Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2018, 17:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic

2.5K kms up and I am getting about 14+ kmpl during normal commute, since autumn setting in a few weeks back barely requires the AC to be turned on (even in auto mode).

Spent 3 hours today & with some elbow grease, got the shine back.

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20181125_142205.jpg

Also - used some 3M reflective tape to cover up the cracked rear lamp assembly. As it was the reflector area that had cracked, covering it up with reflective tape for the time being should be ok with both usability and legal points of view.

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20181125_142717copy.jpg

2nd free service is due in 3 weeks time.
blackasta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 13:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

Second free service at 3 months / 3255 kms on 17-Dec-18

Booked the second free service and went in on that date to get it done at Pinnacle Honda.

Issues / complains from my end

None

Resolution

N/A

What was good

Friendly attitude, no intention to push sell or oversell services, car cleaned properly and handled with seat / steering / gearknob covers.

What could have been better

Time taken to complete the servicing - I went in to the dealership at 12 noon and came out at 4 PM. Second free service should have less turnaround time IMO.

Got a little something for the looks:

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20181224_132341.jpg

Also put in the OEM mudflaps myself yesterday.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 17:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Third free service at 6 months / 6451 kms on 24-Mar-18

Booked the third free service and went in on that date to get it done at Pinnacle Honda.

This is the first oil change after I got the car, so hoping for the smooth engine to become even smoother.

None

Resolution

N/A

What was good

Friendly attitude, no intention to push sell or oversell services, car cleaned properly and handled with seat / steering / gearknob covers.

Time taken to complete the servicing - I went in to the dealership at 10:30 am and came out at 3 PM. Third free service should have less turnaround time IMO.

And next time I have to explicitly mention not to use that slippery polish thing everywhere on the inside plastics - I carried a microfiber cloth and had to rub off that polish before I started from the dealership.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 00:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

You mentioned about some treatment for the door-side fabric to prevent it from soiling? Could you please elaborate a bit on the same. I am getting the Jazz in 10 days and was worried about the beige fabric usage in that area.

Seats I am not worried as I booked the exclusive edition which comes with black leather seats. Is there any way to retrofit the Amaze armrest (it slides) in the Jazz?

BTW did you get the maintenance package? My SA suggests it won't do much good, but knowing from actual owners help.

Thanks in advance
SoumenD

Last edited by SoumenD : 16th April 2019 at 00:22.
Old 16th April 2019, 11:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Hello,

You mentioned about some treatment for the door-side fabric to prevent it from soiling? Could you please elaborate a bit on the same. I am getting the Jazz in 10 days and was worried about the beige fabric usage in that area.

Seats I am not worried as I booked the exclusive edition which comes with black leather seats. Is there any way to retrofit the Amaze armrest (it slides) in the Jazz?

BTW did you get the maintenance package? My SA suggests it won't do much good, but knowing from actual owners help.

Thanks in advance
SoumenD
For the doorpads and the armrest - I used Gtechniq I1 smart fabric.
Use any APC diluted to clean internal surfaces, spray on the fabric and wipe using a clean MF towel. Allow to dry. then spray Gtechniq I1 liberally to cover the entire fabric surface. Allow to dry.

https://www.autofresh.in/gtechniq-i1-smart-fabric-866

I Don't have an idea on retrofitting the armrest from Amaze.

I skipped on the maintenance package - decided to get it at first but simply did not follow up.
Old 17th April 2019, 18:15   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Third free service at 6 months / 6451 kms on 24-Mar-18
Thanks for keeping your ownership thread updated.

Mine is Jazz VX CVT and I have third free service appointment for 27-April. Odo is close to 7000 kms. Covered 4 states so far - KA, TN, AP & TS. Seen mountains and beaches!

Best mileage I have gotten is 19.71 (Tankful)/20.1 (MID) kmpl - This was on a Blore-Udupi highway trip.
Worst mileage was 8.95 kmpl (Tankful)/9.7 (MID) kmpl - This was over a period of 35 days, all in Blore city.
prashkul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 11:07   #37
Senior - BHPian

Freak accident, and repair under insurance

I normally used to keep the 2 pups (I care for 6 Indie dogs in the locality) in the attic every night (mostly for their safety), and brought them down in the morning.

On the night of 2nd April, they were especially restless (guess due to the heat), and I decided to leave them in the garden for the night on the 3rd.

On the 4th morning, as I woke up & was feeding the dogs, I noticed a crack in the windshield of my car, and a palm sized piece of rubble lying nearby. It was clear then someone had thrown it and cracked the windshield.

I was livid, as all of our cars have been parked in the portico / garden for years, and nothing had happened to them anytime. And now this !

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190412_084853.jpg

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190412_084900.jpg

Went to the police and filed a GD. As usual they were initially grumbling and very reluctantly took the report.

Then, en route office, took the car to Honda workshop for an estimation & discussion. Received info, and list of paperwork required, and then reached office.

We were clueless as of who could have a grudge on us, as we never had any problems with neighbors or people of the locality.
Started scanning the CCTV footage, and after a couple of days (barely got time in the nights after reaching home), got the culprit !

At about 1:40 AM in the night, the pups saw something (small animal / cat / other dogs) and started shouting.
Note that both the pups were inside the boundary of our house.
One of our neighbors came out of their house and threw a projectile (assumed to the piece of the rubble) towards one of the pups, which missed by a wide margin and struck the windshield of my car.
Just imagine, if that stone had struck it's intended objective, the pup could have died !

Walked over to their place the next day, with CCTV footage in my cellphone. Once I challenged him, there was no proof required and he accepted his mistake.
I politely but sternly reminded him that I shall not tolerate this behavior, and to not engage in such activity in the future.
Did not drag the case any further, as that guy's father is in critical condition and he has an infant kid.
From my side, I assured that I shall put the pups on the terrace (outside, not in the attic) for the night to reduce barking / howling sound. The pups like this too and enjoy the open space.

I claimed insurance on the car & left it in the workshop on 22nd. The claim got approved on 23rd and work was completed by 26th of April.
I also claimed insurance for the broken RHS taillamp. Finally picked up the repaired vehicle on 27th.

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190428_095049.jpg

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190428_095036.jpg

Total cost for the repairs came to around 14K, of which I paid 1K and the insurance picked up the rest.
The cost of the windshield, together with all accessories, glue etc is still less than the tail lamp, which costs almost 7k !

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190428_102022.jpg

This incident has moved us and we are now thinking about adding some form of barrier or protection for the cars. Granted, that would take away from the airiness of the portico and open parking, but that's a trade that we have to make for the safety of the cars.

Last edited by blackasta : 28th April 2019 at 11:09.
blackasta is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 00:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

Another day, another dent

It was a fine (albeit sweltering hot) Monday morning in June, and I was travelling to office from the tennis courts.
Everything was fine, and I was about to take the last turn and drive through the SEZ gates, when suddenly a cab appeared from the other side, and to accommodate for the same, I had to take a much sharper left turn than I normally do.
In the process, I failed to notice the big stone that was strategically placed partly hidden behind a dustbin, which scratched, dented & ruined the entire left side running board of the car.

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190619_085029.jpg

Fixed up an appointment the next day with the Shree Honda workshop that's quite near to my office, and decided to claim insurance as my NCB was already gone when I made my earlier claim for the windshield & taillamp.
6 days later, which I perceive to be double the time that should be taken for the fix, the running board was tinkered back to original shape & form.

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190626_204224.jpg

Among other news, installed a DIY heel pad on the OEM floor mats - details here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4601472 (Which floor mats to go for ?)

Also, got rubber inserts for all the nooks & crannies - this one glows in the dark. Looks cool, reduces clattering from small loose objects, and makes the crevices easier to clean.

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-rubber_inserts.jpg

Both heel pad & rubber inserts bough off Aliexpress.
blackasta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 14:49   #39
BHPian

Re: Another day, another dent

Quote:
I failed to notice the big stone that was strategically placed partly hidden behind a dustbin, which scratched, dented & ruined the entire left side running board of the car.
Sorry to hear that. But looks pretty good after the service. Cheers!

Quote:
Also, got rubber inserts for all the nooks & crannies - this one glows in the dark. Looks cool, reduces clattering from small loose objects, and makes the crevices easier to clean.
Those look classy! I tried to search for similar item in Amazon, but it did not yield any results. I haven't made any purchases in ali express till now - a bit hesitant as it is outside India - hope it is hassle free. Can you share the link for this item in ali express?
Old 9th July 2019, 17:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

Re: Another day, another dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishfull View Post
Can you share the link for this item in ali express?
here you go - make sure you use either china post registered or aliexpress standard shipping. Both can be tracked end to end.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284...27424c4d4fjwbg
Old 16th July 2019, 23:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

Sharkfin antenna and other accessories

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190608_131054.jpg

The Jazz comes with a stubby screw in type antenna mounted near the rear end on top. I planned to install a sharkfin antenna, and had bought a functional one (one that actually works as a radio antenna and is not purely showpiece) from Aliexpress a couple of months back.

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190525_090401.jpg

Few weeks back, I attempted to install the same after cleaning the car, but it was almost immediately I noticed that the 'gray' color of the antenna is quite different from the 'modern steel metallic' color of my car.

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190608_131504.jpg

As I had a can of com-paint handy, decided to paint the antenna as close to the car's shade as possible. Couple of coats (paint + finishing solvent) later, this was the output.

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190609_201459.jpg

After cutting & polishing, the shade looked close enough (although not an exact match) to be unnoticeable for a passing glance.

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190615_100655.jpg

Come this weekend, after I was done cleaning the car, I took out the stubby antenna, and screwed in the supplied small threaded rod (the sharkfin antenna came with a threaded rod & 2 nuts).

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190713_131126.jpg

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190713_131143.jpg

Then threaded in the first bolt

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190713_131157.jpg

And then anchored the mounting end of the antenna with the second screw.

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190713_131217.jpg

Hereafter , before pasting the antenna, I went inside and tuned to all available FM channels - they sounded as good as they were with the stock antenna. Satisfied, peeled off the paper from the 2 sided tape and stuck the antenna on top gently, in order to keep it aligned and straight.

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190713_132009.jpg

Done !

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190713_132030.jpg

Also got a back seat baby convex mirror to keep an eye out for my kid - she loves the eye contact during traffic light conversations !

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190716_224802.jpg
blackasta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 14:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

The car completed it's first year a couple of weeks back.

Few mods done from my end:

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-day-night.jpg
  • Golden Yellow Fog lamps installed:
Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190824_162841_1.jpg
Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190824_191418_1.jpg
  • All 4 front and rear indicator lamps changed to LED (no hyperflashing as they have proper loads)
  • Reverse parking lamps changed to LED

Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic-img_20190824_155537.jpg

From left to right - Indicators, revering lamp, fog lamp.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fourth (paid) service at 1 year / 11549 km done on 21-Sep-19

Booked the fourth paid service and went in on that date to get it done at Pinnacle Honda.

Total cost - 8383 (including labour + oil filter + full synthetic oil + ac cleaning + wheel alignment + wheel balancing check)

Slight earthy smell from the AC

Resolution

AC cleaning done.

What was good

The slippery polish / dressing thing was yet again applied to all interior surfaces, and first thing I did after I got out of the dealership was to park the car on the side and use a MF cloth to wipe it out.

The wiping of the car after washing has scope for improvement as there are waterspots / wipe marks noted all over.

Last edited by blackasta : 22nd September 2019 at 14:59.
blackasta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 15:08   #43
BHPian

I've been using synthetic oil but when running is on the higher side, I feel the oil is getting damaged pretty fast. After 8k of running the engine feels very rough. What do you think about the synthetic oil provided by Honda ?

Another issue is with the gaps from mis alignment in front and rear bumpers. I took it to local mechanic and he told the bumper plastic holder is getting soft but the clips are strong. Mine has just covered 34k in 2 years
Old 2nd July 2020, 19:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

Fifth (paid) service at 1 year 9 months / 16855 km done on 6-June-19 (delayed due to covid 19)

Booked the fifth paid service and went in on that date to get it done at Shree Honda. Originally the servicing was due on 19th March.

Total cost - 6316(including labour + oil filter + full synthetic oil + battery check + both front wiper replacement + mandatory sanitization)

wiper leaving streaks on windshield

Resolution

Wiper blades replaced

What was good

Friendly attitude, no intention to push sell or oversell services, car handled with seat / steering / gearknob covers.

Midway during servicing, there was an electrical failure at the service center, and the car could not be washed as power was not restored till the time the servicing was completed. I have received a due slip to get the washing done in the next 3 months at no cost.
Old 8th July 2020, 12:44   #45
BHPian

Hi,
Thanks for documenting your ownership experience in such details. I had a few questions:

1. Does the car scrap often if you have 4-5 adults onboard?
2. Are the stock headlamps adequate for Highway drives? I drove a Ritz and they had horrible lights.

Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks