Team-BHP - My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/196709-my-pre-owned-skoda-yeti-edit-remapped-wolf-moto-now-stage-3-a-14.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by M35 (Post 5713011)
The VRS Green it is!
Attachment 2569405

More details and pictures on a separate thread:

That's an awesome makeover, I guess.

I remember, one Octavia VRS in the similar Java Green colour owned by fellow BHPian, Prithwi-81 :thumbs up

Took my camera gear along for a photo shoot this afternoon!
In the beautiful diffused evening light, the colour does pop!

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-p2091464.jpg

A glimpse of how it all started way back in November and the final finish!

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-screen-shot-20240218-22.43.50.png

Update: 1,38,000 km

Did a solo 1000 km drive in 24 hours earlier this week - Palakkad- Pollachi-Dindigul-Tanjavur- Velankanni and back (via Coimbatore). Pure bliss- in terms of Performance. I am so glad that Jayanth @engineering exponents in Bangalore was able to install the big and performance brake kit to perfection. Such a key upgrade for the power hike. Prior to the trip, I had the Liqui Moli Ceratec added. Once the engine gets to the right temperature after adding this, the engine refinement is ultimate. I always add the Ceratec at least after some 3000 km post the engine oil change.

Anyone who has owned or owns and has experienced the Skoda Yeti for what it offers, will appreciate this video.
https://youtu.be/FEFAu8fT8fY?si=IrkC4W2tlusTbFMu

Update: 1,39,xxx km

A couple of rubber seals for the running board on either side needed to be imported. It took close to 3 weeks for the same and thanks to Jayanth @ Engineering Exponents sourcing this and shipping this over. The older seals were kind of looking out of place after the makeover!

Forgot to post that there have also been other minute detailing done which have made the interior blend in well with the exterior colour.

1. Double stitched in Green laminations on the floor mats and also the boot mat.
2. The double stitches on the seats are all now green
3. The soft shoulder pads on the seat belts are also Green coloured!

With the seats and interior/floor being all black, these touches make the interior very sporty. Sharing the available pictures for now.

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-2575913d1708683536tskodayetimakeoverstage3insidehotvrsgreenoutsideimg_20240223_174637.jpg

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-2575912d1708683524tskodayetimakeoverstage3insidehotvrsgreenoutsideimg_20240223_174659.jpg

Here is one proper tribute video about the Skoda Yeti. From Petrol Ped.
These Brit reviewers and YouTubers are very factual and do have a very high quality standard in their presentations.
https://youtu.be/cdyfAWY6UKE?si=IEacmifIjtMFdHro

8 minutes of nothing but praise from the worlds most famous automotive critic:

https://youtu.be/E7kEJ-pHkWA?si=RMqrCRlNNfxksikO

Probably the best compliment to any car ever from Top Gear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMG Power (Post 5728217)

https://youtu.be/E7kEJ-pHkWA?si=RMqrCRlNNfxksikO

Probably the best compliment to any car ever from Top Gear.

Indeed!
I saw this episode when I was in England in March 2011. I had seen and tested the Yeti in India but hadn’t seriously considered buying it. Those were the days where I was still in the ‘real estate’ and ‘size’ mind set when it came to cars.
That episode on Top Gear resolved me to go find the nearest Skoda Dealer around Watford/ St Albans where I was parked. And I test drove their Yeti and became interested. A couple months later I was in Australia and again I took time out to visit a Skoda Dealership - they were quite surprised because Skoda hadnt built any real ‘name’ yet in AU at the time. Anyway that visit kind of ‘decided’ me on the Yeti and once I came back, I launched Operation Silver BigFoot, acquiring my own Yeti in Nov/ Dec 2011. I had it for 8 wonderful years and regretfully letting it go in Dec 2019. What a lovely car it was!
I still miss it and twinges now and then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 5728208)
These Brit reviewers and YouTubers are very factual and do have a very high quality standard in their presentations.
https://youtu.be/cdyfAWY6UKE?si=IEacmifIjtMFdHro

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMG Power (Post 5728217)

A Yetian like me with the car being an extension of my own body, these videos won't cut it at the moment. :D
PS: I was approached by a couple of people to publish a story on my Yeti makeover. I didn't commit obviously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 5728631)
I had it for 8 wonderful years and regretfully letting it go in Dec 2019. What a lovely car it was!
I still miss it and twinges now and then.

That looks like a very well maintained Yeti! Hmm.

My Green!
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-p2091393.jpg

It was truly delightful to go through each and every mod that your beast has carefully gone through. clap:
I have few questions though based on my experience from Laura 2.0 TDI 5-MT (same as that of your Yeti's stock configuration).

1. I believe yours is MQ-250 5-MT gearbox. Is there something that you had upgraded to the gearbox while upgrading to Stage2/3 ? Facing any issues?

2. What upgrades have you brought in for the clutch system ? What is the clutch setup currently running ? Have you also changed clutch release fork during clutch replacement ?

3. Do you notice clutch release bearing noise especially during cold start or after heavy long drive ?

I always find the clutch mechanism on my Laura 5-MT should have been more engaging especially while releasing the C-Pedal. Which means, I couldn't feel any torque generated until C-pedal is released for 10-15%, feel kind of dead/play. Because of which I find the clutch engagement during standstill is NOT that engaging. Do you feel the same ?
Though I had changed the clutch assembly, same is the case.

However, I have no issues with the clutch or the torque while running though (1.06L Kms), but only find it at standstill.

Thanks !

Quote:

Originally Posted by keeru (Post 5730115)

1. I believe yours is MQ-250 5-MT gearbox. Is there something that you had upgraded to the gearbox while upgrading to Stage2/3 ? Facing any issues?

2. What upgrades have you brought in for the clutch system ? What is the clutch setup currently running ? Have you also changed clutch release fork during clutch replacement ?

3. Do you notice clutch release bearing noise especially during cold start or after heavy long drive ?

However, I have no issues with the clutch or the torque while running though (1.06L Kms), but only find it at standstill.

Thanks !

The gearbox is untouched while the transmission mounts changed recently. DM Flywheel + clutch plate + pressure plate + release bearing were all changed at 75,000 (currently, at 139000 km).

No issues with initial torque from a standstill at all. But, ever since I did the remap (Pete's and now Wolf), I experience a slight clutch slip-like experience when pushed from low speeds at higher gears until it reaches adequate RPM. I feel the stock clutch assembly isn't able to handle the power. It's not a major issue though. I don't hear any unique noise at a cold start or after a long drive at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M35 (Post 5730139)
The gearbox is untouched while the transmission mounts changed recently. DM Flywheel + clutch plate + pressure plate + release bearing were all changed at 75,000 (currently, at 139000 km).

Thanks ! Have you changed the clutch kit (DM Flywheel + clutch plate + pressure plate + release bearing ) from Skoda A.S.S ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by keeru (Post 5730141)
Thanks ! Have you changed the clutch kit (DM Flywheel + clutch plate + pressure plate + release bearing ) from Skoda A.S.S ?

Yes. Pinnacle Skoda in Thrissur, now run by a different party.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M35 (Post 5710551)
Sure, in fact, there is a dedicated thread in the assembly line exclusively for the recent build.

BTW, I can't wait to see the Yeti in new shade. Flying back in, this weekend. Straight to Grid7 from the airport. The Yeti is getting the Graphene coating done today. I will be taking these letters and logos along which will have to be customized and fixed. Then a video shoot before taking her out on the road heading back home.

From where you sourced the new badges