Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2019, 23:39   #16
BHPian

Re: Exteriors

Hi Joxter, Congratulations on the car! Wish you many happy miles with the beast. I recall seeing your car on the alloy wheel show-off thread (The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!) and was hoping to see an ownership experience soon. Obviously us petrol-heads are excited to be getting this variant on our roads sooner than later (finger crossed!). Related thread. (Rumour: Skoda Octavia RS245 to be introduced in India)

Having said that, at a price point north of 40L, it'll probably not have as many takers.

Also, since you're in Belgium, I'm sure you have plans to drive across the border onto the Autobahn to unleash it's full potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post

Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) in Performance Mode Select:
- Performance Sound Generator
Curious - Is this an exhaust valve Open/Close system which changes the exhaust characteristics or the sound is played through the speakers?

Quote:
Alloy wheels 7,5J x 19 "XTREME - Black Polished:
Drool-worthy! This just makes the car look that much more aggressive.

Quote:
The VIN number easily visible through the right corner of the windscreen.
^^ I'd probably suggest you to remove this pic (Or blacken part of the VIN for security purposes).
nerd1200 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 12:59   #17
BANNED

Re: Black Magic - My Škoda Octavia RS 245

Huge congratulations to you for your beautiful beast @Joxster! I am a huge lover of Octavia, and more of the facelifted one! VRs is just icing on the cake. Loved reading your review, it is very well written. Wish you a lot of happy and unforgettable miles with it.

I just have one question, how come electric seats are an option in your car instead of being standard? If I am not mistaken, VRs includes the top variant of the car, doesn't it?
Simat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 23:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .HEM View Post
Congratulations on your new Octavia RS!! Enjoy your black beauty.
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .HEM View Post
Your experience proves Skoda service is the same, not just in India, but all over the world.
I was disappointed with my pre-ownership experience, but I am satisfied with my ownership experience so far! They have been good to interact with during my repair jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
That's one long and detailed review Joxster. Congrats on your new car. I remember seeing your car's pictures on the Octavia RS thread and went back to confirm it was your car. I can see the excitement level in this thread + review thread.
Thank you for the wishes and the compliment!

Quote:
Sad to read that Skoda service is not up to mark anywhere you go. But I hope you have they make up for it with you during the course of your ownership.
See my response above to .HEM on this aspect.

Quote:
Didn't you order the wheels in Black Polished finish and Skoda managed to get the same for you? The wheels on your car look stunning. Lovely spec you have chosen.
Yes, I ordered the wheels in the Black Polished finish, but they delivered them in the Anthracite finish, with the agreement to swap the wheels on the car once the ones I ordered arrived. However, since I damaged one of the wheels, I decided to stick with what I had on the car, because I would have had to pay for the damaged one otherwise. So, it is still the Anthracite finished wheels on my car from the beginning.
Oh, and thank you for another compliment!

Quote:
There are rumours that Skoda could introduce the RS245 in India. Hope they do.
I hope so too! I wanted to get my review out to help prospective owners before that happens

Quote:
Looking at your choices, the Octavia was the obvious way out as it offers the perfect blend of performance and practicality. I love the Fiesta ST but it is a small hatchback at the end of the day.
Totally agree! Maybe my next car will be an impractical two-seater

Quote:
Wish you many happy miles with the Octavia RS245.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
Great review ! Makes us Indian enthusiasts all the more hopeful for the RS245's launch at a sensible price.
Thank you for the compliment! I hope Skoda is sensible about it too. I'm sure that there are a lot of enthusiasts smacking their chops for the next round of Octavia RS's in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Hi Joxter, Congratulations on the car! Wish you many happy miles with the beast. I recall seeing your car on the alloy wheel show-off thread and was hoping to see an ownership experience soon.
Thank you very much! I hope you enjoyed the review.

Quote:
Obviously us petrol-heads are excited to be getting this variant on our roads sooner than later (finger crossed!).
Having said that, at a price point north of 40L, it'll probably not have as many takers.
I hope Skoda is sensible with the pricing. This car can really fly off the shelves if priced right.

Quote:
Also, since you're in Belgium, I'm sure you have plans to drive across the border onto the Autobahn to unleash it's full potential.
You betcha! Hopefully I will have a GoPro by then, and can capture the experience

Quote:
Curious - Is this an exhaust valve Open/Close system which changes the exhaust characteristics or the sound is played through the speakers?
Just sound through the speakers unfortunately! It doesn't sound bad at all though. And hey, at least they didn't fake the engine sound.

Quote:
Drool-worthy! This just makes the car look that much more aggressive.
I drool every time I look at the wheels! The car just doesn't look the same without them.

Quote:
I'd probably suggest you to remove this pic (Or blacken part of the VIN for security purposes).
Fully appreciate your suggestion, and thank you for your concern mate. However, just like a license plate, the VIN number is visible all the time to everyone, and after some research online, I decided that since you don't cover it on the streets, there is no danger in it being displayed online either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simat View Post
Huge congratulations to you for your beautiful beast @Joxster! I am a huge lover of Octavia, and more of the facelifted one! VRs is just icing on the cake. Loved reading your review, it is very well written. Wish you a lot of happy and unforgettable miles with it.
Thank you very much for the compliment and for your wishes! I'm happy that you enjoyed reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simat View Post
I just have one question, how come electric seats are an option in your car instead of being standard? If I am not mistaken, VRs includes the top variant of the car, doesn't it?
Skoda India included the electric seats as part of the standard kit on the RS 230, but it has always been an option here in Belgium. Again, the standard kit differs based on the country. For example, in some of the eastern European countries, you get more kit as standard.

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 20:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrat!! Happy tripping. Great review. it's just that the drooling doesn't stop.

This has a lot of good inputs for prospective buyers of the RS 245 when it comes out in India. It's rumoured to be priced at around 40 lakhs but I hope Skoda sees it fit to price it at a more reasonable price here. They should take a lesson from the way the RS 230 went out like hot cakes.

Did you get a chance to try the RS 245 with manual transmission? Also do you use the regular fuel available there or does Skoda recommend one of those high octane variants?

What the service interval like? It is a flexible kind of deal where the vehicle diagnostics decide based on oil quality etc or is it a fixed interval like every 10k kms etc?

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 15:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Congrat!! Happy tripping. Great review. it's just that the drooling doesn't stop.

This has a lot of good inputs for prospective buyers of the RS 245 when it comes out in India.
Thank you very much for the compliment!

Quote:
It's rumoured to be priced at around 40 lakhs but I hope Skoda sees it fit to price it at a more reasonable price here. They should take a lesson from the way the RS 230 went out like hot cakes.
Completely agree.

Quote:
Did you get a chance to try the RS 245 with manual transmission?
No, I did not. In fact, I didn't ask for a test drive with the manual transmission, because I knew that it might change my decision.

Quote:
Also do you use the regular fuel available there or does Skoda recommend one of those high octane variants?
I have covered this point in the last post of my review, but quoting it again for you:

Quote:
This baby is fine sipping, err gulping 95 RON, great!
95 RON is regular fuel in Europe. 98 RON is the high octane fuel.

Quote:
What the service interval like? It is a flexible kind of deal where the vehicle diagnostics decide based on oil quality etc or is it a fixed interval like every 10k kms etc?
This is a great question, and one that I should have mentioned in my review, so I will ask the mods to add it in perhaps.

The service interval of my car is 30k kilometers or 2 years, whichever is earlier.

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 14:55   #21
BHPian

I recently found out that someone else who works in my office building also owns a Black Magic Octavia RS 245, so I had to take a twinning picture! My car was dirty from multiple trips on dusty country roads, so its easy to distinguish.

Black Magic - My Škoda Octavia RS 245-1.jpg
Black Magic - My Škoda Octavia RS 245-2.jpg

I like the way the diffuser looks on the other car! Thinking of getting one fitted on my car as well, but would love to hear the opinions of other members here.

Here's a better picture of how it looks, sourced from https://maxtondesign.eu/product-eng-...-Facelift.html
Black Magic - My Škoda Octavia RS 245-eng_pm_reardiffuserskodaoctaviaiiirsprefacefacelift1805_2.jpg

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 18:37   #22
BHPian

The pair look awesome together!

Quote:
I like the way the diffuser looks on the other car! Thinking of getting one fitted on my car as well, but would love to hear the opinions of other members here.
In my opinion the car looks better in stock form. The diffuser just makes the rear a tad too busy for my taste, but it wouldn't be wrong considering this car has the go to compliment it.

Slightly OT, I spot a rear wiper on the other car. Is that available as an option?

Regards
Abhinav

Last edited by Abhinav_2502 : 19th June 2019 at 18:38. Reason: Error in query
Abhinav_2502 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 18:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
The pair look awesome together!

Quote:
In my opinion the car looks better in stock form. The diffuser just makes the rear a tad too busy for my taste, but it wouldn't be wrong considering this car has the go to compliment it.
Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Quote:
Slightly OT, I spot a rear wiper on the other car. Is that available as an option?
You've got keen eyes mate. Yes, it is an option, but was part of an additional package which included the electric seats if I remember correctly.
At that point, my budget didn't allow me to choose any more options, otherwise I would've just ticked the whole list, haha.

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 10:10   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Joxter - IMHO the rear is looking great in stock form. So, I would suggest you to leave it as it is. The diffuser in the other car looks little busy.

Also, can you try changing the exhaust tips to brushed aluminium (or) gun metal shade?
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 00:34   #25
BHPian

Hi Everyone!

I've clocked a little over 7000 kilometers in the car so far, and I have loved every single minute of it! This car just puts a massive grin on my face whenever I push it even a little, and I always look back at it after parking

Registration Change: I had a change of employment type, so needed to transfer the registration of the car from my name to the name of my new company, but decided to just go the whole hog and get a personalized number plate.
There wasn't a single doubt in my mind about what I wanted written on the number plate, because this is something I gave a lot of thought to earlier. So, without further ado, here it is!

Black Magic - My Škoda Octavia RS 245-img_8655.jpg

Black Magic - My Škoda Octavia RS 245-img_8657.jpg

I guess I am the first Team-BHP member to ever get his car's registration to match his forum handle
Maybe the mods should make me a Distinguished member in honor of this, lol. Just kidding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Also, can you try changing the exhaust tips to brushed aluminium (or) gun metal shade?
I'm so sorry mate! Didn't realize that I never replied to your suggestion. I would really love to change the exhaust tips to a darker color, but since this is a lease car, I don't want to make irreversible changes, because if I don't end up buying the car at the end of the lease period, then I need to pay for the replacement parts.

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 01:28   #26
BHPian

Re: Interiors

That truly looks gorgeous! THe colour makes it look really aggressive and ready to pounce.

Love the seat design and the vRS badging on them.

For regular use, especially in countries with ferocious speed regulations, this is almost a supercar for the acceleration it provides upto the speed limits!!
51morris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 15:47   #27

Lovely car and equally lovely plate. I am a huge fan of custom plates but since my car is registered in my employer's name, sadly i can't do it yet.

PS: Did you consider de-badging it?
the_real_slager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 17:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51morris View Post
That truly looks gorgeous! THe colour makes it look really aggressive and ready to pounce.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_slager View Post
Lovely car and equally lovely plate. I am a huge fan of custom plates but since my car is registered in my employer's name, sadly i can't do it yet.
Thank you very much for the compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_slager View Post
PS: Did you consider de-badging it?
Not at all. I honestly like the badges on the car

Cheers
Old 12th August 2019, 17:13   #29

Quote:
Thank you very much for the compliments!

Not at all. I honestly like the badges on the car

Cheers
I will keep an eye for the "Joxster" if i am driving around Mechelen in the coming days. Drive safe and Enjoy.
the_real_slager is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 00:31   #30
BHPian

I recently took the car on a long drive to a race track in France, and back home. You can read about that experience here.

It was a rather uneventful and smooth drive of about 212 kilometers each way. Since it is summer holidays here in Europe, many people go on vacation, and that meant very empty roads for the most part. With the adaptive cruise control locked at the speed limit, some real good music playing through those Canton speakers, and a good friend giving me company, the journey was very relaxed and pleasurable. I thought that the car might feel a lot slower after driving those supercars, but I am happy to report that that was not the case at all. My car still felt every bit as quick

I did try to drive with a bit of a light foot, and did my best to avoid hard acceleration, just to try and see what kind of mileage the car would give, and was very impressed with what I got. I took pictures of the stats after the journey back.

Return Journey Stats:
Black Magic - My Škoda Octavia RS 245-img_8749.jpg

Complete Trip Stats:
Black Magic - My Škoda Octavia RS 245-img_8748.jpg

Actual Mileage:
Black Magic - My Škoda Octavia RS 245-img_8761.jpg

The car was in Normal drive mode the whole way, and even though I toyed with the idea of putting it in Eco, I didn't end up doing so. But, 14.3 kmpl from a 245 HP sports sedan! Wowza!

Cheers

Last edited by Joxster : 22nd August 2019 at 00:36.
Joxster is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed