Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2019, 11:05   #31
BHPian

Re: Audi Q5 - Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
Thanks, and congrats to you too! Somehow we didnt see ourselves. Dont know why we didnt feel that way about BMW.

The S5 and Q5 arent even close in terms of power, so hope that hasnt been the basis for your decision, ninjax.
Thanks! We had never driven an Audi Petrol so we drove the S5, my reason for tipping the scales is the build and ofcourse the discounts! Somehow felt the Q5 to be sturdier(our perception). While the GLC had burmeister audio, We have to make do with audi's factory speakers. The Beemers were never in the consideration for us, The guys here in TN looked at me with bewilderment when i asked for a petrol SUV. The front seats were good, the rear seats were sad,no thigh support and felt as though they were put in as an afterthought. The SA at BMW was more bent on pushing the X4 than the X3.

The reason we went ahead with the Audi was the added ability to remap the ecu for unlocking more power and general moddability of the VW lineup.
Old 21st July 2019, 15:42   #32
BHPian

So... this one is starting to look like it will be a project.

This last Wednesday while on the way back from office the steering started to creak. My driver was driving that day, and somewhere on Western Express Highway, the creaking started. I could hear it sitting at the back seat. Asked him to change from auto to comfort mode to see if that made a difference. It didnt. Thought it might be tyre pressure. So he came early next morning and filled air in the tyres (only the front two were down by a point). For a lot of the ride to the office that day, it seemed OK, and then, as we took the left off the highway, the creaking started again.

My office is on the same road as the Audi workshop, so my driver dropped me off and took the car to the workshop later in the morning. The service executive took a test drive, and realized what the problem was. Said they will have to run diagnostics as well as check if wiring has been eaten by rats (the nightmare scenario at every workshop visit). However, they couldnt do it until the next morning (Friday). He said the earliest they would be able to get back after completing all tests was Saturday. So already three days in the workshop for a 6 month old car. I had to travel the weekend, so wasnt in a hurry. Told him that all I really care about is that I have the car with me from Monday (its a busy week).

Saturday afternoon, no call. I followed up. The executive said they hadn't isolated the issue, and will surely get back by evening. He called that evening and said they had isolated the issue. There was some problem in communication between the steering rack and the computer, and so the entire steering rack will have to be changed, nothing less. No steering racks available for the Q5 in the country (they have not seen this issue before), and so this will take 15 days to be imported from Germany, starting Monday.

Great! Six months in, and the car is out for 20 days. Told him that I need a replacement. I can manage for a couple of days without a car, not for 15 more. When he told me they dont have any, I gave a piece of my mind to him. He has said he will try and get back to me with an answer Monday afternoon.

I can see that this is going to get ugly. My first car, the Ford Fusion, was a project. Something or the other used to be the issue with it. No such problems with the Jetta.

Otherwise the car has been a dream these six months, if not for the missing tyre inflator kit at delivery and this. I'm worried about this one now. Lets see how it goes. Just to be armed, anyone know any senior Audi folks?
Aurum is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 19:10   #33
BHPian

Really sorry to know about your plight, just write to their customer care ( customer.first @myaudi .in ) and keep the Audi Germany in CC.
They will immediately assign you a complaint reference. I know from personal experience that it will work.
I had mailed Rahil Ansari when my car developed issues in March this year, but he has left the company last month.
Trust me once you write them an email, you will definitely get responce.
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 21:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaln View Post
Really sorry to know about your plight, just write to their customer care ( customer.first @myaudi .in ) and keep the Audi Germany in CC.
Thanks, this is very useful. I'll go down this route only if needed. I usually like to give the system a chance. Maybe they'll sort this out on their own.
Aurum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 14:31   #35
BHPian

Quote:
So... this one is starting to look like it will be a project.

Told him that I need a replacement. I can manage for a couple of days without a car, not for 15 more. When he told me they dont have any, I gave a piece of my mind to him. He has said he will try and get back to me with an answer Monday afternoon.

I can see that this is going to get ugly. My first car, the Ford Fusion, was a project. Something or the other used to be the issue with it. No such problems with the Jetta.
Audi Chennai (Run by Jubilant) gives a spare car and i thought this is supposed to be standard.You can push them to give you a spare car something that Volvo didn't do it for us(V40).

Never knew you also had a Ford Fusion! I had one too, after which i took a Yeti. Hope this gets resolved at the earliest.
ninjax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 21:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjax View Post
Audi Chennai (Run by Jubilant) gives a spare car and i thought this is supposed to be standard.You can push them to give you a spare car something that Volvo didn't do it for us(V40).

Never knew you also had a Ford Fusion! I had one too, after which i took a Yeti. Hope this gets resolved at the earliest.
They did give me a spare car yesterday, about 10 days into the situation, and 5-6 days before I'm supposed to get my own car back. I repeatedly requested them to give me a courtesy car early (any class any size any brand) just so that I can get around in Mumbai monsoons for meetings. Somehow, a car company couldn't manage a car. They did give me a Q7 yesterday, but a Polo last week would have been more useful. I have given a piece of my mind to Audi Corporate as well.

Immediate impressions of the Q7 now that I have spent a few hours driving it in Mumbai traffic. Great ride comfort (the air suspension is sublime!), but somehow I feel the 3 litre diesel is less refined and responsive than the 2 litre petrol that the Q5 (and Q7) has. I'm sure highways will tell a different story. Even the 3 litre seems more frugal than the 2 litre petrol though. The leather seats are much nicer and the linings are alcantara, but apart from that, the interiors arent that different from the Q5. Of course, the space is great. The version I have seems to be Technology (it has the virtual cockpit), but it doesnt have stop-start or Android Auto. At 40k kms, its probably a version from a year or two ago.
Aurum is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 10:16   #37
BHPian

Touch Screen for AUdi Q5 2009-12

Guys, looking at aftermarket touchscreen options for my 2010 Audi Q5. Has anybody gone this route for their Audis and if so, any Bengaluru based solution providers? Thanks in advance for your time.
Old 4th August 2019, 21:51   #38
BHPian

Audi gave me the car on Friday, a few days before expected. As soon as I had it back, I remembered how much I enjoy driving this car. Even better than the Q7, actually. So all's good now. My only quibble - I had filled half a tank more of diesel than I needed in the courtesy car. Requested Audi if they can adjust in some way.

My wife had the Q7 the last day. She likes the ride of the Q5 better, while I thought the Q7 was more plush. Once again, so much in the eyes of the beholder.

Audi announced launch of the My Audi Connect service a few days back. Have asked the dealership about it.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...o-india-413700
Aurum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 21:18   #39
BHPian

The car's doing well. Random updates:

- The My Audi Connect service will be launched only for Dealers in September. No idea why they announced pricing then.
- Sometime in the last few weeks it crossed 5k kms. With the horrible Mumbai monsoon traffic, the average is between 6-7 km/ litre. Am sure it will improve once the insane traffic eases after the monsoon.
- Google updated Android Auto to a new version a week ago. Unfortunately, the right press on the MMI controller that used to bring up Google Assistant doesnt work any more. Hope they sort it out.
- Somewhere in the whole steering rack replacement episode, the dashcam SD card got lost. It's likely it was taken out at the workshop, but I'm tired of battles with service now, so not taking it forward very intensively.
Aurum is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 10:45   #40
BHPian

Re: Touch Screen for AUdi Q5 2009-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_ocean View Post
Guys, looking at aftermarket touchscreen options for my 2010 Audi Q5. Has anybody gone this route for their Audis and if so, any Bengaluru based solution providers? Thanks in advance for your time.
rsnav is a great choice. You get good support from Mr. Daniel.
I have upgraded in my Q5 and my car is "connected" now with a 4G Jio network.
Old 11th October 2019, 09:22   #41
BHPian

I saw a press release again recently for my Audi Connect (after their first one in August). And lo and behold, now there is a section on the website where you can register. In the FAQs, it even says its available immediately. Great! So I register...

I also called up the dealer and workshop. Workshop had no clue. Sales guys at the dealer gave mixed messages. First I heard that they had gone through the training, and it would be available in the next few days. Next I was told that it would only be available when the A6 is launched later in the month.

Meanwhile, the Audi customer service team called me from Bangalore, saying it is indeed available immediately. The dealer then tells me they will get in touch with Audi to find out. All of this happened last week.

On Monday, I wrote to a senior person in Audi. I got a call the same day asking if I was available between Wed and Fri to have it installed. I said indeed I was!

Its Friday today, and silence so far.

In my company, if a customer was willing to hand over 20k, we would take it the same day. Clearly, Audi in India has more money than they know what to do with.
Aurum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 09:00   #42
BHPian

The myAudi connect device got installed Saturday morning. Pretty smoothly done at the end. They asked me for a time of convenience for the car to be brought to the workshop. The device probably took 20 mins to be installed, while someone explained the features to me.

Its a pretty useful piece of kit for most people, especially if someone else also drives the car (e.g. a driver). Will try and do a more detailed review later, but the essentially here is what you get as a user.
- You know where the car is at all times
- You can be notified if the car goes outside an area it shouldnt or is driven at a time it shouldnt, or is going faster than it should.
- You get notified if the driving is harsh (acceleration, brake, sharp turns)
- Stats and notifications about fuel, coolant, battery etc.
- Notifications if the car is disturbed or being towed while parked, or if the engine is running on idle for more than 10 minutes (driver using for AC)
- Also, notification if someone tries to remove the device

Beyond this there are gamification things like points for good driving, a third party concierge service etc.

It costs 20k for the device and the usage for 3 years. After that the only cost of the service is the Vodafone service charge. Audi has no further charges apparently. Well worth the money for me. Abroad, you can take actions on the car, e.g. immobilize it, start/ stop etc. Those are not allowed here apparently.
Aurum is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 17:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Audi Q5, Q7 prices reduced for limited period

The Q5’s price has been reduced by Rs 5.9 lakh while the Q7 sees a reduction of up to Rs 6.1 lakh.

Quote:
To commemorate the 10th anniversary of the Q5 and Q7 in India, Audi has announced a ‘limited period celebratory pricing’ for the SUVs. The starting price for the Q5 45 TFSI petrol and 40 TDI diesel has been brought down to Rs 49.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India), representing a Rs 5.9 lakh reduction. The Q7 45 TFSI petrol is now on offer from Rs 68.9 lakh (a Rs 4.92 lakh reduction) while the 45 TDI diesel is now available from Rs 71.99 lakh, which is Rs 6.1 lakh less than the original price.
Source
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 14:35   #44
BHPian

Quote:
After nearly 2500 kms over 3 months, here are my top likes and dislikes:
Hi Aurum,

Congrats on the lovely car. Quick questions:

1. Does the car not come with any form of ambient lighting? In center console and doors etc?

2. The press cars seem to have the S line kit and 360 camera , was that optional?

3. Does the car have auto parking - Self pask assist, not sure since i noticed that you dont have the side parking sensors?

Thanks.
Old 4th August 2020, 15:49   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Hi Aurum,

Congrats on the lovely car. Quick questions:

1. Does the car not come with any form of ambient lighting? In center console and doors etc?

There is white ambient lighting in the door, under the seats, and I think in the console too (not sure, will check next time I drive). No options to customize colour. Now that I've had the car for some time, it all just seems nice to have.

2. The press cars seem to have the S line kit and 360 camera , was that optional?

No, neither was available at the time I bought the car. There wasnt anything I could have specced my car more with, except getting the rims coloured.

3. Does the car have auto parking - Self park assist, not sure since i noticed that you dont have the side parking sensors?

The car does not have any park assist.

Thanks.
My responses above in line.
Aurum is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks