about SA's recommending jobs to boost earnings, I felt it was time to look outside. My car is past its 5 years of age.

Coming back to Wheels Wisdom, the signup was an easy process and I got a call from their Technical Manager explaining their process.

On the appointed date, their Technical Advisor came to pick up my car. After the paperwork and photos of the car, he took the car to the garage with which they have a tie-up, and the work started. All the time, he stayed with the car and sent regular updates on WhatsApp along with photos and videos.
The following repairs were suggested with estimates :-
1. Replacement of Front Both Brake Pads (Breakdown or Safety Impacting Additional Job)
2. Replacement of Front Both Link Rods
I had a detailed talk with the TA and once I gave the mail approval and made the payment, the work was carried out. I had an option not to do the above and get the car back with the basic service done.

The TA returned the car on the same day. The regular mineral oil was replaced with the Bosch Semi Synthetic Oil (part of the basic service package) and the car feels much smoother now. Overall, I am very satisfied with their work.

Around this time I got a call from MASS reminding about the service due and I told them that I got it done at a FNG. They called me 3 more times with the same reminder
Old 26th April 2022, 16:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusgetgoing View Post
Damping sheets and Horn change

The music playing could not be heard clearly.
The front speakers... and the music can be heard very clearly.
Are you using stock speakers or have you upgraded in past ? Went through your thread but couldn't find any mention.
Old 27th April 2022, 16:49   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Are you using stock speakers or have you upgraded in past ?
I am using stock speakers.

71700 km service completed.

I went with Wheels Wisdom again and had a very good experience with them. There is noise from the front dashboard on uneven roads, especially on the concrete roads. It is not a deal breaker and the TA advised that the Dashboard will have to be opened up to figure this one out. He advised against it if its not too much of a bother. I decided to leave it as it is.

Apart from the oil and filters, the front wiper blade and the rear right brake light bulb were changed. The car was picked up and returned on the same day.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th April 2022 at 21:42. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 11th March 2023, 19:34   #43
BHPian

77850 km update.

There was a dent on right fender and scratches on the right side bumper, thanks to a truck scraping it when I was parked. Got the fender replaced and a portion of the bumper painted under the insurance claim. The front right brake caliper assembly which was making a lot of noise, was replaced. Both the work were done in MASS. Labor cost took up almost half of the bill.

During this time I also decided to upgrade the lights. I wanted to keep the headlight stock, so upgraded the bulbs to Philips H4 X-tremeVision Pro 150. Ordered from boodmo and they were delivered promptly. Personally I did not find much of a difference when compared to the stock headlight bulb and wouldn't recommend this upgrade.
Look ma, no clutch! My Maruti Dzire ZDi AMT-light.jpeg

For the fog lights, I decided to go with IPH CAR M617 BI-LED (TRI COLOR) Laser Fog Lamp Projector 3 Inch High/Low beam. Spoke to Mr Amit from Blaze India and he was very prompt. In 2 days the fog lights were delivered with a 1 year warranty.

Fitting nightmare - I had to drive down to Kerala so decided to get it fit at a local accessories shop the previous night. The guy was not aware of the high beam option and I put him on a call with Mr Amit who guided him to fit it. I also got the cabin lights changed to LED's. The guy fit the fog lights, said all was fine.

The lighting is brilliant. The headlight pales in comparison after driving around with the fog lights on.
Look ma, no clutch! My Maruti Dzire ZDi AMT-blaze.jpeg

I went on my trip, 3 days later came back and parked my car. After a couple of days when I went to start the car, the battery was dead. Coincidentally it was about time the battery had to be changed, assumed that was the reason and I got a brand new Amaron battery. The car started, everything was normal and 2 days later when I went to start the car, again the battery had drained. This time I knew that the accessories guy had screwed up. I went back to him and while the main guy was busy, his assistant removed the fog lamp, cut and taped all the exposed wires. The main guy (who had leave urgently) also told me that he will disable the high beam when he fits it back and that should solve it. That is when I decided never to go back there again. I called Mr Amit and he put me in touch with Mr Nawaz Pasha. He is a freelancer (has an Activa with his tools). I set up a time with him and in one of the broad lanes near my house, I parked my car and he went to work on fixing the fog lamp. The entire wiring was messed up and the earlier guy did not use the screws that came with the kit. Mr Nawaz did such a thorough job, he used couplers, nicely packed the wires and used a lot of tape. In the earlier case, when the new battery was being fit and the terminals touched with the battery wire, there was a tic sound coming from the fog lights. After Mr Nawaz fit everything, we disconnected and connected the battery again, there was no sound. A fantastic job and I would highly recommend him (90662 28431)
jusgetgoing is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed