Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2020, 16:10   #46
BHPian

Re: Second innings with Tata’s finest - Hexa XTA in Tungsten Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
Both the times, the experience with Doon Tata Dehradun was fuss free and they attended all the minor issues reported over call to them since I could not go in person.
I am happy to see a good dealer of tata motors in this region.
Other dealers just didn't care about passenger car sales and service. I belive it was because commercial sales brought in most of the profits. It was also discouraging to see a bigger commercial sales outlet just next to the passenger one.

A few questions I want to ask you about Doon Tata, just out of curiosity:
1. Do they have a separate commercial and passenger sales outlet?
2. Do they have a big enough workshop, the tool and most importantly trained technicians to deal with all the regular or uncommon problems?

The last question came up in my head as in my town we have an authorised Maruti service centre which is similar in size to an accessory shop and is no good for anything other than parts sourcing.
Old 14th July 2020, 09:24   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YD14 View Post
A few questions I want to ask you about Doon Tata, just out of curiosity:
1. Do they have a separate commercial and passenger sales outlet?
I don't recall Doon Tata having Tata Commercial sales / service outlet at all. Also, their showroom is located in Dehradun while the service center is on the outskirts towards the airport.
Quote:
2. Do they have a big enough workshop, the tool and most importantly trained technicians to deal with all the regular or uncommon problems?
The workshop is pretty big - I think it has 6 lifts + alignment bay in a spacious hall with similar size hall being shared for front office and tools room. There is a dedicated similar sized hall for body shop with paint booth and stores for spare parts. Technicians are well trained and for anything beyond their control, they are more than willing to reach Tata Motors Tech support via phone for guidance.
Quote:

The last question came up in my head as in my town we have an authorised Maruti service centre which is similar in size to an accessory shop and is no good for anything other than parts sourcing.
Doon Tata is part of a large group - they have Toyota (right besides Tata service center), Kia (not far from Toyota), Mahindra & Honda 3S facilities (there could be other brands too).
A.G. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 11:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
Also, their showroom is located in Dehradun while the service center is on the outskirts towards the airport.
I think you mean Kuwanwala by outskirts.

Quote:
Doon Tata is part of a large group - they have Toyota (right besides Tata service center), Kia (not far from Toyota), Mahindra & Honda 3S facilities (there could be other brands too).
All the showrooms in kuwanwala are part of the same group? That definitely comes as a surprise to me.
Rest aside, thanks for your answers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks