Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2020, 13:08   #91
BHPian

Re: Welcome home, Škoda Octavia 1.8L TSI - The one with a mental disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Attachment 1954858

I was expecting that the new bi-xenon bulbs that I had installed from Philips D3S X-Treme Vision Series-2 4800K, would perform well, but sad to report that, there hasn’t been any significant improvement in the throw of the light. It still is a struggle to drive in rains. However, regular environments, it has been phenomenal.

Best wishes for your startup.
Whats your reference for comparison of philips xenons. Also, fog, mist , heavy rains would reflect the high beam no matter what bulb you use. Whats your review on illumination in rain in low beam and high beam?
Entsurgeon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 14:35   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entsurgeon View Post
Best wishes for your startup.
Whats your reference for comparison of philips xenons. Also, fog, mist , heavy rains would reflect the high beam no matter what bulb you use. Whats your review on illumination in rain in low beam and high beam?
I was comparing it my earlier setup that I had from Phillips itself. Not really with any other brands like Osram or others.

Rain and low beam, with street lights, illumination is the poorest, Rain and low beam without street lights is much better, Rain and high beam with street lights, performs better than low lights. however, Rain and high beam without street lights, I found it jarily glaring, and to my mind, low beam is a better.
Old 27th March 2023, 12:32   #93
BHPian

Re: Welcome home, Škoda Octavia 1.8L TSI - The one with a mental disorder- Now Sold

Gosh, time just flies.

At the outset sincere apologies to all my fellow team-bhpians for not being able to update the thread.

Work and family commitments kept me busy through out the time, and professionally as you keep rising the ladder, you keep getting busier by the day.

In last two years, while Octavia did not go through any upgrades, but miles get munching on the monster and in the interim, we did add Taigun GT Plus to the family as the third car last year, originally planned to replace the Grand i10, but that did not happen, and now we had three cars- Grand i10, Taigun GT Plus and Octavia.

On 4th March and me and wifey, randomly went to KIFS Volvo dealership in Mumbai Andheri to check out the Volvo S90, they were having an un-registered TD car for sale, we thought, let's go and have a look at it. While I loved the car, but as luck would have it, wifey didn't. So from there we ended up going to Audi West in Andheri, couple of meters ahead of the KIFS Volvo dealership.

I went with an intent of just checking out the new B&O in the Audi A4, and one thing led to another and we ended up discussing the A6. They were giving the A6 at deal which was lesser than the offer price given by KIFS Volvo guys for their unregistered TD S90.

Discussing further, they also offered me a last piece of MY22 A6, at a much lower price than that of the upgraded MY23 car, which lost out on Matrix lights and the MY22 that they had in stock did come with the Matrix Lights, but lost out on 360 cam and R19's. Heck I said, if I am saving 5 lacs upfront, I can always upgrade to R19's later and the only compromise would be a 360 Cam and beige interiors which were going to be dirt magnet.

Next was what value they would give for Octavia.

They evaluated the Octavia, I liked the offer they made for the car and bang, there we were stepping out of the dealership with a sales order form. We had no intent of buying anything that day, however we ended up booking an MY22A6 technology pack.

At the time of sell, the ODO on Octavia read 54000 kms and I loved every kms of those that I had put on the ODO. It was indeed a black beauty.

On 21st March, the team at Audi picked up the Octavia and on 22nd March, we got the A6 home.

Here's the parting shot of our car with a mental disorder.

Welcome home, Škoda Octavia 1.8L TSI - The one with a mental disorder-octi.jpeg

And the uber cool Audi A6, gladly takes the parking spot adorned by Octavia all these years...

Welcome home, Škoda Octavia 1.8L TSI - The one with a mental disorder-a6.jpeg
sawnilrules is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 15:01   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Gosh, time just flies.

At the outset sincere apologies to all my fellow team-bhpians for not being able to update the thread.

Work and family commitments kept me busy through out the time, and professionally as you keep rising the ladder, you keep getting busier by the day.

In last two years, while Octavia did not go through any upgrades, but miles get munching on the monster and in the interim, we did add Taigun GT Plus to the family as the third car last year, originally planned to replace the Grand i10, but that did not happen, and now we had three cars- Grand i10, Taigun GT Plus and Octavia.

On 4th March and me and wifey, randomly went to KIFS Volvo dealership in Mumbai Andheri to check out the Volvo S90, they were having an un-registered TD car for sale, we thought, let's go and have a look at it. While I loved the car, but as luck would have it, wifey didn't. So from there we ended up going to Audi West in Andheri, couple of meters ahead of the KIFS Volvo dealership.

I went with an intent of just checking out the new B&O in the Audi A4, and one thing led to another and we ended up discussing the A6. They were giving the A6 at deal which was lesser than the offer price given by KIFS Volvo guys for their unregistered TD S90.

Discussing further, they also offered me a last piece of MY22 A6, at a much lower price than that of the upgraded MY23 car, which lost out on Matrix lights and the MY22 that they had in stock did come with the Matrix Lights, but lost out on 360 cam and R19's. Heck I said, if I am saving 5 lacs upfront, I can always upgrade to R19's later and the only compromise would be a 360 Cam and beige interiors which were going to be dirt magnet.

Next was what value they would give for Octavia.

They evaluated the Octavia, I liked the offer they made for the car and bang, there we were stepping out of the dealership with a sales order form. We had no intent of buying anything that day, however we ended up booking an MY22A6 technology pack.

At the time of sell, the ODO on Octavia read 54000 kms and I loved every kms of those that I had put on the ODO. It was indeed a black beauty.

On 21st March, the team at Audi picked up the Octavia and on 22nd March, we got the A6 home.

Here's the parting shot of our car with a mental disorder.

Attachment 2433747

And the uber cool Audi A6, gladly takes the parking spot adorned by Octavia all these years...

Attachment 2433746

Nilesh... isn't your A6 MY20 model that you picked it up from Audi Mumbai West Used Cars section. That's how you got the GJ registered.

Why you saying its a MY22 car?

We can see its a June 2020 Manufactured car and was registered to its 1st Owner on 11th Dec 2020.

I asked AMW if I could get a similar deal and they said they do have another GJ registered A6 Available.

Welcome home, Škoda Octavia 1.8L TSI - The one with a mental disorder-photo20230323145321.jpgWelcome home, Škoda Octavia 1.8L TSI - The one with a mental disorder-photo20230327145514.jpgWelcome home, Škoda Octavia 1.8L TSI - The one with a mental disorder-photo20230327145757.jpg

Last edited by swapszone : 27th March 2023 at 15:27. Reason: Changed Images Arrangement
swapszone is offline   (27) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks