Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2018, 10:07   #136

Re: The 5th-Gen Hyundai Verna: 1st Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Apologies for the late reply. You just need the standard connectors they provide. I did not give him any diagram too. The system is working fine for me except -

1. Factory fitted rear-camera doesn't work. Had to install a third-party rear camera.
2. System is a little tight fit. Installer had to put in lot of efforts to get it in place. I am really afraid if I ever have to remove the system now - it is going to be a big challenge.

If you have any other queries, please ask.
Thanks for the reply Prathik,

I had asked the seller on the same question, on OEM cam compatible with the reverse camera, the seller asked me to buy a canbus. I purchased it along with the canbus and had fit it as per instructions...still not working. As you have mentioned, I will have to go for a third party solution.

Please recommend if I have to go with Trajectory Guidelines or Static Guidelines cam. Also where have you fitted the camera ? Awaiting your reply.

All apart, I am loving the unit. I heard the same is available in India at a much cheaper price
Old 27th February 2018, 11:22   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartrxm View Post
Thanks for the reply Prathik,

I had asked the seller on the same question, on OEM cam compatible with the reverse camera, the seller asked me to buy a canbus. I purchased it along with the canbus and had fit it as per instructions...still not working. As you have mentioned, I will have to go for a third party solution.

Please recommend if I have to go with Trajectory Guidelines or Static Guidelines cam. Also where have you fitted the camera ? Awaiting your reply.
I don't think Dynamic guidelines will work with this Android based system. I bought a 720p infrared rear cam and had it fitted on the rear bumper (had to drill a hole though). The original rear cam is still in it's factory position.

Quote:
All apart, I am loving the unit. I heard the same is available in India at a much cheaper price
Interesting. Do you know where it is available and for how much? When I bought it (around September last year), I had done extensive research and nothing was available for the new Verna back then.
Old 28th February 2018, 09:33   #138

Quote:
I don't think Dynamic guidelines will work with this Android based system. I bought a 720p infrared rear cam and had it fitted on the rear bumper (had to drill a hole though). The original rear cam is still in it's factory position.
Guess my only solution is to get a third party camera installed. Anyways dynamic guidelines are something that we can live without.

Quote:
Interesting. Do you know where it is available and for how much? When I bought it (around September last year), I had done extensive research and nothing was available for the new Verna back then.
I found a similar system available with one of my accessories guy for 20,000. I had spent 20k + 2K (for customs) on this.
Old 23rd April 2018, 16:30   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaln View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. What is your opinion about the twin tone seats, IMO they don't look nice. They have deleted some features like auto folding mirrors, which were available on the previous models.
I think the point about auto-folding mirrors is no longer true. Am I correct?
Old 6th March 2019, 02:12   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
I have read here in TBHP many such buying experience with various other showrooms but how much care as a customer we take to avoid this but still we are pushed to face all these.

I am sharing my experience with everyone here so that you are better informed about trident when you are dealing with them.
Thank you for such a detailed write up. Next time I am angwher near that place, m gonna walk up and eat their time n snacks and just to nag em would mention random incidents about their treatment to customers and leave the showroom making them feel the burn.
Old 6th March 2019, 07:38   #141
BHPian

Hey there. That's a nice write up. Read it in detail today. I guess you have been really lucky in having a dream buying experience. May god wanted you to have it. So smooth. Sorry to hear about the tyre though. Now waiting for a lovely travelogue or extended highway review

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks