Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2020, 22:45   #166

re: Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold

https://hyundaimobisin.com/products/...ries/new-creta

I see the seat covers are available at Rs 4799 on the hyundai Mobis site which seems very reasonable, has anyone tried ordering.

I want rear headrest cushions for my seltos , so any suggestions how to get hands on those as not available on Mobis site
Tomthumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 12:07   #167
BHPian

re: Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold

Hi RavenAvi,
My team-bhp membership recently got approved and it is my absolute pleasure to thank you for this post. This is such a wonderful review, the attention to detail is simply superb. I have been following this thread closely and this has made a huge impact on my decision to finalize the Creta variant and also in the purchase process.
I was very confused between the DCT and IVT SX(O) variants, after reading your thread and taking a test drive, I finalized a Typhoon Silver IVT SX(O) variant.
I booked the car on 27/Sep and took delivery on 18/Oct, the car has done around 1340 Kms to date and my ownership experience thus far has been very satisfying. The first free service was also completed last week.
There were several aspects from your post that helped me in the purchase process, specifically the negotiation with insurance, I was able to convince the dealer to match a quote from outside and this saved me ~15K.
I will be sharing more of my experiences in the coming days but for now my heartfelt thanks to you!
autocool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 18:53   #168
BHPian

Hi RavenAvi,
My membership also got approved today and I would like to use my first post to thank you for your excellent and detailed review. I am checking this thread every day for your wrapping up log. :-P

I am going for SX(O) IVT Petrol. Surprisingly none of the dealers in Navi Mumbai has any Creta available for even test drive and quoting waiting period up to 5 months as well. I thought top models will have a less waiting period.

I am confused about the color. Family preference for car is red but it seems mulberry red is more like maroon. Has anyone seen Lava Orange color Creta physically? How does it look? I must say the color option of Creta is not that good except white. And that silver C pillar looks so odd with other colors.

My second confusion is about the comfort level in driving. I drive to my office everyday 50Km(to & fro total) with once a month driving on Gujarat highway(300-400Km). Currently I am driving a 2013 Swift Dzire Zxi and I find it very comfortable except for the very poor NVH level. Since Creta will be my first crossover I am not sure how it will compare with the Dzire.
amitshippie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 22:25   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitshippie View Post

I am confused about the color. Family preference for car is red but it seems mulberry red is more like maroon. Has anyone seen Lava Orange color Creta physically? How does it look? I must say the color option of Creta is not that good except white. And that silver C pillar looks so odd with other colors.

My second confusion is about the comfort level in driving. I drive to my office everyday 50Km(to & fro total) with once a month driving on Gujarat highway(300-400Km). Currently I am driving a 2013 Swift Dzire Zxi and I find it very comfortable except for the very poor NVH level. Since Creta will be my first crossover I am not sure how it will compare with the Dzire.

Congratulations and welcome !!
I would like to add some of bits before Ravi has his expert advice.
You are right. The red looks more like maroon. And interestingly the orange looks more like flashy red ! Yes Lava Orange looks stunning in real. But a very rare color.

Creta will be a breeze to drive. Even in city traffic it is quite easy. If you are opting for the IVT it is even better. The size of the car wont intimidate you. Dzire to Creta transition will be silky smooth.

Last edited by Turbokick : 12th December 2020 at 22:27.
Turbokick is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 00:34   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Hi RavenAvi,
My membership also got approved today and I would like to use my first post to thank you for your excellent and detailed review. I am checking this thread every day for your wrapping up log. :-P

I am going for SX(O) IVT Petrol. Surprisingly none of the dealers in Navi Mumbai has any Creta available for even test drive and quoting waiting period up to 5 months as well. I thought top models will have a less waiting period.

IVT is just so stress-free to drive in traffic. I've started driving more in the city where earlier I'd just take an uber instead of driving my own i20. You'll enjoy your daily 50kms drive no matter how bad the traffic would be.
kalpeshc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 00:57   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Surprisingly none of the dealers in Navi Mumbai has any Creta available for even test drive and quoting waiting period up to 5 months as well. I thought top models will have a less waiting period.
I went through the same ordeal with regards to the non-availability of test drive. I'd suggest you inquire with all the Hyundai dealerships across your city. I'm sure one of them would certainly oblige. Else, you can send out an email to the Hyundai sales department regarding the apathy shown by the dealerships. Though their reply might be a bit delayed, but they'd certainly arrange a test drive for you.

It is indeed true that the availability of Creta has been pretty scarce lately. I had booked my SX(O) IVT on November 5th with an assured delivery date by November end, however, the delivery date has now been pushed to January 2021. With that being said, the waiting period of 5 months is way too much. Again, my suggestion would be to check with multiple dealerships in and around your city before coming to a conclusion.

Quote:
I'm upgrading from a 2010 DZire model as well albeit mine was a VDi. I can certainly vouch for the fact that the NVH levels in the new Creta is amazingly low. It handled potholes and bad patches much better than my beloved 2010 DZire. During my short test drive stint, Creta outperformed Dzire across all the departments. Let me know if you are comparing something specific.
pandatrooper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 15:31   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you so much for the kind words, guys.

I am glad my first-hand report is contributing in some manner to your purchasing processes regarding the 2020 Creta IVT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocool View Post
I was very confused between the DCT and IVT SX(O) variants, after reading your thread and taking a test drive, I finalized a Typhoon Silver IVT SX(O) variant.
I booked the car on 27/Sep and took delivery on 18/Oct, the car has done around 1340 Kms to date and my ownership experience thus far has been very satisfying. The first free service was also completed last week.
There were several aspects from your post that helped me in the purchase process, specifically the negotiation with insurance, I was able to convince the dealer to match a quote from outside and this saved me ~15K.
Welcome to T-BHP, autocool. And congratulations on your Silver IVT! Wishing you plenty of happy smiles and miles ahead.

The IVT is a real boon for sedate drivers who have to deal regularly with urban traffic. Not a day goes by when I thank the heavens for my Phoenix, which has given me such a huge respite from my bad back and left leg problems, which had aggravated so much while driving my EcoSport MT earlier this year.

Glad that the insurance process went through smoothly. More often than not, most dealers gladly match the outside quotation just so they can conclude a deal quickly. More so if it's the end of the month.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandatrooper View Post
It is indeed true that the availability of Creta has been pretty scarce lately. I had booked my SX(O) IVT on November 5th with an assured delivery date by November end, however, the delivery date has now been pushed to January 2021. With that being said, the waiting period of 5 months is way too much. Again, my suggestion would be to check with multiple dealerships in and around your city before coming to a conclusion.
Welcome to T-BHP, Amit.

Yes, the availability of the IVT variants nowadays has hit a real low. My dealership is also quoting waiting periods of up to April 2021 to all new IVT prospects!

Leave a word with all the dealers around you that they give you an immediate heads-up if a pre-booked IVT turns up for a potential customer who has issues in financing/processing loans or delivery muhurats. If your finances are ready, the dealer will give you preferential treatment for allotment of such car(s). Of course, you might have to compromise on the colour choices there.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
The red looks more like maroon. And interestingly the orange looks more like flashy red ! Yes Lava Orange looks stunning in real. But a very rare color.
The Lava Orange colour is simply gorgeous! In dual tone shades, it looks H-O-T! Check out these pics which I posted a while back in the 2020 Creta thread. In the dual-tone colour combination, the silver part which starts from the C-pillar all the way over to the top of the front doors is wrapped in black, so that isn't a problem at all.

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-117543390_3115059531863896_5868317933720290292_o.jpg

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-117594911_3112322758804240_8577720369906473337_o.jpg

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Creta will be a breeze to drive. Even in city traffic it is quite easy. If you are opting for the IVT it is even better. The size of the car wont intimidate you. Dzire to Creta transition will be silky smooth.
Quote:
I'm upgrading from a 2010 DZire model as well albeit mine was a VDi. I can certainly vouch for the fact that the NVH levels in the new Creta is amazingly low. It handled potholes and bad patches much better than my beloved 2010 DZire. During my short test drive stint, Creta outperformed Dzire across all the departments.
Coming from a DZire, you will fall in love with the comfort which the 2020 Creta provides. Sideways movement is at a minimum, and it's a bliss to drive it on the highways. The seats hug you from both sides and the suspension does good work in keeping the undulations out, specially on higher speeds. Once you get in and drive it, you will forget about your DZire in a hurry!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the Bluelink problem was solved last Monday (07th December). I called up the dealership last Saturday to inquire about any updates regarding the same, and they called me back in the afternoon and told me to bring Phoenix over to the Service Center on that Monday. Drove over at around 11:30 AM and I was greeted by the ever-cheerful Sales team and the manager, Mr Menon, who went with me and introduced me to their new Service Manager, Mr Gitesh.

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201207y.jpg

The Service Manager promptly took Phoenix's keys and drove her into the service bay, where the OBD port was exposed for a thorough scan. Some errors sprung up which were minor and were promptly healed up. Gitesh then checked the issue and called up the Bluelink Toll-Free number displayed in the Head Unit, introduced himself, and then followed the step-by-step instructions given by the person on the other side.

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-1.jpeg

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-2.jpeg

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-3.jpg

1) "Reset Network" (inside Bluelink settings).
2) Hold the SOS button on the IRVM for ~5 seconds.
3) The screen on the Head Unit went blank in the blue shade.
4) Log into the Bluelink app on my iPhone 12 using registered email and password.
5) Generate a code from my phone and pair it with Phoenix.
6) Generate the 4-digit PIN in the phone.
7) Maps updated to show Phoenix inside the dealership premises, voice commands started working again, as did the remote control options.

I wish they had updated the glitchy Bluelink software in-between all this time. It continued to be moody as before - half the time the commands sent to Phoenix don't work (still!), and the time delay between sending a command and it's execution has actually increased now!

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-bl1.jpg
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-bl2.jpg

Either way, by 2 PM the work was done and Gitesh hurriedly offered to give Phoenix a free wash before handing her over to me. As I was already quite late for office, I told him to sanitise all the touch-points and seats instead, and left.

Next morning, I noticed the nice little shiner near the passenger-side foglamp on Phoenix. An extra "gift" given by the dealership. No wonder Gitesh wanted to give me that free wash in a hurry. I haven't dealt with it yet.

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-image2.jpeg

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-image3.jpeg

ODO now reads 1,300 kms.
Trip-time FE shows over 13 kmpl consistently, while the overall FE shown is 12.8 kmpl.
Fuelio calculates the FE from the last fill-up at 11.63 kmpl.
Considering I am still firmly inside the city with speeds maxing at 45-50 kmph through my urban runs and with the ACC set at 25°C permanently, the FE returned is excellent for this Korean IVT.

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-image0.jpeg

Last edited by vb-saan : 14th December 2020 at 13:21. Reason: A small typo - 45-50 kmpl -> kmph.
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 19:49   #173
BHPian

Quote:
I'm upgrading from a 2010 DZire model as well albeit mine was a VDi. I can certainly vouch for the fact that the NVH levels in the new Creta is amazingly low. It handled potholes and bad patches much better than my beloved 2010 DZire. During my short test drive stint, Creta outperformed Dzire across all the departments. Let me know if you are comparing something specific.
Thank you very much for the input from your first-hand experience. This addresses much of my doubts. To be more specific, my concern about comfort was because of my experience with i20. Before Dzire I was using i20 and I got serious back pain issue(people from Kalyan/Dombivali knows the horrible traffic jam at shilphata junction) however once I shifted to Dzire my back pain vanished. I found Dzire's seat and driving very comfortable compared to the i20.
amitshippie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 13:15   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much for the input from your first-hand experience. This addresses much of my doubts. To be more specific, my concern about comfort was because of my experience with i20. Before Dzire I was using i20 and I got serious back pain issue(people from Kalyan/Dombivali knows the horrible traffic jam at shilphata junction) however once I shifted to Dzire my back pain vanished. I found Dzire's seat and driving very comfortable compared to the i20.
I could not find any such complains with Creta's front seats. I had to abandon the likes of the Sonet, Venue etc primarily because we were pretty much used to the DZire's cozy and roomier cabin. In the segment and budget, my family felt that Creta was the perfect upgrade that provided them an enhanced experience in terms of cabin comfort and driving pleasure. As I haven't tested it for an extended period of time, so it won't be just for me to come to conclusion yet.

With that being said, RavenAvi had no issues with driving comfort as per his review. So I'm sure seat contours should not be much of an issue for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
- Very comfortable to drive inside the city limits. The easy steering coupled with the smooth IVT ensures there is absolutely no fatigue at the end of each journey.

- The driver's seat is the place to be - with adequate lumbar and back support and gentle cushioned sides which hold you in place. More than decent thigh-support as well. I am heavy, mind you, and the seat snuggles around all 88 kilos of my heftiness.
pandatrooper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 14:45   #175
Senior - BHPian

Those interiors, though quite frankly I am not a Hyundai fan, seem very inviting and seems to say "Drive me". Hyundai has done a real good job with respect to designing same. Kudos to them for that .
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 14:47   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Please take a test drive. For every person this would be different. I have been using a i20 for 10 years and I love the low seating position and it was just perfect for me. Moving to Creta, I struggled to find a perfect seating position. It's only after driving it for around 1500 kms that I am getting 'conditioned' to the seat.
kalpeshc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 14:54   #177
BANNED

Quote:
I too have upgraded from a similar car. My previous car was a 2013 Swift ZDi that I had driven for 1,24,xxx kms before selling it and getting the Creta in 2017. As of now, the Creta has done 89,5xx kms. It was a lower-back related problem that I had which made me do the switch from Swift to Creta. No back problems now.

Mostly city drives nowadays and couple outstation trips have been done. No fatigue at all and enjoy driving the car both in city and highway. Due to the taller seating and larger glass area, there is no claustrophobic feeling inside the cabin. Ergonomics are spot-on.

I'll suggest you to TD the car on the route you use daily which shall help you decide whether you can live with the car or not.

Last edited by a4anurag : 16th December 2020 at 15:12.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 15:44   #178
BHPian

Unfortunately, no test drive car is available in Navi Mumbai, Panvel, or Thane. Today I checked with Sai Hyundai, Powai, they have a Turbo available for the test drive. However, the Delivery time for IVT is 4 months with them as well.

I got to know some very interesting information. The SA said that for IVT, Hyundai was importing various parts from China, which is stopped. Parts are being imported from Turkey and other countries now and it's very slow. That's why the waiting time for IVT is too much.

The other thing he informed that sales volume for Creta is so strong that they have sold 15 test vehicles so far.

I have decided to go ahead with Creta as I don't see any other option in this price range. Will be placing the order for SX(O) IVT. The color choice became a contentious issue in the family after seeing mulberry red physically. Lava Orange is not available anywhere to see hence going for the second preferred and safest option "Polar White".
amitshippie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 18:26   #179
BHPian

Quote:
I have decided to go ahead with Creta as I don't see any other option in this price range. Will be placing the order for SX(O) IVT. The color choice became a contentious issue in the family after seeing mulberry red physically. Lava Orange is not available anywhere to see hence going for the second preferred and safest option "Polar White".
You can never go wrong with White. Lol
Also can anyone verify the price hike that the so called News agencies are claiming.
I had a talk with the GM of the dealership and he said that only the prices of Venue and Grand i10 NIOS are being hiked.
Old 27th December 2020, 21:01   #180

I was extremely confused between the seltos and the creta (both turbo dct). RavenAvi, a big thanks to you as your review helped me with my decision. I opted for Creta's comfort over Seltos's aggression.

I love that i don't need to worry about bad roads like I'd have to in the seltos!

I haven't had the chance to click a better photo.

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-20201218_224040.jpg
Nahushrc is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks