Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2019, 20:27   #46
BHPian

Re: My Big Fat American - Chrysler 300S (5.7L Hemi)

Thank you so much for all the information. Now I shall definitely go. If you happen to go on any trips within the UAE would love to meet up and see your 300S.
Old 16th December 2019, 10:21   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronz_2507 View Post
Thank you so much for all the information. Now I shall definitely go. If you happen to go on any trips within the UAE would love to meet up and see your 300S.
Sure, I am planning a drive to Khor Fakkan. Will PM you and we can co-ordinate and meet.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 13:54   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Sure, I am planning a drive to Khor Fakkan. Will PM you and we can co-ordinate and meet.
Definitely in as long as over the weekends. Sharjah Kalba road is amazing! lets coordinate and have a drive!!
Old 14th June 2020, 20:50   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
While buying the car, I was promised that the service costs will be around 12,600 INR on an average (which is reasonable if true).
How I wish this was true!

I went for my first paid service three weeks back and ended up paying 24k INR for the service.

To be fair, the stuff mentioned in the Chrysler service book would have cost me 12k INR. But the dealership managed to convince me that I need to do a full coolant flush and replace with brand new coolant, which cost 12k more.

Also, last week, the battery died, probably since the car is not being used much due to work from home situation. I looked around for Excide or Amaron, but apparently nobody stocks these for the 80Ah battery which my car needs. Hence, went ahead with a brand called 'Varta', which is of German origin. Costed me 10.5k INR.

Apart from this, the car is running well and has no issues so far, touch wood. I'm craving for a long drive, but it's not feasible in this current pandemic. Hopefully, we can hit the highways soon.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 17:34   #50
Senior - BHPian

A quick update after 16 months -

The 300S' odo now stands at 75k kms. WFH really helped in reducing the office commute miles.

That said, the car is behaving perfectly and reliably, touchwood. Apart from regular services and a battery and tyre change, I have not had any expenses. Usual services in the dealership costs me 20~30K INR, which I feel is very reasonable.

The 5.7 Hemi still holds a solid punch when you smash the throttle. I love the engine characteristics - smooth and refined when you are cruising, but a vicious roar when you are heavy with the throttle.

The eight speed autobox is another strong point. Shifts are seamless and the car cruises at highway speeds at low revs. I am now used to the rotary gear knob and I feel the conventional stalk shifter is "too much trouble".

I have kept the car absolutely stock as a few months down the line, I realized that the car has everything I need plus more. The only mods I had planned was:
- Alloys: The stock 20" alloys in matt bronze looks gorgeous and I could not find a suitable replacement which can match the stance of the car.
- Exhaust: I was very close to installing a louder Magnaflow/Borla exhaust, but I happened to sit in a friend's Dodge Charger with an aftermarket exhaust. While the car sounds really exhilarating at low speeds or red light launches, the irritating drone at cruising speed is something I can't live with.

The only feature I really miss is Android auto and I have made several attempts with the dealer to retrofit one in my existing infotainment, but tough luck!

The seats... these are American seats. Huge, wide and plush! And the Nappa leather feels good and has aged so well.

Do I really care about the poor plastics in the cabin? Hell no. Fit & finish is satisfactory and there are thankfully no rattles or squeaks, so cabin quality is not at all a concern to me.

I still love the way the 300 looks. It's a man's sedan.
Attached Thumbnails
My Big Fat American - Chrysler 300S (5.7L Hemi)-20211002_191044.jpg  

My Big Fat American - Chrysler 300S (5.7L Hemi)-20211002_191104.jpg  

My Big Fat American - Chrysler 300S (5.7L Hemi)-20211002_191131.jpg  

My Big Fat American - Chrysler 300S (5.7L Hemi)-20211002_191330.jpg  

Old 30th November 2021, 15:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram have recently opened up their brand new and sprawling service centre in Dubai and its very fancy indeed. Almost to Ford/Lincoln dealership levels.

Gave the 300 for it's major 100K service today. Although the odo reads 80K, 100K service had to be carried out as per the timeline. I guess this will be last time I will be visiting the dealership for the service as the car will be out of warranty very soon. And their warranty and service packages are ridiculously priced (unlike Ford).

The 100K service included replacement of below -
  • Spark Plug [16 Nos.]
  • Brake Fluid
  • Oil Filter
  • Air Filter
  • AC Filter
  • Engine Oil
Total bill was close to 60K INR, which I feel is reasonable compared to other brands here in UAE.

I have started thinking of a replacement for the 300S, now that it will be out of warranty soon. But due to the current increase in the used car prices, I cannot find a single model which suits all my below requirements within my budget. And even if I do shortlist a car, it won't have even half the features I am currently enjoying in the Chrysler.

So I am casually browsing some used car websites. Some of the shortlisted cars for my next purchase are -

My Big Fat American - Chrysler 300S (5.7L Hemi)-jeepgrandcherokeeslimited2.jpg
Jeep GC - S (V6) or Limited (V8)

My Big Fat American - Chrysler 300S (5.7L Hemi)-12ef75452019gmcsierra1500at4regularcabmiddleeastspec01024x554.jpg[/ATTACH]
GMC Sierra Regular Cab [V8]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks