Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2019, 14:47   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Ford Endeavour 2.2L AT (Titanium)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
May be I hit the post a little too early. One of the horn seem to have gone kaput. It works sometime and doesn't most of the times. Have to get it replaced next time I visit the service center.
I think it's a known issue, there are some posts on the review thread. They will change under warranty.
Old 5th March 2019, 20:26   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
Hey there. Keep a check on your vehicles. I hope it is not a rat problem. Your Innova speaker went bust and now this. On a lighter vein- bad electronic days he. Hope it's just a bad patch an not some worrisome issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I think it's a known issue, there are some posts on the review thread. They will change under warranty.
The horn was replaced under warranty. There were no damages to wiring. With red Crysta it was a poor job, got them re-connected using clamps. That said my White Crysta wasn't lucky. The air filter box was damaged by rodents, thanks to my friend's garage which does fiber molding and repair cost few hundred bucks.
Old 7th March 2019, 07:50   #48
BHPian

Hey have you tried using any of those car rodent repellents. I still have it in my car but then now I have shifted to a new place so car stays in the open and less of rodent menace here. How good are these repellents actually
Old 8th March 2019, 13:31   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
Hey have you tried using any of those car rodent repellents. I still have it in my car but then now I have shifted to a new place so car stays in the open and less of rodent menace here. How good are these repellents actually
The repellents helped to certain extent, so did the catchers which I got from abroad. However the rats are smart, there was a flurry of death initially later which no deaths were reported. I now keep the car at open space in night and my dogs guard the car against these rodents.
Old 4th January 2020, 21:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

Completed 40k service on my endeavour. The car had actually done only about 38k, however was over a year since I got serviced last. There was some offer running and got brake pads replaced which costed 6k. Regular service costed 9.5k. Got interior cleaning and wax polish, which costed another 4k. Got front tires replaced-Geolanders, have ordered same for rear as well. Almost 4 years and this Ford has come out super reliable. Great engine, solid build quality, reliable, cheap to maintain and to top it fun to drive, could not have asked for more.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 10:50   #51
Senior - BHPian

With long break, Endeavour has munched a little over 50KM in 2 months. There was some sort of Rat menace and engine check light is glowing in Dash. Car is running fine though. Talked to service center and have asked me to get the car. I am guessing this is due to some of the work done by rats!
Old 2nd September 2021, 11:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

Posting after years. ODO is at 55K and is out of warranty now. Radiator hose pipe was torn and had to get same replaced. Actual cost including tax and installation was about 9.5K, but 20+years being a customer of Cauvery Ford, tax and labour was waived off and costed me 7K. Was a quick job and business as usual at Cauvery Ford.

Went on a drive to Bangalore. Looking at the state of roads, I am not going to stick to body on frames. There were lot of complaints on bad roads between Hassan-Sakleshpur, a drive in Endeavour and everyone in car were eagerly looking forward for bad stretch, we blasted past the so called bad patch without anyone realizing.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th December 2021 at 08:37. Reason: Typo.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 12:52   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Posting after years. ODO is at 55K and is out of warranty now. Radiator hose pipe was torn and had to get same replaced. Actual cost including tax and installation was about 9.5K, but 20+years being a customer of Cauvery Ford, tax and labour was waived off and costed me 7K. Was a quick job and business as usual at Cauvery Ford.
Radiator hose issues have been reported by many in Australia. Not sure if Radiator hose or intercooler hose is the same on the Everest / Endeavour.
I was checking boodmo and there are various hoses priced from 500 to 2000, so not sure. But I'm sure there will be some associated parts.

Here is a video of the hose for Mazda BT50 / Ford Everest.

In Australia and US, Ford owners are used performance hoses.

Link: https://btamotorsports.com.au/shop/f...ercooler-hose/

https://plazmaman.com/product/ford-e...ercooler-hose/

Many links have hot side and cold side hoses.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 13:38   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Radiator hose issues have been reported by many in Australia. Not sure if Radiator hose or intercooler hose is the same on the Everest / Endeavour.
Many links have hot side and cold side hoses.
Thank you, Yes it's the same pipe as mentioned in video. So should be intercooler hose. I am told 2.0L has a different pipe.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 16:04   #55
Senior - BHPian

Let go off this beauty earlier this week. Had a memorable 6 years of trouble free ownership. To make it sweeter got decent price despite Ford shutting shop. Endeavour might have lasted for another couple of years, but with Ford shutting shop, 6 year old, getting a decent resale price- had to sell it. Wish Ford continued its operations in India.

My Ford Endeavour 2.2L AT (Titanium)-img_20211127_160946.jpg
PrideRed is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 04:57   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Let go off this beauty earlier this week. Had a memorable 6 years of trouble free ownership. To make it sweeter got decent price despite Ford shutting shop. Endeavour might have lasted for another couple of years, but with Ford shutting shop, 6 year old, getting a decent resale price- had to sell it. Wish Ford continued its operations in India.

Attachment 2241072
I followed your thread keenly since inception and then got myself an Endeavour 2.2. I am certain that it would be an emotional moment to part with such gem of a vehicle. I can never do that so I am gonna use it till it starts to fall apart . Anyway, just curious about with what you're gonna replace the mighty Endeavour?

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, MS, T-Fort, ANHV, JC, Endy) when referring to cars or their makers. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Thanks for the support & understanding.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th December 2021 at 08:37. Reason: Mod note attached.
Mach_1590 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 09:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let go off this beauty earlier this week. Had a memorable 6 years of trouble free ownership. To make it sweeter got decent price despite Ford shutting shop. Endeavour might have lasted for another couple of years, but with Ford shutting shop, 6 year old, getting a decent resale price- had to sell it. Wish Ford continued its operations
That's sad. However I would say that it was a good financial decision, but surely not a decision from the heart. I am sure you would keep it for long long time had Ford been fully functional in India. However what matters is that you enjoyed the vehicle while it was with you and got a good deal after you parted ways.

All the best for your new purchase.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks