Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2016, 21:58   #31
BHPian

Re: Driven: Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Got a call from MB Sales at AutoHangar and was quoted a price of 68 on road for the GLC in Mumbai. Thats a crazy amount of money considering the ex fac price which is 50 something.

GLC 220 d not worth it for a price of 68, otherwise i think its a good looking package. Also feel that this car shouldve come with the 250d tuning instead of 220d with the price that theyve launched. Why is MB still selling the 220d package. They need to get rid of that tune for such a heavy car.
The On road price in Bangalore is a dizzying 72+L
That leaves it tantalisingly close to the much bigger, better, and more powerful GLE which too is newly launched the difference being just about 6L.

Why would MB price it so high and so close to GLE, defies logic. A couple of friends who held off buying C class, being offered at 51L last year, were expecting a sub 60L OTR price for the GLC at launch, only to be disappointed and are looking at the new X1 which seems more value for the price.
Old 1st July 2016, 02:15   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Got a call from MB Sales at AutoHangar and was quoted a price of 68 on road for the GLC in Mumbai. Thats a crazy amount of money considering the ex fac price which is 50 something.

GLC 220 d not worth it for a price of 68, otherwise i think its a good looking package. Also feel that this car shouldve come with the 250d tuning instead of 220d with the price that theyve launched. Why is MB still selling the 220d package. They need to get rid of that tune for such a heavy car.
The price is such because the road tax for CBUs in double in MH. And not to mention the Octroi in Mumbai which is on top of the road tax.

Once the CKD comes there will be a reduction in prices, I think you can expect it to be maybe a shade above 60l.

Also I agree the 250 should have been launched in this. And they should move the 220 to the GLA.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 15:39   #33
Team-BHP Support

Just got a call from the dealer.

All "Edition 1" stocks exhausted. CKD production will begin. Price in Bangalore will reduce from Rs 72L to Rs 64L
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 11:18   #34
Senior - BHPian

Locally assembled Mercedes-Benz GLC launch on September 29

Mercedes-Benz will be launching the locally assembled GLC SUV in India on September 29, 2016. The Mercedes GLC-Class was launched in India at Rs. 50.70 - 50.90 lakh (ex-showroom, Pune) in June 2016 as a CBU model. The company has now started assembling the SUV locally at its plant in Chakan, Pune. This step is expected to help Mercedes sell the GLC at a more affordable price as compared to the CBU model.

The GLC will be the ninth model to roll out from Mercedes India's assembly lines, after its stable siblings like the C-Class, E-Class, S-Class, GLE-Class, GLS-Class, GLA-Class, CLA-Class, and the Maybach S 500. Though no official details have been revealed, the locally assembled GLC might miss on some features that come as standard on the CBU model.

Built on Mercedes' MRA platform, the GLC SUV is offered with both petrol and diesel engine options. These include a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol unit that develops 241 BHP and 370 Nm, and a 2.1-litre, 4-cylinder diesel mill that generates 168 BHP and 400 Nm. Transmission duties are handled by a 9-speed automatic gearbox.

The Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class competes against the likes of the Audi Q5, BMW X3, Range Rover Evoque, and the Volvo XC60.

Driven: Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class-glc-300-opening.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 19th September 2016 at 11:28.
dZired is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 17:18   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Locally assembled Mercedes-Benz GLC launch on September 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
This step is expected to help Mercedes sell the GLC at a more affordable price as compared to the CBU model.

Though no official details have been revealed, the locally assembled GLC might miss on some features that come as standard on the CBU model.
MBIL's aggression and strategies are praise worthy in the Indian market over the past few years. However, two aspects that they always seem to get wrong is the CKD pricing in comparison to the CBU as well as the CKD feature list compared to the CBU. They have a standard launch approach of a "Launch Edition CBU" model for all it's cars, this sets a high price benchmark for them and gets press applauding the great features that are only standard on the launch edition. What happens in months to come is that the CKD price savings are barely passed on to the consumer and the CKD version gets stripped off several basic features which are illogical(The CLA got stripped of rear AC vents, S350d got stripped of memory seats)

They must learn their lesson this time, the GLC is a great product but has been priced badly due to the CBU taxes. I hope MBIL corrects this and passes on the CKD saving on to a much more competitive pricing to see this car's sales finally take off.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 19:43   #36
BHPian

http://overdrive.in/news/mercedes-be...rs-47-90-lakh/

Mercedes-Benz India has started local assembly of the GLC SUV from its Pune plant. This is the company’s ninth locally assembled product. Mercedes has also introduced a base GLC 220d Style at Rs 47.9 lakh while prices for the GLC 220d Sport are now Rs 51.50 lakh (earlier Rs 55.70 lakh) and Rs 51.90 lakh for the GLC 300 Sport (previously Rs 55.90lakh), ex-Delhi.
Old 11th October 2016, 20:49   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Just realised that there are no user reviews of the GLC (at least none that I found through a search)on the forum. Has anyone bought a GLC, esp the GLC 300? Would appreciate first hand feedback.

Am starting the process of looking for a replacement for my Superb - considering a fairly wide range of cars (Superb, Camry, 3/GT/C, 5/E/A6/S90, X3/GLC/ Disco Sport) as is my wont. Will probably post on the which car threads as well but any feedback will be appreciated.
Old 5th December 2016, 22:50   #38

Hello Friends, Could you please advise me on choosing between GLC/ X3 / Q5 or any better SUV (except Volvo) in a range of 55-65 Lakhs Range? Upgrading from 2010 model Fortuner.

Regards,
Rajiv
Old 5th December 2016, 23:51   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbajaj27 View Post
Hello Friends, Could you please advise me on choosing between GLC/ X3 / Q5 or any better SUV (except Volvo) in a range of 55-65 Lakhs Range? Upgrading from 2010 model Fortuner.

Regards,
Rajiv
Q5 is pulled out of the market owing to emission issues. Even Audi India's website does not include it in their price list.
That leaves you to choose between X3 and GLC. A test drive will definitely set the bias. The X3 in November December is being offered in much wider range of colours and variants Vs GLC. So, you can base your choice accordingly. The X3 30 is a beautiful machine worth considering. Remember that the X3 is available at 7.9% interest rate till December. Rides better than GLC (personal opinion). GLC is more fresh in the looks department.
Hope that helps.
Old 6th December 2016, 00:06   #40

Thanks bud. Appreciate your inputs. Don't like GLC looks else ok with the package.. Confused confused
Old 21st May 2017, 01:50   #41
BHPian

Not much talk about the GLC on the forum.
How would y'all compare GLC vs Evoque top model vs F-Pace?
I'm test driving soon, will comment then.
Sorry but I'm not even being able to find any official/ownership reviews of the latest model of Evoque
Old 21st May 2017, 08:11   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_rahul View Post
Sorry but I'm not even being able to find any official/ownership reviews of the latest model of Evoque
Probably cause GLC has been a slow seller in India. I could be wrong but i haven't really seen many people take a shine to it. I know a few who bought the first edition GLC 300 petrol and they seem relatively happy however I along with many prospective buyers were put off by the features being skimmed in the India specific version. The most absurd i found was removing the memory seat option.

As far as comparing these three cars go, f-Pace appeals simply because of the 3 litre engine. Also its a pretty good drive for an SUV. The evoque engine is far too underpowered for my liking. Since all three are relatively small SUV's, my guess is you are looking at buying such cause they are small and easier to drive. However spending 60+ lakhs on a 2 litre when you can get the same in 40 lakhs, isn't something i usually advise people. Although some people don't really want a 3 litre engine cause they think its too much power and thats fair of them or maybe even you if you do think that. Id advise looking at the new Q3, X1 or GLA. Or if you can extend your budget then look at X5, Q7 or GLE. All have 3 litre options and they'll simply plaster a smile on your face every time you put your foot down.

I wouldn't choose any from these three you've mentioned if you are only considering the 2 litre engines. F-Pace could be a liability in terms of reliability and A.S.S. GLC simply because no memory seat option, and the Evoque is far too expensive for such a commute engine. But I've heard the Evoque has some great offers on store atm. Might wanna check on that. If you could get it round 60 lakhs OTR for the top model, then perhaps id reconsider my stance. When i was looking at it, it was around 77 OTR. The updated model, as far as i know, only got the ingenium diesel pot. Not much else changed, ask the SR though.

In the end, it'd be your call and perhaps that of your family. TD them all extensively, I'm sure you'd end up liking one enough to buy it. Thought id still prefer spending more on a X5 or saving more and buying a Q3.

Happy hunting

Last edited by ajmat : 21st May 2017 at 10:16. Reason: FPace not F sport
mijnoirhammer67 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 10:26   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_rahul View Post
I was offered 7L on the evoque prestige when I was in the market a month ago
Eventually did not opt for it because the drivetrain seemed to be a downgrade from the car it was meant to replace (X1) despite a 2x price
Also, the cabin ergonomics were not worthy of a car at its price point
Also, I drove both the pre Ingenium and Ingenium but didn't really feel that it was an upgrade over the old one
abhi182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 22:09   #44
BHPian

The Mercedes-Benz GLC is larger than the Q3, X1 and GLA. Looked at the Audi Q3 few days ago. It is more of a comfortable 4 seater, I felt. The back seat gets cramped with 3 adults. Otherwise the new 2017 Q3 is a sweet vehicle, with great interiors, both front seats - power assisted, full sun roof etc. The GLC is comparable with the BMW X3 or Audi Q5 in the category.
Old 22nd May 2017, 03:00   #45
BHPian

Test drove the GLC petrol as well as Evoque diesel, both top models. I didn't know the F-Pace starts at 93 OTR, out of budget.

Apart from the auto park feature in GLC, there is absolutely nothing that works for it; and the auto park in itself is not enough to choose it.

The Evoque drove much better. GLC had no initial pickup. When I say 'no', I don't mean 'bad', I mean 'no initial pickup'. Whatever it has can't be called pickup really.

No memory seats!
Dummy headrest button with those electric seat buttons.
Pathetic!

Evoque has a 360 surround camera as well as HUD and a bigger screen too. Overall, it feels much more premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijnoirhammer67 View Post
Probably cause GLC has been a slow seller in India. I could be wrong but i haven't really seen many people take a shine to it. I know a few who bought the first edition GLC 300 petrol and they seem relatively happy however I along with many prospective buyers were put off by the features being skimmed in the India specific version. The most absurd i found was removing the memory seat option.

As far as comparing these three cars go, f-Pace appeals simply because of the 3 litre engine. Also its a pretty good drive for an SUV. The evoque engine is far too underpowered for my liking. Since all three are relatively small SUV's, my guess is you are looking at buying such cause they are small and easier to drive. However spending 60+ lakhs on a 2 litre when you can get the same in 40 lakhs, isn't something i usually advise people. Although some people don't really want a 3 litre engine cause they think its too much power and thats fair of them or maybe even you if you do think that. Id advise looking at the new Q3, X1 or GLA. Or if you can extend your budget then look at X5, Q7 or GLE. All have 3 litre options and they'll simply plaster a smile on your face every time you put your foot down.

I wouldn't choose any from these three you've mentioned if you are only considering the 2 litre engines. F-Pace could be a liability in terms of reliability and A.S.S. GLC simply because no memory seat option, and the Evoque is far too expensive for such a commute engine. But I've heard the Evoque has some great offers on store atm. Might wanna check on that. If you could get it round 60 lakhs OTR for the top model, then perhaps id reconsider my stance. When i was looking at it, it was around 77 OTR. The updated model, as far as i know, only got the ingenium diesel pot. Not much else changed, ask the SR though.

In the end, it'd be your call and perhaps that of your family. TD them all extensively, I'm sure you'd end up liking one enough to buy it. Thought id still prefer spending more on a X5 or saving more and buying a Q3.

Happy hunting
Completely agree with you. Honestly neither of the two cars gave 'the feeling'. We have actually taken delivery of an X5 M-Sport just last month so I know what you're saying about the 3 litre vs 2 litre. Maybe that's also the reason we didn't like either of the cars that much. Basically we are looking to sell a fortuner and a 3 series and then go in for another SUV. Why the X3 isn't being considered is because it'll feel too similar to the X5 minus the size. Max budget being 65-70 ish, I don't see any other car currently. So we've decided to wait for the new 5 series to take any decision. I know it's not an SUV but for us eventually it's all about 'that feeling'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
I was offered 7L on the evoque prestige when I was in the market a month ago
Eventually did not opt for it because the drivetrain seemed to be a downgrade from the car it was meant to replace (X1) despite a 2x price
Also, the cabin ergonomics were not worthy of a car at its price point
So true! It's crazy how good the bmws are for self driving. I mean I remember how the Evoque used to be a dream car just a few years back (when I had never stepped in let alone drove), and how this test drive disappointed!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks