Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2019, 11:57   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driven: Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Got a message of 'Check Brake Pad Wear' on the MID of our 2017 Mercedes GLC 220d 4matic. I am surprised to see this message at just 22.5k kms of driving the car.

Driven: Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class-mercedes-glc-brake-pad-wear-message.jpeg

Driven: Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class-mercedes-glc-kilometers.jpeg

Spoke to my trusted mechanic and he told me that this is normal for SUVs as they are heavier and tend to wear out the brake pads faster in Mumbai traffic conditions. On checking the brake pads we surprisingly found the rear pads to worn out rather than the front. The front ones are expected to last for another 10k - 12k kms or so.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 14:47   #77
BANNED

Mercedes-Benz GLC facelift spied testing in India

Quote:
It was earlier this year at the Geneva motor show that Mercedes-Benz gave the GLC a facelift in international markets. Now, first images of a test mule of the car have emerged showing it being tested on Indian roads.

As is evident from the pictures, the cosmetic changes are in line with the international GLC with revised headlamps with new DRLs that now frame the headlamp unit, a tweaked grille, revised bumpers and new multi-spoke alloy wheels.

On the international model, updates to the cabin bring with it a choice of touchscreens, including a large, 10.25-inch unit with touchscreen functionality and the new MBUX system. Also part of the updates is an all-digital instrument cluster just like the one seen on other, more expensive Mercedes models, along with a few revised control surfaces. While the test mule’s interiors cannot be seen, one can expect most of these updates to the cabin to make their way to the India-spec model.

Interestingly, the model being tested is registered as the GLC 220d. The current model is offered with the same nomenclature powered by Mercedes’ 2.1-litre BS4-compliant diesel engine. However the facelift will drop this old 2.1-litre unit in favour of Mercedes’ BS6-compliant 2.0-litre diesel engine currently being offered in models such as the Mercedes C-class and E-class. A BS6-compliant petrol motor will also be on offer. Both units will be paired with the company’s 9-speed automatic gearbox.

Expect Mercedes to launch the GLC facelift in India sometime early next year.
Source: Autocar India
Attached Thumbnails
Driven: Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class-glcflfront.jpg  

Driven: Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class-glcflrear.jpg  

Last edited by wheelguy : 1st November 2019 at 14:48.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 14:59   #78
BHPian

GLC facelift spotted in India:

Driven: Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20191101114846_glcflfront.jpg

Driven: Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20191101114846_glcflrear.jpg

Source
Torque_Curve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 17:16   #79
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mercedes-Benz GLC facelift spied testing in India

The car is registered the MB Research and Development but listed as BS4
Old 10th January 2020, 10:00   #80
BHPian

I am exploring a used 2018 GLC Diesel but seriously worried about the spare tire sitting in the boot!

Does the 2018 GLC has the above design or it has a concealed compartment below the boot?

It sounds ridiculous that I would have to drive the car around Mumbai and outside without a spare as we always have stuff in the boot, eg sports gear, dry clean, gym bags, kids cycle etc. Plus we don't have a garage to haul the tire in n out.
Old 10th January 2020, 14:28   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
I am exploring a used 2018 GLC Diesel but seriously worried about the spare tire sitting in the boot!
You be more worried when you have to keep a full size tyre in boot in case of a puncture on a highway.

Have a look at X1 F48. Reason I say so is; you can keep full size tyre in the dedicated space in boot. It just moves the lid by 2 inches. Size boot mat is removable and movable.

In case you want similar to GLC, look at X3, at least the space saves sits in its dedicated space.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 14:35   #82
BHPian

I am evaluating a 2018 GLC 220 D and was surprised to see that the space saver tire is UNDER the boot mat?!

Is that possible as the specs here suggest it sits above the boot mat? Could it be a after market mod?

Also what sort of extended warranty is available on GLC?

Thank you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks