Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th August 2019, 10:29   #46

Default Re: My 2018 Pearl White Toyota Yaris V CVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

Was looking at the Yaris specs two days back after staring at a beautiful Yaris' rear at a traffic jam. Realised that the V trim is within reach but is un-reasonably priced as well. Other option being jazz, if bells and whistles are the criteria.
The V trim is worth the extra moolah if only for the UT protective and sound treated glass. My mom uses a Yaris V trim and the silence in the cabin, in city and long drives is such a blessing.
ashenoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2019, 19:22   #47
BHPian

Update
It's just over a year and I have clocked 5000+ kms and my experience so far has been good with Yaris.

What I like
- Rattle and niggle free experience: The car has seen all kinds of speed breakers and had to bear the brunt of Pune potholes during this year's never-ending monsoon and yet there has not been a single rattle. Happy with Toyota build quality.
- Silent cabin in both city and long drive: This is addictive. The way outside noise is cut off is amazing. Do note that this does not totally cut off the tyre noise. This is one feature which Toyota should have promoted in their ads. Sad to note that they removed this feature in the facelifted V variants.
- Better mileage than my previous i10 Magna AT car: A bigger and more powerful engine but still it gives a better mileage (1 to 1.5 kmpl in city and up to 2 kmpl on highway) as compared to my old i10 Magna AT. This may also be due to CVT transmission. i10 Magna AT had TC unit. I am able to extract around 10.5 to 11kmpl in Pune City with AC on.
- Automatic headlamps and Rain sensing wipers: Headlamps are always kept at automatic settings. I don't remember last when I opted manual headlamp control. Rain sensing wipers are cool except when there is slight drizzle. I tend to switch to manual mode in such occasions.
- Steering mounted controls: i10 did not have them and using steering mounted controls helped me realize what I was missing earlier. Controlling media and taking handsfree calls is a breeze.

What I hate / miss
- Roof mounted air vents: We just hate using them. Air vents are too loud and ineffective. Toyota could have gone for replacing it with a Sunroof in the facelift.
- Dead pedal: Coming from i10 AT, I miss them a lot. Not sure, if they provided one in the facelifted version.
- DRLs: Surprisingly, still provided only in VX variant. They should have provided it in all variants.

Service

The car went for yearly service in July. I had no specific instructions and just opted for express service. The total cost along with engine oil replacement, free wheel rotation and balancing came to around Rs.2100. The express service got over in 1 hour. However, the washing took another 1.5 hours to complete. Shaw Toyota should have more washing bays. Otherwise, happy with the service provided by them.

I went for external insurance during renewal, which saved me almost 30% in premium cost as compared to Toyota Protect.
Query - Toyota owners, do you recommend Toyota Protect instead?

Accessories

Apart from Luggage tray
1. Seat covers - refer to post https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4553768 (My 2018 Pearl White Toyota Yaris V CVT)
2. Noodle mats - This helped me in covering areas which were getting dirty and not covered by standard mats.
3. Side moulding and door protector - This was put to protect the door from getting scratch especially while opening doors in my narrow parking area.

My 2018 Pearl White Toyota Yaris V CVT-side_moulding.jpg

Facelift
Comparison of 'V' variant - Out of curiosity, I compared features provided in my car with face-lifted 'V' and 'V Optional' variants.

What got added
1. V Optional gets Diamond Cut Alloy Wheel. V gets same Alloy Wheel as before.
2. Dual Tone Exterior Color Combination in V Optional
3. Piano Black Finish on-Grille, ORVM, Fog Bezel in V Optional
4. Leatherette Seat Upholstery in V Optional. Fabric in V as before.
5. Leather Package Steering Wheel, Gear Knob in V Optional. No package in V as before.
6. High Speed Alert - may be due to regulatory requirements

What got removed
1. Acoustic & Vibration Control Glass - Now available only in VX variant. This is one feature, which my whole family loves. I am sad that Toyota decided to remove this feature. Maybe they are cutting cost on glass and sound dampening material.
2. Rain Sensing Wipers - again, feels like a cost cutting measure

Cost
Surprisingly, the cost of 'V' variant is less compared to last year when I bought. Since I was contemplating buying Verna too last year, listing prices for reference

Ex-showroom (Pune) price

Name:  price_oct19.PNG
Views: 716
Size:  4.4 KB

I am sure Yaris still has good discounts going on as the sales figures are nothing to talk about.

My 2018 Pearl White Toyota Yaris V CVT-sales1.png
Simhi is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2019, 18:18   #48
BHPian

Visited Shaw Toyota today to have a look at the V optional. The arm rest has been removed in the V Optional liberating some space at rear. The rear seat at the center is flatter making it easier for the 3rd passenger. Android Auto and Apple Car Play have been added.

The blackened roof, diamond cut alloys leatherette seats and other features are good.

The deletion of the vibration control and acoustic control glass is a major negative which unfortunately cannot be added later. Not much concerned about the deletion of the rain sensing wipers.

Unfortunately they did not have the V variant for test drive. I drove the VX and found the cabin to be supremely silent and seats very comfortable. Will drive the V variant and see if I should go for top end (will be a stretch) to get this feature and of course the others like (auto wipers, vsc, acoustic glass, leather seats, paddle shifters).

What is the frank opinion here?
Palio_2005 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote