Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2019, 21:27   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bringing home the new member: Story of our Honda Jazz!

Congratulations on purchasing a great car. I am sure you will enjoy a hassle free ownership experience of this reliable and practical car. Attractive colour choice. The only negative in my Honda Jazz experience of close to 9 years now is the hard suspension. Safe miles -Many miles.
V.Narayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 00:12   #17
BHPian

re: Bringing home the new member: Story of our Honda Jazz!

Congratulations Ved on the new Jazz & on compiling such a brilliant review. I have always had a soft spot for the Jazz, ever since its launch in 2009. The cab forward design, huge glass area, spacious interiors have always appealed to me.

How does the Jazz's 1.2L engine compare with your outgoing Swift's 1.3L engine? The 1.3L engine on the Swift was one revv happy engine with a really high revv limiter (6800 RPM ).
chiranjitp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 11:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bringing home the new member: Story of our Honda Jazz!

Many Congratulations, porsche_guy!

My pick too if I were to choose an automatic hatchback! We have owned (The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.) since 2010 - the 1st gen, and still love this little bugger. The engine is a gem, space is no constraint - can rival the Innova for airport duties. I have once managed to load up 12 bags in there with the rear seats folded. Those magic seats help too - wonder why Honda took them out.

Anyhow, as a current owner, just wanted to reassure that you've made the right choice Drive safe.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 11th February 2019 at 11:24.
9thsphinx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 13:56   #19
NTO
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car and wishing you million happy miles.

I bought one (V CVT) in the used car market with 4K kms on the odo and less than 6 months old at a good bargain . I had it for 7 months and sold it again. Here are my observations:

1. Service for 10K kms/ 1 year was due and the initial estimate given to me was Rs. 15K. I just striked off the non essential elements from the list and the final bill came to a little under Rs. 5K.

2. Light and easy to use controls. Anyone can drive the car. Especially ladies. But, the A-pillar creates a lot of blind spot.

3. The big mirrors avoids a lot of blind spot but can be easily tossed around by two wheeler buddies on the road. Though it is India - friendly, it is very fragile and flimsy.

4. Brakes are supremely effective in bringing the car to a halt. Compensates for the lack of engine braking very well.

5. The body it very light and had to replace the rear left door for a mere ill parked two wheeler fall on the car at a parking.

6. The engine revvs very responsively to throttle inputs but the car goes nowhere. Also, the sound of the engine, when revved, is strained. The paddle shifters are as good as not having them. However, when driven sedately, and when stopped at red lights, I have double cranked the engine a couple of times. It is super silent. Again this highlights the lack of double crank protection.

7. The car saw two digit FE figures only on highways and when I literally feathered the throttle in the city. Drive a little aggressively and the FE was almost always between 8 - 9 Kmpl, tank to tank.

8. After few hundred kilometers of driving the car, I noticed that the lumbar support of the seats are poor and I would have liked the driver seats to move a few notches behind. I felt claustrophobic and knees up because of this issue. I am 6'2".

9. Mom felt the interiors are too plasticky and she compared her experience in the rear seats (vertical movements at speeds) to our old 2006 Wagon R.

10. The airconditioner was a chiller. The best among the cars I own.

I just loved the car when I bought it but, I had to sell it off due to few of the above mentioned reasons. Also, I sold the car off in a jiffy, within a few hours of listing it on OLX. This shows the extremely high demand for the car, its reliability and the brand value it rides upon. In my honest opinion, it is a no-nonsense car that didn't suit me well.
This buying and selling experience also gave me a clear highlight of what I should look for in my next car.

Last edited by NTO : 11th February 2019 at 14:19. Reason: Added a few extra points
NTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 14:53   #20
BHPian

Congrats on the new car. It will put a smile on your face whenever you are stuck in traffic madness on daily basis. I currently own a V CVT like you and agree to most of your points. It's basically a no nonsense car. The only point I really feel it disappoints me is the grunt to overtake on highways. It feels seriously underpowered. Apart from that its a gem of a car.
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 15:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Congratulations on the Jazz, Ved! Also, that's a great review coming your way.

Keep updating this thread as the Jazz clocks more miles in the future.
100%! Thanks for the wishes too

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Congrats buddy.
There is one smart designed element in Honda cars especially when Indian driving conditions are considered. They are ORVMs, especially the ones with integrated blinkers.
I didn't realize this! Thanks for pointing it out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Congratulations on purchasing a great car. I am sure you will enjoy a hassle free ownership experience of this reliable and practical car.
Thanks a lot sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
Congratulations Ved on the new Jazz & on compiling such a brilliant review.

How does the Jazz's 1.2L engine compare with your outgoing Swift's 1.3L engine? The 1.3L engine on the Swift was one revv happy engine with a really high revv limiter (6800 RPM ).
Thanks! Also to answer your question, like I have pointed out, the engine feels strained when pushed but this is not really a problem for us as the driving style is very sedate and the car is hardly pushed above 50 KMPH. However, I have to admit that the Swift felt more fun and peppy to drive(of course my parents observation since I am 16!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Many Congratulations, porsche_guy!

My pick too if I were to choose an automatic hatchback! We have . I have once managed to load up 12 bags in there with the rear seats folded. Those magic seats help too - wonder why Honda took them out.
Thanks! The car indeed is extremely spacious! Although we don't really put all the space to use since its our second car, it is still reassuring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTO View Post
Congratulations on the new car and wishing you million happy miles.

I bought one (V CVT) in the used car market with 4K kms on the odo and less than 6 months old at a good bargain . I had it for 7 months and sold it again. Here are my observations:
Seems like you had gotten a lemon! I find the car to have adequate mileage(10-12KMPL) but build quality has declined for sure. I have highlighted a post for the build quality specifically. The Magic seats are also something we would have loved to have!

Thanks to everyone for the wishes! Really appreciate it!

Cheers!
porsche_guy is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 11:16   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations and welcome to the Honda Jazz CVT club. Having done over 20,000 kms on my automatic Jazz, I can safely say, its one of those well engineered cars that effortlessly does its job without a fuss. Fill it, shut it, forget it. It may not be terrible exciting or set your pulse racing or make you turn around and look at it when you park it but its a very sensible choice especially for people who want to keep a car for several years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
The car is powered by a 1.2L Naturally Aspirated 4 Cylinder engine shared with the Brio and the Amaze. It produces 90HP and 110NM in the Jazz. It is paired to a 7-Step CVT transmission. This combo is nowhere near exciting and just does the job. To be honest, it is a bit of a disappointment as one would expect the City's 1.5L 119HP engine here considering the size of the car. The CVT on the other hand is also not very enthusiastic. Paddleshifters are offered here but we don't have a lot of use for it. The best thing about the combo though is the refinement. Engine noise isn't heard inside and NVH is very nicely contained. After getting the Jazz home, our Vento's 1.6 MPI almost sounds like an SUV
Just wait till you finish your warranty covered services and move away from the decent Honda recommended engine oil to a good engine oil! I didn't think the engine could get any quieter or smoother before trying out Shell's engine oil during the last service at an FNG but quite surprisingly, it did!
neil.jericho is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 10:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Ved, for nicely written detailed review.

Last year we were in the market to replace our 9-years old Swift Dzire. I shortlisted Jazz CVT. We were about to book it. Somehow we ended up buying a WRV. Though we (Dad and wife are regular users) are very much satisfied with WRV, I always wanted to own a CVT. I drove a friend's Jazz CVT many times. I must say it is an amazing package.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 12:15   #24
BHPian

Excellent Thread
Co-incidentally, we were sailing the same boat last June. We wanted a new AT for my parents and it wast time to say good bye to our 2005 Swift ( although it still remains with us - more to it later).
We finalised on Grand i10 Sportz AT because ABS had come in at the last moment and it was mandatory criteria.

What went towards shortlisting Grand i10 was

+ Smaller foot print
+ Discounts (~ 1.2L and a host of complimentary accessories)
+ Conventional AT ( no AMT - no jerks, no CVT - no rubber band effect)
+ Excellent city pick up and comfort

It came with its share of Cons
- 4 speed AT strictly for city use ( we have Sedan for inter city drives)
- Mileage (gives us ~ 11-12 Km/L in city)
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 13:57   #25
BHPian

Congrats on the Jazz. Good review as well.

I had shortlisted the Jazz i-DTEC VX among the cars I wanted to buy when I came back to India, mainly due to it boot space and interior space. The lack of 60:40 Split seats and rear headrest were a big negative and I went with the Brezza which had both of these. I still wonder why Honda has skimped on both of these, even on the WRV which is more a competitor to the Brezza
krish3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 20:20   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the Honda Jazz CVT club. Having done over 20,000 kms on my automatic Jazz, I can safely say, its one of those well engineered cars that effortlessly does its job without a fuss.

Just wait till you finish your warranty covered services and move away from the decent Honda recommended engine oil to a good engine oil!
Thanks! I really hope it turns out to be fuss free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Thanks, Ved, for nicely written detailed review.

I drove a friend's Jazz CVT many times. I must say it is an amazing package.
Indeed it is a good package! Thanks for the wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Excellent Thread
Co-incidentally, we were sailing the same boat last June. We wanted a new AT for my parents and it wast time to say good bye to our 2005 Swift ( although it still remains with us - more to it later).
We finalised on Grand i10 Sportz AT because ABS had come in at the last moment and it was mandatory criteria.
Surely! The Gi10 is an amazing package. We almost booked one and had there not been the huge discount, I would have a Gi10 standing in the grage right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Congrats on the Jazz. Good review as well.

I had shortlisted the Jazz i-DTEC VX among the cars I wanted to buy when I came back to India, mainly due to it boot space and interior space. The lack of 60:40 Split seats and rear headrest were a big negative and I went with the Brezza which had both of these. I still wonder why Honda has skimped on both of these, even on the WRV which is more a competitor to the Brezza
Yes, the non adjustable headrests irk me too. I feel it is one of the biggest negatives of the car especially since the car it replaced(Our 2006 Swift) had them way back! Split seats though, weren't very important for us since the car is used mainly for short distances. Thanks for the wishes though!

Cheers!
porsche_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 20:57   #27
BHPian

Porsche_Guy.
Congratulations on the new vehicle and on an excellent thread detailing the thought process in selecting it and a detailed ownership review with photos.

Wishing you many miles of peaceful ownership and hope to see many more threads created by you. All the best.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 22:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Porsche_Guy.
Congratulations on the new vehicle and on an excellent thread detailing the thought process in selecting it and a detailed ownership review with photos.
Thanks for the wishes!
porsche_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 22:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the buy mate.That's a well written review

So is this a post facelift model? If yes, could you please share some thoughts on the 5" infotainment system? I notice most of the reviewers talk about the digipad 2.O but none speak of the one on V variant.

Thanks in advance
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 12:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hey, am a bit late to congratulate you here. But thanks for sharing a very crisp review

Parting with a good ol' one like the Swift (talking from close friend experiences) and replacing it with another equally competent hatch has its fair share of emotions and expectations. Hoping that you will get to enjoy and keep the Jazz for as long, if not longer, as the earlier Swift.

How's the CVT behaving? Couldn't see your specific views on it.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks