Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2019, 10:29   #46
BHPian

Re: My 2018 Pearl White Toyota Yaris V CVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

Was looking at the Yaris specs two days back after staring at a beautiful Yaris' rear at a traffic jam. Realised that the V trim is within reach but is un-reasonably priced as well. Other option being jazz, if bells and whistles are the criteria.
The V trim is worth the extra moolah if only for the UT protective and sound treated glass. My mom uses a Yaris V trim and the silence in the cabin, in city and long drives is such a blessing.
ashenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 19:22   #47
BHPian

Update
It's just over a year and I have clocked 5000+ kms and my experience so far has been good with Yaris.

What I like
- Rattle and niggle free experience: The car has seen all kinds of speed breakers and had to bear the brunt of Pune potholes during this year's never-ending monsoon and yet there has not been a single rattle. Happy with Toyota build quality.
- Silent cabin in both city and long drive: This is addictive. The way outside noise is cut off is amazing. Do note that this does not totally cut off the tyre noise. This is one feature which Toyota should have promoted in their ads. Sad to note that they removed this feature in the facelifted V variants.
- Better mileage than my previous i10 Magna AT car: A bigger and more powerful engine but still it gives a better mileage (1 to 1.5 kmpl in city and up to 2 kmpl on highway) as compared to my old i10 Magna AT. This may also be due to CVT transmission. i10 Magna AT had TC unit. I am able to extract around 10.5 to 11kmpl in Pune City with AC on.
- Automatic headlamps and Rain sensing wipers: Headlamps are always kept at automatic settings. I don't remember last when I opted manual headlamp control. Rain sensing wipers are cool except when there is slight drizzle. I tend to switch to manual mode in such occasions.
- Steering mounted controls: i10 did not have them and using steering mounted controls helped me realize what I was missing earlier. Controlling media and taking handsfree calls is a breeze.

What I hate / miss
- Roof mounted air vents: We just hate using them. Air vents are too loud and ineffective. Toyota could have gone for replacing it with a Sunroof in the facelift.
- Dead pedal: Coming from i10 AT, I miss them a lot. Not sure, if they provided one in the facelifted version.
- DRLs: Surprisingly, still provided only in VX variant. They should have provided it in all variants.

Service

The car went for yearly service in July. I had no specific instructions and just opted for express service. The total cost along with engine oil replacement, free wheel rotation and balancing came to around Rs.2100. The express service got over in 1 hour. However, the washing took another 1.5 hours to complete. Shaw Toyota should have more washing bays. Otherwise, happy with the service provided by them.

I went for external insurance during renewal, which saved me almost 30% in premium cost as compared to Toyota Protect.
Query - Toyota owners, do you recommend Toyota Protect instead?

Accessories

Apart from Luggage tray
1. Seat covers - refer to post https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4553768 (My 2018 Pearl White Toyota Yaris V CVT)
2. Noodle mats - This helped me in covering areas which were getting dirty and not covered by standard mats.
3. Side moulding and door protector - This was put to protect the door from getting scratch especially while opening doors in my narrow parking area.

My 2018 Pearl White Toyota Yaris V CVT-side_moulding.jpg

Facelift
Comparison of 'V' variant - Out of curiosity, I compared features provided in my car with face-lifted 'V' and 'V Optional' variants.

What got added
1. V Optional gets Diamond Cut Alloy Wheel. V gets same Alloy Wheel as before.
2. Dual Tone Exterior Color Combination in V Optional
3. Piano Black Finish on-Grille, ORVM, Fog Bezel in V Optional
4. Leatherette Seat Upholstery in V Optional. Fabric in V as before.
5. Leather Package Steering Wheel, Gear Knob in V Optional. No package in V as before.
6. High Speed Alert - may be due to regulatory requirements

What got removed
1. Acoustic & Vibration Control Glass - Now available only in VX variant. This is one feature, which my whole family loves. I am sad that Toyota decided to remove this feature. Maybe they are cutting cost on glass and sound dampening material.
2. Rain Sensing Wipers - again, feels like a cost cutting measure

Cost
Surprisingly, the cost of 'V' variant is less compared to last year when I bought. Since I was contemplating buying Verna too last year, listing prices for reference

Ex-showroom (Pune) price

Name:  price_oct19.PNG
Views: 4628
Size:  4.4 KB

I am sure Yaris still has good discounts going on as the sales figures are nothing to talk about.

My 2018 Pearl White Toyota Yaris V CVT-sales1.png
Simhi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 18:18   #48
BHPian

Visited Shaw Toyota today to have a look at the V optional. The arm rest has been removed in the V Optional liberating some space at rear. The rear seat at the center is flatter making it easier for the 3rd passenger. Android Auto and Apple Car Play have been added.

The blackened roof, diamond cut alloys leatherette seats and other features are good.

The deletion of the vibration control and acoustic control glass is a major negative which unfortunately cannot be added later. Not much concerned about the deletion of the rain sensing wipers.

Unfortunately they did not have the V variant for test drive. I drove the VX and found the cabin to be supremely silent and seats very comfortable. Will drive the V variant and see if I should go for top end (will be a stretch) to get this feature and of course the others like (auto wipers, vsc, acoustic glass, leather seats, paddle shifters).

What is the frank opinion here?
Palio_2005 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 07:13   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
What is the frank opinion here?
If you have the budget, go for VX variant. BTW, did you narrow down on the models? I also saw your posts for used S-Cross too.
Old 18th November 2019, 17:08   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
If you have the budget, go for VX variant. BTW, did you narrow down on the models? I also saw your posts for used S-Cross too.
Hi. I am debating between VX and VL. Budgef is a bit of concern as well. I have a S cross which I want to sell.
Old 15th July 2020, 19:47   #51
BHPian

A question to the owners of V variant. Have you tried calling someone from the infotainment system when the phone is connected over Bluetooth? I am facing an issue where if I search for a contact and then call them, the system automatically calls some random number from contact list! It's really frustrating me that an already barebones infotainment system cant even do such a basic function!
Has anyone else faced this? I've tried resetting the system by removing battery terminal but no luck. I am yet to take it to the dealer but I prefer not to go now. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 15th July 2020, 20:06   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
A question to the owners of V variant. Have you tried calling someone from the infotainment system when the phone is connected over Bluetooth? I
Usually, when I connect the phone via Bluetooth, it displays the recent call list. I usually scroll the list and select the number to dial. This works for me without any issue.

I have a different issue. I have Dual-SIM phone and have not set the default SIM to use for calls so that I am prompted while making the call. However, the infotainment system always uses SIM1 as default to make the calls. It does not prompt for SIM to use. To have infotainment use SIM2, I need to set in my mobile SIM2 as default.
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 20:35   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Usually, when I connect the phone via Bluetooth, it displays the recent call list. I usually scroll the list and select the number to dial. This works for me without any issue.
Thanks for the response. Even I was the recent calls method all these days. I tried dialling someone not in my recent calls and found this bug. If it's an issue only found in my unit I am planning to raise a warranty request. If it's common for all units of this model, a software update should fix this. Considering such low sales volumes I doubt if they'll do it.
Old 12th August 2020, 12:20   #54
BHPian

Quick Update
It's just over 2 years and I have clocked around 8000kms (had targeted 10K but did not drive much since March).

Service
The car went for yearly service in July. Shaw Toyota provided free pickup and drop. This was the first time I availed this service. Usually I prefer to visit the workshop and meet the Service Advisor in person. This time, a driver came and inspected the vehicle. He, then sanitized the vehicle, put disposable cover over steering wheel, front driver seat and gear lever before driving off. Service Advisor contacted over phone after receiving the vehicle at the workshop. I had no specific instructions and just opted for general service.

The total cost along with engine oil replacement came to around Rs.2600.

The vehicle was picked at 8.30am and dropped by 2pm. The driver bought the credit card machine for payment. I waited for a week before taking the car out for a drive.

Sales
Yaris sales figures in the last 12 months is nothing to talk about. It clocked just around 3000 units.

I hope Toyota bring the facelift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4851185 (Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked)) to India at the earliest. I really like the new front bumper. Along with LED headlamps they should ensure that Android Auto and Apple Car Play is part of the package.

My 2018 Pearl White Toyota Yaris V CVT-yaris-sales-aug19jul20.png
Simhi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 15:55   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Quick Update
It's just over 2 years and I have clocked around 8000kms (had targeted 10K but did not drive much since March).
First of all, congratulations on your white beauty!
I am really happy that you're enjoying a hassle-free ownership experience with the Yaris.

As an upgrade from our Dzire (3rd gen), we were looking for a bigger automatic car in the pre-owned market and we came across a white Yaris VX CVT 2018 with just 15,000 kilometres on the odo and a full service history. The car is under company warranty for one year too!
The dealer quoted a price of Rs.10.45l but we negotiated and bought it down to 9.90l.
We test drove the car a day before and it was as good as brand new!

Now the deal is extremely sweet but I am a bit worried about the car's future.
Since you're quite active on the Yaris topic and know the car more than anyone on the forum, I have some questions for you-
1)Is the taxi version really coming?

2)If the rumoured taxi variant arrives, do you think our roads will be filled with Yarises wearing yellow plates?

3)As Toyota could only sell a few thousands of this model, will parts availablity become a problem in the future?

4)Should we go ahead with the deal?

Wishing you lacs of joyful and trouble-free miles with the Yaaaaris!
Nazaar25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 13:19   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazaar25 View Post
2)If the rumoured taxi variant arrives, do you think our roads will be filled with Yarises wearing yellow plates?
I am not aware of any confirmed news w.r.t taxi version of Yaris. We know that Etios is discontinued and there are rumours regarding Toyota selling rebadged Ciaz.
Quote:
3)As Toyota could only sell a few thousands of this model, will parts availablity become a problem in the future?
Again, I am not aware if there are any Indian Law which stipulates manufacturer to provide spare parts for "X" number of years after the model is discontinued.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 20:31   #57
BHPian

Quote:

As an upgrade from our Dzire (3rd gen), we were looking for a bigger automatic car in the pre-owned market and we came across a white Yaris VX CVT 2018 with just 15,000 kilometres on the odo and a full service history. The car is under company warranty for one year too!
The dealer quoted a price of Rs.10.45l but we negotiated and bought it down to 9.90l.
We test drove the car a day before and it was as good as brand new!

Hi, I too own a V CVT and the price you have mentioned is a steal deal as the new ones sell for close to 17L. Just go for it if you are planning to keep it for long term (7-10) years and buy 7 year timeless warranty for peace of mind. Also check for accident/insurance claims. Toyota has a history of offering spare part support for their discontinued models (ask any Qualis owner). Even if they stop, it should be easy to source from other Asian markets as it is a global model doing well in other countries.

Graduating from Dzire, you will simply love the build quality, sound insulation, powered seats etc. Don't expect Dzire like mileage in city as Yaris weighs 500kgs more than it. Expect 9-11 kmpl in city and 16-21kpl in highway depending on traffic and your driving style. Good luck and do let us know if you go ahead and buy it. Yaris owners are a rare to find and it will be good to be in touch
nagr22 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 20:22   #58
Senior - BHPian

The Yaris is doing good numbers these days. More people are looking at this as a sensible vehicle. How does the car behave on bad roads and 5 on board? Does it make contact on the road while tackling speed breakers with a full load?
Old 5th October 2020, 16:46   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
How does the car behave on bad roads and 5 on board? Does it make contact on the road while tackling speed breakers with a full load?
I never had 5 people on board, mostly 4. I have not faced the issue of underbody scrapping the breaker. However, I will also let other Yaris owners comment on this.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 23:42   #60
BHPian

Quote:

1. Good if it comes, more cars means easy availablity of cheaper spares.
2. I dont think that will happen
3. Its a well established product internationally, Comes with optional warranty of 5+2 yrs. Dont think that Parts will be issue till 15 yrs of launch
4. Price seems reasonable, car will be under 3 yrs initial warranty, check insurance validity.
drsnt is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks