Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2016, 13:06   #1
BHPian

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT

What a surprise! I myself never expected to write a "ownership" review of Honda City here.

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100969.jpg

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100983.jpg

Its the need that drives us what we have to drive !

Background

I am coming from Tata Safari [2010 VX] and you would find those details in My Safari. Most of my assessment/comparison is based on my prior experience with my Safari. I am yet to write a "closing" thread on my Safari thread which I plan to do in next few days. Probably, I will ask the new buyer to continue updating the same.

A couple of phases in my "this" ownership.
  1. Why/When the hunt ?
  2. An interim success with M&M E2O [Reva]
  3. Hunt again
  4. The 'U' Turn
  5. Selection and Delivery [Road to success]
Why/When the hunt ? [Alternatives]

It all started in 2014 Aug/Sep when I decided I want to acquire an AT machine as my permanent drive. The only reason to go for AT is the pathetic Bangalore traffic adding more and more strain to my ankles and stress to body/mind/heart.

List of vehicles that I considered then
  • VW Vento - TSI [no TDI AT available then]. I didnt like Skoda. So, never bothered to call for a test drive.
  • Ford Ecosport - 1.5 AT.
  • Hyundai Elantra - Petrol AT. Didnt care for Verna AT since it was a old 4 speed AT.
I kept myself away from brands like Honda, Toyota and Maruti/Suzuki for some reasons.

VW Vento was the winner for its obvious reasons though I was aware of its service and DSG issues.
My family thought otherwise - Simply rejected Vento after being in Safari for 4 years, especially my 9 yr and 4 yr old daughters.

Hunt 1 in vain. Continued with my Safari

An interim success

This was the time-frame [Sep 2014] M&M came up with a deep 1.3L discount for E2O [80KM range], as a promotional/limited time offer, that too only for Bangalore location. The offer included all the features of 120KM range onto the 80KM machine [but for the battery upgrade]. Immediately called up for the TD. Of course, I liked its simplicity to say the least.

For my first TD, though it came home, none other than me were interested in getting inside the car [trust me]. I just went for a quick drive and felt, this is it. But, obviously, I cant sell my Safari and get E2O as the only car. My half of miles will be on highway to my native or Madras twice a quarter. I had to go away for a week and I just put this decision on hold. I got a call from the SA while I was away saying the offer is for "limited time and stock". I responded "If the offer is available when I return, I will buy. If not, I will skip".

I came back to Bangalore, discussed with my family. They, then wanted to try once again.
Called again for a TD, my family started liking the cuteness of E2O and wondered about the space inside the small cabin. Still, it was neutral from my family. Yet, I went ahead and completed the booking formalities to get a Silver colour E2O.

Hunt Again [New Alternatives]

Come Nov/Dec 2015, I understood I am under utilising both the Safari and E2O for both of its value. E2O is definitely a great car if one has a well defined requirement and have 2 drivers [at least] at home. This is where I erred in defining my requirement. Decided to sell it off and I found a good buyer as well. Thanks to him and I have high regards for him. However, my requirement to AT didnt change. As a matter of fact, got further strengthened.

Slowly, my family too started realising that my need of AT is not just a show-off, but a real need [more of a medical need for my ankles].

Machines short listed
Hyundai Creta AT
Took a drive. Very rude behaviour of SA. It was as if he was doing a favour to me by bringing the TD vehicle. I was just not ready for that pricing for Creta and its waiting time. My 10 yr old daughter said the rear seat is not at all comfortable. I dont know why she said so. But, I too felt, it was cramped. Also, more feedback from my friends/colleagues citing Creta was a kind of beefed up Verna in terms of interior spacing.

XUV500 AT
Launched in Dec 2015, but wait till mid/end of Jan 2016 for TD. Waited and got a prompt call back from the SA [Sireesh Motors, Silk Board] saying the AT vehicle was available for TD. Fixed up an appointment and he messed up the first 2 iterations by bringing in the MT. I said "not needed" and returned back halfway. Finally, the SA got in the AT for the TD after understanding that I was a serious customer, but not asking for time pass ! Everyone in my family liked it. I liked everything but for "too much of buttons" and "electronics" surrounding me. My kids liked the Sun-roof the most though.

I fixed up another appointment with the SA to take the vehicle on the Electronic City express highway to check on the high-speed dynamics. It was promptly honoured without any fuss from the SA. Me, my entire family and my cousin were on-time for the TD to the showroom. Hopped on the XUV500 W10 AT. Took it to the EC elevated express way. I liked the effortless drive and space [again]. My kids, of course, liked the sun-roof yet again.

My wife and my cousin liked the acres of space in the middle row. While in drive, my daughters hopped onto the last row seats and enjoyed the exclusivity. We all felt, this is it ! We decided our next car. We all came back to the showroom and got hold of a senior sales person. He explained all those details.

I started off the discussion about my Safari exchange. Of course, they quoted a ridiculous pricing for my Safari. They evaluated further and stuck on to it. I came out of the shop showing little interest and asked them to call me back if they can do something better on pricing [either the XUV or my Safari]. A week later [around end of Feb], got a call back from Sireesh asking about my decision and I replied I was waiting for your revised pricing ! They took it back and worked something and netted it out to 15.73 Lakhs for W500 WT AT [FWD] and promised immediate delivery for colour of my choice.

All settled and asked the SA to come and collect my Safari RC/Insurance and get the booking formalities done.

This is where the "U Turn" was waiting for !
The U Turn on Friday

On my way to office, I was just talking to my wife about Honda Jazz AT that my colleague got recently and that may fit our requirement ! Immediate response - "Honda ?" would be way too expensive. So, lets not even consider that. I said, "you are right". Came to office and the first thing I checked - Carwale and Honda Jazz V AT pricing. It was less than 10 Lakhs all inclusive !

I just couldnt resist. Alerted my kids at home to be ready for a quick Jazz[y] visit to the near by Honda showroom [Whitefield Honda]. I had to use all my management talks to my daughters to be "open" while looking at the Jazz since its not as big as XUV/Safari [probably, just half the size]. Yet, it meets our requirement, etc ...

We entered the showroom and the SA greeted us warm. Went straight to the Jazz and the only statement I told the SA "You have another couple of hours time to either make me a Honda or M&M customer. Its upto you". He understood and spent about 2 hours with me explaining all the things and the TD at about 6:15PM in the busy Whitefield/Outer ring road junction near KR Puram hanging bridge. I never cared about the traffic because thats the main reason I am buying it and I had no doubt of its highway capabilities.

Came back from the TD satisfied and everyone in my family seems interested and convinced with the cute look and feel of Jazz. I then, put a "hold" to XUV500 and started the negotiation with Whitefield Honda for my Safari and the final pricing, etc ... The negotiation in pricing was only because of the Nov 2015 model that was readily available and I had no issues in picking up a 3+ months old Jazz from them. If its 2016 vehicle, then, there is a waiting period of 1+ month and absolutely no discounts. I didnt explore much about these anyway.

On the way back, my wife started with me about the Honda City that was parked next to the Jazz in the showroom. I said "NO, I am not driving City after driving Safari". She said "OK" and I was surprised ! My cousin [same guy who accompanied for the XUV] came the next day for another round of TD. This time, went on better speed on outer ring road. No issues, again.

This is when, my cousin started "Honda City" talk. By the time, my daughters went up and down on the sun-roof with City VX ! Thats it, entire family but for me were inside the City in no time. I had no other choice but to take the drivers' seat in the showroom. What a feel ! It was too comfortable and I started liking the seating position, feel of the stearing, the dash layout, the AT stick, etc ...

Got out and entered the rear seat and to my surprise, it was not bad at all. It was all comfortable, for full three adults and probably, 4 thinned as well. Sunday morning, we all went to TD the Honda City CVT. Good feel and I could just see the power difference b/w the Jazz And City.

I definitely, felt the lazy Jazz after driving the City [in D mode]. In S mode, its even better with a slight push in power. But, hey, dont compare with the Vento TSI. I am sure, there are a whole lot of other things that we get in City VX CVT as compared to the Vento TSI. So, I didnt even go back to Vento !

Everyone decided on the City and I fell in line

Booking & Delivery [Road to success]

Here again, there were a couple of Nov 2015 City available and while checking up the colours, the "Urban Titanium" was available which was everyone's choice [I didnt have one though] and with whatever I bargained for, I got most of it. I am happy at the end of it.

Delivery process was smooth as well. The SA and his lead [SA being a junior] took about 2 hours to complete the DEMO and paper works. Finally, I ended up on a Wednesday evening, peak traffic b/w ITPL and KR Puram [The famous Whitefield road]. The drive was effortless and I need to learn quite a few things as the transformation from Safari to City is going to take some time

Oh ! About my Safari, my cousin [same guy who came with me for all three TD's] bought it from me. So, my Safari is still within my family circle.

Pricing, Warranty and offers

Being the 2015 Nov manufactured, with whatever I could bargain, following are offers that I could extract

Honda City VX CVT, 1.5 Petrol

Cash discount - 30,000/-
Free Accessories - Essential kit, City step illumination, Sports pedal, Window Visor, Honda Connect
Free Bumper to Bumper insurance - had to pay for the "comprehensive" part though

Extended Warranty - taken for 4 years

Net On The Road price - 13.23 Lakhs

Me getting into the "Driver" side. Co-driver is my cousin [not the one who bought Safari, but have an Ertiga already]

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100889.jpg

Checklist that was followed religiously. Of course, my daughters got bored and involved in photography

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100895.jpg

Pooja time

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100900.jpg

Family time, just before driving away

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100908.jpg

Standing next to me is Mr. Sreejesh, my sales adviser

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100909.jpg

Driving away from Showroom, a good feel

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100911.jpg

A contrasting comparison - Beast to Baby transformation

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100914.jpg

Accessories from Whitefield Honda
  • Free Honda City floor mats - to say the least, worst/pathetic transparent plastic paper cr*p. Someone said its available in Amazon/eBay for 190/-
  • Free Honda City cover - I need to check how it is. Didnt even open the bag yet. I am sure, I would be surprised with it too.
  • Free Puncture kit - I heard its also a 250/- worth kit. I am yet to open it.
In addition to the above, I got Honda genuine free accessories worth 10K. I chose the following. Check on the snaps for how it looks.
  • Door/Window Visor
  • Step illumination
  • Sports pedal
Accessory guy pushed hard for the "parking sensor". Somehow, I am not convinced with it since they needed to drill the bumper for it. I thought, I would be more than satisfied just with the rear parking camera that comes with VX by default.

Add-ons from 3M [Hopefarm, Whitefield]
  • Under body Anti rust coating - 5 years warranty
  • Silencer Anti rust coat
  • Paint Protection Film for the 4 bumper corners, 2 Wing mirrors, 4 Door handles and 4 Door Edges - 5 years warranty
  • NoMad mat
  • Sun Film CR 70 for all the glass including front and rear windshields
I need to mention about this 3M store to begin with.
This is the 3rd 3M store that I am interacting with. The owner is Mr. Kumar [dont know his full name though].

Either Mr. Kumar is not pushing any products/services to the customer OR pushing in a way that we dont consider "pushing". Hope, am clear. He takes his time to explain each and everything to the max level of details. More importantly, he doesnt mind to explain over and over again if you still have question ! Coming back to the products/services, I got 10% discount on their list price and got the "Silencer coat" as complimentary. I really need to understand what this coating though. Not sure of this purpose either !

Overall, a very neat job done by this store as compared to my other 2 experiences [Indra nagar and Marathahalli]. Looking at the mats there, I got a wild thought. I took a few samples home and discussed with my wife to get them for domestic use as well. I know, this may be on expensive side, but, I see its value already !

Exterior styling

Simply put "No non-sense design" or "No offensive design".

Most I like
  • The side profile - its at the right proportion.
  • Measured curves - not so curvy [unlike Fluidic] nor a flat [unlike Vento]
  • Rear - Lights, proportion and just enough chrome to highlight the right places.
Least I like
  • The front Chrome - just pathetic to say the least
  • Road noise - Comes in pretty loud. Is it due to the Bridgestone tyres ? I had a good long run on Bridgestone tyres on my Safari. So, I hope, the same continue with this too. So, but for the road noise, no complaints so far. Need to monitor, how it is on the long run.
Interior Design
  • Space, space and space - To be honest, I never expected this much of space in City ! Mind you, am coming from Safari. In terms of space, I never compromise. I myself wonder how I accepted City for its space. Yes, the space utilisation is simply superb.
  • Seating comfort - I know the front seats would be comfortable and a place of joy. But, I was surprised with the rear seat comfort. Excellent space utilisation - both in-seat and the leg-room. The head-room could have been little better. But, no serious complaint.
  • Comfort/Ergonomics - Excellent. All of the controls, storage in a good reach and falls in the place where it has to be. No need to spend a lot of time in adapting to City.
  • ICE output
  1. I am picky on the speaker configuration and the first thing that I set in any ICE is the equalizer to suit my preference. Thats exactly what I did too the moment I switched on the radio in this City.
  2. For me, radio is only the 91.9 [Radio Indigo] that is English only since I neither know Kannada nor Hindi ! The sound, after increasing the BASS and TREBLE to the highest yielded good sound.
  3. To be specific, there is no jarring even if I increase the volume to higher DB's. I did the same with my USB music drive as well.
  4. No issues and it suits my liking. Probably, a known brand of equipment could have better. I have no idea of CASKA.
  • ICE interface
  1. Should have been much much better.
  2. First thing first, I just dont like the basic lighting of the ICE interface [Blue, Red, Grey]. None of the colours are to my liking.
  3. The touch ACC just below the ICE is just at a sharp contrast. ACC controls feel very rich and good to use. Whereas, the ICE display is so so poor.
  4. I am not talking about the "touch" interface for ICE. I actually, hate the "touch" interface [my mobile is Nokia 215], but the display layout, colour, fonts, etc ... should have been more professional.
  5. BTW, anyone know how to "PAUSE" a song while playing from USB ? I am yet to find this simple task.
  • Steering mount controls - Nice feature and City is my first car with these controls. I like it and serves the purpose quite comfortably.
  • Storage space/holes) I feel, City needs more storage [from Driver's point of view]. I dont know where to keep my goggles ! My 11 year old Indigo Marina used to have a goggle holder near the map lights on the top. Its not there in latest City !
  • Cup holders are too inside, I think. One of it is filled with the free perfume that Whitefield motors gave me during delivery. Of course, am going to throw it out since I am not a fan of artificial sprays and perfume anyway.
  • A pouch or sleeve for toll bills, petrol bills that used to be there in the sun visor of Marina and Safari. Thats missing again in City ! Why Honda ? Whats going to cost you to provide a small/torn sleeve to hold these bills ?
  • Door packets - To me, its just not enough to put any meaningful things. Its actually more difficult to take things out than putting in. The mouth to take things out so cramped.
  • Water bottle storage - I think, it should fit in a 1 litre water bottle just right. Will try to put a snap of it.
  • Plastics - feels cheap on the steering, especially the horn pad. I feel, the 2010 Safari Dicor itself was better.
  • Dash plastic - feels hollow and a tap on it, doesnt sound sturdy.
  • Front Visibility - typical sedan, no visibility beyond wiper blades. So, the driving is completely based on the judgement.
  • Rear visibility using IRVM - Due to the high boot design/shape, the view is pretty much restricted. Rear camera is a must to be safe while reversing.
  • Rear view camera - Safari Dicor's stock rear view camera was the best in most of the recent cars I have seen recently. This includes Verna, City, Vento, Creta, etc. I just hope, its just a matter of getting used to.
  • Air Conditioner - Excellent cooling, but getting noisy beyond blower #3.

In City Drive so far

Did about a full tank [35 Litres] of City drive on my new City. Went around 280+ KMs with it, the first tank full. I am definitely feeling the joy of AT [CVT in this case]. My Home-Office is the one of the most painful [Kundanahalli to Domlur through the ITPL road and Marathahalli areas] in Bangalore traffic. There is absolutely no traffic-free time in a day/night for these areas ! In all this traffic mess, am able to maneuver the City pretty well, just in D mode.

As expected, CVT doesnt have the sudden push and rush. But, I just stopped having that need any more. May be, the age is kicking in ! Honestly, I dont see a need or requirement of that sudden/powerful pull in the city that I drive, anyway.

Mileage so far - 8.7 KMPL

Highway Drive so far

This is what I was waiting for, since the day I got the City. Tirupathi was the destination. This time again [yes, we went to Tirupathi after taking Safari, in 2010 March]. Tirupathi is about 250 KMs from my home. Roadway - 120 KMs of NH4 [proper 2+2 highway with the median] and the other 120+ KMs is a simple Highway without median. My drive was about 25% of day-drive and the rest all night-drive. As a matter of fact, while returning [Tirupathi to Bangalore], we started from Tirupathi @ 9:30PM and reached Bangalore [home] by 2:30AM.

Mileage - 16 KMPL

Highway observation
  • Head Lights - just not enough. Is there any possible upgrade without voiding the warranty ? I had to toggle b/w high and low beam constantly to look for comfortable lighting. I couldnt. It was grossly less, to my expectation.
  • Comfort - not sure if its too short a distance to comment on. But, I felt OK and no complaints from anyone in the car too [2 more adults and 2 kids]. Everyone were fast asleep since we had a very hard time in the Dharshan in Tirupathi. It was very tiresome there in Tirupathi. So, I myself dont want to make any conclusive statement with the comfort level with this trip. Because I dont want to get dragged due to the time we spent in long walking and standing in Tirupathi.
  • Driving dynamics - Felt excellent. I am coming from Safari [Dicor] background. One jarring difference is around each and every corner of the Windy roads in the stretch of Bangalore-Tirupathi highway. I didnt have to go down on speeds much [compared to Safari] on every soft/smooth bends. This, accompanied by Auto transmission is a great boon to me. The complete drive was effortless. Of course, I didnt race my City hard since its too new to do that, I felt. I just touched around 110 KMPH once or twice before reducing it. The vehicle is very stable at this speed and am sure, it would be stable in higher speeds as well.
  • Noise level - Lots and lots of road noise. This is even after I did the Under body coating. At least, I was told that Under body coating would reduce the road noise. Is it so ? I didnt feel that way. I couldnt assess the difference with and without the "under body coating" since it was the second day after the delivery, I got the coating done.
  • Vibration level - Till about 110 KMPH, there is absolutely NO vibration felt in the "steering wheel" NOR "gear stick". It was amazing to drive and so effortless.
  • Cruise Control - Wow ! If any of you recall, I did criticize the need for "Cruise Control" feature on the vehicles in India. I did feel, it was too good while I used it for a short duration. Somehow, I didnt have the real comfort while I was using it as compared to how I used to feel while driving in US highways. I am not boosting my stay in US here. But, in our highways, I feel there needs to be a lot more disciplinary measures to be taken/followed to start using the "Cruise Control" feature in a more comfortable manner.

End with more snaps

Key-less entry [button in black]

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100929.jpg

"CITY" Step illumination

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100930.jpg

Colour Themes of the ICE

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-colour-themes.jpg

Foot well with sports pedal fit

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100931.jpg

Frontal overview !

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100939.jpg

A Clear rear space

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100943.jpg

Never expected this badge/vehicle would find my home !

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100949.jpg
A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100952.jpg

Clear ODO view - I like the lettering, colour and everything about this

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100953.jpg

Wing mirrors fold the other side - good !

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100966.jpg

Ticket storage - small, yet a good one.

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100986.jpg

Finally, the SUN ROOF - my daughters' choice

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1100975.jpg

Consolidated - What I like
  • CVT - Ease of driving, both highway and city-wide
  • AC - Chiller, in one word, both front and rear
  • Ergonomics - Steering/CVT stick/Ticket storage box/ICE
  • Space - Acres of space, both front and rear
  • High speed dynamics - Comfortable speed and lane changing
Consolidated - What I like to improve
  • Door packets - cramped and very difficult to access
  • AC fan speed - loud on 3+ blower setting, no different than my Safari
  • Honda's essential kit - Very insulting - mats and the kit they provide !
  • Service - Not encouraging so far from other owners, yet to have my own experience
  • Horn pad - Not at all accessible. Honda intends to discourage ?
  • Steering touch - Not good. Though wrapped, doesnt feel good.
Thats all for now, looking for feedback !

Prem.

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2016 at 10:34. Reason: Taking live
kaviprem is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 10:36   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 15th March 2016, 13:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post

What a surprise! I myself never expected to write a "ownership" review of Honda City here.

Never expected this badge/vehicle would find my home !
Congrats kaviprem on your latest acquisition and arguably, one of the best AT in its class

While scouting for a new car myself about 2 years back, Honda City was never in my radar because I primarily wanted a diesel engine and the I-Dtec was not very impressive for the price it demanded. But hands down, there was no other car that offered the plushness and space the City did, which it still continues to this day.

Wishing you a happy motoring and drive safe.
Old 17th March 2016, 10:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

While scouting for a new car myself about 2 years back, Honda City was never in my radar .... there was no other car that offered the plushness and space the City did, which it still continues to this day.
Ditto here, about 2 years back, when the time came to buy a sedan, I went running to the Vento showroom to book one (because that was the car I wanted to go for since its launch). One test drive and my perception changed drastically, the ergonomics and space just fell short of my expectations and the arm rest kept hitting against my elbow. Also folks at the back were not happy due to the huge central transmission tunnel and the rear seat lacked plushness and very upright seating angle. (no offence to anyone just personal observations, the Vento is a good car).

Then on the way back, decided to just try the new Honda City and took it for a spin and was sold and made the booking the next day. Two years on and I couldn't be happier with its comfort, drivability, fresh feel on very long journeys (took it on a 4570 KM long trip recently! http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ujarat-me.html) and go anywhere suspension and practical ground clearance for Indian conditions.

Doing a test drive is the most critical factor, every thing becomes crystal clear from the buyer's perspective and personal preference only after getting behind the wheel and getting that real feel.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 17th March 2016 at 11:12.
Old 17th March 2016, 13:06   #5
BHPian

Congratulations on your new beauty!

My friend and I picked up our Citys' (both VX-MTs'), last month on the same day (coincidentally). I got mine in Alabaster Silver and he picked the same colour as yours. Loving the car so far.

Did you opt for Honda Connect? I was curious to hear from other users' about their experience with it.
Old 17th March 2016, 15:54   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Doing a test drive is the most critical factor, every thing becomes crystal clear from the buyer's perspective and personal preference only after getting behind the wheel and getting that real feel.
Absolutely right. Till the point I test drove the City, I was of the opinion, it would be cramped. But, the ergonomics are so right and seating is very relaxed and comfortable in driver seat.
I had a huge doubt with the rear seat earlier, but not anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Congratulations on your new beauty!
Did you opt for Honda Connect? I was curious to hear from other users' about their experience with it.
Thank you fordfreak !
yes, I got the Honda Connect as part of my deal. Its a good to have device. We can do a few things easily with it. Like Booking the service, fuel log, etc .

I am yet to explore more though.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 20:54   #7
BHPian

Congratulations Kaviprem on your new purchase! Wishing you many happy years with your baby!

Two questions for you, as you are in Bangalore.

1. How is the ground clearance of the car. Do you scrape it's belly on speed humps?

2. Why didn't you wait for the face-lift that is about to be launched later this year?
Old 17th March 2016, 21:35   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Congratulations Kaviprem on your new purchase! Wishing you many happy years with your baby!

Two questions for you, as you are in Bangalore.

1. How is the ground clearance of the car. Do you scrape it's belly on speed humps?

2. Why didn't you wait for the face-lift that is about to be launched later this year?
Thank you !

1. Ground clearance - much better than the earlier generation of the City. Yet, low. So, we need to be slow on raised bumps and poor roads.
Coming from the Safari, its very hard for me slow down on the bumps and patchy roads, but learning to do so.

2. I didnt know that there is face lift coming. But, I remember the face lift might not hit the show room before 2017.
In either case, I wouldnt have waited since my need for a AT was growing stronger day by day.

Appreciate your questions !
Prem.
Old 17th March 2016, 21:52   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

That is quite a roller coaster ride. From the Safari to the Vento to E20 to XUV to Jazz and finally the City

Glad that you closed on the car that best fit both you and your family's expectations and requirements. Interested to hear more on Honda Connect once you explore it more

Congratulations and wish you all the best.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 17th March 2016 at 21:53.
Old 23rd March 2016, 17:00   #10
BHPian

Re: A Transformation: Beast to Baby! - 1000 KM update

First service completed - 1 month / 1000 KM.

Looking for a proof ? Spot the stain on this pic.

A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT-p1110001.jpg

Who said its only Tata who splashes the grease/oil/polish ? At least, I have seen the grease only in the door hinges, not up against the Dash as in this case with Honda

Service Center - Whitefield Honda, B Narayanapura
Day of Service - Monday morning
Time entered - 8:45AM
Time attended by a Service Advisor - 8:55AM
Time of exit after handing over the car - 9:10AM
Delivery promised - 4:00PM

Problems reported

1. Whenever I had to release brakes very slowly, either on the ramp out of my home parking OR in some dead-slow moving traffic, there is a jamming [kat kat kat] sound comes out. Not sure, if I explain here clearly.
SA promptly noted it down.

2. The Door visor started peeling out in one of the side. SA said it would be fixed properly. Not to worry.

SA wanted me to do the Teflon coating. I said "NO, not needed".

I called and checked by 3:30PM if I can come by 4:00PM and I was told by come by 4:30PM since they are still working on my car.

Should I say "There is no courtesy with the Honda Service team to call me and update" ?

I reached the service center by 4:30PM and Front desk asked me wait in the customer lounge.

Talking of customer lounge experience, it was no different than how it was in Concorde [Begur gate] except that they had a couple of snack counter for sale ! Trying to make some quick bucks ?

Around 4:45PM, I lost patience and checked with SA. He said, the visor is getting fixed right.
Correct, what else I reported in the morning for the 1st service ?

Another 5 mins, ie) 5:00PM, my car came out.

Final bill - ZERO.

1st Service Experience - NEUTRAL.

BTW, the brake noise problem still prevails. I believe, its not a problem unless someone knows about it.

Prem.
Old 23rd March 2016, 23:22   #11
BHPian

Dude.....the road is always full of surprises. I saw your signature line this morning & wanted to query, this post was co-incidental.

I pray that I do not get distracted & TATA does deliver this time.

Have fun & safe driving !!
Old 24th March 2016, 09:49   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Dude.....the road is always full of surprises. I saw your signature line this morning & wanted to query, this post was co-incidental.

I pray that I do not get distracted & TATA does deliver this time.

Have fun & safe driving !!
What do you intend here ?
Are you waiting for a Tata vehicle that would suit your requirement ?

Thanks for your wishes and Good luck [if you are waiting]

Prem.
Old 24th March 2016, 21:48   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Are you waiting for a Tata vehicle that would suit your requirement ?
From a 2008 2.2 VTT dicor, the new storme 400NM isn't an ideal upgrade for me. I am looking at a 5+ seater. IMHO even the 2nd row seats should be called a 2 seater. This is precisely the reason that, captain seats in the 2nd row is a hit.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the Hexa. I am quite positive.
Old 1st April 2016, 08:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hi Prem - How did i miss this thread?

Many congratulations on your new Baby Ride. Your thread now motivates me to start my own shift from a Safari GX to the Innova Z now.

Loved reading this.
Old 1st April 2016, 12:39   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Hi Prem - How did i miss this thread?

Many congratulations on your new Baby Ride. Your thread now motivates me to start my own shift from a Safari GX to the Innova Z now.

Loved reading this.
Thank you.
I skipped Innova, only because the current avatar doesnt have AT option. I definitely cant wait till the next gen Innova comes in, but am also very sure its going to be priced at north of 25L for the high end AT version.

Good luck !
Prem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks