Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2016, 14:24   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead16 View Post
This is one of those models whose design will look relevant even 10-20 years down the line. Glad you didnt go for the new wave of shoe-shaped cars like the Ecosport and Duster.
Yes. It's really pathetic!

Only saving grace is that there is ac vents underneath the front seats. So we can manage by adjusting the air flow direction through that which helps in better rear cooling.
Old 5th August 2016, 20:12   #62
BHPian

Yes, the rear ac is quite week but does the job adequately. The cup holder near the handbrake lever chills whatever is placed inside. Not sure if this was an intended feature or just as a result of the ac ducts running close by.
Old 6th August 2016, 08:14   #63
BHPian

Re: Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead16 View Post
This is one of those models whose design will look relevant even 10-20 years down the line. Glad you didnt go for the new wave of shoe-shaped cars like the Ecosport and Duster.
Thank you. Not a big fan of SUVs in general, and definitely not a fan of small SUVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Belated congratulations. Your fantastic detailed and honest review enabled me to finish my visit to the showroom much easier. I knew Jetta was the car that could replace Cedia.
Few questions: It comes with heat rejecting green glass on windows and rear windscreen. Did you go for sun control films?
Second Q: 5th and 4th gear have same gear ratio. How do you use those? Do you go 4-5-6 or you jump 4-6? 6th is the negative ratio gear and cruising gear. So 4 and 5 are a bit confusing. Can you give your experience?
I didn't go for sun control films. The heat insulating glass is adequate for Bangalore weather. But it does get pretty cooked if you let the car stand in bright sunlight for a while. Which I don't think even sun control films will help.
Second Q: Are you sure that they are the same ratio? I have not really noticed it. I normally shift 4-5-6 unless I am already in a higher rpm, when overtaking for example. but 5 does have a good pull even for overtaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabirsalam View Post
Yes. It's really pathetic!

Only saving grace is that there is ac vents underneath the front seats. So we can manage by adjusting the air flow direction through that which helps in better rear cooling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
Yes, the rear ac is quite week but does the job adequately. The cup holder near the handbrake lever chills whatever is placed inside. Not sure if this was an intended feature or just as a result of the ac ducts running close by.
Not sure if it's an intended feature. But Won't VW have the sense to insulate the ducts going to the rear vents? In any case I will be checking them up in a month during my 7.5k km check up.

Last edited by bharat4ever : 6th August 2016 at 08:20.
Old 6th August 2016, 13:28   #64
Senior - BHPian

Thanks and will see how cool it is and decide on sun control. With regard to gear ratios different websites give different ratios and I have decided to wait and see the manual and then discuss.
How did you manage change of gear position for R gear?
Old 10th August 2016, 08:59   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks and will see how cool it is and decide on sun control. With regard to gear ratios different websites give different ratios and I have decided to wait and see the manual and then discuss.
How did you manage change of gear position for R gear?

For R you press down on the lever and shift extreme left and up.

Also I was the victim of deliberate vandalism.
My car is parked outside on the road during the night, and I wake up to see this.
What is this because of? A stone? A key being pressed into the metal? Either way the lunatic who did this, may he rot in hell.
Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-imageuploadedbyteambhp1470799735.856212.jpg
Old 10th August 2016, 10:41   #66
Senior - BHPian

Pressing key cannot make such dent. May be a quick punch with a key or something similar. Or may be a flying stone hit. Is there vehicles at good speed on the road?
Old 10th August 2016, 10:46   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
For R you press down on the lever and shift extreme My car is parked outside on the road during the night, and I wake up to see this.
What is this because of? A stone? A key being pressed into the metal? Either way the lunatic who did this, may he rot in hell.
Attachment 1540203
From the look of it, seems more like a stone. It is really difficult to make such a dent with key unless he used a hammer over it. Try one of those suction devices or else the whole fender needs to be painted again. Hope you rectify it soon.
Old 10th August 2016, 11:26   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Pressing key cannot make such dent. May be a quick punch with a key or something similar. Or may be a flying stone hit. Is there vehicles at good speed on the road?
No it's a single lane residential road where the cars are parked on one side.
Looks to be a stone only. There were some kids playing yesterday late evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitninja View Post
From the look of it, seems more like a stone. It is really difficult to make such a dent with key unless he used a hammer over it. Try one of those suction devices or else the whole fender needs to be painted again. Hope you rectify it soon.
I have to go for the 7.5k checkup in a month's time. I'll get it fixed then.
Old 10th August 2016, 13:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
I have the same type of dent but its in the roof right in the middle, I really could not understand how it happened, But probably a stone fallen from above? I decided to overlook it (The first time i ever decided such a thing) Since it cannot be seen while even standing next to the car, I spotted it from a building, Went down, Crawled up the car and saw it, Decided it to keep it that way.

It should be an easy fix though.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 11:15   #70
BHPian

@ bharat4ever, how is the leg pain you experienced early on, you still getting it? I bought Jetta manual yesterday, running in to same left leg under thigh pain. Gear shifts and clutch actions are not as smooth as i would have liked. Just wondering if its getter after run in.
Old 29th August 2016, 10:02   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmreddy78 View Post
@ bharat4ever, how is the leg pain you experienced early on, you still getting it? I bought Jetta manual yesterday, running in to same left leg under thigh pain. Gear shifts and clutch actions are not as smooth as i would have liked. Just wondering if its getter after run in.
I remembered only after you mentioned it. It's completely gone now. The clutch is smooth, but the gear shift, not so much coming from an i20. But it's better after some running in.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 18:25   #72
Senior - BHPian

I have a small question. When I press the horn pad each time a distinct metal switch clicking sound comes and it is irritating. Did you have this issue?
Old 3rd September 2016, 18:38   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have a small question. When I press the horn pad each time a distinct metal switch clicking sound comes and it is irritating. Did you have this issue?
Must be the horn relay clicking?
Old 3rd September 2016, 19:28   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Must be the horn relay clicking?
The sound comes from right below the pad. I had Camry with similar pad but, it was like feather touch and no such click-click.
Old 4th September 2016, 11:19   #75
Senior - BHPian

On observing carefully, it is coming from the relay. The more I concentrate on it the more it is irritating. May be one way to discourage frequent honking! My 'to-get-used-to' list is getting long.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks