Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2018, 15:48   #31

Re: My 2018 Maruti Swift ZXi+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_mo View Post
Thats really long driving! Thanks for sharing details. My odometer reading is 720kms. Mileage in display is 18.3. Car has not moved out of bangalore yet.
I also tried my friend's vxi version. The feel was different. Can it be because of 1" smaller tires?
I also have same observations with 2nd gear,steering and brakes.
Please do share experience with Continental tyres! Congrats on your first post
I didn't go by the fuel efficiency displayed, I did a tank to tank check. The VXI feels different only because of the smaller tyres.

I usually go a size wider without changing the profile because the roads I drive on are pretty bad. The continental MC5's are brilliant tyres. I have used 2 sets of MC5's by now on my 2013 Swift ZDI. They lasted me for about 25,000 KMS each because they have been driven really hard. The bite from the tyres is really good, you point where you want to go and the tyres make sure the car goes that way. Wet weather grip is good, the sidewalls are soft, so the ride feels better as well. And 90 percent of time, the car was used in the ghats and I had a blast driving on them. Take my word for it, the MC5's are excellent in just about every parameter and it is extremely predictable on the limit.

Last edited by 9kamranmohammed : 23rd March 2018 at 15:52.
9kamranmohammed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 17:50   #32
BHPian

First free inspection done. Worst experience at Kalyani Motors Banerghatta road. Car was given at 9:30 am. At 11:30, received message of completion. Was charged for 234 rs for some idiotic nitrogen filling and some cleaning agent in wiper wash. Initially service agent said, approx 200 rupess are required for some consumables.
I doubt whether I will do service here again.
Car has no niggles/issues so far.
Moto_mo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 07:43   #33
BHPian

Quote:
First free inspection done. Worst experience at Kalyani Motors Banerghatta road. Car was given at 9:30 am. At 11:30, received message of completion. Was charged for 234 rs for some idiotic nitrogen filling and some cleaning agent in wiper wash. Initially service agent said, approx 200 rupess are required for some consumables.
I doubt whether I will do service here again.
Car has no niggles/issues so far.
Ummm, I fail to see the 'worst' part in your post. Is it because they filled Nitrogen in the tyres and filled the windscreen washer with a cleaning agent? If yes, then you can plainly deny these during the second service as they do not add any value. Other than that, I cannot understand why you had a bad experience, you got the car back in time and I'm sure you know that first service for most cars is only routine checks and nothing else.

Last edited by Porschefire : 30th March 2018 at 07:45.
Old 30th March 2018, 17:40   #34
BHPian

I should have written "Average experience". My bad. The reasons behind this:

1. It is supposed to be a free inspection.
2. In morning, I asked for reason of amount that was supposed to be charged. I got reply ,"consumables". I thought, allright, maybe some fluids here and there.
3. In the bill, under the title "Demanded/suggested" , I got charged with details as 'Nitrogen filling' , which I neither demanded, nor the service executive suggested at first place.

Anyway, the amount is small and other than this, there is no issue.
so, in the conclusion, the experience was unpleasant because of lack of transparency.
Moto_mo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 20:44   #35
BHPian

Friends, I own a 2010 Swift Vdi and plan to buy Dzire or Swift shortly. The only one thing i dislike in my swift is the rattling from door pads. How is the quality of plastics in the new swift/dezire? Are they put together properly? Is there rattling? Thanks.
Old 31st March 2018, 00:58   #36
BHPian

Quote:
In the bill, under the title "Demanded/suggested" , I got charged with details as 'Nitrogen filling' , which I neither demanded, nor the service executive suggested at first place.

Anyway, the amount is small and other than this, there is no issue.
so, in the conclusion, the experience was unpleasant because of lack of transparency.
This kind of thing is quite common across all brands. During the 10k service of our Ecosport, the SA took a print out of the estimate (that he had made) & asked for my signature. Upon close inspection of the estimate, I found out that wheel alignment & balancing were including in the bill & the description was written as "Customer Demanded". I made my SA remove these things from the estimate & as a result the overall bill was reduced by around Rs. 700-800. So, I would advice you to go through the initial estimate properly before leaving the car for servicing. I am sure that when your car goes for the 10k service, alignment & balancing would be included along with some other useless things.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 31st March 2018 at 01:03.
chiranjitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 09:26   #37
BHPian

Congratulations buddy on your smashing Red Swift

Got a sense of deja vu since Swift was my dream car and the first car I owned way back in January 2006(launched in May 2005 and I booked in June).It was a breath of fresh air during those days with a funky styling and powerful engine(for a hatch).It was regarded as a super hatch during those days(had only Getz during those days).

The red color is awesome,I was spellbound seeing one a couple of weeks back with the new alloys

Am sure you would have a great ownership experience.
joy_swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 14:36   #38
BHPian

Congratulations Moto_mo for an absolute gem of an acquisition. If i am not wrong yours is the first Swift 2018 on TeamBHP to be reviewed. I am also s Swift fanboy albeit 2nd Gen Petrol- VXI in Red. This hue looks gorgeous on Swifts and yours is no exception. What makes it stand apart are the beautiful well designed alloys.
CornerCarver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 14:00   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Thats really long driving! Thanks for sharing details. My odometer reading is 720kms. Mileage in display is 18.3. Car has not moved out of bangalore yet.
I also tried my friend's vxi version. The feel was different. Can it be because of 1" smaller tires?
I also have same observations with 2nd gear,steering and brakes.
Please do share experience with Continental tyres! Congrats on your first post
Congratulations on your purchase! The color looks smashing.

18.3 kmpl is a very commendable figure for Bangalore city driving. I have recently purchased a Vxi AMT. Have clocked around 500+ kms. The MID mileage is around 13 Kmpl.
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 17:38   #40
BHPian

Congratulations on the New Swift Zxi Plus. It looks good in red. I purchased the same trim but in MN blue colour. Enjoying the ride so far and ownership review is being done slowly.
Few pics of my car.
Attached Thumbnails
My 2018 Maruti Swift ZXi+-img_8182.jpg  

My 2018 Maruti Swift ZXi+-img_8183.jpg  

Lemon is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 09:16   #41
BHPian

Hello guys,
I have a few queries:

How is the drive on bad roads?

How is the steering at high speeds. Does it weigh up pretty well like the previous generation car.

I have a swift dzire first generation done 95k km was thinking of giving it and getting this.

I'm still in 2 minds.

Enjoy your drive.
Old 2nd January 2019, 15:35   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
Hello guys,
I have a few queries:

How is the drive on bad roads?

How is the steering at high speeds. Does it weigh up pretty well like the previous generation car.

I have a swift dzire first generation done 95k km was thinking of giving it and getting this.

I'm still in 2 minds.

Enjoy your drive.
Swift drives pretty ok on urban bad roads. Never tried offroading. but drove to Munnar from Bangalore before kerala disaster. Road construction was going on in ghat sections but still I was able to drive with ease. Can not comment about previous gen steering wheel because I have driven only zoom car swift. Apologies for delayed reply
Old 2nd January 2019, 16:11   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerCarver View Post
Congratulations Moto_mo for an absolute gem of an acquisition. If i am not wrong yours is the first Swift 2018 on TeamBHP to be reviewed. I am also s Swift fanboy albeit 2nd Gen Petrol- VXI in Red. This hue looks gorgeous on Swifts and yours is no exception. What makes it stand apart are the beautiful well designed alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Congratulations buddy on your smashing Red Swift

Got a sense of deja vu since Swift was my dream car and the first car I owned way back in January 2006(launched in May 2005 and I booked in June).It was a breath of fresh air during those days with a funky styling and powerful engine(for a hatch).It was regarded as a super hatch during those days(had only Getz during those days).

The red color is awesome,I was spellbound seeing one a couple of weeks back with the new alloys

Am sure you would have a great ownership experience.
Thanks for good word! Alloys are attractive. Always remind me of a hotwheel toy car's wheels
Attached Thumbnails
My 2018 Maruti Swift ZXi+-cars.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2019, 17:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your Brand New Swift ZXI+! I've always fancied owning a Swift but never realized that dream. I've been ogling at the Swift from 2005 when it was time to replacing my 6 yr old Hyundai Accent, then, loved the way it handled, but my wife put her foot down and said no "downgrading" from Accent to Swift! I drove one on the highway for 350kms (belonging to a relative) and loved it.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 19:16   #45
BHPian

Reviving an old thread, first of all, Congratulations on your new car, somehow I am in love with this design, planning to buy one just for the sake of it & will get it completely modded, please update this thread with your experiences so far, Thanks!

Most Viewed