Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2021, 10:11   #76
BHPian

Re: I bought an Audi A3 35 TFSI Premium Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Hi, Absolutely! I have had no reason to complain so far *touchwood.
Thanks for the lovely review!

I'm also looking for a preowned A3 within the 20 lacs budget. Maybe it's the pandemic, I'm unable to find good copies in Chennai though I see a ton of Audis on the road over here. I came across an A3 but until I visited in person, the seller obfuscated the info that it is a PY registered car and not TN. Anyways, if only Audi still had the A3 in their stable, I'd prefer to buy a new one. The A4 is longer than I'd want it to be and so A3 is the perfect size for my needs. Hope this will be a better decision over the BMW 3 series for various reasons.

What do you think about the several discussions in the forum that talk about BMW having higher reliability than Audi? I don't see many complaints about the Audi. Any thoughts?
gigatech2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 11:11   #77
BHPian

Completed my third annual service at 32k KMs. There were no complaints so specifically requested only for scheduled maintenance work to be carried out. I knew the front brake pads were near end of life so that was ~7000Rs including installation.
I normally take the day off work and stay at the service center the whole time but this time I had to work and run a couple of errands while the car was being serviced. I let my guard down and when I came back home noticed the SA had slyly added some "Add-ons" to the tune of around 4000Rs. This just proves all it takes is one bad apple. In my previous scheduled visits the SAs made sure they pointed out what was extra and let me decide if I wanted to go ahead with them or not. I am more angry with myself though for letting my guard down. Lesson learnt, will be vigilant irrespective of the brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
Thanks for the lovely review!

A3 is the perfect size for my needs. Hope this will be a better decision over the BMW 3 series for various reasons.

What do you think about the several discussions in the forum that talk about BMW having higher reliability than Audi? I don't see many complaints about the Audi. Any thoughts?
Thanks for your kind words. A3 and the BMW 3 series are not in the same category/segment. The 2 series is though. Size wise the A3 is just right for two people with a mix of city and highway use. If you really want a BMW badge you can check the 2 series but honestly in my opinion, unless its RWD it isnt a BMW.
With regards to reliability, the only car I am concerned about is the one I own. So I have no idea which brand is more reliable than the other.
deepfreak15 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 09:30   #78
BHPian

Awesome review!
Hoping to write up review on the new A3 8Y sedan when I bring it home.
I had it already at dealership waiting for paperwork (and god it is a bit of a pain to get all documents for me to get it registered.)
Surya1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 21:53   #79

@deepfreak I own an Audi A3 which just surpassed 60000 kms. I am planning to get my Transmission fluid changed (dsg). Any recommendations? By any chance have you changed yours. Any inputs will help..
Ashwintona675 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 10:46   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya1 View Post
Awesome review!
Hoping to write up review on the new A3 8Y sedan when I bring it home.
That’s awesome. I hope you get it home at the earliest and yes, please do create an ownership thread. Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwintona675 View Post
@deepfreak I own an Audi A3 which just surpassed 60000 kms. I am planning to get my Transmission fluid changed (dsg). Any recommendations
Wow that’s some running, sadly I haven’t clocked that many kms (nearing the 40k mark) so I haven’t reached that point yet. Are you getting it serviced at the company service center or outside? When it comes to these things I tend to stick to what’s on the service manual.
deepfreak15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 12:39   #81
BHPian

I bought an Audi A3 35 TFSI Premium Plus-whatsapp-image-20220429-11.03.06-am.jpeg

Just a sneak peak of my A3 8Y Sedan S line. I took delivery on 28th April, but I am not driving her too much, until ceramic coating is done (appointment on 9th May). Looks like it will be a while I will be able to break-in this engine, will get her back on 12th May and then I have flight to India on 20th :|

Last edited by Surya1 : 1st May 2022 at 12:51.
Surya1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 19:49   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya1 View Post

Just a sneak peak of my A3 8Y Sedan S line. I took delivery on 28th April…
Woah that’s a mean looking front end, I really like this new look. Once again congrats and wishing you many kms of happy motoring. Please share more pics including the interiors.
Old 11th May 2022, 21:23   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Wow that’s some running, sadly I haven’t clocked that many kms (nearing the 40k mark) so I haven’t reached that point yet. Are you getting it serviced at the company service center or outside? When it comes to these things I tend to stick to what’s on the service manual.
My warranty is up, so i have taken it outside to a very reliable FNG. I have already got the 60k service done once. AMS oil new ATE discs for all tyres. He mentioned that my transmission oil can be changed next service, but i want to get it done before that.

By the way, the Audi A3 is underrated dont you think. Glad to a fellow enthusiast with an A3.
Ashwintona675 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 11:55   #84
BHPian

After 4 years and the scheduled annual service a couple of months away I was rudely awakened with a dead battery! One day I felt a slight hesitation in the crank and the next day I get a low battery warning. Not wanting to risk getting stuck somewhere I called the service center and asked them to replace the battery at home but they refused! Well they, said they could but if so, there would be no warranty on the new battery! Ridiculous in my opinion. Especially if you are stranded outside a city with no access to an Audi service center. So I thought I would risk it and drive to the service center which is a good 30kms away replace the battery and head to work but was told they need the car to be in the service bay for the entire day just to replace the battery as they needed to run diagnostics and what not. This was turning out to be very frustrating as I did not have the luxury of time. So begrudgingly I asked for the car to be picked up and dropped off and since they needed the car for the entire day to go ahead and complete the annual service.
The next day the chauffer came at the scheduled time but the car refused to crank (all this in 36 hours since the first hesitation at crank). Had to go find someone to jump start the car and sent it on its way.
I was informed I wouldnt get the car on the same day but it would need to be there overnight, since I really needed the car the next day in the evening I specifically asked for a delivery no later than 6pm and was assured of the same.
After being hoodwinked the last time I had given the car for service I reiterated that I would not tolerate any value added services surreptitiously added to the invoice. I was aware the rear pads were nearing end of life to authorised them being replaced. When I asked if they could keep the old battery and compensate me for the same the advisor laughed and said they dont do that I would have to sell it outside myself. I found that hilarious because when they sent the car back they didnt send the old battery!
So what should have been an unscheduled service center visit turned out into a highly inconvenient fiasco! The next day when I asked around 5:40pm where my car was (it takes and hour and a half from my house to the service center) I was assured as per the gate pass the car had left at 4:50pm and the advisor asked the chauffer to call me. The chauffer calls me and gives me some cock and bull story about being stuck (not allowed to use the expressway toll by the toll authorities) at the service center gate.
Needless to say I received the car well past 7:30pm in the dark with me not being able to stick to my original plan and no way to validate if the car returned in a good condition. Also I had specifically asked for the old brake pads and the old battery to be sent along with the car and that wasnt done.
So overall a very unpleasant experience and I let them know it. At least one good thing about Jubilant motors is they do acknowledge the customer and it doesnt feel like you are talking to brick wall. They did apologise for the delayed delivery, I got a third story of why it was delayed but at least they did confirm the car only left their premises at 6pm! They sent the battery and the brake pads the next day.
On looking at the pads the wear pattern was completely different than the pattern on the pads I had replaced during my second service (21k)

Factory fitted pads on the left and on the right are the pads replaced at 39k kms. Note the sharp V shape cut off on the sides.

I bought an Audi A3 35 TFSI Premium Plus-img_0955.jpg

So I asked them about it and the Service QA sent a picture of a set of new pads and set my mind at ease
I bought an Audi A3 35 TFSI Premium Plus-whatsapp-image-20220609-1.08.36-pm.jpeg

To summarise my recent experience

Things I liked
- The chauffer who came to pick up the car was on time and very helpful when the car didnt crank
- No value added services were included as requested
- The service advisor was pleasant to talk to
- There was a screw mount damaged on the undertray that made it hang
out on one side and the service advisor fixed it
- When things go wrong there is a well defined and receptive escalation
matrix
- They come across as customer centric

Things I did not like
- The fact that they refused to replace the battery at my house
- The car needs to be at the service center for a full day just to replace the
battery
- Totally pissed with the fact they screwed up the delivery deadline and the
fact that I had to hear 3 different stories for why it was delayed! I dont
like being lied too!
- In spite of asking for parts to be returned the car arrived without them

4 years (the longest I have kept a car for) and 39k kms later I dabbled with the thought of upgrading the car and test drove a myriad of cars from the Mini Cooper S to the Lexus ES300h and came to the conclusion that the current car I own ticks all my requirements. Small, comfortable (important) city car, usable boot and capable on our highways. The other deterrents were the fact that no car is value for money any more and that irritating speed chime at 120 kmph. So I guess im stuck with this car for a little longer with only the service experience being the one sour point. Hopefully things improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwintona675 View Post
By the way, the Audi A3 is underrated dont you think. Glad to a fellow enthusiast with an A3.
I completely agree with you on that. As a comfortable car for two people in the city and on the highway this is just brilliant. And Id be lying if I didnt say the badge does get you some preferential treatment at some places
deepfreak15 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 20:55   #85

This is great information. Thanks a lot for sharing!

I am considering a lightly used 2019 A3 35tfsi Technology variant. Anything I should look out for?

For context, I am looking to replace my Polo (I have a BMW X1 for highway needs) and I am only looking at compact sedans, since no good hatchback in the market right now :(

My budget is around 25 max, My options are
New Virtus GT
Used 2019 A3 35 TFSI Technology
Used 2017 Jaguar XE (maybe? I am thinking parts would be a problem here and Jaguar here is notorious for high service costs)

Any suggestions are welcome.
prabhash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 19:59   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhash View Post
This is great information. Thanks a lot for sharing!

I am considering a lightly used 2019 A3 35tfsi Technology variant. Anything I should look out for?

For context, I am looking to replace my Polo (I have a BMW X1 for highway needs) and I am only looking at compact sedans, since no good hatchback in the market right now :(

My budget is around 25 max, My options are
New Virtus GT
Used 2019 A3 35 TFSI Technology
Used 2017 Jaguar XE (maybe? I am thinking parts would be a problem here and Jaguar here is notorious for high service costs)

Any suggestions are welcome.
I've had my A3 for 2 good years now. It's a 2017 tdi. The mechanics are solid, Other than 2 wheel sensors and the headlight DRL all has been well. Go ahead!
Old 15th December 2023, 16:02   #87

I went ahead with the Audi A3. Its pretty good to drive and I am really happy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks