Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2021, 19:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendor View Post
Nice to hear that you are getting 15kmpl. My vehicle has not given me more than 11 on highway and I get 10 in city drive. Vehicle has run 8700 kms and is due for 3rd service. Any tips to get a better FE.
11 seems extremely low IMO, would advise smooth acceleration and braking, avoiding sports mode, modulate the throttle so that the gearbox upshifts around 2k rpm. Maintaining constant speed between 80 to 90 helps a lot, finally lifting off the throttle by anticipating when to slowdown helps further!

Short update :

Odo stands at 37k.
Average FE is around 15 to 16kmpl MID.
Sports mode has been used rarely, efficiency takes a nose dive even on the highway, but stays above 12.
Brakes : never ever felt the need for better stopping power. Still on stock pads, impressive for AT equipped car. Decent engine braking probably and driving style probably helps.

Biggest letdown in the dynamics department : Mid corner steering inputs at high speed is not confidence inspiring. Don't get me wrong, handling is good if I plan the line of attack in advance and point the steering where I need to, it's only when I want to give small inputs mid-corner the suspension just doesn't give feedback and things get slightly nervous.

Is there any way to upgrade my suspension without compromises on the ground clearance? Bilstein shocks would be an amazing upgrade, but haven't found if anyone has done it to the Figo. Slight stiffness is fine, but don't want to be driving bone jarring ride 25k km a year. Not too keen on Figo S suspension, as it might be a small upgrade. Do correct me if wrong.

Few random pics :
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20211107_193826.jpg  

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20211107_193809.jpg  

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20211107_193756.jpg  

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20211107_193744.jpg  

Last edited by giri1.8 : 7th November 2021 at 19:40.
giri1.8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 12:31   #77
Senior - BHPian

Update after a long time!

Odo now stands at 52,000.

First set of tyres were worn out, decided to change the alloys too, suspension upgrade too was planned, but more on this later.

Initial idea was to retain the stock looks by opting for the 15 inch alloys from the Blu Variant, but sadly they were out of stock and was informed that it will take at least a week's time to get them, I had few long trips planned, hence had to go the aftermarket way.

Decided to get the job done at Lal tyres near Sathyam theatre, as I had good experience with them before. Ford's weird PCD meant very few options were there, which actually made it easier to zero in on these beautiful 15 inch 7j Lenso samurai wheels, details are amazing and the extra width had totally changed the stance of the ride, car no longer looks like it skips leg day for the Tyres I went with Yokohama S drive 195/55 r15, so far extremely satisfied with the grip and reduced body roll thanks to reduced sidewall thickness. Mileage has taken a hit though, almost 2kmpl different after the alloy/tyre swap(was higher initially).

50k milestone, zero issues so far!

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20220517_120113.jpg

Beautiful alloys with nearly designed Yokohama S drive, not a fan of these red hub caps.

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20220517_120028.jpg

7j = aggressive stance when compared with sad 14inch stock wheels, mud splash is the only issue till now, tyres doesn't scrap even on full steering lock.

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20220517_120100.jpg

At speedcarewash

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20220517_120126.jpg

Paint has aged well, looks fresh even after heavy sun exposure.

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20220517_120217.jpg

Wheel wells filled up with not much gap, suspension upgrade could make this even better.

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20220517_120232.jpg

Still shiny and bright.

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20220517_120245.jpg

Suspension upgrade:

Have been running around and talking to few tuners for suspension upgrade, parts from Figo S are being considered as I don't want to compromise on the practicality the car offers, harsh suspension and low GC are a big no no as I tackle horrendous roads on a regular basis, sadly no one want to take this job up, as it is a simple plug and play of few low priced OEM parts that are also extremely hard to source in the open market. Understandable. Hopefully I get this done in one way or the other, any leads in Chennai will be much appreciated

Last edited by giri1.8 : 17th May 2022 at 12:33.
giri1.8 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 13:38   #78
BHPian

I have a silly question, wouldn't Ford ASC entertain request for the suspension swap with Figo S spares? EPS may need some software work with the different setup.

Asking this because I recently faced issues with an Active i20 of my family.

Front suspension was making noise, initial observation was lower arm and the ball joints. Hyundai ASC was vague about their diagnostics and quotation. They wanted to open it up and then prepare an estimate. Specially with drive axel CV boot repair, ASC would only replace, won't repair.

This car is used as a beater car within City Limits so I thought of trying out FNG route. Selected a garage which had good reputation and previously, I too had positive experience. Carried out the work, things were all good except the alignment. All figures were in green but the car was still pulling left and steering wasn't behaving as it was before the work. Had to go back to the ASC for EPS software tuning / restore / work.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 15:17   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
I have a silly question, wouldn't Ford ASC entertain request for the suspension swap with Figo S spares? EPS may need some software work with the different setup.
Thanks.
While Ford's service is usually excellent for normal routine service, but they usually don't entertain any special requests that need parts swapping. Need to see if my SA can help me out at least for sourcing the parts, I can get them fixed from some FNG.

Regarding the software update, I am not sure about this part, will have a look on the same.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 23:29   #80
BHPian

Hey Giri, nice and meaningful updates you've done to the figo! For the kmpl difference please configure the tyre change in forscan to get an accurate reading. That way your actual FE can be calculated. Not many are aware that tyre size change needs to be updated in the PCM as well.

Didn't you try SMP spares in Chennai. They're the distributor for Ford parts in TN.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 23:36   #81
BHPian

Heyy Giri 1.8, she looks fab after the upgrade. Love the way how the wheels complement the colour if the car.

Coming to mud splash, welcome to my life, even I have upgraded wheels on my Micra to 195s. I went with Michelin though. Every rainy season, the car just loves to muddy itself like a child, It gets so muddy, that I have to wash it every time I take it out. (The Ertiga and Creta belongs to my Cousin's families. We had our get-together at our native place.)

But still, every time I see those bulged out wheels, I feel like all that hardwork is totally worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img20200705154428.jpg  

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img20200705154446.jpg  

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-pxl_20211017_203000421.jpg  

Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img20200621141353.jpg  

Knighted06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 21:02   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Hey Giri, nice and meaningful updates you've done to the figo! For the kmpl difference please configure the tyre change in forscan to get an accurate reading. That way your actual FE can be calculated. Not many are aware that tyre size change needs to be updated in the PCM as well.

Didn't you try SMP spares in Chennai. They're the distributor for Ford parts in TN.
Thanks Jithin, never knew about the need for update, will have it checked.

SMP seems to have good reviews, will try my luck with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighted06 View Post
Heyy Giri 1.8, she looks fab after the upgrade. Love the way how the wheels complement the colour if the car.

Coming to mud splash, welcome to my life

But still, every time I see those bulged out wheels, I feel like all that hardwork is totally worth it.
Thanks for your complement, you are right, just a quick look at the alloy makes me forget the only negative with this setup, I now turn back and look at my car just like how a car guy should
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 18:06   #83
Senior - BHPian

My Figo finally decided to throw a tantrum.

One fine evening, the MID displayed an engine overheat warning. I spotted a petrol bunk and decided to stop and get some coolant to make sure no nasty surprise awaits. BIG mistake!

I went inside the store and asked for 5 litres of coolant and the guy immediately asked if it was for my car and if there was any issue. I told him that the car was showing a warning, so I was just going to have it checked. He immediately called a few people and told them to check the coolant level. The level was okay, but I could feel the engine bay being unusually hot. One of the two guys checking the car tried to open the coolant cap . I could see the coolant level raising and told him to take tighten the cap and take his hands off and not do anything. He said that the coolant was spoilt and needed immediate change (repeated this at least 4 or 5 times). Then the other guy told me that in case of any airlock, it would take a minimum of half an hour and they couldn't assure anything. I understood that they had no idea of what they were talking about and decided to make a move if the engine had cooled down.

Here is the best part. The guy looked at the MID after I fired up the engine and told me that 36° coolant temperature is not high and I should be worried only if it exceeds 42. All this time he was referring to the outside ambient temperature display

I decided to switch off the A/C and took a less crowded road and reached home safely without overheating the engine. The next day, I did the same and reached Ford's A.S.S before peak traffic. Left the car with them for diagnosis. After running all kinds of diagnostics they found the thermostat valve was faulty and the radiator had a lot of dust too, which reduced the cooling efficiency. I got the job done under warranty and the car has been running flawlessly.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-img_20220625_174806.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 27th June 2022 at 07:02. Reason: Spelling, grammar, punctuation
giri1.8 is offline   (8) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 9th August 2022, 22:50   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
My Figo finally decided to throw a tantrum.

One fine evening, the MID displayed an engine overheat warning. I spotted a petrol bunk and decided to stop and get some coolant to make sure no nasty surprise awaits. BIG mistake!
Was there no coolant level visible on the reservoir that you had to stop to buy some coolant?

BTW , Coolant temperature can be checked through the hidden menu that is activated before ignition.

Good that you decide to drive straight to FASC with all electricals turned off.
r24x7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 22:58   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
Was there no coolant level visible on the reservoir that you had to stop to buy some coolant?

BTW , Coolant temperature can be checked through the hidden menu that is activated before ignition.

Good that you decide to drive straight to FASC with all electricals turned off.
There was reasonable amount of coolant, wanted to be on the safer side never knew there was a way to see the coolant temperature.
Old 10th August 2022, 01:23   #86
BHPian

Quote:
There was reasonable amount of coolant, wanted to be on the safer side never knew there was a way to see the coolant temperature.
If you long press the trip reset button (needs to be pressed for 20 sec(10 before turning ignition on and 10sec after ignition is in accessory mode), you can discover all the tell tale lights, coolant temp, Speedo part numbers, digital rpm and DTCs!
jithin23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 09:53   #87

The Engine overheating problem once happened in my uncle's Ford Ikon, the culprit was the house dog which chewed the cable connecting radiator fan.

A simple electrical taping and reconnection worked for 4 months which was the period for next service. During service the cable was changed and no problem ever after.
jey_hsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 11:06   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
If you long press the trip reset button (needs to be pressed for 20 sec(10 before turning ignition on and 10sec after ignition is in accessory mode), you can discover all the tell tale lights, coolant temp, Speedo part numbers, digital rpm and DTCs!
If you have an old unused android phone lying around, it is useful to purchase and OBD2 scanner and use them to display the coolant temp on the phone. I have a set up as shown in the picture and and it is quite useful when it comes to noticing an issue like you experienced.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo 1.5L Dragon AT - Ownership Review-0850b2dbf364487f9e39f382272a7530.jpeg  

tharian is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 21:56   #89
BHPian

[quote=giri1.8;5344352] I had a similar issue in my Aspire TdCi. My friendly Ford workshop guys asked me to switch off the AC, put the heater on to high, lower the windows if needed and drive over to the workshop next day.
TeamBhp gyaan about Figo issues shared by experts here came in handy as I told them to check out the thermostat seal in addition to the radiator fan (coolant levels were OK).
They changed both under warranty without any labour charges.
Safe driving.
eyedocgb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 09:19   #90
BHPian

There is a small amount of water leakage in the driver footwell in my Aspire diesel, this only comes on long drives. Does anybody know how i can solve that? Will it require some expensive part replacement?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Sai

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks