Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2023, 02:44   #61
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd

A few events-

1. Got the tyres changed to Conti UC6. Upgraded from the stock 175s to 185s. While I would have ideally wanted to stick to the stock size, the lack of UC6 in 175s and the favourable review of the UC6s vs the CC6s made me decide to go for the UC6. The UC6 also had higher speed rating as compared to the CC6.

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20230504_091340.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20230504_091349.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20230720_144646.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20230720_144707.jpg

The tyres are excellent and are super quiet. After experiencing these, I can't fathom how I was driving with such noisy tyres for such a long time. With the Apollos, I didn't have to even look at the road to know that I was driving on a concrete road, the sound was so prominent. These on the other hand, are super silent. I do miss the drama though, which took place when I gunned the pedal in the 2nd gear resulting in wheel spin. Of course, this had more to do with the condition of the tyres and not necessarily the quality and the size. I do find that the UC6 attracts much more debris in its treads as compared to the Alnacs.

2. A few months back, a scooty driver who was coming from the wrong side(in the middle lane mind you), hit an Innova on the fast lane and then came onto my car(in the middle lane, making a dent on the running board. While it is not a good sight, I am more worried about rust.

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20230712_113811.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20230712_113818.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20230720_144732.jpg

My queries-

i. Do I have anything to worry about? If yes, how do I remedy it?

ii. Worth claiming this under insurance?

iii. What do I do about the rust issue? I can get it painted but is it worth it?

3. Had an issue with the radiator fan. Got the same replaced under extended warranty. More details here-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ching-off.html (Engine vibrates for a few seconds, after switching it off)

4. Extended warranty-

Got the same for the 7th year. Costed me 11,880 which included a 10% discount.

5. Got the 6th year servicing done. Took the maintenance package which costed me 8k for 2 years/services.

6. Stereo upgrade-

The itch to upgrade the stereo is getting hard not to scratch. However, whenever I think of doing this, I am reminded of the extended warranty of my car. If do convince myself that this is not gonna affect the warranty, I start asking myself, why not get a stage 2 tune for the same amount of money? But since a stage 2 tune involves hardware changes, I end up back to square one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm in dire need of a 7 inch frame stereo fascia plate/frame for the Figo Aspire (pre-facelift). No shop has stock of this product, I've asked almost everywhere, from shops in my state to some shops in Delhi and Mumbai. I've got a Sony XAV 5500 stereo but no frame to fit it with. What shops do have is the 9 inch type for android stereos, that jut out of the center console and I hate that look, and I don't have plans to install android stereos as well.

If anyone could help me out here, I'd be really grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Try speaking to Amol (083694 84281)from Reliable Radio (Mumbai -Chembur) Just few months ago we got the frame and local android unit fitted by him.
Sai, were you able to source the frame? If I go end up going for a stereo upgrade, it'd be a 7 inch one. Is the frame similar to these-

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...PEAOEJSX&psc=1

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...USTFM20N&psc=1

It'd be great if the both of you can share a pic or two after the installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
Hey Guys I am looking to upgrade the head unit in my Figo S my18. I am looking at Sony xav 5500(7inch). But i am unable to procure a frame for the dashboard. Can someone suggest where I might find one?
Were you able to source the frame? If yes, can you post a pic or two post installation?

7. The current odo reading is at 34,1xx kms-

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20230811_190951.jpg

Last edited by AYP : 15th August 2023 at 03:04.
Old 15th August 2023, 14:42   #62
BHPian

Re: Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post

Sai, were you able to source the frame? If I go end up going for a stereo upgrade, it'd be a 7 inch one. Is the frame similar to these-

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...PEAOEJSX&psc=1

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...USTFM20N&psc=1

It'd be great if the both of you can share a pic or two after the installation.
Hi AYP,

Yes I was able to source the frame but with much difficulty. Literally 99% of the aftermarket accessories shops in my state (Kerala) did not have the 7 inch frame. They all only had the 9 inch android stereo frame. I was finally able to source the last remaining piece by luck from a shop in Kochi. He had reserved one piece for another customer who later didn't want it, so he gave it to me. The frame quality and finishing is pretty average but something is better than nothing I guess.

W.r.t to the Amazon links you shared, please try to contact the seller and confirm that the frame is the 7 inch frame. I also ordered a 7 inch frame from Amazon when I couldn't get it from anywhere else and when it arrived, it turned out to be the 9 inch one and i had return it.

As for the photos, I don't have the car with me right now as I'm out of station. When I'm back, I'll PM the before and after photos with you along with the contact number of a dealer from Mumbai who had one piece in his stock (I had contacted him earlier for the frame and he didn't have it then, I since got the frame from kochi and some weeks later this guy called because he had one piece in his stock).

Last edited by SaiSW : 15th August 2023 at 14:45.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 17:28   #63
BHPian

Quote:
A few events-
Were you able to source the frame? If yes, can you post a pic or two post installation?
Yes I was able to source a seven inch frame got a installed a Sony XAV 5500. I was very certain that I won't compromise with one of those ginormous tablets on the dashboard.

Somethings to note -
>The fit and finish of the frames are different with different vendors. Mostly Piano finish or matt. I have seen only one seller selling a silver frame. He had one piece. however it had a clamp broken.
>There are frames which are originally 9 inches. but vender provides a seven inch bracket or frame to make the seven inch unit fit into it.
>Sony 5500 is a single din unit. Fits like a charme.
Pioneer 4450BT which is in the same price bracket is a double din unit. You need to chip a plastic panel inside the dash to fit it.

Dm me if need any more information on this. Happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
As for the photos, I don't have the car with me right now as I'm out of station. When I'm back, I'll PM the before and after photos with you along with the contact number of a dealer from Mumbai who had one piece in his stock (I had contacted him earlier for the frame and he didn't have it then, I since got the frame from kochi and some weeks later this guy called because he had one piece in his stock).
I guess when we spoke you mentioned you picked up the frame from the Mumbai guy I shared the details of?. Was that the last stock?
Attached Thumbnails
Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-photo-vaibhav-lakhotia.jpg  

Last edited by Redline Shooter : 23rd August 2023 at 17:50.
Redline Shooter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 16:05   #64
AYP
Senior - BHPian

A few minor upgrades, and a major one-

1. I upgraded the HU of my car to the Pioneer Z6350BT-

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20231115_010504.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20231115_015944.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20231113_192606.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20240305_204319.jpg

More details on this thread-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...h-z6350bt.html (My frustrating, yet fruitful journey of ICE'ing up my Ford Figo with the Pioneer DMH-Z6350BT)

2. Rear dashcam-

While I had installed the front dashcam way back in 2019, the lack of a rear dashcam was always there at the back of my mind. While a dual channel dashcam would have been the ideal solution, getting a system with the same quality as my front dashcam would have costed me at least 10k. An upgrade in real terms would have costed around 20k. Hence decided to go for a standalone rear dashcam while saving that extra money for a Viofo triple channel in the future. Went for the DDPAI Mini Pro-

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0C...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is how it looks from the outside-

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20240211_123640.jpg

This is how it looks from the inside-

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20240211_123715.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20240211_160001.jpg

3. Wireless charger-

I wanted to complete the wireless trio, i.e. wireless AA, wireless CP and wireless charger.

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20231114_023809.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20240305_200034.jpg

I ordered it from Alibaba. Can charge phone with a max speed of 15W. Total cost was 14USD(inclusive of shipping).

4. Cupholder with wireless charger-

Ever since I had installed the front armrest, my cupholders had become redundant. I tried a couple of cupholders over the last few years but none of them worked until this one.

Amazon link-

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0C...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20231114_023207.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-screenshot_20231102113346_amazon.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20231115_014713.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20231124_211407.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20231124_211413.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20231124_212044.jpg

While I don't sip on a beverage too often in my car but when I did, I had to use the bottle holder which was quite inconvenient and unergonomic. This cup holder has finally solved that problem. The base of it fits in the 1st cupholder and is then tightened. It fits perfectly ahead of the armrest.

It has its cons though. While using the cupholder, the handbrake lever gets too close to it. Also, while having long sized cups like Starbucks Venti for instance, the gears have to be slotted meticulously. So while this is not an ideal solution, it is definitely the best I have come across given my situation with the armrest.

The idea of getting a cupholder like this came to my mind after I got myself a wireless charger. If this idea had come to my mind before getting the stand-alone wireless charger, I may not have ordered it. However, I have very recently started using 2 phones- an iPhone and an Android. So it all worked out in the end.

5. The Figo does not come with a light at the rear and this made using the phone's flash a must many times. I went through this thread by Reinhard-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...olo-nexon.html (DIY Install | Adding a Rear Cabin Roof Light in 3 Cars | Ignis, Polo, Nexon)

But neither do I have the technical skill nor the heart to take the steps that he took. During my research, I came across this Baseus option-

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-31cr68r9ql._sl1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered it but had to return it for 3 reasons-

a. The magnetic adhesion wasn't very strong.

b. There was no way to hang it.

c. Even if I was able to stick it permanently, the switch to turn it off or on is at the back of it, making it quite inconvenient.

I came across some other light options similar to Baseus but poor reviews kept me away. I also came across some battery operated options but was apprehensive of having batteries in the car. I finally came across this option-

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20240322_091852.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20240322_091909.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20231122_093720.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20231123_204237.jpg

Amazon link-

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had earlier tried to keep it at a fixed place but it gave more of a footwell lighting vibes.

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20231103_170836.jpg

I keep it on auto(it detects motion) and as per my usage, I get around 2 weeks of usable life out of it before it needs to be charged.

6. 12V Splitter-

Due to my increasing power demands, I decided to order a 12v Splitter. The reasonably priced ones on Amazon had terrible reviews. Finally decided to order one from Alibaba. Costed me 18 USD but had to pay another INR 744 in addition to customs. The same is available on Amazon for 5k and on Amazon USA for around 20$.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-61oivlv1qvl._sl1500_.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20240305_195958.jpg

There are 2 ports in the first charger. 1 is connected to the front dashcam whereas the 2nd one has a short USB C cable for charging my phone. The 2nd charger has 3 slots, one of which powers the rear dashcam while the others power the wireless chargers. In addition, the splitter itself has 2 more USB A ports and 1 USB C port. It has a total rated output of 200W.

One other major reason why I went for a splitter is to cut off the power to the dashcams and any accessory when the car is switched off. In typical Ford fashion, the 12V outlet stays alive even after the car is turned off. The splitter has 2 switches on the sides which allow me to cut off the power to either of the chargers which is a boon. While it's still not as convenient as the power switching off automatically, it is much better than having to remove the whole thing after turning off the car and fitting it back in later.

I can't deny that installing the splitter along with the other accessories have resulted in a busy look. There are also the wires which are connected to the HU- USB C, Aux and HDMI. I did choose function over form.

7. Centre roof lamp-

Installed the lights from the Fiesta-

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20240305_200309.jpg

8. LED Lights-

No, I am not talking about using LEDs in the reflectors. I am using the good old Osram Night Breaker 200 which is supposed to be Osram's best halogens. I did upgrade the front parking lamps, rear number plate lamps, boot light and the centre roof lights to Osram T10 LEDs. Costs Rs. 387 a pair.

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20230823_192856.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20230823_192923.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20230825_094711.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20230825_094718.jpg

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20240305_200301.jpg

9. Protective sleeve for camera wire-

The power for the rear camera has been taken from the left tail lamp. However, a small bit of the wire was exposed and was getting squished. I also noticed that water was also passing through this while passing from the channel at the rear. Hence, I decided to get a protective sleeve for this exposed bit of wire.

Conquering the heart & mind with my Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium! Now Code6'd-20240211_123656.jpg

Link-

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So, this completes the facelift of my car. Let's see what the future holds.

Last edited by AYP : 22nd March 2024 at 16:08.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 08:02   #65

Did you do any speaker upgrades and if yes please do enlighten me on them ��
StormShadow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 14:52   #66
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShadow View Post
Did you do any speaker upgrades and if yes please do enlighten me on them ��
I haven't done any speaker upgrade as of date. If I were to undertake an upgrade, I would go for the Polk DB 6502 components.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 13:48   #67
BHPian

Quote:
A couple of events took place recently-

Event 1-

I got to use one of the least used feature of the Figo, or for that matter, any car. The warning triangle .
The same thing happened to me today on an ecosport ecoboost. The gear won't simply slot out of first and is just moving around freely like it's not connected to it. I knew instantly what happened. Thankfully this happened right after I got out of my parking lot and I am " stranded " in my apartments.
Do you think this part can be replaced at home by a mechanic?
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 14:11   #68
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
The same thing happened to me today on an ecosport ecoboost. The gear won't simply slot out of first and is just moving around freely like it's not connected to it. I knew instantly what happened. Thankfully this happened right after I got out of my parking lot and I am " stranded " in my apartments.
Do you think this part can be replaced at home by a mechanic?
If the part is available and the mechanic knows what he is doing, then I don't see any reason why it can't be replaced at home. You may refer to this video-

AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2024, 10:53   #69
BHPian

Quote:
If the part is available and the mechanic knows what he is doing, then I don't see any reason why it can't be replaced at home. You may refer to this video-

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Z_-AprA0SZc&t=118s
I'm going to use the RSA and just tow it to Ford. Took her for a short spin and she drives fine, just stuck in first. Since you used the RSA, could you let me know if it's free or there is some fee to tow it, apart from the yearly subscription? I've never used RSA so I have no idea.
Old 12th April 2024, 11:15   #70
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
I'm going to use the RSA and just tow it to Ford. Took her for a short spin and she drives fine, just stuck in first. Since you used the RSA, could you let me know if it's free or there is some fee to tow it, apart from the yearly subscription? I've never used RSA so I have no idea.
It depends. If you have taken RSA separately from Ford or if you have RSA included in your insurance policy, the towing shall be free. If not, you will have to pay the towing charge.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 11:46   #71
BHPian

Quote:
It depends. If you have taken RSA separately from Ford or if you have RSA included in your insurance policy, the towing shall be free. If not, you will have to pay the towing charge.
Got her towed using RSA today. Is there anything else like this stupidly designed part that I should get changed too? Anything else that you are aware of?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks