Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2016, 23:47   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Congratulations on the Figo Diesel!

When it comes to evaluating price worthiness of a product, the Figo is probably the best under Rs. 10-Lakh. It is spacious (surprisingly for a Ford), handles well, is really powerful and has more than adequate safety features. I think Ford has just got it right with the Figo twins.

So what mods have you planned for this car?
Glued to this thread.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 00:58   #17
BHPian

re: My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi

Really good concise review of a nice car. I had the good fortune to drive Bhuvan's Figo for parts on the trip to Nainital. I came away quite impressed with the highway manners of it. Overtaking was a breeze and taking the long sweeping corners at high speed was fun. The tyres really do help making it sure footed and planted. Unfortunatey (of fortunately?) I haven't driven the Figo on stock tyres so cannot really compare, though the upsize doesn't make it feel sluggish or anything even one bit.

I also drove it a bit in the city and the engine makes this car really fun and nippy to drive. The gearbox is the only fly in the ointment as it is quite rubbery and a little vague.

As Nikhil mentioned, awaiting the main course eagerly!
mrpitt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 10:29   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 11:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Any day time pictures of the car with the roof wrap. I have a silver Aspire and would like to see how it looks.
Have a look below. The only issue with a gloss black wrap that is the roof starts looking dusty within a few hours, especially in places like NCR. Also, one is not supposed to use natural waxes like Carnauba on it. Synthetic waxes are fine.

The wrap really suits the silver figo. It makes it look lower and sleeker in my opinion.

My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi-img20161130wa0002.jpg

My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi-img20161130wa0003.jpg

My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi-img20161130wa0004.jpg

You can make out the dust easily in this pic on the gloss black roof. Not so much on the silver paint.
My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi-img_20161129_132801.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Congratulations on the Figo Diesel!

When it comes to evaluating price worthiness of a product, the Figo is probably the best under Rs. 10-Lakh. It is spacious (surprisingly for a Ford), handles well, is really powerful and has more than adequate safety features. I think Ford has just got it right with the Figo twins.

So what mods have you planned for this car?
Glued to this thread.
Space is definitely good. Another reason the GT Tsi was not bought, was the almost unusable back seat.

Regarding mods, the tyres and wheels were mod number 1. A remap is on the cards. Would not want to do much more as this car is my fall-back, runabout as my other car is heavily modded.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 11:14   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Bhuvan,

Congrats on your Figo & nice upgrades

Also good to see you timed the 0-100 km/h run & managed 10.2 sec

What tyre pressure were you running ?
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 12:04   #21
BHPian

Congrats bhuvan_prasad on the new ride. The car looks stunning with those alloys and roof wrap.
Seems you also had Ambient lighting done.
How much did the alloys and tyres cost you?
CrazyToDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 12:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
The wrap really suits the silver figo.
Congratulation Bhuvan , The wrap looks cool on the already stylish Figo.

Wrap the ORVMs as well and black out the outer chrome parts of the headlamps and it'll look super cool
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 14:05   #23
ike
BHPian

refreshing review. The wrap looks really cool. Does the Figo have ISOFIX mounts for the little ones?
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 14:34   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
refreshing review. The wrap looks really cool. Does the Figo have ISOFIX mounts for the little ones?
Thank you. No. I could not find the mounts in the car and there is no mention of isofix mounts in the manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Congratulation Bhuvan , The wrap looks cool on the already stylish Figo.

Wrap the ORVMs as well and black out the outer chrome parts of the headlamps and it'll look super cool
Thanks for the tips. Headlight's, I'm exploring options that will improve the low beam, which is average. So might go in for projectors later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
Congrats bhuvan_prasad on the new ride. The car looks stunning with those alloys and roof wrap.
Ambient lighting was part of the 10k worth of accessories that the dealer gave free. It is made by autocop and tailor made for the aspire/figo, though it seems pretty standard to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hey Bhuvan,

Congrats on your Figo & nice upgrades

Also good to see you timed the 0-100 km/h run & managed 10.2 sec

What tyre pressure were you running ?
Thanks karan. I filled 31psi a month ago. Must be around 28-29psi now

Last edited by bhuvan_prasad : 30th November 2016 at 14:54. Reason: Typo
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 14:41   #25
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Those are some tasteful subtle mods bhuvan.

I recently got a chance to drive the Figo 1.5 TDCI in Pune. While most things about the car is good, but that engine makes it a rocket !

The older Figo was much better in terms of driving dynamics but the new-gen Figo is not bad either. Infact its much better than all of its competitors. Decent space, smart looks, amazing diesel engine, good driving dynamics at a mouth-watering price - definitely one of the most VFM packages around specially in the Titanium diesel trim.

The Figo/Aspire deserves to sell more.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 15:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the great buy.
The new gen Ford Figo Aspire is undoubtedly the best of the 4m sedans out there! It deserves a much higher sales number.
In addition to it being fun to drive, the maintenance cost for the Fords these days is damn cheap!
amalji is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 19:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
Forgot to share the alloys and tyres cost.
Tyres were 5100Rs each - 195/55 R15 Continental MC5
HRS H 534 alloys - 25k for 4
Got 21k for the OEM tyres + alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Those are some tasteful subtle mods bhuvan.

I recently got a chance to drive the Figo 1.5 TDCI in Pune. While most things about the car is good, but that engine makes it a rocket !

The older Figo was much better in terms of driving dynamics but the new-gen Figo is not bad either. Infact its much better than all of its competitors. Decent space, smart looks, amazing diesel engine, good driving dynamics at a mouth-watering price - definitely one of the most VFM packages around specially in the Titanium diesel trim.

The Figo/Aspire deserves to sell more.
It definitely does deserve to sell more, way more. I have driven the old fiesta(old figo was based on that) around quite a bit, don't really miss out that much on the handling and 'driving fun' aspect between the two, or maybe I'm just biased because I own the new Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Congrats on the great buy.
The new gen Ford Figo Aspire is undoubtedly the best of the 4m sedans out there! It deserves a much higher sales number.
In addition to it being fun to drive, the maintenance cost for the Fords these days is damn cheap!
The maintenance and routine service costs is shockingly low. Ford has made a conscious effort to cut down on this, and it shows. 1year/10000km service intervals which cost around 2-2.5k, resulting in very low annual upkeep costs. Great, all the more money saved to spend on Mods.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 17:24   #28
BHPian

In my personal opinion, Figo is the most VFM diesel car one can get their hands on. That TDCi engine is smooth and as per the tests done by Motorbeam, this car hits 0-100 kmph in less than 10 seconds.
Also the paint quality is top notch. What people fail to understand is that this car is really loaded with features
Dont get me wrong, but i prefer Titanium over Titanium+ as i can live without 6 airbags, MyKey and that MID.
I was really keen on booking the figo but had to go with i20 as the front seating could not occupy a very large body frame of mine.

Congratulations on your new car

And now for the basic question, what is the mileage you get from it?

Last edited by shridhar.s.i : 1st December 2016 at 17:25. Reason: correct titanium version details
Old 1st December 2016, 20:42   #29
BHPian

Congratulations Bhuvan on purchase of Fantastic Figo! Wishing you many more meaningful miles.

I agree almost all of your opinions as a owner of Figo 1.5 TDCi Titanum. Apart from performance, you can extract a very good fuel economy as well. I have achieved max. 24.2 kmpl and 21-23 kmpl consistently in city+highway (70%+30%) driving. But it is very difficult to drive this car sedately (and it is under-utilization of resources as well).

What is your observation about road noise? I felt the wind / road noise higher above 90 kmph, although acceptable. But not expected, as there is cladding inside wheel arches, and mine is fitted with Michelin Energy XM2 tires, which are silent than OEM rubber. Also the door has a double rubber beading.
swapnil.awate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 15:15   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
In my personal opinion, Figo is the most VFM diesel car one can get their hands on. That TDCi engine is smooth and as per the tests done by Motorbeam, this car hits 0-100 kmph in less than 10 seconds.
Also the paint quality is top notch. What people fail to understand is that this car is really loaded with features
Dont get me wrong, but i prefer Titanium over Titanium+ as i can live without 6 airbags, MyKey and that MID.
I was really keen on booking the figo but had to go with i20 as the front seating could not occupy a very large body frame of mine.

Congratulations on your new car

And now for the basic question, what is the mileage you get from it?
As mentioned in my opening post I get around 17km/l in the city and 18-19km/l on the highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.awate View Post
Congratulations Bhuvan on purchase of Fantastic Figo! Wishing you many more meaningful miles.

I agree almost all of your opinions as a owner of Figo 1.5 TDCi Titanum. Apart from performance, you can extract a very good fuel economy as well. I have achieved max. 24.2 kmpl and 21-23 kmpl consistently in city+highway (70%+30%) driving. But it is very difficult to drive this car sedately (and it is under-utilization of resources as well).

What is your observation about road noise? I felt the wind / road noise higher above 90 kmph, although acceptable. But not expected, as there is cladding inside wheel arches, and mine is fitted with Michelin Energy XM2 tires, which are silent than OEM rubber. Also the door has a double rubber beading.
Fuel efficiency is never on my mind when I drive this figo, as I come from petrols and whatever I do, this car is way cheaper to run than any petrol car of ours.

Funnily I find no particular issue with the wind noise, never noticed it to be honest, and I've touched fairly high speeds on the expressways. Xm2 is a good tyre with very low road noise compared to the OEM one, maybe your point of reference for road noise is a German car ?
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks