Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2019, 17:59   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: My pre-worshipped VW Jetta MT, now sold. EDIT: Got a Jetta DSG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish27 View Post
- I am getting a 75k run, October 2011 model, 1st owner run Jetta for ~sub 5L (is it a good buy)
- What all do I need to look in terms technical stuff etc. Insurance lapsing next month, which I will be renewing
- It runs just fantastic, I was simply amazed with the way car pulled up. Any technical point which should be sort after, or looked at before I go ahead and buy
- What has been your servicing expense in general. Is it generally high, expected et al. What I understand that the yearly maintenance cost will range around 20k. Which I am absolutely fine with.
Ajmat has already answered most of the questions. My experience with the MT was good but that clutch is too heavy and too long. I developed knee pain driving it around in Pune traffic which made me sell it off in 1 year. Recently I bought VW owned Jetta but this time in AT.

The car is pretty sturdy and does not require too much of attention. However, there are some parts which often fail in Jetta, Octy, Passat and Superb: ABS sensor, Battery, fuel lid actuator and water pump. My older Jetta had its ABS sensor failed which did cost me 1.5K to fix. Thankfully nothing other than this failed. I have bought 1 year add-on warranty on Jetta AT for that peace of mind.

The regular service should not cost more than 17-20K per year. 5-5.3L is good price for 75K run car, but you are staring at many parts replacement if not done already: Suspension (60-70K both), clutch (50-60K) and water pump (12K), tyres (30K) etc. Consider all this and then fix on a price.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th November 2019 at 06:18. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 9th November 2019, 13:59   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Got in touch with the dealer which quoted me 4K for the part + labor. Since one of my friends has his own garage, took the car to him to check if its loose connection/dirt etc and not the actual sensor. Turned out the sensor malfunctions and so ABS warning pops up on the MID randomly. He ordered the part and got it fitted in half an hour flat. The affair did cost me 850 + labor
I got a scan done and it shows both front and sensors need to be replaced. Can you share the details from where did you procure there sensor from?
Old 9th November 2019, 17:28   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugzy View Post
I got a scan done and it shows both front and sensors need to be replaced. Can you share the details from where did you procure there sensor from?
It was TuneUpPlus in Balewadi, Pune. The sensors nowdays are available easily so I am sure some FNG in Mbai can source and fit them for you.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 19:23   #94
Senior - BHPian

Small update

So its being 6 months since I bought the car but have not clocked much miles yet. Thought of pampering the car a little bit and called up a friend who does detailing. Below is review of his services:

Very first thing that impressed me even before Joe (Glosswerkz) started working on the car was the punctuality. He was present at the decided place sharp on time, this was amazing considering he and his team traveled from Mbai to Pune to work on my car !!

Joe is very polite and explained me the process of detailing thoroughly which in a way shows how passionate he is towards his work and it reflects. He and his team worked on the car for almost 7 hours and the result is awesome. The car is almost back to the showroom condition and the paint surface has become so smooth that even water droplets just fall off. All the swirl marks are gone and the shine is just too good.

Today couple of folks in my society even asked me if I have bought a new car and how come I got the car in same color again !!! This really speaks volumes about the work Joe and his team has done. Hats off!!!

Below are some clicks. A drive to Bhigwan is planned and will do a thorough photoshoot then.

My pre-worshipped VW Jetta MT, now sold. EDIT: Got a Jetta DSG!-steering.jpg

My pre-worshipped VW Jetta MT, now sold. EDIT: Got a Jetta DSG!-interiors.jpg

My pre-worshipped VW Jetta MT, now sold. EDIT: Got a Jetta DSG!-headlight.jpg

My pre-worshipped VW Jetta MT, now sold. EDIT: Got a Jetta DSG!-front.jpg

My pre-worshipped VW Jetta MT, now sold. EDIT: Got a Jetta DSG!-side.jpg

Last edited by neoonwheels : 27th November 2019 at 19:45.
neoonwheels is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 19:31   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I am a little late but congrats on the car. I too have a 2012 CL which has done 25K. The car is just awesome and I haven't had any issues till now, including the dreaded battery issue. Touchwood. I was also looking to upgrade to RCD330+. How is the unit overall? Is it an easy DIY job or does it require a bit of effort to install it? Thanks and enjoy the torque monster. Oh, BTW, if petes is still running their offer for remap get it done. 180+ bhp and 400nm is real fun (I got it done recently)!
Hi Shiva..!
I am planning to buy a pre owned 2014 Jetta CL myself. Wanted to ask about the remap. Does it pose any harm to the engine in terms of its life, mileage etc. Are there any downsides of getting it done ?

Also since the car has been discontinued now, does the spare parts availability coz any trouble?

Thanks in advance..!!
Old 1st February 2020, 21:04   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Small update

So its being 6 months since I bought the car but have not clocked much miles yet. Thought of pampering the car a little bit and called up a friend who does detailing. Below is review of his services:

Very first thing that impressed me even before Joe (Glosswerkz) started working on the car was the punctuality. He was present at the decided place sharp on time, this was amazing considering he and his team traveled from Mbai to Pune to work on my car !!

Joe is very polite and explained me the process of detailing thoroughly which in a way shows how passionate he is towards his work and it reflects. He and his team worked on the car for almost 7 hours and the result is awesome. The car is almost back to the showroom condition and the paint surface has become so smooth that even water droplets just fall off. All the swirl marks are gone and the shine is just too good.

Today couple of folks in my society even asked me if I have bought a new car and how come I got the car in same color again !!! This really speaks volumes about the work Joe and his team has done. Hats off!!!

Below are some clicks. A drive to Bhigwan is planned and will do a thorough photoshoot then.
Great thread Neonwheels...!!

I learnt a lot from your shared information during my car hunt...! I am going for checking out a 2014 model CL Jetta MT (70k km) tomorrow and hope to get it.

The owner mentioned that he hasn't got anything changed all this while (like clutch, water pump, timing etc.) so I hope I won't have to do it either.. coz spending a lakh rupees on a these things upfront wouldn't be very pleasant.

The service history has been clean with all of them done at VW workshops only and without any major mechanical repairs.

Could you suggest how do I check with the mileage of the car? And also the clutch and suspension... Since they haven't been replaced as per the owner atleast.

And how to check other parts that they havent been replaced from outside the VW workshops.?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st February 2020 at 21:28. Reason: Broken quote fixed.
atulanand13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 15:23   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulanand13 View Post
Great thread Neonwheels...!!

I learnt a lot from your shared information during my car hunt...! I am going for checking out a 2014 model CL Jetta MT (70k km) tomorrow and hope to get it.

The owner mentioned that he hasn't got anything changed all this while (like clutch, water pump, timing etc.) so I hope I won't have to do it either.. coz spending a lakh rupees on a these things upfront wouldn't be very pleasant.

The service history has been clean with all of them done at VW workshops only and without any major mechanical repairs.

Could you suggest how do I check with the mileage of the car? And also the clutch and suspension... Since they haven't been replaced as per the owner atleast.

And how to check other parts that they havent been replaced from outside the VW workshops.?

Thanks in advance
If the service history shows mileage on every check-in in proper order, I dont think there would be any changes done, like reset etc.

Since its run 70K, get the clutch and suspension checked at the service center. Usually they charge you 1000/- and do a thorough check which not only covers mechanical parts but also the electrical ones (Like lights, AC etc). Its important that the AC temp at outlet is 4C when its switched on. Anything more than this and you are looking at an expense from 10-40K (Compressor etc).

Its a fun car to own but as all Germans, its fun as far as it runs. I am more scared of looking at Christmas lights on console than my wife .
Old 3rd February 2020, 16:19   #98
BHPian

Quote:
If the service history shows mileage on every check-in in proper order, I dont think there would be any changes done, like reset etc.

Since its run 70K, get the clutch and suspension checked at the service center. Usually they charge you 1000/- and do a thorough check which not only covers mechanical parts but also the electrical ones (Like lights, AC etc). Its important that the AC temp at outlet is 4C when its switched on. Anything more than this and you are looking at an expense from 10-40K (Compressor etc).

Its a fun car to own but as all Germans, its fun as far as it runs. I am more scared of looking at Christmas lights on console than my wife .
Thanks for the reply. I will surely get it checked at the service center as you've mentioned.

The owner offered me to get the headlights changed at the cost of his insurance since one of them was slightly broken.
Question: The 2014 CL model comes with a halogen reflector headlamp. Is it possible to get the 2015 projector headlamp (as in your dp) to be fitted into the 2014 model? I guess even the 2014 HL came with projectors.
I even checked with a local workshop in Gurgaon and they said NO it can't be fitted but somehow I have seen 2014 models with projector headlamps and don't trust the workshop employees. Do you have any idea on this?

Also could we connect over watsapp.. I won't take much of your time and it would be really helpful to me since you have loads of knowledge for this car..!

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd February 2020 at 16:29. Reason: No back to back posts please. Posts merged.
Old 3rd February 2020, 16:44   #99
BHPian

Quote:
I guess even the 2014 HL came with projectors.
I even checked with a local workshop in Gurgaon and they said NO it can't be fitted but somehow I have seen 2014 models with projector headlamps and don't trust the workshop employees. Do you have any idea on this?
2014 HL always had HID projectors with Auto focus. I own a 2014 HL, hence confirming the same.

You can possibly get non-oem HL, without Auto focus.
Old 3rd February 2020, 17:23   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Question: The 2014 CL model comes with a halogen reflector headlamp. Is it possible to get the 2015 projector headlamp (as in your dp) to be fitted into the 2014 model? I guess even the 2014 HL came with projectors.
The BiXeonon projector headlamps in the HL version are not a direct drop in replacement in the CL. This will require lot of additional wiring, BCM update, AFS controller etc. I doubt any dealer will be capable of doing this. If you want better headlights, the best option would be to go for the HL version.
graaja is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 18:16   #101
BHPian

Thanks for the quick reply Graaja..! Well.. that comes as a bad news to.me as I've already bought the car.. nevertheless it's not a deal-breaker and only a cosmetic thing.
atulanand13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 19:10   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply Graaja..! Well.. that comes as a bad news to.me as I've already bought the car.. nevertheless it's not a deal-breaker and only a cosmetic thing.
You can check some headlights on the AliExpress which have HIDs. They are plug and play and wont require wiring changes. You would lose on AFS but at least you would get the HIDs and DRLs. Some look really cool.

Looks like I cannot PM you. You can drop me a mail (linkerror@gmail.com) and we can exchange numbers.

Last edited by neoonwheels : 3rd February 2020 at 19:12.
Old 3rd February 2020, 20:03   #103
BHPian

Quote:
You can check some headlights on the AliExpress which have HIDs. They are plug and play and wont require wiring changes. You would lose on AFS but at least you would get the HIDs and DRLs. Some look really cool.

Looks like I cannot PM you. You can drop me a mail (linkerror@gmail.com) and we can exchange numbers.
Thanks Neonwheels,

I am getting it changed via the owners insurance so AliExpress is out of picture.
Could you suggest the following:
1. From where could I get the dummy tweeter cap of the rear door? One of those is broken.
2. A good touchscreen music system with Bluetooth and android auto (similar to the stock one on highline models like RCD 330+).
I remember you got it changed and gave some links in previous threads but those links aren't working now.

P.S. Your mail id seems to be hidden.. maybe some teambhp guidelines.
Old 26th October 2020, 19:19   #104
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Hello there! Great thread! I've been eyeing some Jetta DSGs in NCR (and north) for under 8L (2014-16). Most of them have run about 50-90k and seem reasonable enough. I'm sick and tired of dealing with the Superb's part failures and A.S.C. not having any parts at all, ever. Does it make sense getting one in 2020? The other alternatives I have are Altis VL 1.8 CVT and City VX/ZX CVT (to be honest, wouldn't mind missing out a bit of driving dynamics for peace of mind as I've lost enough with Skoda)?

Last edited by vredesbyrd : 26th October 2020 at 19:21. Reason: Ayy lmao

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks