Team-BHP - My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/196709-my-pre-owned-skoda-yeti-edit-remapped-wolf-moto-now-stage-3-a-9.html)

Will be trying out this oil this time around. It's on the way (Amazon) The review says it's the same Liqui Moly Toptec but rebranded; significantly cheaper than the Liqui Moly Toptec which I have been using in the previous oil changes. Will be doing an engine flush and also have an oil treatment (both from STP)
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-screen-shot-20210218-7.12.58-pm.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by M35 (Post 4997309)
The Yeti feels 'lighter' now with the newer set of shoes. Also did decarbonization recently (the air-intake method). I am slowly starting to get the itch to get back to birding and hence thinking of a BOF Pajero sport to replace the Yeti. The decision isn't easy as I am now gotten used to immaculate handling, precise steering, sharp braking in this mini-rocket. Let's see!

Attachment 2120052

Hello M35.

Would like to talk about this :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leem (Post 5012247)
Hello M35.
would like to talk about this

Please contact me :)

Meanwhile, The engine oil has been changed now (within around 7-8k km since the previous oil change(Liqui Moly TopTec). Cleaned the K&N filter with the recharger kit and fitted it back. The feedback in the next post :)

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20210223_085413.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by M35 (Post 5016390)
The feedback in the next post :)

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20210306_160657.jpg

This is NOT my usual highway speed. But thought of going light-foot on the neat 4-Lane highway stretch from Thrissur to Palakkad. The FE returned was quite amazing at a consistent 80-90km/h. A 100-110 km/h gives around 17km/L. My usual highway speeds give an FE of around 15-15.5 km/L which is quite decent, and at those speeds, the RPM is still at around 2500 mark:thumbs up

Had been to Decathlon @Kalamassery for a Dark Hero 500 for my daughter.

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20210319_201253.jpg

Didn't have it stock there. Checked it online and found a piece at Decathlon/Kottayam. The narrow and crowded, yet beautiful stretch -the Kakkanad-Kottayam. Made the order online, and in about 3 hours, Yeti was back home with the B-Twin
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20210321_085657.jpg

Update: Placed an order for the following for the Yeti

1. Lenso Jager Dyna 17” HS
2. ContiSportContact™ 5 ( 245 45 R17)

The current Continental UC (215 60 R16) is almost new, with no real complaints. Installation is expected on Monday!
Hope the combo doesn't disappoint! :D
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/access...ntact-5-review
and this
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img20210714wa0003.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by M35 (Post 5102619)
Update: Placed an order for the following for the Yeti

1. Lenso Jager Dyna 17” HS
2. ContiSportContact™ 5 ( 245 45 R17)

The current Continental UC (215 60 R16) is almost new, with no real complaints. Installation is expected on Monday!
Hope the combo doesn't disappoint! :D

I recently upgraded to 17 inch for Octavia with CSC5 225 45 17. Overall very happy with the performance of the tyre and stays flat at high speed and handles well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunikkat (Post 5102626)
I recently upgraded to 17 inch for Octavia with CSC5 225 45 17. Overall very happy with the performance of the tyre and stays flat at high speed and handles well.

I had a good offer for Yokohama GT 245 45 17 ( Rs 2k difference per tyre), but went with the ContiSport 5 trusting the reviews

I can't wait for these to get installed!

These 245s are really wide!:D
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20210718_203624.jpg

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20210718_203657-1.jpg

Will update with pictures and driving experience post installation

Jacked up! All set!
Driving back to Palakkad later today!
Need to give it a thorough washing this weekend.

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-photo20210723155323.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by M35 (Post 5108516)
Need to give it a thorough washing this weekend.

Update:

Both the remotes not responding post washing! I did clean the interior with a wet cloth as it’s been quite some days since I sanitized the interiors!

I can lock/unlock using the key and the central locking works with the central switch as well. Just the key fob/remote not responding

Back in the rain!

My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20210725_140335.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by M35 (Post 5109287)
Update:

Both the remotes not responding post washing! I did clean the interior with a wet cloth as it’s been quite some days since I sanitized the interiors!

I can lock/unlock using the key and the central locking works with the central switch as well. Just the key fob/remote not responding

Reached Kochi. As I parked, realised that the remote is back to life. Must have been the dampness in some contact point; just guessing! I had even gone on to think of the comfort module going kaput et all!

Anyways, I will be replacing the batteries in both the remotes!

At my home in palakkad!

PS: The weekend lockdown meant no traffic at all = took just under 2 hours to Kochi with regular speeds:thumbs up

Yeti is Bloxed!
Blox Aluminium forged 6061-T6 wheel spacers!
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20210807_185332.jpg

Update:
ODO: 112000km

I have moved to Kochi and Skoda ASC/ EVM is within just a couple of kilometers from my home. The Yeti has had the random high idle RPM for some time now which I thought was due to the remap as there was no error code at all whenever scanned all these years. Now that it has become a regular affair, even in hot start, and also some noise coming from the engine bay - right-hand side, I thought of sending it in for a detailed diagnosis at EVM Skoda @ kalamassery/Kochi.

Earlier, last year, the SGA Skoda in Coimbatore had diagnosed it to be something to do with the compressor which I didn't believe, as even with the AC off the noise was very evident. Still wanted to check the compressor at a Pete's recommended AC centre in Kochi. They had the car there for a day to inspect and found that the compressor was in good shape.

The EVM guys didn't spend more than 5 minutes and said it's a faulty alternator pulley that needed to replace. They also found a weak pendulum bar bush which too needed to be ordered. The parts came in 3-4 days and all the noise and the idle RPM issue vanished. Great job EVM - well diagnosed and corrected.

The total damage: Rs. 18000 :unhappy

Last week, changed the engine oil and filters as well - Meguin again
The Yeti is back in its pristine refinement state and sounds like a petrol now :)
My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3-img_20210807_185727-1.jpg