Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2019, 10:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: JTSV Tiago JTP roars into the garage! Edit: 6,000 kms up

More Joy, Torque and Power! eh?

Tata is officially the king of attention to detail nowadays!

Congratulations on a wonderful machine. It looks lovely in that red! Wouldn't be out of place in an international motor show really.

And I am sure you are going to have a ball with it. Have F.U.N!

PS: If possible get us a video as well - with the noises from that turbo, the exhaust etc.
deetjohn is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 10:20   #17
BHPian

Very interesting writeup dude. Congratulations!!! You have a knack for writing. Keep it going.

As you have rightly mentioned this car is special not just because of the performance alone. But the enthusiasm shown by the designers on the other aspects as well. I liked that cover photo on the owners manual. What a makeover to an otherwise boring manual.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th January 2019 at 07:51. Reason: Minor formatting
manojas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 10:30   #18
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the Tiago JTP!

I hope Tata-JTP go the extra mile in giving you an enjoyable ownership experience for having put significant faith in a brand (Tata) that isn't taking itself seriously enough.

Do take an appointment with that person handling JTP Commercials who saw your tweet and make him understand the simple things they've overlooked: the manufacturer not being updated in the RTO's database and resulting delay in registration, the rear fog lamp.

The car looks terrific; the Team-BHP official review and now your first impression bodes well for the car! I hope you will oblige to a drive around soon.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 10:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
JTSV Tiago JTP: Amazing anti-aging treatment on four wheels
Congrats ksameer1234 on your latest, and probably the greatest (in its class) acquisition!!

Your review quite clearly details your experience of driving a performance car in the way it was designed to, and on that thought, I think there are dollops of fun in store.

Wish you much more happy and high revving mile munching.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 10:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Before I even read the review in full, let me congratulate you on getting one of the best Indian automotive launches in the recent past. Im sure you'll have lots of fun times with this pocket rocket. Your JTP looks smoking hot!

How do you find the seating comfort to be? Are the seats too low/ soft and do they offer good lower back support when driving for long hours?
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 10:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
One small question - did you try the Tigor during the buying process ? I have not driven either, but from the outside the Tigor seems to make a little more sense (the higher price apart) - both for storage and possibly better ride between the two ?
Tigor is definitely practical among the JTP twins offering a humongous boot for its size. However, its price goes a lakh further. Since I don't need the boot space at this moment, I didn't want to stretch my budget that far. However, for anyone with a budget of 9 lakh, Tigor JTP is quite compelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
How do you select which key to grab every day - KTM or JTP?
The choice is easy. When I feel like a having some fun, it is JTP. However, when I feel like a teenager out to conquer the world but having no idea how to do that, it is KTM! On every other day, it is my humble Discover!

Quote:
PS: Was really amazed to read the feedback from your better half. So that means the lag must be well controlled and enjoyable. Nice indeed.
What's good about the power delivery is that it is enjoyable but not scary. I can't pinpoint why but feel that this may be due to very little torque steer and a steering that doesn't feel vague at any point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
Can you please post a photo of the JTSV Authorised Service Centres from the Owners Manual? I vaguely recollect reading somewhere during official launch that, though JTP cars can only be purchased from select few dealers, it can be serviced at any TATA Authorized Service Centre. I'm not sure now!
Will post service center details when I get back home after work. I don't think there is any reason why other service centers won't be able to service JTP since service intervals, fluid specifications etc are all same as Tiago. The only issue might be during the warranty period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
PS: If possible get us a video as well - with the noises from that turbo, the exhaust etc.
That was the first thing I wanted to do. I even woke up at 4 AM to get to a long tunnel nearby. But road noise and wind noise made it difficult to capture anything. If I have to describe it in words, the roar from exhaust in a tunnel is simply unbelievable. And it is accompanied by turbo whistle and intake noise making it a proper symphony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I hope Tata-JTP go the extra mile in giving you an enjoyable ownership experience for having put significant faith in a brand (Tata) that isn't taking itself seriously enough.
Don't want to be so harsh on them. But coming from a Tiago owner, won't dismiss it either!

Quote:
Do take an appointment with that person handling JTP Commercials who saw your tweet and make him understand the simple things they've overlooked: the manufacturer not being updated in the RTO's database and resulting delay in registration, the rear fog lamp.
I have a meet planned with him, a very nice guy and an enthusiast as well. On delay in registration, I was expecting this from beginning. Had similar experience with KTM which got registered almost 45 days after launch. I don't understand why manufacturers don't start this process a lot earlier.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th January 2019 at 07:52. Reason: Minor formatting
ksameer1234 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 11:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Ksameer1234. I simply love the Tiago JTP even without having driven one. And the JTP in red is drool worthy. Hope you have a fabulous ownership experience.

PS: What a picture on the owners manual and what a way to design the owner manual. First Tata car after the Safari that I am head over heels in love with.
rrsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 11:45   #23
BHPian

Congratulations Sameer! well written ownership review on one of the hot hatches of today. Looks very premium. Would be interesting to know how fast it manages 0-100.
Thermodynamics is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 11:56   #24
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Sameer for your latest toy.

I had a chance to drive the Tiago JTP recently. Its peppy and fun but as you rightly pointed out, the interior plastics feel hard and the ride quality is supple. Even with a lowered stance and bigger wheels, the JTP still looks quite raised. You may consider lowering it even further at a later stage with stiffer springs to get that go-kart feel.

Drive safe !
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 13:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
How do you find the seating comfort to be? Are the seats too low/ soft and do they offer good lower back support when driving for long hours?
I haven't spent a lot of time in the seat so can't confirm but I they are mostly similar to Tiago, only slightly more beefier. Depending on how you find Tiago seats, these won't be much different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Would be interesting to know how fast it manages 0-100.
Tata has quoted 9.95 sec figure for 0-100 kph. I personally haven't done anything close as yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Even with a lowered stance and bigger wheels, the JTP still looks quite raised.
Yes, it does look quite a bit raised. However, I am fine with the current setup, which itself is stiffer than Tiago. Anything more and the car would a pain on bad roads. I already have a bike which refuses to take anything other than national highways!

Last edited by ksameer1234 : 25th January 2019 at 13:24.
ksameer1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 14:56   #26
BHPian

Like a Kaanthari, Chota Packet Bada Dhamaka

JTSV Tiago JTP roars into the garage! Edit: 6,000 kms up-redchillies.jpg image source
Thermodynamics is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 15:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations on the pocket rocket. Nicely written review, seems straight from the heart. Must say TATA & Jayem folks do have a great taste. No useless gaudy stickering & the red-black combo looks dope

One question regarding the vents on the bonnet. During rains I guess water can enter into the engine bay from there, can that be an issue? Am sure the JTSV folks would have thought it through but as a layman was wondering about its implications

P.S: Has the TIAGO been tested by G-NCAP yet? It feels well built but a test result would be good to see. Don't think any car in its segment is as strongly built.

Last edited by SoumenD : 25th January 2019 at 15:39.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 15:59   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations mate!

As a fellow RC 390 user, I don't think stiff suspensions bother us anymore

It more bang for the buck than the extremely VFM RC 390.

Detailed review BTW!! Wishing you lots and lots of smiles with miles in your Tiago.

On choosing between keys, I am very sure any enthusiast would pick the RC 390's, even if they had an Abarth Punto in contention.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 25th January 2019 at 16:01.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 16:24   #29
BHPian

Congrats Sameer! I was eagerly awaiting for a JTP ownership thread. This is one car that I wouldn't mind trading-in my Thar for. Love the Thar a lot but this is just so appealing and just the right price. A nice little car that is built for the enthusiasts by the enthusiasts at Jayem Auto, truly democratic.
spd_tkt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 17:09   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
One question regarding the vents on the bonnet. During rains I guess water can enter into the engine bay from there, can that be an issue?
This is the first question which everyone asks me when they see the vent! To be honest, I don't know if the water entering engine bay will cause any problem. But I sincerely hope that this must have been thought of during design as well as testing.
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks