Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2007, 11:07   #46
Senior - BHPian

Somehow i dont like the new rear lamps. The previous ones looked a lot better to me. The speedo console looks good though.
Old 8th April 2007, 23:27   #47
BHPian

My Turbo!!

Got my 2007 V2 Turbo DLG last week... Drove to Pondi on a leisurely drive...

Here are some pics...

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8272/dsc05914bs7.jpg

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2692/dsc05888lr8.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1213/dsc05911mv8.jpg
Old 9th April 2007, 10:23   #48
BHPian

I have an Indica DLS which has gone 39K kms in approx 3.5 years now. Apart from a few rattles from the left window, the car has been a faithful companion. I think it takes up the Kolkata Potholes pretty well. Yes the engine sound is there a bit but i think the suspension is pretty much ok .Besides it gives me a city driving mileage of 13kmpl with 75% ac on and i love pushing the pedal sometimes.
Old 9th April 2007, 12:14   #49
BHPian

i also intend to do the same... []

yes, the outside noise is quite a lot, but inside seems to be a lot better now, decently quiet.

And looks mean from the front now... []
Old 11th April 2007, 03:41   #50
BHPian

The INDICA is improving for sure.The next one will be a real world beater.In India engineers learn very fast how to make a good car, so Japanese or Korean carmakers should take Indian cars more seriously
Old 11th April 2007, 23:22   #51
BANNED

I chose the Maruti Swift petrol after a lot of thought on Tata Indica Turbo DLG.

In hindsight, Tata Indica would have been a better choice.
Mileage (city): Tata Indica Turbo (15-17 kpl), Maruti Swift (9 kpl)
Mileage (highway): Tata Indica Turbo (19-21kpl), Maruti Swift (14-16kpl)

Build Quality: Heard Swift is better. But not by much

Engine Quality: Swift is old Esteem engine that delivers power only at higher rpms making it pain for City. Tata's is better for city and highway

Cost: Swift Lxi and Tata Indica Turbo DLG come at the same cost. In DLG, you get power windows extra and a diesel engine

So Tata Indica beats Maruti Swift
Old 12th April 2007, 00:26   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirana View Post
I chose the Maruti Swift petrol after a lot of thought on Tata Indica Turbo DLG.

In hindsight, Tata Indica would have been a better choice.
Mileage (city): Tata Indica Turbo (15-17 kpl), Maruti Swift (9 kpl)
Mileage (highway): Tata Indica Turbo (19-21kpl), Maruti Swift (14-16kpl)

Build Quality: Heard Swift is better. But not by much

Engine Quality: Swift is old Esteem engine that delivers power only at higher rpms making it pain for City. Tata's is better for city and highway

Cost: Swift Lxi and Tata Indica Turbo DLG come at the same cost. In DLG, you get power windows extra and a diesel engine

So Tata Indica beats Maruti Swift
Uh oh... there you are opening up a pandora's box buddy. considering the number of swift owners get ready to be flamed.

Lets just say that both cars have their own strong points and cater to different set of people. You only happened to be the wrong type of person who ended up buying a swift.

Leaving the swift aside, I agree wholeheartedly about the Indica though. It is definitely a very solid car.
Old 12th April 2007, 08:18   #53
BHPian

Zappo, can you please tell how effective the HVAC system is? The reason I'm asking is that I've gone out in the other B segments cars and whenever I lose the fight for the passenger seat, I have to sit at the rear seat in the Hyderabadi heat with two other guys, and trust me....you start praying for a good AC system! I've found the Santro, Wagon R and Alto not effective in rear seat cooling during mid-day travel. Can you comment on on how efective the Indica Turbo is? .....(In spite of me saying I may not go for an Indica again in my Long Term review, I'm seeing the Turbo as increasing value for money and may go gor it! )
Old 12th April 2007, 10:23   #54
Senior - BHPian

Indica is as good (or as bad) as wagon r or santro. In small cars nothing beats the AC in Palio.
Old 12th April 2007, 13:15   #55
BHPian

The HVAC in my Turbo DLG is pretty good, it cools up a hot in the sun car pretty quickly in a minute or so with the blower at 3. I generally keep the blower at 2 or 1(when it starts to chill). The rear seat cooling is also pretty good as I have often had friends saying to lower the blower... . For rear the blower on 2 should be chilling in small time...
Old 12th April 2007, 13:17   #56
BHPian

I had a question...

The first free service on my Indica Turbo is only at 5000 kms.. Is that correct? or does the Indica diesel engine not require first service very early.. pardon me for a novice question as this is my first diesel vehicle...
Old 12th April 2007, 14:48   #57

A very First post in Team-BHP

Just cant resist my self to say that the AC of Indica is better than Wagon R, Zen or even Getz. I drove Getz 1.3 alot and found its AC make humidity in side the cabin.
The speed of Blower of AC in Zen VX (old ), Wagon R was slower that other compititors in the same segment and so it takes long time to reach at back seat.
Old 12th April 2007, 18:28   #58
BHPian

Sorry to bump this thread...

Can someone answer my query...

The first free service on my Indica Turbo is only at 5000 kms.. Is that correct? or does the Indica diesel engine not require first service very early..
Old 12th April 2007, 19:38   #59
Team-BHP Support

DriveR, how good is really good? IMO thats a very subjective term. Moreover my experience with the backseat is limited. However last month we travelled some 800+ kms and back in this car. While coming back it was drive at a stretch from morning till night. The sun was beating down like mad. In fact had to make a longish break in the afternoon as the belts started showing some effect of the heat.

Many a times I was also at the backseat of the car during this ride. Let me say, the HVAC performed admirably. I had caught a slight cold and I do not know whether that had anything to do with it but at 2 the HVAC was feeling a bit too cold whenever the blower was directed at the backseat. At least twice I requested the blowers to be turned a bit downwards.
Old 13th April 2007, 15:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

Guys any news on the DiCOR Indica? Or has it been already launched?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks