Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2016, 09:54   #31
BHPian

Re: Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Some pictures of these please! Have not seen the gun metal black tips till now, I had the silver ones fitted but it doesn't make any huge difference in the rear look of the car.
The grey ones also don't make much of a difference, but looks much better than the stock ones which just look like pipes cut with a hacksaw blade.
Footwell photos after the weekend, have to get the insides cleaned.

Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-img_0835.jpg

Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-img_0833.jpg
bharat4ever is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 18:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
The grey ones also don't make much of a difference, but looks much better than the stock ones which just look like pipes cut with a hacksaw blade.
Footwell photos after the weekend, have to get the insides cleaned.

It doesn't make a major difference for you maybe because the colour of your car is brown, But surely looks better than the stock, I like the number plate too.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 16:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
A small update on things done on the Artemis in the past two weeks.

1. Gun metal black exhaust tips.
2. ABC aluminum pedals.
Where did you pick these from ? Had the same upgrade plans, but couldn't find anything good.
And whats motivation for a German-Eagle on number plate ?

Last edited by sunsbhp : 30th May 2016 at 16:37.
Old 30th May 2016, 19:47   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsbhp View Post
Where did you pick these from ? Had the same upgrade plans, but couldn't find anything good.
Check aliexpress for Jetta mk6, You might find several interested things for the car, Including the exhaust tips which are available in several colours.
Old 31st May 2016, 09:40   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Pedals from here: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/RHD-O...274869174.html

Exhaust tips: Couldn't find the exact link, but this seems close enough.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2012-...5-af8d72a12713

And I also bought scuff plates from aliexpress which I had posted earlier.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Stain...460590064.html

(Mind you, they look black, but are actually completely stainless steel)

And the German flag, I wanted something with the European font (with the notches in the 0s and the 9s), but didn't want something as plain as the Euro 'D'. As long as the font is legible, I hope it's not deemed road illegal.
The entire board looks like this.
Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-zx2eg4e.jpg

Last edited by bharat4ever : 31st May 2016 at 09:51.
bharat4ever is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 11:36   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Pedals from here: [url]http://www.aliexpress.com/item/RHD-OEM-VW-MT-metal-pedals-Clutch-Pedal-brake-pedal-accelerator-pedal-for-vw-GOLF/32274869174.html[/url
Thanks Bharat, I could find one for AT now (been searching) :
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/RHD-V...275796329.html

What was the delivery timeline ? It says 15-60 days, but did it really take that long ? Never tried AliExpress, so just curious.

Meantime, did you look at some of the sporty Grills ? Quite expensive so bit hesitant.

Last edited by sunsbhp : 31st May 2016 at 11:38.
Old 31st May 2016, 11:44   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Bharat, I could find one for AT now (been searching) :
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/RHD-V...275796329.html

What was the delivery timeline ? It says 15-60 days, but did it really take that long ? Never tried AliExpress, so just curious.

Meantime, did you look at some of the sporty Grills ? Quite expensive so bit hesitant.
I've made 6-7 orders from aliexpress. All of them reached me around the 3 week range. And they have tracking all the way.

I kinda like the stock grill. Never even thought about changing it.
Old 31st May 2016, 18:49   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Instead of changing to a sporty or an R line grill, I simply got a R line badge and installed it on my current grill, And i actually like it! The badge is made out of metal and is of really very good quality.

Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-screen-shot-20160531-6.48.37-pm.png
Old 1st June 2016, 10:16   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Instead of changing to a sporty or an R line grill, I simply got a R line badge and installed it on my current grill, And i actually like it! The badge is made out of metal and is of really very good quality.
That's kind of cool, but either people don't know what R means, or they know R-Trim is not available in India (or is it?).

I kind of prefer an all-black grill, maybe with a Red touch for sportiness, like the Red-outlined "VW" center badge. Too much risk to get one from AliExpress at high price, so I put that to back-burner now.
Old 1st June 2016, 11:41   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's kind of cool, but either people don't know what R means, or they know R-Trim is not available in India (or is it?)
We should be happy that some people in India know what car we have bought! Forget about the versions, Haha.

Quote:
I kind of prefer an all-black grill, maybe with a Red touch for sportiness, like the Red-outlined "VW" center badge. Too much risk to get one from AliExpress at high price, so I put that to back-burner now.

Yeah that might look good, Just to avoid the unnecessary cost in getting the grill i opted for a badge.
Old 1st June 2016, 11:56   #41
Senior - BHPian

I was so close to buying a grill but the week after i was about to purchase i basically rear ended a swift cleaning his rear bumper while breaking my headlight bracket. Realized how costly that swap would have been in less than a week. Post that stuck to the original grill till date. I took it as a sign from above to stop meddling

I wanted the black grill as well. Now the head light bracket is still kaput, bumper still slightly shaken and been driving for close to 3 years (hehehe). I am long over looks when i had to keep the car with relatives to only see dinged doors, scratched bumpers but stock kept interiors. I no longer spend anything to keep the exterior stock for i am way over that hill and now look at only functional upgrades. In fact my next aim is good alloys and a pete tuning box with suspension upgrades.
Old 1st June 2016, 13:09   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I was so close to buying a grill but the week after i was about to purchase i basically rear ended a swift cleaning his rear bumper while breaking my headlight bracket. Realized how costly that swap would have been in less than a week. Post that stuck to the original grill till date. I took it as a sign from above to stop meddling

I wanted the black grill as well. Now the head light bracket is still kaput, bumper still slightly shaken and been driving for close to 3 years (hehehe). I am long over looks when i had to keep the car with relatives to only see dinged doors, scratched bumpers but stock kept interiors. I no longer spend anything to keep the exterior stock for i am way over that hill and now look at only functional upgrades. In fact my next aim is good alloys and a pete tuning box with suspension upgrades.
If yours has Atlanta Alloys, I'd gladly take them off your hands at a good price.
Did you ever try blackening the chrome bits of the grill? to see how it looked ?
Old 2nd June 2016, 08:21   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Did you ever try blackening the chrome bits of the grill? to see how it looked ?
I was told that you need to remove the chrome off the grill (chemically processed), and then re-paint. Not sure who could do a nice job, otherwise it will look awfully ugly.
Old 2nd June 2016, 08:54   #44
BHPian

Not necessary. You can do a plasti dip , or use 3M Matte black tape which they use to blacken the B pillars.
Old 13th June 2016, 13:14   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Not necessary. You can do a plasti dip , or use 3M Matte black tape which they use to blacken the B pillars.
I seriously want that HU on my Vento. I have RCD-320 right now, and as per @Gannu_1's threads it will be simple swap just like RCD-510. I just need quadlock connector.

Can you tell us what's the major difference between yours HU and RCD-330G? I guess if it comes with Apple CarPlay, then it's worth every penny. Can you provide more pictures of your HU please. And if possible, pictures of backside and upperside of HU will be very helpful (to check manufacturer and connectors).

I wonder why VW India is still showing RCD-510 as Jetta's HU on their website.

Last edited by maddyguage : 13th June 2016 at 13:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks