Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2018, 18:16   #76
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno Delta CVT - The experience so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
Getting the following accessories fitted in place of the extended warranty

From your post I gathered that relaxed driving is the best option for maximum fuel economy in Drive Mode

Highway acceleration and overtaking use Sports Mode

Any idea where L Mode is usefull
I would highly recommend extended warranty - never know when it helps. Rear camera and display can be fitted later. Even I was thinking of it, but the OVRMs and Parking sensor give a good assist for reversing. I am thinking of getting 2 front parking sensors fitted as well. You may not need the reverse assist cam in a week or so.

Sports mode is only needed for a very quick acceleration else the regular D mode does great once you are close to 3k rpm.

The only time I have had to use L mode is on a very steep and slippery slope. It just keep the gear at one ratio lower. Maybe for driving in hill sections, but I have never tried it.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 12:11   #77
BHPian

Looks like the handbrake cable has become loose again. I had this problem in the first 2 months of ownership.

This is cause rattling noise from the handbrake area. Need to get it tightened again.

Since the Hampi trip, there has been no other rattling whatsoever. The cabin is super silent on good roads.
Old 24th July 2018, 14:03   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
  • Rattle from handbrake area - Fixed twice; the cable was tightened a fair amount in the second attempt post which the issue has not recurred in the last 2 weeks.
  • Noise from rear right brake - 4 attempts made to fix this issue. The noise was very faint after the 3rd attempt, but faint is not NIL for me. The liners were cleaned again in the 4th attempt the day before (30-June) and there has been no noise since the last 2 days. I still keeping this under observation.
Update on my Baleno CVT:
- Handbrake cable gets a play in regular use (recurred again as per my last post). Its takes 5 minutes to fix it. Learnt it from the technician during the Service center visit couple of months back.

- The scraping noise while braking, reported last year, surfaced again around March this year and has increased significantly. Last time the wheel hubs were interchanged between the left and right side. The noise was from the left side this time - indicating that the wheel hub was faulty. The service center again switched the wheel hubs and the sound shifted to teh right side.
A new part order has been placed and should arrive in a week's time.
Old 25th July 2018, 11:17   #79
BHPian

Hi Dheepak - I have been encountering the same grinding noise from the rear brakes for the last few months. It's really annoying when you wait at signal (during start-stop). The 'Grrr-Grrr' noise irritates the other road users too. The noise is that bad.

I was wondering it was due to cold start. But the issue occurs during the day after driving for couple of kms. So, let me get the rear drum brakes checked during the weekend and provide my updates here.
Old 27th July 2018, 20:46   #80
BHPian

Quote:
I would highly recommend extended warranty - never know when it helps.

Hi Dheepak,

Today I took the test drive of Baleno petrol delta cvt but I couldn't see any Sports mode or S mode present.
I asked the SA as well and he informed that Sports mode is not present in Baleno CVT.

Have I completely missed something?

Last edited by ampere : 27th July 2018 at 21:44.
Old 27th July 2018, 20:59   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi Dheepak - I have been encountering the same grinding noise from the rear brakes for the last few months. It's really annoying when you wait at signal (during start-stop). The 'Grrr-Grrr' noise irritates the other road users too. The noise is that bad.

I was wondering it was due to cold start. But the issue occurs during the day after driving for couple of kms. So, let me get the rear drum brakes checked during the weekend and provide my updates here.
The noise might be due to tight handbrake cable. Mine is a scraping noise which is different. I had the grinding noise before 1st service
Old 27th July 2018, 22:39   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye10 View Post
Hi Dheepak,

Today I took the test drive of Baleno petrol delta cvt but I couldn't see any Sports mode or S mode present.
I asked the SA as well and he informed that Sports mode is not present in Baleno CVT.

Have I completely missed something?
As per the official review the black button on the right side of gear engages "sport" mode, though it was told its far from sporty.
gunsho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 10:56   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Update on my Baleno CVT:

- The scraping noise while braking, reported last year, surfaced again around March this year and has increased significantly. Last time the wheel hubs were interchanged between the left and right side. The noise was from the left side this time - indicating that the wheel hub was faulty. The service center again switched the wheel hubs and the sound shifted to teh right side.
A new part order has been placed and should arrive in a week's time.
Hi Dheepak, I am facing the same grinding noise in my Delta CVT from the driver's side brakes. The service centre folks were clueless. One of the guys there said that it's a recurring problem on the Baleno CVT.
Old 30th July 2018, 11:00   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
Hi Dheepak, I am facing the same grinding noise in my Delta CVT from the driver's side brakes. The service centre folks were clueless. One of the guys there said that it's a recurring problem on the Baleno CVT.
Hi,
You can ask them to try this in your case as well. But grinding noise is a different one and mine was rectified during initial ownership. I don't recollect what was the corrective measure.

You can check with a different SC
Old 7th August 2019, 17:15   #85

Could I request some help from Team bhpians. I am looking to buy an automatic car for lot of self drive use - and wanted something that was both automatic and decent fuel economy

What have folks who’ve owned the Baleno CVT/ glanza CVT been able to get in terms of fuel economy? The dealership is pushing the car quoting 12-14 kmpl
Old 11th August 2019, 00:48   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abn6362 View Post
Could I request some help from Team bhpians. I am looking to buy an automatic car for lot of self drive use - and wanted something that was both automatic and decent fuel economy

What have folks who’ve owned the Baleno CVT/ glanza CVT been able to get in terms of fuel economy? The dealership is pushing the car quoting 12-14 kmpl
Like all manual cars, the mileage if automatic ones also vary based on the traffic situations you encounter in a daily basis. In greater Hyderabad region, I used to get FE figures of 14 in city and 20 on highway which was the same as what I got in my erstwhile manual A-star.
Now that should give you an idea of the FE.
Old 16th November 2020, 19:28   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Like all manual cars, the mileage if automatic ones also vary based on the traffic situations you encounter in a daily basis. In greater Hyderabad region, I used to get FE figures of 14 in city and 20 on highway which was the same as what I got in my erstwhile manual A-star.
Now that should give you an idea of the FE.
My Red Baleno Delta CVT has completed 2.5 years with around 11.5 K km and returns 12-15 KMPL based on relaxed driving and traffic in Bangalore city

Loved the convenience of hassle free drive with CVT automatic

Now with Corona pandemic car is not used much shall delay the next paid service as my Baleno does not have extended warranty now
amarprusty is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks