Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2019, 19:42   #46
BHPian

Re: My 2018 Maruti Swift ZXi+

Congratulation on the car. It looks very good especially in red. Swift has always been a dream for most teenagers in the early 2000s. It looked very modern even then and now it has only beaten itself.
Wish you loads of happiness and memories with it.
The interiors especially all black gives it a more sporty feel. My father calls it Bhartiya Mini and he isn't wrong with it.
My extended family is too looking to replace their 2008 Swift. Would have blindly gone with this if they had used some thicker metal and made a bit more heavier.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 09:20   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post
Reviving an old thread, first of all, Congratulations on your new car, somehow I am in love with this design, planning to buy one just for the sake of it & will get it completely modded, please update this thread with your experiences so far, Thanks!
Thanks Don, Sure will update the thread. I am about to clock 10k mark. Once it is done, will upgrade the thread for sure. I also have a mod-wish list.Lets see if we can share info and experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Congratulation on the car. It looks very good especially in red. Swift has always been a dream for most teenagers in the early 2000s. It looked very modern even then and now it has only beaten itself.
Wish you loads of happiness and memories with it.
The interiors especially all black gives it a more sporty feel. My father calls it Bhartiya Mini and he isn't wrong with it.
My extended family is too looking to replace their 2008 Swift. Would have blindly gone with this if they had used some thicker metal and made a bit more heavier.
Yeah, I too wish the sheets would have been better. I feel vibrations on door handles even if a RE motorcycle is standing near me at a traffic signal.
By the way, captured this pic a month back. Bhartiya Mini look, confirmed!

Attached Thumbnails
My 2018 Maruti Swift ZXi+-swiftmini.png  

Last edited by Moto_mo : 22nd September 2019 at 09:41. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi quote option (Quote+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
Moto_mo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 08:23   #48
BHPian

Moto_mo, your Bharatiya "Cooper" actually looks better than the 5 door countryman!
Love the Red and Blue shades the best, and these look drop dead gorgeous with the LED DRL's.

Being an owner of all 3 generations, I feel that the quality of panels (gauge) has come down over the decade. My 2007 swift was solid in comparison.
Point to note that the interior plastics are much better in the newer generation and no rattles till date. (Not driven much to experience it).

Both my older cars started rattling before 1000kms (Lxi Black 2007, 1.3L petrol and Vxi White, 2012) but this one has beaten that record! Mine is a new Midnight Blue ZXi+, in the automatic avatar this time. This car may not have the heart and soul unlike the previous generations, but is still oodles of fun even in its automatic avatar! It's a true pocket rocket! And boy, this car has got brilliant pick up from the low end range itself!!D

Mind you, the Swifts have had a fantastic resale value! I recovered 50% (5 years) on the black with 90,000kms on it and 60% ( 7 years) on the white with 75,000kms on it.
Old 5th October 2019, 09:04   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advenk999 View Post

Being an owner of all 3 generations, I feel that the quality of panels (gauge) has come down over the decade. My 2007 swift was solid in comparison.
Point to note that the interior plastics are much better in the newer generation and no rattles till date. (Not driven much to experience it).
Arent those two statements contradictory? Older generations had harder and better plastics which did not rattle much. Cannot say of the newer generations as haven't owned one. But few test drives suggest they are of almost the same quality as the previous gen and won't be a surprise if it starts smelling under heat and rattles post few thousand kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advenk999 View Post
Mind you, the Swifts have had a fantastic resale value! I recovered 50% (5 years) on the black with 90,000kms on it and 60% ( 7 years) on the white with 75,000kms on it.
This somewhere may suggest that white colours have better resale value than others. Resale of Maruti is envious and sometimes it can surprise the owner as well. We bought a Wagon R in 2010 for 4.1 lakhs on road (including everything) and sold it in 2017 with 49k kms on the odo for 2.2 lakhs. That's again nearly 60% which is stupendous.
Old 5th October 2019, 15:58   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Arent those two statements contradictory? Older generations had harder and better plastics which did not rattle much.
We'll, as contradictory as it sounds, it's probably my personal experience. The metal gauge was better on the older car, but it was a rattle bin (interior) especially on the door pads and glovebox. Couldn't be resolved by MASS at all. Learnt to love with it by playing good music and not bothering about it on both my older cars.

I guess the interior panels on the newer ones are better fitted/screwed and probably a reason for no rattle till date. I'm sure you would be right about the rattle someday!
Also, the car has just driven 1000kms, it has surpassed the record of the other two which started rattling way before 1k kms. Too early to say.

Resale wise, white is King. A 7 year old Maruti will still sell at great prices. This was the price given by TrueValue. Imagine at what price they could sell in the market upon adding their margin.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th October 2019 at 11:31. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags.
advenk999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 15:20   #51
BHPian

Hi guys,

Was unable to find an apporpriate thread, so posting this here.

I purchased my Swift VXi in November of 2018 from Vitesse at Prabhadevi, Mumbai.

After the 15k km service, the car returned with an extremely weird problem, as detailed below.

The revs of the car build steadily till 2000 RPM, at which point, the RPM shoots to between 4000-4500, without the car going anywhere at all. It's a 5-speed manual car, but this problem occurs in every gear, even in 5th and the instrument cluster shows the car the 'upshift' logo even when in 5th (extremely weird for me).

What could the problem be? The tire pressures are proper, I fill from 2 or maybe 3 highly trusted petrol pumps and the car is serviced at the correct intervals of 5k km at the authorized MASS.

It has become annoying, to the point where a few days back, as I was out for an emergency purpose, the car started giving up gears and I fear the worst - that the clutch is completely shot. I limped home with my ride and she is in warranty, but I don't know the problem and I don't know if I can trust Vitesse or MASS with the actual issues in the car.

Vitesse has asked me to bring the car in for a once over tomorrow and if the clutch has a 'manufacturing defect', they will replace it under warranty. But how do I know the manufacturing defect is present or not?

Would REALLY HIGHLY appreciate help on this.

NOTE TO MODS: Please move to any relevant thread, as required. Sorry for posting this randomly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks