Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2007, 00:49   #16
Team-BHP Support

The three chambered headlights is just stunning to look at. With just the parking on the car looks absolutely stupendous due to the jewel lights effect. Here are two snaps I took tonight. Remember, the headlight, indicators and the fogs are all set off. Its just the parking lights alone!
Attached Thumbnails
New Indica Turbo - 2007, driven.-dsc00105.jpg  

New Indica Turbo - 2007, driven.-dsc00106.jpg  

Last edited by Zappo : 14th January 2007 at 00:51.
Old 14th January 2007, 01:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Now this is getting confusing. So, there is now a DICOR version and also the old version sold side by side?
Old 14th January 2007, 01:33   #18
Team-BHP Support

@MPower, no... the DICOR indica is yet to come out. This is the regular Turbo Indica that has undergone a massive cosmetic surgery (both inside and outside). This is the new look 2007 Indica V2 Turbo. I believe the non-turbo version still retains the previous look (not 100% sure though).

@rr_zen, I actually have a snap of the speedo/steering console as well. IMO, the previous bigger sized dials were somewhat more commanding than the newer smaller sporty dials. Also, somehow the new black steering wheel does not appeal to me as much as I liked the clean bulbous look of the previous gray steering wheel! But thats again a personal choice I guess.

Last edited by Zappo : 14th January 2007 at 01:47.
Old 14th January 2007, 08:34   #19
Team-BHP Support

Is there any change in the price???

What is the on-road price for the car???
Old 14th January 2007, 09:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Very nice looking Indica but the problem with indica lies elsewhere. Its still too noisy and i am not talking about the engine. My office cab is a brand new Indica DLE, and the road noise inside is more than any of the other small cars, infact even on plain smooth roads the sound of the songs played on my laptop gets drowned. Besides i am not too impressed with the suspension, its lumpy and makes a great deal of noise. Hows the new indica in this regard?
Old 14th January 2007, 11:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
@MPower, no... the DICOR indica is yet to come out. This is the regular Turbo Indica that
OK, so Indica is still non-DICOR whereas Indigo has become DICOR. There is a pic of the engine in a separate thread.
Old 14th January 2007, 11:09   #22
Team-BHP Support

I think only Indigo grand the LWB version of Indigo has the Dicor engine. Just a matter of time till they put it in the entire range.
They want to sell as much as possible of the older engines. As soon as the Dicor comes out all other models may be stopped.
Old 14th January 2007, 11:37   #23
BHPian

"the DICOR indica is yet to come out. This is the regular Turbo Indica that has undergone a massive cosmetic surgery (both inside and outside). This is the new look 2007 Indica V2 Turbo."

but then what is the logic of still manufacturing the 2006 V2 Turbo. The Him motors in Delhi says that the old turbo is also in production as well as the 2007 V2 turbo, for a few weeks though, may be in order to compensate for the higher demand for the Turbo engine. Sounds ridiculous to me...
Old 14th January 2007, 12:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

zappo

does this mean that the review that was given in ACI about a facelifted indica means this car? that you have reviewed? So if I am right the only thing left out will be to plonk either the DICOR or the 1.3 MJD of FIAT into this car to make it the COTY 2007? from tata stable?

Am i right in this statement that the only thing left out for makeover is the engine now?
Old 14th January 2007, 13:50   #25
BHPian

I don't think the XETA has been facelifted..! I really like the new lamps and Leather Gear Lever..!
I'm wondering will it be possible to replace the headlamps of the old Indica with the new indica, They do look same in size and fitting, just that reflector has been changed..!
Old 14th January 2007, 15:48   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
I don't think the XETA has been facelifted..! I really like the new lamps and Leather Gear Lever..!
I'm wondering will it be possible to replace the headlamps of the old Indica with the new indica, They do look same in size and fitting, just that reflector has been changed..!
The whole range has undergone a facelift..(Xeta/Turbo/NA)....the press release on the site does specify and its not restricted to the turbo only...The Leather gear lever knob was available on the old DLX model also, though not so well finished..the Xeta site has been updated also..
Old 14th January 2007, 15:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendi View Post
"the DICOR indica is yet to come out. This is the regular Turbo Indica that has undergone a massive cosmetic surgery (both inside and outside). This is the new look 2007 Indica V2 Turbo."

but then what is the logic of still manufacturing the 2006 V2 Turbo. The Him motors in Delhi says that the old turbo is also in production as well as the 2007 V2 turbo, for a few weeks though, may be in order to compensate for the higher demand for the Turbo engine. Sounds ridiculous to me...
The old turbo is not in production...just the dealer trying to push off old stock. From 2007 only the Facelifted turbo/xeta are being produced....as you say there is no logic in producing both on the same assembly line (just will had to production hassles)

The factory had stopped producing the older model around 15 Dec..
Old 15th January 2007, 11:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
The Xeta has been facelifted as well. Just see the advertisement in today's HT City (last page)
Old 15th January 2007, 12:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

Great pics "Zappo".Thanx.I'm surprised why TATA's website doesn't reflect these changes?!.Does anyone know when these cars are going to be released in the market?.And, when is the 'TL' truck going to 'hit' the road?.
Old 15th January 2007, 19:26   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Very nice looking Indica but the problem with indica lies elsewhere. Its still too noisy and i am not talking about the engine. My office cab is a brand new Indica DLE, and the road noise inside is more than any of the other small cars, infact even on plain smooth roads the sound of the songs played on my laptop gets drowned. Besides i am not too impressed with the suspension, its lumpy and makes a great deal of noise. Hows the new indica in this regard?
Yes, what u say is absolutely true. But that is a problem only when the car is brand new. As the car runs for more kilometres the unwanted sounds get reduced, especially the clunking of the suspension over undulations....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks