Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2017, 13:45   #16
BHPian

re: My pre-worshipped VW Jetta MT, now sold. EDIT: Got a Jetta DSG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
A fly in the ointment
After I put up an order for the glass it finally reached the service center after 15 days, which was an achievement going by the service adviser's earlier remark of 3 weeks. I was so happy that VW could take some time out for me and send me a replacement glass. God bless VW india for arranging the most complicated part of the car so early. Took the car to the service center and got it fitted immediately.

I shall update the thread with the pics once I am done with the photoshoot!!!
Congratulations and welcome to Jetta owners club. You got a sweet deal i must say. I am searching for a GT TSI in this price range and unable to fetch one and you cracked Jetta.

I would say, normally you will not have to wait more than 2 weeks for parts to become available. If you accept that as a fact, then things with this german is quite promising. With my 5 years of ownership, my car went for 7 times to workshop, 5 service and 1 VW software update + 1 small bonnet, bumper repair. So i have to say the reliability aspect is very much covered.

Get yourself a pete's remap, some detailing and then you are all set. Good luck!
Mission_PGPX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 13:56   #17
BHPian

Congrats on the new car from a fellow Jetta owner!
Did you not consider the MIB II as an upgrade?
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 14:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
All German cars depreciate like its nobody's business. My Jetta was invoiced at 18L in 2011 and now look at the money I paid for it. Since the initial depreciation is already taken care of, I hope it would not be that much the time I sell it off. The Superb which I was interested in to buy was 19-20L on road which was available for 6.8L in 4 years
Completely Agree to that! And the best part is, These cars, if maintained decently, have 75% of their Service life still left!.

Last edited by ajmat : 28th July 2017 at 14:17.
ishankpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 14:37   #19
BHPian

Congratulations neoonwheels!

Jetta MT is a better choice over Superb TSI MT as the latter is too cumbersome to manoeuvre and moreover, to park in our city traffic. Superb makes more sense if chauffeur driven.

By the way, does it have rear parking sensors/camera? If not, then I would suggest to get one fitted as reversing these cars can be tedious sometimes.

The DRLs looks great!

Wish you many happy miles with your Jetta!
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 15:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post

Jetta MT is a better choice over Superb TSI MT as the latter is too cumbersome to manoeuvre and moreover, to park in our city traffic. Superb makes more sense if chauffeur driven.

By the way, does it have rear parking sensors/camera? If not, then I would suggest to get one fitted as reversing these cars can be tedious sometimes.

The DRLs looks great!

Wish you many happy miles with your Jetta!
Yeh already got a reverse camera from AliExpress. Would be fitting it soon. The car also has parking sensors fitted but camera would be of great value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishankpatel View Post
Completely Agree to that! And the best part is, These cars, if maintained decently, have 75% of their Service life still left!.
Exactly. I went through a lot of Jetta threads here and on some other forums too, as I said, the common issues which I could gather are: battery, Fuel lid actuator and water pump. The water pump issue is also common with Skodas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Congrats on the new car from a fellow Jetta owner!
Did you not consider the MIB II as an upgrade?
Within my budget, there were no Skoda MIB cars available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Congratulations and welcome to Jetta owners club. You got a sweet deal i must say. I am searching for a GT TSI in this price range and unable to fetch one and you cracked Jetta.

I would say, normally you will not have to wait more than 2 weeks for parts to become available. If you accept that as a fact, then things with this german is quite promising. With my 5 years of ownership, my car went for 7 times to workshop, 5 service and 1 VW software update + 1 small bonnet, bumper repair. So i have to say the reliability aspect is very much covered.

Get yourself a pete's remap, some detailing and then you are all set. Good luck!
Thanks to folks like you, I could gather the much needed information on this beauty !!
Old 28th July 2017, 15:48   #21
BHPian

Congratulations neoonwheels on your Jetta!

Even I am thinking (just thinking, keep or sell dilemma is still there) to go for a pre-owned jetta. Like you I too own a 6 year old car. The itch is there to go pre-worshipped way. Since you also belong to Pune, had few questions.

Are there any good dealers in Pune? I see few ads on OLX but the prices seem on higher side. For Mumbai cars, did you just check the classifieds and talked over phone or requested for additional photos? How easy it is to get service history from seller or checking with VW service center is the only option?
Old 28th July 2017, 17:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Congratulations neoonwheels on your Jetta!

Even I am thinking (just thinking, keep or sell dilemma is still there) to go for a pre-owned jetta. Like you I too own a 6 year old car. The itch is there to go pre-worshipped way. Since you also belong to Pune, had few questions.

Are there any good dealers in Pune? I see few ads on OLX but the prices seem on higher side. For Mumbai cars, did you just check the classifieds and talked over phone or requested for additional photos? How easy it is to get service history from seller or checking with VW service center is the only option?
Are there any good dealers in Pune?
You will find that most of the Jettas available in Pune are with Om Cars. I guess this dealer gets cars from VW directly. May be owned by company/execs.

I see few ads on OLX but the prices seem on higher side
This can always be negotiated. For the 2014 Jetta which I initially wanted to buy was listed at 11.75L, I brought it down to 9.7L. He had listed it at a bloated price and then finally for 9.7L he said he is not earning much on its sale but just coz this segment car does not move fast, he has no choice but to let it go on minimal profit. The one I bought was listed for 8.75L but then eventually I bought it at 7.45L.

For Mumbai cars, did you just check the classifieds and talked over phone or requested for additional photos?
I always asked dealers to send over pics on WhatsApp. Then if I find it good, I used to call up VW Thane service for its service history. Finally if I am convinced, I used to visit the dealer. I made it a point to first shortlist at least 3 cars for a Mbai visit.

How easy it is to get service history from seller or checking with VW service center is the only option?
Since this seller has a counter at VW dealer, he has access to VW cars history. Other dealers asked me to verify service by calling up any VW dealer. Nowdays you get history from anywhere as mostly its centralized. As I said, VW Thane and Skoda Pune were most helpful.

Jetta is an ideal choice in that segment when it comes to pre-owned. This model does not have any known issues apart from the ones I mentioned and then these do not cost a bomb.

Water pump replacement is some 8-10K, Fuel Actuator is 3K and Battery is as per market and brand, mostly in 5-6K range. Hope I was able to answer your queries.

Last edited by neoonwheels : 28th July 2017 at 18:00.
neoonwheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 18:12   #23
BHPian

Lovely upgrade, the MT is an awesome option - looking forward to drive it

Any more upgrades planned for it?
Please upload your trademark HD pictures
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 18:16   #24
BHPian

Congrats on the Jetta. I just love its styling and stance.

How would you rate the Jetta compared to your Punto for high speed stability?
petroguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 21:05   #25
BHPian

German manufacturers have no match when it comes to ride and handling as compared to Japanese or even Americans. That's why Germany is heaven for Mechanical Engineers.
Congrats on your Pre-Worshipped Jetta. Always a better choice than to buy a raised up 'New Hatchback'.
blacklist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 23:33   #26
BHPian

Congratulations neoonwheels on the brilliant purchase! Made me look up options available on the net in Delhi as well, because for that money the Jetta is a steal.
Old 29th July 2017, 00:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Congrats on the Jetta. I just love its styling and stance.

How would you rate the Jetta compared to your Punto for high speed stability?
Well have not done much high speed runs in Jetta yet but I am sure it would be at least at par with Punto if not better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklist View Post
German manufacturers have no match when it comes to ride and handling as compared to Japanese or even Americans. That's why Germany is heaven for Mechanical Engineers.
Congrats on your Pre-Worshipped Jetta. Always a better choice than to buy a raised up 'New Hatchback'.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Lovely upgrade, the MT is an awesome option - looking forward to drive it

Any more upgrades planned for it?
Please upload your trademark HD pictures
You come here first and then we will go for a nice drive. I might go for Pete's remap after some time and when Vitamin M permits. Pictures are long due now, not getting enough time to go out for a drive and photoshoot.
Old 29th July 2017, 12:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Great catch there man, Jetta is a driver's delight, If you want it has enough modification potential to keep you glued to the car for years and years, I feel this is the best time to pickup a used jetta, Prices have gone down & honestly that slick shifting manual + Gem of an engine + Multilink suspension does wonders.

Also i hope you won't be doing the software update for the car, If you do, You will regret buying the jet.
Old 29th July 2017, 14:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Great catch there man, Jetta is a driver's delight, If you want it has enough modification potential to keep you glued to the car for years and years, I feel this is the best time to pickup a used jetta, Prices have gone down & honestly that slick shifting manual + Gem of an engine + Multilink suspension does wonders.

Also i hope you won't be doing the software update for the car, If you do, You will regret buying the jet.
Already its done while it was with its prev owner. More so reason for me to get the remap done.
Old 29th July 2017, 17:50   #30
BHPian

Congratulations! I love the Jetta too. VW products are well engineered and trustworthy. Try to keep calm with regard to their service centres. We all know their service is something they're yet to improve. I own a Polo and have a good experience with them, Touch wood.

Driver's side Glass shattering: The fear that most office parking do not have a security cam is worrying.
Boomerang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks