Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2018, 17:27   #16
BHPian

re: Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd

Awesomely detailed post and equally good color.

Can you share a bit more about reverse parking sensor.
I have Figo diesel delivery due this week. I could really use info on this sensor.

Even I looked for silver but then found a Dec'17 model White with good discounts. So I finalized the white. Though I still feel Silver seems to be the best color to accentuate the curves in this car.

Happy mile munching.
saurabh041086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 19:44   #17
AYP
Senior - BHPian

re: Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
EXcellent post on detailed selection process and the initial experience!

Ford Figo diesel was the only other shortlisted car by me when I purchased my Punto Evo (Aug 2016). The difference was very, very small but what made me choose Punto Evo over Figo were the looks, clutch, NVH and seating and other such small factors.

But sadly (to me) it appears Punto is not even in the initial check-list by purchasers.
Thanks mate. The decision to leave out Punto was mainly due to the big question mark with regards to Fiat as a company, though I have heard good reviews about Fiat's service centre from fellow BHPian blackwasp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixash View Post
Great post and astute observations!

On the Elite i20 petrol, while I had read various reports noting that it feels underpowered, I was recently driven in one over the Republic Day long weekend, and if you keep the car in the powerband (above 2.5k RPM), the acceleration beyond this level is pretty good and she's able to keep up with most highway traffic. Lowdown torque is definitely an issue, guess this is a function of trying to squeeze higher fuel efficiency.

I drove a Ford Ecosport diesel (a Revv-car) from Delhi to Agra on the YEW, and the engine is a stonker, great pulling power and extremely tractable.

Enjoy your car and wish you many miles of safe driving!
Thanks mate. Driving the i20 or any car at higher RPM would lower the fuel efficiency drastically. Also, the 1.2 Kappa is by no means a scorcher, which I would love revving. It would have meant high NVH, average performance and poor fuel economy. I didn't find any other positive about the i20 petrol other than its build quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Neatly scripted ownership report.

Ford has increased the availability of child spare parts thereby bringing down the service costs. Also, the service relationship (Ford and dealer interaction with the customer are mandatory now) is far better than before.

Happy and Safe Motoring AYP.
True, Ford is really cheap on our pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Good report there Ayush and an excellent choice of car as well. With the daily rising cost of petrol, a frugal diesel totally makes sense. The Figo is one of my favourites and it is my first choice when I have to use a Zoomcar.

Spacious, practical and that 1.5 diesel mill. Also the upgrade to Titanium for just Rs. 30,000 is a no brainer.
Thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Beautifully written review AYP!!! Enjoyed reading it fully.

Silver suits the Figo very well. It was my choice of colour but I had to give in to my wife's liking of the Ruby Red shade.

Wish you many happy miles with the car and have fun owning it.
Looks like we own each other's favourite colour. Silver would have been my 2nd choice after Ruby Red. Glad you liked my review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Can you share a bit more about reverse parking sensor.
I have Figo diesel delivery due this week. I could really use info on this sensor.
This is Ford accessory. It costs 2.5k and doesn't come with any visual aid. It only beeps to tell you the distance between your car from an object. It is quite overpriced for a very simple system. But since I had latched onto the point that Figo is missing a lot of features right from my first visit to the showroom, I could get my SA to agree upon giving these sensors complimentary with the car . You should get the sensors installed from outside as they are much cheaper(around 1k) and also come with a visual aid which turns red/green/yellow depending on the distance of your car from the object. Do consult with Ford regarding any warranty issues though.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 20:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
The 'engine' just did it for me.
Good review mate! The opening post says it all!! Loved your review of the car and attention to detail in the pics. Felt your decision process was long drawn but you still managed to get what you eventually wanted.

Regarding the FE, I own a Diesel Titanium too but I have upsized the wheels to 195 55 R15. During city drives in Bangalore traffic I get anywhere between 15-17kmpl with AC on based on the density of traffic. On long drives, with the needle hovering between 90-110kmph, I have measured tankful to tankful of 20.5kmpl while MID showed ~22kmpl. But with spirited driving and some curvy ghat roads thrown into the mix, it is mostly in the ball park of 18-19.5kmpl. For reference, my car has done 15,000kms.

I have never tried the non-remote spare key so far but using the key in the remote fob itself triggers the alarm until i start the car. The alarm sounding when opening the boot with the car locked is probably by design and a safety feature to ensure the boot is not robbed with the car locked.

Congrats on getting a stonker of a car home! Wishing you many miles with the car!
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 22:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new Ford Figo Titanium Diesel!
I have an Aspire Diesel, bought in Nov15 & is nearing 50k Kms now.
I get mileage of 20+ on spirited driving on my way to office near IIT Delhi from Faridabad. To be honest this car begs to be driven fast (not rash, by any means).
The display shows till date mileage of 21.3 lol.
Hope that helps
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 07:52   #20
BHPian

Congratulations AYP!!!

Great to see that the Figo diesel was the final choice after evaluating almost every other car in the segment.
I have the Figo 1.5 diesel too and the average mileage so far is ~21.5kmpl(Current Odo ~77000KM, tyres -> 185/65/R14s, road conditions -> mostly single lane inter-town roads, driving style -> depends upon the mood, closer to spirited than sober!!)

Wish you loads of happy mile munching!!!!
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 10:57   #21
BHPian

Re: Conquering the heart and mind with my Ford Figo Titanium TDCI!

Quote:
2.The BHPians who own 1.5 TDCI Figo twins, what is the mileage you are getting? And what is your driving style and driving conditions. I am getting an average of around 17 with 65-35 usage in favour of highway with a foot that is slightly heavy on the accelerator.
Congratulations on your new Figo. I am sure you would love the drive.
I own the same model. On a tank to tank where i run mostly 90% city, I consistently get ~14kmpl. The best i have got is 23kmpl during Goa trip.
Quote:
3. A thing which I observed is that if I try to unlock the car with the standard key, the car alarm gets triggered and doesn't stop until I start the ignition. Also, if I try to open the boot manually with the key while the key while the car is locked, the alarm still gets triggered. Is this a normal behaviour?
Haven't tried the same yet in Figo. But the behavior you observed seems to be same as in our earlier WagonR.

Quote:
5. When the diesel level in the car is high(around 80% or more), I can hear the sound of diesel hurling inside the fuel tank. It is like how water sounds inside a bottle which is kept horizontally. The effect is much more pronounced when sudden brake is applied? Has anyone else experienced this with the Figo or any other car? I have never experienced this in any other car.
Strange. I haven't noticed the same.

Last edited by jayakumarkp : 6th February 2018 at 10:59.
jayakumarkp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 13:54   #22
BHPian

Congratulations. I went through the same cars while coming down to the ford once again.

Hijacking your thread to post my experiences as I feel almost the same as you do. The I20 though build very well, lacked efficiency and performance. The diesel is good but quite expensive. Almost booked the baleno petrol delta, but the build quality inside out was not making the cut. I run a car cleaning/detailing business and wasn't impressed by the plastic inside. It's quite thin and scratchy. The baleno 's which come to my shop for cleaning needs extra effort to hide the whiteness and scratches all over its interiors. The steering also feels dead at the center.

Started by finalising the figo diesel trend and eventually settled on the titanium. Had a white first generation figo so chose deep blue or smoke grey and couldn't get them for than two months of wait, booking and cancelling with two different dealerships and escalating to Ford. I was wondering why ford couldn't provide the colors for a car which is selling quite less. Only whites and silver were available.

Finally the SA confirmed about a red car which was being dispatched by Ford, but it was an Aspire. The discount was a bit more on the Aspire and in that two months, ford increased the prices twice as well as announced Diwali discounts. So it took by one hand and gave by other. Tired of all this, gave the green signal for the Aspire. Though I like the balanced look and practical nature of a hatch, and never thought to own a compact sedan, situation let me to settle on it.

Coming down to the car, it's a hoot to drive. Also, the ride is quite plush compared to the earlier figo. The build is definitely light but better than the maruti. Even the paint quality is better than the baleno. The red color on the outside and cream on the inside Is pain to maintain even for me.

I do hear a humming and buzzing sound from the passenger side seat belt area and few creaks from the right side door but chose to do nothing about it till 10000 kms.

In these 3700 kms, I have reset the average fuel economy figures thrice and it hovers around 23.4 km/l.
I do find instant fuel economy figures funny because it shoots to 99.9 if the accelerator pedal is released.

Even my car started honking when I used the spare key once. But it was only for the first time. Later on, it was as usual.

Enjoy your car and drive safe.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 15:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

@AYP, Congrats on the purchase.
One question- any reason why you didn't consider the Figo S?

That is the Titanium trim as well.

Regarding the fuel sploshing noise, it is normal.

Also on all doors, there is a round rubber piece fitted at the bottom which will easily fall off. I think it is to have a smooth closing of the doors when it locks with the body. My front doors rubber fell off and the closing sound seems a bit more now.

Last edited by tharian : 6th February 2018 at 15:28.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 16:28   #24
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. It has an excellent engine and low end torque availability is just superb. We took this new Figo from zoomcar for our new year trip in Gujarat for 6 days. We drove this across Gujarat for 1400 kms and fell in love with it. When I came back home and drove my last gen diesel Figo, it felt so heavy and hard to move.

The only downside we felt was light steering for highways as compared to previous gen Figo and that matches with what you have felt compared to Fiesta.

Wish you many many kms of driving and great ownership experience.
rahulba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 17:26   #25
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
@AYP, Congrats on the purchase.
Thanks mate.

Quote:
One question- any reason why you didn't consider the Figo S?
The Figo S was about 60k more expensive than the Figo Titanium. Didn't want to extend my budget further. There's no doubt that the Figo S would have made for a great choice.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 18:14   #26
BHPian

Re: Conquering the heart and mind with my Ford Figo Titanium TDCI!

Excellent review. Great details on how you came to your final choice. Would be helpful for many prospective buyers.

Quote:
3. A thing which I observed is that if I try to unlock the car with the standard key, the car alarm gets triggered and doesn't stop until I start the ignition. Also, if I try to open the boot manually with the key while the key while the car is locked, the alarm still gets triggered. Is this a normal behaviour?
Yes, even my Honda City has same feature. You have to unlock the car first using remote sensor. Trying to open the door/boot with key before unlocking triggers the alarm.
yogesh.8984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 19:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also on all doors, there is a round rubber piece fitted at the bottom which will easily fall off. I think it is to have a smooth closing of the doors when it locks with the body. My front doors rubber fell off and the closing sound seems a bit more now.
That door rubber bush is notorious for falling off. In around 15,000 kms, the driver side i have lost once and passenger door side twice. Only solace is that it is cheap to replace and I did not even know i had lost it unless JSP Ford tech noticed it. It is around 28 bucks each side to replace.
abhinav.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 16:21   #28
BHPian

I totally understand your way of finalizing the Figo, particularly the 'engine' part. Mine was a different story- for another day. I have the same car just that its T+. 37000 kms happy and still aching to gun it down the high way.

Never really bothered about mileage but the meter calls out an average of 19.4kmpl- did I stay this is my daily ride in Bangalore (enough said for the mileage). In some cases i have clocked in 850kms on a full tank ~36ltrs (indication to auto fuel dispenser cut off) in city driving about 500kms. So it really depends on how you drive and where you drive.

Z
zavegur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 17:11   #29
BHPian

Congratulations AYP for getting this beautiful car.
It is good to know that there are still some enthusiasts who trust Ford over others, as you have tested all pros and cons of almost all the top-selling cars and went for the Figo. I feel that the minimalist exterior of Figo outperforms the interiors 2:1, but the mill under the hood make up for it very well.
Amit_Kapoor4750 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 01:43   #30
AYP
Senior - BHPian

I went on my first long trip with my Figo the past weekend. Since it was an extended weekend due to Friday being a holiday, we decided to go to Goa. We took the Mumbai Pune Expressway and continued all the way on NH48 upto Kolhapur in Maharashtra. We passed through Belagavi in Karnataka and then continued upto Khanapur in Karnataka on NH48 after which we diverged to NH748 and continued on it until we reached Goa. This is the route to take if you plan to visit Goa. The roads are awesome all the way upto Khanapur(NH48). You do find minor and small patches of bad roads nearby Satara and a few diversions on your way, but otherwise the roads are great and you can do crazy speeds on these roads(especially from Satara to Kolhapur) if you wish to. Even the NH748 is decent and there is a nice stretch of ghat once you cross Belagavi. It is absolutely scenic. The whole ghat stretch is around 60km long. It will take you right into East Goa and then Old Goa before you finally reach your destination.

The car ran 1400km throughout the trip and I thoroughly enjoyed driving the car through the straight roads of NH48 and through the narrow, twisty and the ghat sections throughout the route and within Goa. The car was fully loaded with 5 people sitting in the car all the time with luggage. My friend's Dzire was also with us and it was even more loaded with luggage though the number of people in both the cars were the same. I also recorded my best and the worst ever fuel economy by tankful method in the last week. I filled up before leaving for Goa and the mileage which I got was 20.2km/l. The car had run 685km and had consumed 34L of fuel. I had topped up my car before leaving from Goa. I covered 550km before arriving at my place and since the fuel needle had gone beyond zero, I went to the petrol pump straight away and the Figo swallowed 39.97L of fuel making the total fuel consumption to be around 13.75km/l. I think that most of that can be attributed to the last 3 hours of return driving from Satara to my place.

Also, this whole trip has rekindled my love for the Figo. The way it pulls and pulls is truly awesome and there is no way I would have enjoyed so much had I gone with the Baleno, the Dzire or the Grand i10. And not only does it have power, it also has the chassis and the brakes(the brakes are excellent) to match the performance. I truly am glad with my decision and other than the lack of some features, the Figo is an excellent package. And hey, I am not just talking from driver's perspective. My friends praised the space in the car and commented about the seats being ultra comfortable. The only source of complaint being the lack of rear door pockets. But the seat back pockets more than compensate for it. Once, my senior who is 6'2 incidentally pushed the seat all the way back and yet the seat did not touch the knees of my friend who was sitting behind and her sleep was not disturbed . I hope that with the addition of features, the Figo twins will sell in higher numbers. This car has truly conquered my heart and mind.

A few pics-

Love the Aston Martin grill-

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-.facebook_1520352726181.jpg

Somewhere in Panjim-

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-img20180305wa0018.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-.facebook_1520352954711.jpg

The total distance covered-

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20180305_181013.jpg

The indicated mileage for the entire trip(as per my calculations, it is actually around 15.5)-

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20180305_181020.jpg

Last edited by AYP : 7th March 2018 at 01:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks