Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2020, 21:54   #61
BHPian

Re: Extreme xtreme! Force Gurkha Xtreme 4x4 ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashfulKlutz View Post
I'm genuinely curious; how would you have primed the fuel pump?
Thank you Brother for your feedback. Regarding the priming, I have to say there was a mistake in my part. I mistook bleeding for priming. So basically what I did when i got stuck was that i rolled down the hill, opened the hood and bleeded the fuel filter. Then turned on and off the ignition a few times to prime the pump. Then I cranked the engine while repeatedly pressing on the gas pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I am sure if he had used the pump primer inside the engine bay to re-prime the CRDe pump, the car would have started.
Now, even I am wondering how one can do that.
MohammedEza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 01:03   #62
BHPian

So, as you all know, there was not much to update during last two months. Stayed home and stayed safe. Now with the restrictions lifted and Vanchinad service center open, I took the Gurkha for its first service. Just completed 4282 kms on odo. I have to the say, the service at Vanchinad motors continues to surprise me in a good way. The dealings were very neat and hassle free.

I had few issues to be checked, the major one being the oil leak mentioned before. They inspected and replaced the oil separator (PCV System) under warranty. Also did the general check up, lubrication and washing. The O ring was replaced and engine oil was topped up.The overall cost of service was just under 500 rupees.I had a good time there walking around and seeing other vehicle being repaired and good manners from the technicians and managers there.
MohammedEza is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 19:19   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedEza View Post
Now, even I am wondering how one can do that.
Not sure how the Gurkha 2.2's mechanism is. But usually for modern CRDe engines, there is a rubber balloon like thingy which is very similar to what is used by the doctor on the manual Blood Pressure device. If you can send me a picture of the engine bay near the fuel pump, I can show you.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 20:03   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
If you can send me a picture of the engine bay near the fuel pump, I can show you.
Here is a picture of the engine bay.

Extreme xtreme! Force Gurkha Xtreme 4x4 ownership review-eza_5187s.jpg
MohammedEza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 16:37   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Here is a picture of the engine bay.
The circular knob needs to be loosed by turning counter clockwise until it moves up and down on the pump/shaft. Then keep pumping it up and down until it become very hard/difficult to pump. Then tighten it back and start the engine.
Attached Thumbnails
Extreme xtreme! Force Gurkha Xtreme 4x4 ownership review-deiselpumppriming.jpg  

4x4addict is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 21:41   #66
BHPian

Nothing much to update on the Gurkha. Its resting peacefully at home (the calm before the storm). However, I decided to take up a new venture and start a youtube channel to review vehicles. Well the first 20-25 reviews will be on the gurkha itself

Flexing
Extreme xtreme! Force Gurkha Xtreme 4x4 ownership review-20200503_174615.jpg

Can anyone tell me which component is this, is it related to AC?
Extreme xtreme! Force Gurkha Xtreme 4x4 ownership review-eza_8128s.jpg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th June 2020 at 05:45. Reason: Extra smiley removed.
MohammedEza is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 14:14   #67
BHPian

Quote:
However, I decided to take up a new venture and start a Youtube channel to review vehicles. Well the first 20-25 reviews will be on the gurkha itself
Wonderful effort there with the video really enjoyed watching.

Really good presentation too. I'd suggest you keep uploading.

The other day I was heading towards Wayanad area and saw a Ghurka with the KSEB plates on them. It was a pleasant surprise, not sure if they had hired/contracted the vehicle or it was a genuine KSEB purchase.
It was fully stock as far as factory equipment goes, just the extra KSEB stuff like ladders and roof straps and all.
Such a shame I could not click a pic.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 16:41   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasadgg View Post

Really good presentation too. I'd suggest you keep uploading.

The other day I was heading towards Wayanad area and saw a Ghurka with the KSEB plates on them.

Thank you.
Even Im glad that gurkha is being appreciated more these days. I also know about a gurkha used by forest department in Sabarimala.
MohammedEza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 16:40   #69
KPR
BANNED

The video isn't available? Unable to open it. Can you share your YouTube channel name? Will subscribe to it @MohammedEza
Old 9th August 2020, 01:09   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone tell me which component is this, is it related to AC?
It seems to be the accumulator or receiver/dryer of the air conditioning circuit. It is possibly Behr make.

Last edited by Blooming Flower : 9th August 2020 at 01:20.
Blooming Flower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 21:16   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
The video isn't available? Unable to open it. Can you share your YouTube channel name? Will subscribe to it @MohammedEza
I removed those videos. Im working on it to try and come up with better quality videos and content. Will update you on it soon
MohammedEza is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 15:49   #72

Hi Mohammed,

Glad you are enjoying the car mate. I bought my gurkha in 2019 April but unfortunately my experience wasn't like yours.

Like you i also had thick black smoke coming out of my engine with in a month of purchase, i had it readily checked out but i had to take the car to the service center 2 more times to get that fixed. Then began the nightmare that i am currently in. After a few weeks i felt the throttle wasn't responding at all while i was driving. I pulled over the car and i suddenly noticed that the temperature was showing max. Upon checking i found the coolant tank to be completely empty. Upon the advice of the service center head mechanic i filled it with water and drove it to the service center, They said they cant find the leak and said might be from the EGR valve and said they replaced the washer or o ring and gave it o me. It stated leaking again on my way back home.

Second time they said they managed to get it under control. But a new issue began. After driving the car for 250-300 km it looses it power like i couldn't even overtake an auto. Forget off road, any small hill the car would stall, it got so bad that it cant even climb a small hump on the road. Sometimes the check engine light will also go on and they say its fine we just have to clear the ecu memory. Its baffling to hear a mechanic say that. They dont want to find why the sign is on, they just want to make the light go away. Now if i drive the car for a couple of hours it will stop mid way on climbing a hill. Feel like the clutch is failing too. But the car runs well late at night or if the air is a bit cold. the problem is worst mid day or in traffic jam when the air and the engine is hot.

The most frustrating thing is with the dealership. They even refuse to acknowledge there is a problem. They are nice and accommodating but I don't know if they are actually that dumb or they are acting and trying to take me for a ride till the warranty gets over, They even bought in regional manager of Force in Kerala Mr Arul. Even he is acting dump. According to them if the car is moving its all good. But this is supposed to be an off road machine. I have take the car to the service center every month till covid hit, so a minimum of 12 times. Same story each time.

I had the common rail replaced and the EGR blocked. But it keeps happening over and over again. I am noiw going to consumer court. meeting my advocate tomorrow and I'm gonna ask them to change the enging, transmission, transfer case ans the clutch assembly.

I did buy the car so that i can customize it to my vision but what the company is doing is so wrong. i already talked to 2 guys but the dealership asked them to give the car to outside work shop, i m guessing is coz they might have added so accessories or changed something
Yogi Arun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 09:12   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi Arun View Post

The most frustrating thing is with the dealership. They even refuse to acknowledge there is a problem. They are nice and accommodating but I don't know if they are actually that dumb or they are acting and trying to take me for a ride till the warranty gets over, They even bought in regional manager of Force in Kerala Mr Arul. Even he is acting dump. According to them if the car is moving its all good. But this is supposed to be an off road machine. I have take the car to the service center every month till covid hit, so a minimum of 12 times. Same story each time.
This is typical force motors dealership stuffs. I think you have an issue with wiring harness. Some Xtreme users had their wiring kit and the common symptoms being sudden lack of power. My experience with dealership is also now starting to change as I am encountering more issues. The dealerships doesn't care about Gurkha owners. I have taken my vehicle for 2nd service at Pathanamthitta National Motors. They did not fix any of my issues. I had them locally checked and repaired in local workshops (the issues only needed few tightening of bolts).

If you wish I will connect you with other Gurkha owners who are 100 times more helpful than 'authorized' dealers. I highly recommend you to get your vehicle checked with local workshops and find out the reason for the issue. It seems no matter how much loud we scream, it all falls on deaf ears. So get aquatinted with a good mechanic and we are good to go. The Gurkha is a very good vehicle, but fundamentally it has some issues (like thick black smoke from exhaust, misaligned diff which causes oil leak, shearing of steering box mount, wiring harness, etc) the dealerships are unaware or acting dumb of these issues and don't want to help.
MohammedEza is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 14:44   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Mohammed,

Glad you are enjoying the car mate. I bought my gurkha in 2019 April but unfortunately my experience wasn't like yours.

Like you i also had thick black smoke coming out of my engine with in a month of purchase, i had it readily checked out but i had to take the car to the service center 2 more times to get that fixed. Then began the nightmare that i am currently in. After a few weeks i felt the throttle wasn't responding at all while i was driving. I pulled over the car and i suddenly noticed that the temperature was showing max. Upon checking i found the coolant tank to be completely empty. Upon the advice of the service center head mechanic i filled it with water and drove it to the service center, They said they cant find the leak and said might be from the EGR valve and said they replaced the washer or o ring and gave it o me. It stated leaking again on my way back home.

Second time they said they managed to get it under control. But a new issue began. After driving the car for 250-300 km it looses it power like i couldn't even overtake an auto. Forget off road, any small hill the car would stall, it got so bad that it cant even climb a small hump on the road. Sometimes the check engine light will also go on and they say its fine we just have to clear the ecu memory. Its baffling to hear a mechanic say that. They dont want to find why the sign is on, they just want to make the light go away. Now if i drive the car for a couple of hours it will stop mid way on climbing a hill. Feel like the clutch is failing too. But the car runs well late at night or if the air is a bit cold. the problem is worst mid day or in traffic jam when the air and the engine is hot.

I had the common rail replaced and the EGR blocked. But it keeps happening over and over again. I am noiw going to consumer court. meeting my advocate tomorrow and I'm gonna ask them to change the enging, transmission, transfer case ans the clutch assembly.

I did buy the car so that i can customize it to my vision but what the company is doing is so wrong. i already talked to 2 guys but the dealership asked them to give the car to outside work shop, i m guessing is coz they might have added so accessories or changed something
Hello Yogi,
I was going through the thread as it is wonderfully written and I came across your post. You mentioned that the car works fine in cold conditions. I am no expert but from prior experience there is a possibility that your engine is overheating. Please check the gauge next time. Also check if radiator has coolant inside. As Gurkha's are prone to rust, you must check if there is any sort of sludge floating around in the radiator as well. Such experiences always ruin the ownership of a vehicle especially new ones. I am not sure what the problem is but do get it fixed at the earliest and I wouldn't be driving if the engine was giving up frequently. My thar had the same coolant leak which was undetectable so I changed all the pipes from the radiator leading to engine. That fixed the problem. ALso please notice if the Air conditioning starts throwing hot air next time the car has trouble.
Regards
Neil
sirjokhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 16:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After driving the car for 250-300 km it looses it power like i couldn't even overtake an auto. Forget off road, any small hill the car would stall, it got so bad that it cant even climb a small hump on the road.
That's outright dangerous. Service center guys have to be special kind of stupid to not take this seriously. I hope you get it fixed somehow and would actually suggest to stay off the roads till then.

@MohammedEza: Excellent write up on a rare vehicle. I have hardly seen these on the roads.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks