Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2016, 15:28   #1
BHPian

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!

There are cars that transport you from A to B, and then there are cars that make you special every time you step in and turn the wheel. A machine that kindles your senses, one which makes you proud of your decision every time you drive it. One such machine is the Volkswagen Polo GT TSI.

On 26 September 2015, my dream came true! I bought the car I was in love with, the car I was a fan of, the car that I once thought I might not attain ever, the GT TSI. It was perfect for me, an Automatic, well built German car without compromising power and dynamics, which is very rare to find these days.

Completed 1 year and 2000 km with this German beauty.

What I liked:
  1. The classic and handsome looks. Neither boring, nor quirky
  2. The heavy and sturdy build
  3. The smooth, screaming, torquey, powerful and free revving, state of the art, turbocharged, direct injected 1.2 L TSI petrol engine, which can decimate other cars of next segment in a drag, but also, cruise around silently at 1800 rpm when you want to relax
  4. The super smart, cutting edge, 7-Speed DSG automatic gear box with dual character
  5. The instant and gut wrenching acceleration in S mode of the gearbox. Probably the first <10 sec 0-100 car in India
  6. The super smooth shifts in D mode of the gearbox
  7. The safety features like ABS, ESP, TC, Hill Hold, Airbags
  8. The superbly tuned suspension which is soft enough to be comfortable but tight enough to give you a fairly flat ride over undulations
  9. The light yet fairly precise steering which weighs up decently in the highway
  10. Smoked out head lamps, spoiler, and GT TSI emblems and door garnishes
  11. Driver seat height adjust
What I don't like
  1. Rear seat space could be better
  2. The seat is low and seat squab is long, so if you are a short person then your lower back may not reach the seat back. You might need back support
  3. High set dashboard and low seats (even at highest point)
  4. The steering though accurate, is a bit lazy in the initial turn, not very chuck-able.
  5. The brakes, though works good without drama, lacks initial bite. You need to really shove it, especially considering how quickly the car accelerates.
  6. D mode is overly tuned for efficiency, some times you wish for a mode in between the lethargic D mode and aggressive S mode
  7. Lack of boot light and remote boot release or fuel lid release
The prelude

It had been 4 years since we parted with our good old Hyundai Santro XL AT. It was time for a new car. An automatic was a must. Unlike last time when the choice of AT hatch cars were limited, now one is spoilt for choice. I had been dreaming about the VW Polo GT TSI for about 2 years now. But that is what it remained. A dream, as I considered it out of my budget. Even though I am a car enthusiast, I thought I would do with a cheaper alternative for now.

Being the second car I knew exactly what I wanted in my new car. My requirements were this:
  1. Automatic with a good gearbox
  2. Safety features like ABS and Airbags
  3. A competent engine
  4. Decent space
  5. Good ride and handling
  6. Fun to drive
  7. Around 7 lacs
Cars considered

The Brio came a true winner in this list. It had a decent ride and handling with a peppy little engine. It was the cheapest Automatic with safety features.

I was excited when Celero was launched but no safety features in the Auto variant was a deal breaker.

Then I thought to myself. I am 30. This car should serve me for another 6-7 years. I wanted something more substantial. Something more premium. Something more special. Hence I started hunting cars higher up.

Nissan Micra was dropped due to dull engine, fear of A.S.S and CVT rubber band gearbox

I considered Swift DZire AT, Hyundai XCent AT etc. But lack of safety feature or out dated gearbox or dull drive etc broke the deal.

Then I heard of the upcoming Jazz. I was eagerly waiting for it and stalled my car search till it launched.

The Aspire was launched with a 1.5 liter 6 Speed DCT engine but was saddened to know that the engine gearbox combo, though competent, was not really a scorcher and it had lost the old stellar handling of Fords. Also it cost 9.x on road and it was new and untested.

Then the Jazz was launched. So seriously considered it. The Jazz S AT was well within my budget but it had no ABS and only 1 airbag. The V AT Variant in spite of not being the top trim cost 9.x lacs. 9.x lacs for a car that looks like an MPV, with a puny 1.2 engine and a rubber band CVT? Really? The pricing put it bang into the VW Polo GT TSI's territory. Compared to the Jazz, the GT TSI looked like a lot of value for money now!

I had no more excuses. It was now or never of buying my (realisable) dream car. I could n't sleep one night. I made up my mind. I will buy the VW Polo GT TSI. It had everythig I wanted in car and more. The powerful engine, the state of the art gearbox, those timeless looks, the tank like build. The space was not a concern as I am a 5 footer hence I sit close to the steering wheel.

Dealership and Booking

I searched for VW dealerships in Chennai. I came across KUN Volkswagen Madras which was not only the nearest of the three showrooms, but also the one with the best ratings. It had special mentions of the salesman Mr. Lourdhu. I remembered seeing this showroom on the way to my previous office.

Sept 11. I called up VW Madras at 10:00 AM. A lady answered and I said I wanted to check out the Polo GT TSI. She said the salesman will get in touch. 11:00 AM, I got a call! It was just what the doctor ordered. It was Lourdhu himself. He explained me about the car in detail and he was pleasantly surprised that I knew about the DSG already ever since it debuted on the Audi R8.

Sept 12: We arrived at the showroom in the noon. We were greeted by the Team Lead Jayaprakash. Later Lourdhu joined. Everything was like clockwork. The TD car arrived within 5 min. We were ushered to the clean, gorgeous looking GT TSI. It was like meeting a hero. Took a small test drive. Didn't push it much. But we could instantly connect with the car. It was magical. We could instantly feel the premium ness and a well engineered car. I got out of the car in disbelief with hands trembling with excitement and happiness. Then he proceeded to explain all the features and specialities of the car in crisp clear details. We decided to book the car. We paid the booking amount. They explained all the paperwork and formalities. We booked a White VW Polo GT TSI.

The money matters

Ex-show room price - Chennai : 8,72,000
Insurance
(with 40% discount on own damage premium
+ 30 % discount on bumper to bumper 0% depreciation package) : 21,000

RTO (Only registration charges + fine for late registration.
I got 100% tax exemption as I have registered it as Invalid Carriage) : 15,000

Total On Road cost: 9,08,000

Then the sleepless nights on cloud nine started! I could not wait to get it!

Delivery

On October 26th! We got the call that the car was ready for delivery. We scheduled it for Oct 28 as I had a holiday that day. The fact that Oct 29 was my Wife's birthday as well as 4 months since our marriage, sweetened the deal. We reached the place at noon. Everything happened so smooth. We were ushered in by Lourdhu. Within 5 minutes, he explained all the remaining paper works. By that time the brand new garland embelished Polo GT TSI had arrived near the door step. I could not contain the excitement, we immediately rushed outside. He gave a demo of all the features of the car. Then they beckoned us inside. We were pleasantly surprised to find a Black forest cake with the wordings "Happy Motoring Ragesh " written on it. I cut the cake and a balloon burst and streamers sprayed across! Was a wonderful moment.

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-cake.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-waiting.jpg

Then they beckoned us again outside. This time the car was ready with lemon under the 4 wheels and they were doing pooja as well. Then they officially handed over the key amidst another balloon burst and streamer shower. Then we inaugurated it by driving it over the lemons!

One of the most unforgettable moments of my life! I was actually owning and driving my dream car, the VW Polo GT TSI! Had to pinch myself. That was the level of passion and desire I had to own this car and cars in general.

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20151028_130925.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20151029_102222.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20151029_200625.jpg

Ownership

Looks and Build

The car is an absolute beauty. The perfectly balance and timeless looks. It is hands down the most handsome car its class without being too aggressive or too cute. The shape and creases and fit and finish impart an overall premium feel. I think it is the car in its class with the best proportions. The car looks and feels solid and built to last. The sheet metal work with thick and sturdy. The doors are heavy and thick. The build quality is perfect and panel gaps are consistent.

The 11 stage paint quality is top notch. There is perfection. No swirl marks or orange peel. It looks built to last. Moreover they provide 5 year anti perforation warranty.

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20151030_113752.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-front.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-nite.jpg

Interiors

Well-appointed interiors with solid build quality and a premium feel. The all black theme with piano black panels and brushed aluminium accents look really up market and sporty. The steering wheel is small, beefy and a flat bottomed one. It is a joy to hold. The overall design is very classy and feels like you are driving a 15 lac rupee car. The overall dashboard design is mature and functional, but not very exciting. The dials are very easy to read but simple yet elegant. I would have preferred some soft touch plastics on the dashboard though.

The sporty aluminum finished pedals with black rubber grip insets provide a sporty feel as well being functional. The dead pedal ensures you are comfortable on long journeys.

There are many cubbyholes to store your knick knacs, The front doors have large 1 litre water botte holders. There are 4 cubbyholes and 2 cup holders on the central console and behind the gear lever. Rear doors get small door pockets and bag hooks as well.

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-steeringf.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-dial.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-console.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-console1.jpg

Engine & Gearbox

And now the party piece, the power-train. The 1.2 L TSI engine + 7-DSG Auto gearbox combo is why we all love and buy this car for. This is what makes the GT, what it is. The engine is a smooth gem. Silent at low revs and throaty at higher revs. The engine has a sweet sound which can addictive and makes you want to rev it harder and harder. The power delivery is so linear, even some naturally aspirated petrol engines can't boast of the same smooth and linear way the engine picks up speed.

The torque peek comes at an almost purring speed of just 1400 RPM. Which means there is no waiting for turbo to kick in. Hence you are on peek torque right from the word go. 80 comes in very quick time as well. 100 takes a bit more time compared to 80, still very brisk. The acceleration after 100 does not tail off, unlike the competition.

There is always a muffled growl in the engine bay even if you are puttering around at low revs. It is never a purring cat. It is a growling tiger, a crouching one, ready to roar at the mash of the throttle. It is as if it is saying, "You know I am silent just because you asked me to and I have enough torque at low revs, but that does n't mean this is what I love. I love roaring and screaming away and scaring the pigeons and humans alike"

Though the engine is really potent in the city, just like any other German car, this car really shines in the highway. It just stretches its legs does not complain upon sustained highway speeds. The speed masking is brilliant. The tall seventh gear ensures silent, comfortable and smooth cruising even at highway speeds. It is a mile muncher. You will never be tired on long journeys. You will only wonder why it was over so quick.

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-engine.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-engine1.jpg

The gearbox shifts with an uncanny witchcraft like intelligence, knowing every situation and every intent, the shifts especially in D Mode is almost imperceptible. It is a dual personality even in the same mode.

D Mode

Give modest throttle inputs and it shifts like crazy, at 2000 RPM and before you know it, you are doing 60 kph in 7th Gear. At that speed in that tall a gear, the engine is doing 1300 RPM. There is no engine noise or engine braking. It is as if you are coasting on neutral. Give moderate throttle and you see it holding on to the revs to 3000 RPM and you gain speed briskly. This enough for most relaxed city conditions and sedate driving.

Now, floor the throttle and it down shifts to n-3 gears in a jiffy, and the car leaps forward with alarming rate. Earlier it used to shift up at around 4500 RPM. Now may be after learning my driving style, it shifts up at 5500 RPM even in D mode (in full throttle)

S Mode

This is where it all comes together to give you that magic. The shift points are aggressive. The gearbox never allows the car to go below 2K RPM. It aggressively downshifts, keeping the engine on the boil, rendering all those 175 Nm of torque and 103 BHP ever ready at your disposal. This is where the next speciality of the S Mode comes into play. Press the throttle even by an mm and you can instantly feel the car responding. The throttle mapping seems to be very aggressive in this mode. Not only the throttle seems to very sensitive, the delay seems to be very less compared to the D Mode as well. The throttle feels like it is responding to exactly what you are doing with the pedal, in a linear fashion.

Then comes up the upshifts. The gearbox won’t upshift till you reach the 6000 RPM limiter when floored. But when you are gentle with the throttle, it will shift up at 3500 RPM to keep everything neat, lest you end up looking a teenage ricer, trying to over rev the engine at city speeds. 60 kph comes up in negligible time, before you can say 1,2,3,4. The behaviour in S is so aggressive you almost wish that even the suspension and steering went into some sort of sport mode when you are in S mode

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-gear-copy.jpg

Ride & Comfort

The ride is spot on, not too soft, and not too hard. The front and rear are equally comfortable as far as ride is concerned. Pot holes and small bumps are disposed off at ease at moderate speeds, albeit a bit audible. The ride is flat over undulations albeit not cushy as its competitors. But the upside to this is that while the cushy cars bobble up and down all the time which can get a bit tiring, this car stays rock solid during cruising. The seats are a bit on the firmer side and you sit low, so it is not as cocooning as the seats of a Liva for example. Yet the flat ride and good support ensures you are comfortable enough. Back seat could do with more leg space, but as I said since I am a 5 footer, people won’t have any problem sitting behind me. The width is just enough for 3 persons to sit abreast, but the thigh central tunnel means, the middle passenger may not have happy legs.

The seats are large and have lateral support. The Milan Titanschwartz fabric though has good quality, is rough to touch and has a dull feeling. It feels it will get duller and duller. I have changed it to black art leather seats with red accent. The seat is on the firmer side. Also the seat squab is huge and is long. If you are under 5.5, then you will find the squab too long for your thigh bone, there by your lower back may not touch the back rest. So you might need extra back support.

The A/C is pretty powerful works well even in Chennai heat. Automatic Climate control means shut it and forget it. The vents look up market with piano black and subtle chrome treatment. The fan at 1,2 is very quiet. Higher than that is a bit loud. The switchgears and button have a very good notchy nactile feel which means even if you do not look you know how much the fan speed or temperature is getting increased. Every click of the round dial increases A/C temperature by 0.5 degree C.

With the A/C at 1 or 2, the NVH levels are brilliant. It is like a sound proof room. The engine is silent unless you give it the beans, the suspension works silently on good to decent roads. There is no creaking or crackling anywhere. Very easy to have conversations.

Wind noise is present but minimal.

The Audio system is an RCD 320. It has lot of input methods such as AUX, BT, CD, USB, Raido etc. It is easy to use and has decent features. The audio quality is much better than my old Santro. The bass is punchy and mid is strong too. Treble is nothing brag about. Its enough for the non audiophiles. It is a non touch screen and I like that. I feel touch screen distracts one while driving.

But a downside is there is no parking camera. Only beep based parking assist for the rear. But I find that decent.

First long drive
White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-outing.jpg

Steering & Handling

Handling is neutral, the steering is direct and precise, albeit a bit lazy, not very chuckable. I wish they gave a faster rack. The return rate could be better too. But you don’t need to do mid corner or constant corrections in the straights or corners. The steering loads up well on corners. Don't expect the mechanical feedback of a rack and pinion or a HPS though, the EPS masks most of the minute forces and communications from the road. At moderate speeds there is hardly any resistance from the steering wheel unless you are cornering hard.

When you corner hard, the suspension lets you know that it is after all a warm hatch and not a hot slammed hatch. There is softness and a little bit of body roll and bounciness if you corner hard or drive fast on undulations. But never boat like. For most of the sedate and semi excited driving, the suspension setup is fine. I am really considering Bilstein B6 to make the ride more flat and lessen the body rolls on corners, but only because I am enthusiast. For the typical car buyer, the suspension is perfect, but even be termed as a bit stiff

Safety

This is arguably the hatch with highest number of safety gadgets. ABS and EBD ensures the car stops in a straight line without drama and without veering of course, and without locking. Airbags are standard fare. Add to it, the ESP which ensures you don't spin out of control should you get overboard. Hill hold ensures you don't backwards for 2-3 seconds during the transition between B and A pedal on an incline

Tyes and wheels

The tyres are decent size considering the sizes we get here these days. It is a 185/60 R 15 85 H Apollo Alnac. It is not a brilliant tyre by any stretch, but it is one of the better tyres manufactured here in India. Grip levels are good, but not leach like. You do get an occasional wheel spin on concrete roads. It is a bit noisy. Becomes evident when you do highway speeds on roads which are not butter smooth, especially with A/C at low.

The 15 x6J Estrada alloy wheels are double-spoked ones and look neat, although not stunning. From 2014, they sunset the diamond cut alloys and now we get the painted ones. You can see the lack of the last 1% perfection on the egdes, and it is a bit duller than the old one as well. Really hoped VW did not do this cost cutting.

Usage pattern and mileage

My usage is predominantly within the city.
70% within the city in flowing traffic around 60 kph. Here on medium throttle I get 9.5 kpl. On aggresive driving it becomes 8 kpl
10% bumper to bumper. Here I get 7-8 kpl
20% lonely roads and highways. On slow country roads I get 11 kpl. On highways I get 14-15 kpl

Mods planned in the future

1. Brake upgrade Brembo or VW performance
2. Tyre upgrade to 195 or 205.
3. 16 inch alloys
4. Remap
5. Bilstein B6

Upgrades done:

Dolphin art leather seats from Jeewajee, Chennnai

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20160811_162915.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20160811_162933.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20160811_163516.jpg

Elegant Noodle mats from Jeewajee, Chennai

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 20081
Size:  499.3 KB

Interior bulb from stuck to CANBUS error free LED bulbs

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-led.jpg

Red metallic valve stem covers

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-valvered.jpg

Some 3d stickers and decals

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20160814_1711022.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20160821_163622.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20160821_164358.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20160827_185849.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20160903_155655.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20160903_155704.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img20160809wa0005.jpg

Door lock cover

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-lockcover.jpg

Last edited by rageshgr : 18th October 2016 at 19:46.
rageshgr is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 15:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
[indent]

We booked a White VW Polo GT TSI.

On October 26th! We got the call that the car was ready for delivery.
Congrats rageshgr on your latest acquisition and welcome to the GT club

Though Polo has received more updates than any hatch in India over time, VW have maintained the timeless design/silhouette for the most part.

GTs come at quite a premium price, but there is no denying the fact that nothing in this hatch is cheap and you really get what you pay for.

Considering your GT is a TSI, you have to get yourself a Driver's Armrest at the earliest buddy, which will only improve the comfort levels.

Wish you a happy motoring and please post some more pics.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 15:55   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats rageshgr on your latest acquisition and welcome to the GT club

Though Polo has received more updates than any hatch in India over time, VW have maintained the timeless design/silhouette for the most part.

GTs come at quite a premium price, but there is no denying the fact that nothing in this hatch is cheap and you really get what you pay for.

Considering your GT is a TSI, you have to get yourself a Driver's Armrest at the earliest buddy, which will only improve the comfort levels.

Wish you a happy motoring and please post some more pics.
Thanks for the wishes Vik! All the GT TSI threads in our forum was my inspiration.

Yes when you compare the performance and tech you get, it is really a good value for money. Sure I will get the arm rest. Too bad, the Allstar edition gets it as standard :(
Yes Vik, I have added more pics now!

Last edited by rageshgr : 17th October 2016 at 15:59.
rageshgr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 09:09   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 11:35   #5
BHPian

Thanks GTO. Dream1. Own a GT TSI. Dream2. Write a detailed ownership review of it on Team-Bhp
Old 19th October 2016, 12:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation rageshgr on you're Polo TSI.

A Well Engineered, Timeless Design, Performance Oriented, Premium Hatchback from Volkswagen.

Wish you miles of Happy & Trouble-free Ownership Experience.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 13:10   #7
BHPian

Quote:
On 26 September 2015, my dream came true! I bought the car I was in love with, the car I was a fan of, the car that I once thought I might not attain ever, the GT TSI. It was perfect for me, an Automatic, well built German car without compromising power and dynamics, which is very rare to find these days.

Completed 1 year and 2000 km with this German beauty.
What 1 yr and only 2K ? are u sure its not 20K??

I bought a White GT a week before you did and I am going to be at 15K by next week.

The good thing is, I don't need to write a report now. You have already covered the points!

You moved from a Santro AT to GT and I did from a i10 AT. I can completely relate to how the DSG is light years ahead in comparison.

All the best! and make sure to take her out for spin once in a while!
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 13:17   #8

Congratulations raheshgr on owing such a beautiful car.
Happy motoring with GT

Quote:
RTO (Only registration charges + fine for late registration.
I got 100% tax exemption as I have registered it as Invalid Carriage) : 15,000
Total On Road cost: 9,08,000
I have few questions regarding the 100% tax exemption as Invalid carriage.
How is that possible and what are the pre requisites for doing so? Apologies for my ignorance.
Thanga_RS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 13:52   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Congratulation rageshgr on you're Polo TSI.

A Well Engineered, Timeless Design, Performance Oriented, Premium Hatchback from Volkswagen.

Wish you miles of Happy & Trouble-free Ownership Experience.
Thanks a lot for the wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
What 1 yr and only 2K ? are u sure its not 20K??

I bought a White GT a week before you did and I am going to be at 15K by next week.

The good thing is, I don't need to write a report now. You have already covered the points!

You moved from a Santro AT to GT and I did from a i10 AT. I can completely relate to how the DSG is light years ahead in comparison.

All the best! and make sure to take her out for spin once in a while!
Thanks freedom. Wow! great! No no, you should also write review, you have more experience with the GT

Yes it is 2k only since it took 9 months to register and get license. Please refer this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...need-know.html

Now that everything is fine, I have started taking it to office on daily basis and hope to cover atleast 10k per year

Yes coming from Hyundai box to DSG was a pleasant elevation of experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanga_RS View Post
Congratulations rageshgr on owing such a beautiful car.
Happy motoring with GT

I have few questions regarding the 100% tax exemption as Invalid carriage.
How is that possible and what are the pre requisites for doing so? Apologies for my ignorance.
Invalid Carriage is a vehicle modified or adapted to be driven exclusively by people with physical disabilities.
Please refer this thread for more info http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...need-know.html

Last edited by rageshgr : 19th October 2016 at 13:54.
Old 19th October 2016, 23:38   #10
BHPian

Update.

It is back from 1 year service today. Services done are:
1. Air and Oil filter change
2. Engine oil change
3. Wheel alignment and balancing
4. Dust and Pollen filter change
5. A.C disinfection
6. Antipest treatment
7. Tinkering and bumper painting for some big scratches.
8. Brake fluid change

Total cost: 13,977. This includes full bumper painting for 2850 bucks. So service alone cost 11k, which seems to be the norm

Too early to tell but engine feels slightly smoother. Braking has improved
Old 20th October 2016, 16:22   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Update.

It is back from 1 year service today. Services done are:
1. Air and Oil filter change
2. Engine oil change
3. Wheel alignment and balancing
4. Dust and Pollen filter change
5. A.C disinfection
6. Antipest treatment
7. Tinkering and bumper painting for some big scratches.
8. Brake fluid change

Total cost: 13,977. This includes full bumper painting for 2850 bucks. So service alone cost 11k, which seems to be the norm

Too early to tell but engine feels slightly smoother. Braking has improved
Thanks.

I will probably skip AC disinfect and anti-pest thing as vinegar is doing a good job for me
Any reason for Brake Fluid change? I thought its good for 3 yrs. Will check the owners manual to be sure.

I have an appointment for 1yr/15K service this weekend. Will let you know what that goes.

Last edited by freedom : 20th October 2016 at 16:30.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 17:02   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Thanks.

I will probably skip AC disinfect and anti-pest thing as vinegar is doing a good job for me
Any reason for Brake Fluid change? I thought its good for 3 yrs. Will check the owners manual to be sure.

I have an appointment for 1yr/15K service this weekend. Will let you know what that goes.
Ya probably you can skip it, just the change of dust and pollen filter will do. In my case, he offered it so I took it because my car was in the parking lot undriven for a long time so I was suspecting accumulated dust and germs so I was planning to do a disinfect and anti pest anyway. Vinegar will work only on outside right? Here they will pour some smog kind of thing into the vents.

Brake fluid ya I am not sure. But I was never happy with my brakes, but after this service it is much better
Old 5th November 2016, 16:06   #13
BHPian

So started basic pampering myself. My car park does not have running water near by and also I didn't want to waste water. Also wanted a non messy solution

Stumbled Upon ProKlear extreme rinseless car wash kit. Comes with 250 ml concentrate , for 50 uses, sprayer and 2 microfibre clothes. Rs. 599.

As soon as you spray, the grime becomes loose and some fall off due to gravity itself.

Looks impressive. Will give one more iteration for that final touch
Attached Thumbnails
White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20161105_144048.jpg  

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20161105_144043.jpg  

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20161105_144029.jpg  

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20161105_144013.jpg  

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20161105_144000.jpg  

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20161105_143943.jpg  

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20161105_143928.jpg  

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20161105_143902.jpg  

rageshgr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 13:07   #14
BHPian

Dear All,

Recently observed a weird behaviour. While accelerating using heavy foot ( say 90% throttle), after climbing a speed breaker, I feel like the power delivery is interrupted. It is as if the clutch is slipping, or there is some small judder.

Is it the Traction Control / ESP trying to curb wheel spin? Or should I be worried?

Any insight will be appreciated.
Old 12th December 2016, 15:27   #15
BHPian

I am considering the Polo GT TSI as my self driving second car option. A sporty self driven automatic hatch is what I am looking for. Could you share your updated ownership experience?

Most Viewed