Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2018, 22:20   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driven: Jaguar F-Pace

I just visited the Jaguar Showroom in Worli yesterday to pick up my friends F-Pace. The whole experience was less then premium. Firstly the delivery was delayed by several days as they wanted some undertaking from the customer and the bank that the car will be registered and the dealership is not responsible if it is not done. 5 of us visited the showroom including the owner of the car and another friend who had already purchased a LR Discovery from them. The LR owner was interested in picking up a used F-Type which they had on sale for 99L. Initially they refused a test drive stating that the employee who looks after "Approved Cars" (Used) was not in the office. Later they said the brake pads were worn out so TD was not possible. Same excuse was given for a XE 25T Petrol Demo car (un-registered) which another friend wanted. We just found the sales staff very lethargic and disinterested in entertaining genuine customers (that too a group of customers who had already purchased 2 cars from them). It was only when we were almost ready to leave that they realised that we were serious and then the stepped up efforts to close the deal on the XE.

In comparison the Mini Dealer was much more responsive. We were to visit the showroom before leaving for Goa but they realised we may not have time and the Cooper S was sent to wait outside the Jaguar showroom and give use the TD as soon as we finished the formalities there.

Last edited by ajmat : 26th April 2018 at 10:23. Reason: spacing
pedrolourenco is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 00:27   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I just visited the Jaguar Showroom in Worli yesterday to pick up my friends F-Pace.
Worli is Aisa's most expensive real estate and JLR has spent bucketloads of money in setting up their flagship showroom there, moreover it is bang below their corporate HQ for India. Such lacklustre treatment to legacy customers and prospects is simply unacceptable and is an indication of the old TML "sarkaari" attitude.

I feel the staff there are from some Concorde outlet.

JLR is already in doldrums across multiple markets due to different issues and the sooner they pull up their socks in whatever areas they can, the better it is for them. As a customer, I would strongly recommend you and your friends write to them so that corrective measures are taken without fail.

Last edited by ajmat : 26th April 2018 at 10:24. Reason: small grammer correction
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 10:06   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Worli is Aisa's most expensive real estate and JLR has spent bucketloads of money in setting up their flagship showroom there, moreover it is bang below their corporate HQ for India.
It's money down the drain if they can teach their staff to treat customers properly.

Quote:
Such lacklustre treatment to legacy customers and prospects is simply unacceptable and is an indication of the old TML "sarkaari" attitude.

I feel the staff there is from some Concorde outlet.
Not only Concorde. Even the Goa dealer is the same.

Quote:
JLR is already in doldrums across multiple markets due to different issues and the sooner they pull up their socks in whatever areas they can, the better it is for them.
The Discovery was sent for a minor accident repair (bumper damage). The ended up changing loads of stuff and making a bill of over 4L was what my friend told me. When the vehicle was returned the Navigation chip (costing around 30K) was missing. After he raised the issue they gave him a new one but it's not working properly. Now he has to wait till the next service camp in Goa to get it sorted or drive the car to Mumbai or Mangalore.

Quote:
As a customer, I would strongly recommend you and your friends write to them so that corrective measures are taken without fail.
When I was discussing the F-Pace paperwork issues with the sales advisor he was giving answers like "We have to do it, it's company policy" and "One customer from UP took a car and did not register it so we can't take any risk". I told him that he should take the matter up with the higher management rather than inconveniencing customers who are anyway abiding by all the rules.
pedrolourenco is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 15:17   #79
BHPian

Spotted this F-PACE in Prabhadevi the other day. Couldn't find any thread to post this so Moderators please insert it in the appropriate thread. The engine was making a horrible sound but the rear design is what I crave for. This is the 20D variant.
Anyways, here are the pictures.
Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-20190308_151657.jpg

Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-20190308_151634.jpg
Cheers,
AKV
Old 26th November 2019, 14:50   #80
BHPian

F pace SVR listed on jaguars indian site. Does this indicate india launch?
Attached Thumbnails
Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-screenshot_20191126120107_chrome.jpg  

Tarmac.terrorist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 16:11   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

New Addition

Managed to get my hands on the last petrol F-pace that JLR had in stock before they switch to BS6.

Buying decision and options:
I was evaluating a car for the wife for a while and looked at various options starting from the E-class which was logically the best for her as she is always chauffeured. However she was keen on a SUV and I was keen on not get another Merc since we already have the S,CLA,GLC and now also the GLS in the family which was bought along with the F-pace last month, will post pics on the GLS thread next week.

The Q5,X3, 6GT were also evaluated but the F-Pace just left me feeling a lot more special and felt a segment higher than the other SUVs in the segment. Was also considering the Q7 as it was on a good discount but it felt very dated and large for city usage.

Initially the Velar was the top choice, I test drove it and really liked it but when I test drove the F-pace I realised the tons of similarity. They are basically the same car. Same engine too, infact the Jag felt quicker and sportier than the Velar. Interior space was also the same. The only big difference was the exterior looks, which I yet prefer the Velars front but the F pace is not far behind, the dual screens on the dash of which the top one is the same in both cars and the bottom AC control one in the Velar looks great but not the best to use.
There were no discounts on the Velar while the F-pace had a good discount hence the price difference of nearly 20 lakhs for the minimal difference did not justify my heart or wallet.

Dealer choice and freebie Accessories:
Bought the car from AMP motors new delhi as their prices were a lot more competitive. Even after paying the 45k transport charges, it worked out much cheaper than any local or nearing states dealers offered me.
Also managed to squeeze some good accessories - Jag rubber mats, sunblinds for rear, mud flaps and coat hanger. All of these were worth another 70k or so.

And more Accessories:
It's been a handful to keep my black S-class shining over the past few years hence I decided to get full body PPF Xpel Ultimate for the Jag. Swirl marks on black cars drive me insane and they are unavoidable no matter how much care you take. The self healing PPF will hopefully take care of my problems.

I also got BBS rims, something I have always wanted to get since several years but just never got down to going for aftermarket rims on any of my cars yet. While the rims that come with the F-pace aren't bad at all, but I was keen to get 20inchers with a better design. Inspite of the upsize it has a chunky 50 profile. Ride quality has infact improved compared to the OE 255/55R19 setup with Pirelli P Zeros. The car is now riding on 255.50R20 Michelin PS4. The tyres have made all the difference.

Engine:
I am still breaking in the engine so have not pushed it hard. However initial impressions are that the engine is superb smooth and does have decent grunt. Feels a lot like the 30i BMW engine. Its waaayy more fun to drive than the diesel F-pace which for some reason is the most common on our roads.

Handling:
Very car like, while there is some body rolls it is very well controlled for a SUV. Fast corners are a joy.

Suspension:
While it is on the stiffer side thanks to the sharp handling, it is quite comfy on Mumbai roads in spite of my upsize.

Boot space:
The boot space is big enough to fit 2 large bags and one small one.

Interior space:
It is no E-class/6GT space at the rear but it is more than what I expected when I first test drove it. The leg room is pretty for anyone 6ft and below. Head room inspite of the lower rear roof is great even for taller people. The seats are genuine leather unlike the leatherette which most brands are now giving.

Tech:
The car is loaded with tech! I slotted in a Jio microsim and the maps give me live traffic and wifi hotspot. I can also track my car location via the Jag app.
The interior ambient lighting is great and has several color options.

Now i'll let the pictures do the talking
Attached Thumbnails
Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-whatsapp-image-20200114-3.17.48-pm.jpeg  

Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-whatsapp-image-20200114-3.137.48-pm.jpeg  

Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-whatsapp-image-202001514-3.17.48-pm.jpeg  

Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-whatsapp-image-202004114-3.17.48-pm.jpeg  

Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-whatsapp-image-202040114-3.17.48-pm.jpeg  

Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-whatsapp-imag4e-20200114-3.17.48-pm.jpeg  

Driven: Jaguar F-Pace-whatsapp-image-202050114-3.17.48-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Sahil : 14th January 2020 at 16:17.
Sahil is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 20:36   #82
Senior - BHPian

Hello Friends, need one urgent help. My sister is on a long trip from Delhi to Malegaon (Maharashtra) & she is facing coolant level dropping issue in her Jaguar F-Pace. Unfortunately there is no JLR service center in Malegaon or Dhule. When she called the customer care, they advised her to put Bisleri water and asked her to continue her journey to Delhi. I am a bit skeptical about this. Can the diluted coolant withstand such a long journey, where she will be mostly doing triple digit speeds. Am bit worried because she is alone in the car along with her driver. Should she source the JLR recommended coolant and get the existing one replaced. Can some one please share the coolant brand and the quantity used or any service center along the route where she can get it changed?

Any help in the above situation would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 1st February 2021, 20:38   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Any help in the above situation would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Bisleri water is fine for temporary. Water will just evaporate a bit faster but its better than low or no coolant.

When you get a JLR service station, you can flush and replace with coolant.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 10:35   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Bisleri water is fine for temporary. Water will just evaporate a bit faster but its better than low or no coolant.

When you get a JLR service station, you can flush and replace with coolant.
Thanks Vidyut for your reply. Since the distance she has to cover is 1000+, I would prefer draining the current diluted coolant and refill it with a fresh one. Do you know which brand of coolant JLR recommends for F Pace and how much is the quantity?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks