Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2019, 16:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Trend Plus AT (Facelift) - Ownership experience of my ShadowFax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
For the wheels, I'd suggest you get the OEM 16" Alloys from the Titanium. They wouldn't cost as much as the reputed aftermarket ones would cost and would look clean IMHO.
Just remembered that one gentleman from our Facebook group had bought the Trend Plus and had black alloys installed from the dealership immediately after delivery. The alloys were from the pre-facelift EcoSport which can be seen in below post -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post3235853 (Ford EcoSport : Official Review)

It cost him Rs. 64,000 for 5 alloy wheels and the dealership refused to exchange/take back the steel wheels.

But I've not come across anyone using the alloy wheels from the facelift models on their lower variants. I am not a fan of the Titanium's alloy design, the newer 16" on the Titanium Plus is also strictly ok. The one's on Titanium S and Signature look awesome! Too bad they're 17" :(
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 21:10   #17
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Trend Plus AT (Facelift) - Ownership experience of my ShadowFax

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post

It cost him Rs. 64,000 for 5 alloy wheels and the dealership refused to exchange/take back the steel wheels.

But I've not come across anyone using the alloy wheels from the facelift models on their lower variants. I am not a fan of the Titanium's alloy design, the newer 16" on the Titanium Plus is also strictly ok. The one's on Titanium S and Signature look awesome! Too bad they're 17" :(
To be honest, the 64,000 price tag seems too steep for the alloys. I'd rather get aftermarket alloys of stock PCD for that price (Momo offers it in almost all PCD sizes). The steel rims and wheel caps are inexpensive (~ 1,500 to 2,000 bucks per rim + wheel caps) and hence the dealerships are reluctant to buy them.

The alloys from the Titanium don't look that good but they look decent. The alloys on the S and Signature as you said look sweet. I only wish they weren't the 17" ones. Try looking out for used alloys from the pre-facelift Ecosport and paint them to grey. It'd look good.
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 22:47   #18
BHPian

I must say the DashCam has been doing its job really well. I had installed it primarily to protect myself in cases of accidents where it wasn't my fault. We all know, in India, people have a habit of blaming the larger vehicle.

A month back, I, my wife and some friends were returning home at night. I slowed down at an intersection as there were cars infront of me. I intended to go straight but out of no where, 2 guys on a scooter came out from the left rear of my car and cut across me to go to the right! As evident from the video, I was thankfully at only 5 kph and stopped immediately as they hit the car's front left bumper. We helped them up and fortunately they agreed to their fault and we left. I worried unnecessary scuffle to take place if they would've blamed us, but I was perfectly calm at the time knowing that I had this video with me.

ShadowFax received minor abrasions on the bottom most part of the front left bumper which is not visible to anyone but me. I felt bad inspecting those marks the next morning but have decided to live with it. Part and parcel of driving in India, sadly.

FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 09:24   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase buddy. We have the same variant in the family. Even after 6 years post launch, Ecosport still remains the package to beat in the C-SUV. One of the main criteria for people going for C-SUV is the higher seating position; in Brezza, Nexon, Duster, Creta you practically get a low seating position though the floor is set high. Ecosport face-lift delivers big time here, both in the front row and back row. The under-thigh support is outstanding.

Enjoy every single drive !
xjosephjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 10:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Congrats on the purchase buddy.
Enjoy every single drive !
Thanks Joseph! I sure am enjoying every drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
...in Brezza, Nexon, Duster, Creta you practically get a low seating position though the floor is set high.
Oh! I wasn't aware of that. Although I've experienced the Duster, but never back to back with the EcoSport. Do you mean the EcoSport has taller seats than these other CSUVs even though the floor is more or less at a similar height off the ground? Won't the Duster's/Nexon's slightly higher GC balance it out?
Old 7th March 2019, 12:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Very good review, @Frodo. Loved reading all the details and seeing the pictures. Wish you happy motoring!

I am curious to know where you bought those seat cushions from, and for how much. Further, how much did the dashcam cost?
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 14:50   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Very good review, @Frodo. Loved reading all the details and seeing the pictures. Wish you happy motoring!

I am curious to know where you bought those seat cushions from, and for how much. Further, how much did the dashcam cost?
Thanks @vnabhi! Here are the details you requested -

Viofo A119 V2 DashCam @ Rs. 6515
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32701811121.html

Neck support cushion @ Rs. 1229
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32789188555.html

Lumbar support cushion @ Rs. 1146
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/-/32777405863.html
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 20:57   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Neck support cushion @ Rs. 1229
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32789188555.html
How useful is the neck support? It looks really interesting. Does the lower portion foul with the back? Could you post a pic with you sitting in the car?
Old 8th March 2019, 16:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
How useful is the neck support? It looks really interesting. Does the lower portion foul with the back? Could you post a pic with you sitting in the car?
The wedge shape of the neck rest sits just behind the neck and the lower portion supports the upper back. Overall, both the cushions combined gives a good comfortable support from the head to the lower back and keeps the posture straight. Here's the pic you requested -

Ford EcoSport Trend Plus AT (Facelift) - Ownership experience of my ShadowFax-img_20190308_07500701.jpeg
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 16:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The wedge shape of the neck rest sits just behind the neck and the lower portion supports the upper back. Overall, both the cushions combined gives a good comfortable support from the head to the lower back and keeps the posture straight. Here's the pic you requested -

Attachment 1857120
Is the additional support really required under normal circumstances? I always felt on my multiple drives in the Ecosport that it has among the best front seats in the business, complete with good lower back and thigh support. The side bolstering also ensures that you have a snug fit in the drivers seat. For heavier built persons it might be a little narrow, though. For any build less than heavy, the seats appear to have great support.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 8th March 2019 at 16:51.
Old 8th March 2019, 17:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Is the additional support really required under normal circumstances? I always felt on my multiple drives in the Ecosport that it has among the best front seats in the business, complete with good lower back and thigh support. The side bolstering also ensures that you have a snug fit in the drivers seat. For heavier built persons it might be a little narrow, though. For any build less than heavy, the seats appear to have great support.
True. It would surely differ from person to person depending on their built. For me, the thigh support and side bolstering feels comfortable but I always felt ache in the mid to lower back during longer drives. So I bought both the cushions as I wasn't sure if either one would solve the problem. Now I feel comfortably fine on long journeys with no back ache. Also the cushions help me sit straight and upright and slightly forward which helps me to see the bonnet from that seat position. Hence it has worked out well for me.
Old 11th March 2019, 09:08   #27
BHPian

Another difference between Trend Plus AT and Titanium Plus AT which I hadn't included in my review. Came to know about it recently, so suffice to say that I haven't used it ever!

Trend Plus AT has a Grade Assist button on the right side of the gear lever -
Ford EcoSport Trend Plus AT (Facelift) - Ownership experience of my ShadowFax-img_20190308_0804220101.jpeg

On pressing the button, this grade assist icon lights up on the instrument panel -
Ford EcoSport Trend Plus AT (Facelift) - Ownership experience of my ShadowFax-img_20190308_0823570201.jpeg

Usage of Grade Assist as per user manual -
"Provides additional grade braking with
a combination of engine motoring and
high-voltage battery charging to help
maintain vehicle speed when
descending a grade."
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 12:04   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Another difference between Trend Plus AT and Titanium Plus AT which I hadn't included in my review. Came to know about it recently, so suffice to say that I haven't used it ever!

Trend Plus AT has a Grade Assist button on the right side of the gear lever -
Attachment 1858075

On pressing the button, this grade assist icon lights up on the instrument panel -
Attachment 1858076

Usage of Grade Assist as per user manual -
"Provides additional grade braking with
a combination of engine motoring and
high-voltage battery charging to help
maintain vehicle speed when
descending a grade."
It's basically for driving downhill such that it provides engine braking and prevents upshifting so as to give you easier control and not have the vehicle speed up too much.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 09:54   #29
BHPian

Bought these window sunshades for ₹1022 from Autofurnish. These are custom fit, non-magnetic and non-zippered. Total 4 pieces for front and rear windows. Fit is really good and almost perfect. Slides between the window glass and the inner frame of the door and stays steady when moving the window glass up/down or when opening/closing the door. Front ones are designed to leave some space at the front for transactions (parking ticket, toll receipts, office ID card swap etc). Quality and finish of the sunshades looks good. My only usage for these would be during highway trips in summer, so for that purpose these seem more than adequate. These would also be fine for someone looking for daily usage IMO. Link and photos below -

https://www.autofurnish.com/custom-f...rts-2017-4-pcs

Ford EcoSport Trend Plus AT (Facelift) - Ownership experience of my ShadowFax-img_20190414_07063201.jpeg

Ford EcoSport Trend Plus AT (Facelift) - Ownership experience of my ShadowFax-img_20190414_07043001.jpeg
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 11:38   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Bought these window sunshades for ₹1022 from Autofurnish. These are custom fit, non-magnetic and non-zippered.
Thanks a lot for sharing this. Even I ordered a set of it and got it for 900 something with New User discount coupon. It really fits well and looks premium.
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks