Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2021, 15:57   #46
BHPian

re: Our First Car - 2020 Hyundai Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel Automatic Review. EDIT: 10,000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post

360 degree camera is a 'good to have' feature for me. The main advantage I find is blind-spot monitoring. Reverse camera + front and reverse parking sensors do cover the remaining surroundings.

Front parking sensors will be much cheaper and simpler solution. I believe this should do the trick for your uncle at around 10-15% of a full 360 degree camera cost.
Thanks a lot . Would suggest it to him.

He too is of the opinion that the sensor or camera added should be one which could be integrated to the OEM Head-unit. An after market addition with a screen is definitely an eyesore. I think manufacturers should definitely provide an accessory for this especially considering the fact that the car costs more than 15 lakhs and buyers are genuinely interested in this useful addition even it extends the budget by a few thousands.

Do update if you find or install a front sensor or camera in future.
RR96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 16:12   #47
BHPian

re: Our First Car - 2020 Hyundai Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel Automatic Review. EDIT: 10,000 km up

Quote:
I took insurance from Tata AIG for 42k
Dear srikanthmadhava,

Many congratulations on your new car and wishing you many more happy miles ahead!

I too am going to book a Creta this month and their insurance premium is just atrocious (82k for diesel SX(O) manual). I’ve told them that I’ll the taking the insurance from outside and they were OK with it. Could you please provide me the contact details of the person from whom you took the insurance? I’ll contact and get my car’s insurance from them.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dhananjay
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 15:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Pre Purchase: Prelude to the big decision

Excellent review! I could totally relate to it as currently I am going through the same thing and kind of settled on SX D AT. SX(O) is also on the table but I am bit worried about long term durability and maintenance of ventilated seats plus additional electronics.
Your comparative points between Seltos and Creta were also very accurate and relatable. Thanks for sharing your experience in such details. Good to know that I am not the only one going through this confusion
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 09:20   #49
BHPian

Dear srikanthmadhava,

I’ve booked a Creta diesel SX(O) manual. Thank you for your help regarding the insurance contact. I’ve spoken to him and informed him that I will reach out soon as the car is allocated and I’m through with the PDI. The long wait begins.

Wanted to check with you regarding the DPF in Creta, I could not find any posts related to this by Creta owners (there were quite a few related to seltos). What is the system in Creta? DPF/LNT?

Since we are WFH my running will be 90% highway And 10% city for now. But once office starts it would be around 70kms a day (maybe 3 days a week) in city with highway runs on alternate weekends for about 200kms. I’m hoping this should take care of the particulate buildup in the filter.

Kindly share your thoughts or experience.

Regards,
Dhananjay
Old 20th February 2021, 15:11   #50
BANNED

Congratulations in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
Since we are WFH my running will be 90% highway And 10% city for now. But once office starts it would be around 70kms a day (maybe 3 days a week) in city with highway runs on alternate weekends for about 200kms.
If you have trips frequently then nothing to worry for the DPF clogging and throwing out a warning on the dash. That light comes up due to major usage pertaining to city-traffic only.

Take the car for a normal highway run with engine speeds ranging around 2,000RPM, there won't be any error from the DPF sensor.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 16:49   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations in advance!.

Take the car for a normal highway run with engine speeds ranging around 2,000RPM, there won't be any error from the DPF sensor.
Thank you so much for the wishes and for the information!

Glad to know that this wouldn’t be an issue if we do take it out on the highway regularly.
Old 27th September 2021, 23:31   #52
BHPian

10K Kms / 1 year update

We recently completed 1 year and 10,000 Kms on our 2020 Creta. Most of the mileage has been on highways.

Our First Car - 2020 Hyundai Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel Automatic Review. EDIT: 10,000 km up-1.jpg

Synopsis

Expenses till now
  1. Service
    a. 2 Months / 1st free service - ₹ 266
    b. 1 Year / 2nd free service (done at 8,200 kms) - ₹ 5,854 (using Shell Helix HX8 AH Diesel OW-20 ACEA C5 fully synthetic engine oil)
  2. Fuel - ₹ 65,547 (780.35 L)
  3. Tolls - ₹ 2,723
  4. Accessories - ₹ 23,971 (including 6k during purchase)
  5. Car cleaning - ₹ 4,685
  6. Others (Nitrogen, puncture, wheel alignment and balancing, tyre replacement) - ₹ 2,960
  7. 5th year / 1L Kms extended warranty - ₹ 18,150

Insurance
Took 2nd year insurance from Acko (own damage insurance)

IDV - ₹ 13,79,852
Basic Own Damage: ₹ 12,094.49
NCB Discount: ₹ 1,781.41
Consumables: ₹ 293.25
NCB Protect: ₹ 364.28
Invoice Cover: ₹ 1,290.39
Engine Protect: ₹ 2,345.75

Voluntary Deductible: ₹ 5,000
Compulsory Deductible: ₹ 1,000

Final Amount (+ GST) - ₹ 17,235.97

How has the car been!!
  • It has been a fuss free year. We had lots of days in which the car was not used and lots of highway trips on other days.
    In spite of being idle multiple times for over a week, we faced no hiccups on our early morning starts.
  • Car has held up really well. We started using some features more - like ventilated seats, remote starts, sports mode, paddle shifters etc. Sunroof usage has come down and nowadays we open it only to cool the car after being in the sun for some time.
  • We went on lots of trips - kodaikanal, ooty, namakkal, kozhikode, lapakshi, horsley hills, nandi hills, multiple trips to hometowns etc. Covid did restrict us.
  • Suspension seem to have settled down and feels a lot better now, but we do have to slow down for larger potholes. We use recommended tyre pressure.
  • I found out that sports mode weighs up the steering. After using it for an hour in ghats, my hands started aching.
  • Car goes offline and becomes unresponsive in blue link when its kept idle for few days. I guess it's a battery saving feature. Once I unlock the car, blue link remote commands start responding again.
  • Both digital instrument console and touchscreen has held up really well.
  • Primary trip meter gets auto reset at 10K Kms. Would have prefered 1 more trip meter, but thats not provided. Drive information for the current drive is available separately.
  • My wife found a workaround for the 1 issue that we used to face in the touchscreen.
    Front speakers do not fire up sometimes when Android auto is suddenly disconnected and connected back. We use amazon music. Workaround was to make google maps talk to us, give us some direction or update and this will fire up the front speakers again. No need to restart the car.

Issues to report
  1. Creaking noise from center console (gearbox area) when driver's left leg presses against it while taking curves. Have seen this being widely reported in fb too. Its annoying, especially since the cabin is silent otherwise.
    I am yet to try out some of the solutions I found in fb (like using wurth spray). I did not want service center guys to open the center console since it could lead to even more issues, they mentioned that they have seen in this issues being mentioned in other Cretas as well.
  2. Engine oil specification mismatch during 2nd service, resolved by service center.
  3. Absence of cornering lamps and high beam focus does bother me. I do fiddle around with headlamp leveling so that I can pull my high beam down from the sky, but that leads to reduced distance coverage for the excellent low beams.
  4. Trident has messed up my wonder warranty update in Hyundai system. They incorrectly updated 3Y/Unlimited Kms in Hyundai system instead of 4Yr/60K kms choosen by me. I am following this up with Hyundai.

One item to add to improvement points:
    The handbrake sign in console comes towards the right corner of instrument console. Once I get out of the car, I find it difficult to re-check the sign from outside to confirm if I had pressed the handbrake button. Since its electronic handbrake, only visual signal is from the console. I would have prefered the sign to be towards the middle/left of the console (like in Alcazar).

Creta (top). Alcazar (bottom)

Our First Car - 2020 Hyundai Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel Automatic Review. EDIT: 10,000 km up-2_2.jpg

Warranty claims
  1. Replaced one tyre for sidewall cut, odo was at around 5000Kms. Hyundai, Trident and JK Tyres went out of their way to help me get the replacement same day.

Fuel efficiency for total current mileage of 10203:
  1. As per Fuelio - 13.822 km/l
    My observations remain similar to initial posts. I get awesome mileage in my MID (20-21 kmpl at 100-120kmph) in good highways (Bangalore - Salem highway kind), it reduces to 15-17 kmpl odd in single lane highways of kerala or crowded double lanes like Bangalore-Mysore highway. Ghats and city drives do pull the mileage down.
    Average figure for around 10K Kms in MID trip meter showed 14.1 kmpl.
    My above fuelio mileage includes lots of idling at home, we keep the car idling for around 20-30 mins every unused 7-10 days or so.

Accessories added
  1. Dashcam from DDPAI
    Link
  2. Maruti Suzuki Vacuum Cleaner - With Air Inflator (2 In 1) - ₹ 2785
    MGA Link

Name:  Vacuum.jpg
Views: 1905
Size:  31.5 KB

3. Puncture repair kit - ₹ 486

Upgrades I wish for - May or may not be fulfilled
  1. Bi-led foglamps and aftermarket cornering lamps (is this even available).
  2. 360 degree camera from Alcazar.
  3. Instrument console of Alcazar.
  4. Tyre with bigger sidewall.
  5. Wireless Android Auto dongle.

Tyre Replaced in warranty

Short story
  • 1 Tyre replaced under warranty for sidewall cut.
  • Kudos to service advisors at Trident Hyundai, Whitefield.
  • Kudos to JK tyre executive.
  • Both Trident and JK Tyre did not hide behind bureaucracy or paperwork and quickly helped me out in time for a planned trip.

Long story
  • In Feb 2020, on my way after starting the car post a week gap, I got warning from Tyre Pressure Monitoring system (TMPS).
    It showed my right rear tyre had only 13PSI pressure.
    Luckily, I was directly in front of a puncture repair show when I got the warning and got the puncture repaired. Costed me 150Rs.

Our First Car - 2020 Hyundai Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel Automatic Review. EDIT: 10,000 km up-3_2-copy.jpg

The puncture shop guy had inflated tyre to 40PSI. Went about my duties on that day with 40PSI on one tyre and 34 on others and parked the car back on returning.

• Started car for a trip to Mandya, again after a gap of 1 week. Again, the TPMS warning was triggered. This time, the pressure showed 25.
    Me and my friends were already on the way. Luckily, again, we found another puncture shop nearby. He had a quick check for punctures without removing the tyre, but found nothing.

We were a bit rushed, we filled the tyre up to required pressure and continued.
    The trip was uneventful from tyre perspective. Covered 350Kms and was back home.

Pressure did not dip at all in the entire trip, but it was always there in the back of my mind. I thought the first puncture guy did not do a good job and did not fix the puncture properly.

• Had a long trip upcoming to my hometown. Wanted to fix the issue for once and for all.
    Decided to use the opportunity to check my wheel alignment and do balancing and rotation. This would be the first time I am doing any of these in my life. The vehicle health report from Hyundai, generated on 1st of every month, showed that balancing and alignment was good. I had covered just 400kms post this report. A total to just 5000kms in 6 months. Still decided to take the plunge.
    Went to Madhus, Hosur road.

• As expected, air pressure had come down. Filled it up and went to Madhus. The service associate at Madhus did the balancing and rotation first. There was a good waiting area provided, but we (me and wife) choose to be with the car while the work was being done.

• It was a crowded Saturday. Balancing had some weights being added. There were some weights already added on all wheels, may be from the balancing done at the factory. Alignment job was a total waste for my car, everything was perfectly withing the range. Filled Nitrogen on all 4 tyres.

• Now came the important part, the main aim of the visit. Repairing the punctured tyre.

The technician at Madhus went about searching for the puncture on the tyre using a large bucket of water. To my surprise, there was no puncture on the Tyre Contact Patch. The technician, unperturbed, moved on to the sidewall.

And he found the culprit. There was pressure loss from one of the lines of the 'K' badging (K from 'JK').

Our First Car - 2020 Hyundai Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel Automatic Review. EDIT: 10,000 km up-4.jpg

• Technician suggested me not to repair the puncture since its on the sidewall and to take this up with Hyundai. It was late in the evening and we decided to wait out till Monday.
    We paid around 1700 for the balancing, alignment and nitrogen work. Disappointed, at seeing a punctured sidewall on our new car, we headed home. We had our hometown trip planned for Wednesday early morning, we had just 2 working days to sort it out.
    I do not remember hitting or scratching my sidewall anywhere, I don't recollect any impacts other than going over a few potholes (that too were on left side tyres).
  • Monday morning - pressure had fallen by 10psi in 40hours. Filled it up to required levels and reached the service station.
    Was quickly attended by the same service advisor who had taken my car for first service. He had one of the technicians check the tyre. Technician put some saliva on the spot that was marked by the Madhus technician and bubbles popped up.

They had a discussion and few more service advisors came to check the tyre. One of them ran his fingers across the edge of alloy wheel, possibly checking for impact damages. They asked if there was any hit on dividers or if the tyre scratched. They were telling that sidewall punctures generally happen when tyre comes in contact with some surface at speed.

But in my case, the cut was in of the arms of the letter 'K'. It was at the edge of 'K', you can't see the cut, it was so perfectly inscribed on border of that 'K'. And there were no other marks on the tyre or alloys.

Our First Car - 2020 Hyundai Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel Automatic Review. EDIT: 10,000 km up-5.jpg

• They discussed among themselves, made a few calls and offered to initiate a warranty replacement. They made it clear that the final call would be by the person from J.K Tyre who will be inspecting the tyre.
    Trident initiated the claim process - they shot a small video by putting saliva again, took few pics of the tyre etc and told that they will draft a mail to J.K tyres.
    Once it is approved, J.K tyres will send a person to inspect the tyre and then if approved, the tyre will be changed in warranty.
    It will take a week. Few days for sure - because of the to and fro approvals, inspection etc. If not approved, tyre will have to be paid for.

• I had my upcoming trip in 2 days and this was concerning for me. I checked with them if I can directly take the tyre for inspection and quicken the procedure. Again few calls were made by the SA and they got me the number and location of the J.K tyres office.

• I went straight to J.K tyre office after removing the tyre from Madhus, which was nearby.
    Tyre executive had a look at the tyre and I showed him the exact place where air was coming out. He had already called the nearby showroom and asked for 2 tyres of my spec - UX Royale R17.
    He took a few pics of the tyre and then told me there is some damage from contact by showing a spot near to the damage, although not on the same line or angle with the original cut. This got me worried if they were going to honour warranty. That person took more photos and used his screw driver to tear the tyre in the region near the cut and took more photos.

• We had small chit chat waiting for the tyre. The new tyres came and he handed them over to me without any questions. He asked me to verify the thread pattern and size and then carry on.
    Happy me, took it straight to Madhus. Fixed the tyre and got balancing done. Costed me another 500 odd including nitrogen filling.

Our First Car - 2020 Hyundai Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel Automatic Review. EDIT: 10,000 km up-6.jpg

• I was back home by 4.30PM. Finally, I got the replacement within the same day. The trip happened as planned.
    Thanks to both Hyundai and J.K tyres, for honoring their warranty and for doing the replacement in a day. Kudos to them both .

10K Kms / 1 Year service

Service experience is captured in below posts:
Happy with the support from the service center in resolving the issue.
Unhappy because it could have been prevented.

Quote:
My Creta BS6 Diesel AT went for its first oil change today at Advaith Hyundai Service Center, Bellandur.

I had spend considerable amount of time on the forum and Youtube to figure out the exact specification of oil to be used. Decided on Advaith since they had Shell synthetic oil in stock.

Service advisor was as keen on synthetic oil as me. But I wanted to confirm on the specification as well. Unfortunately, he was not sure on the spec although he mentioned it was 5W-30.
Hyundai had ACEA A3/B4 - SAE for their pre BS6 1.6L diesels, so I was worried if they would use the same. I pushed him to confirm the specification and also showed him the difference in engine oil spec for BS4 vs BS6 diesels in Hyundai website.

Later he came back saying that he confirmed with his team that they are using updated engine oil for BS6 diesel Creta as required. They had no issues with me being near the vehicle during service. But the technician brought the engine oil from a different part of the service center and I had no clue what the exact specification was. I did check with him if it was synthetic and he confirmed the same. I did not want to pester him to show me the barrel etc, and I gave up.

The bill also does not mention the specification, it just states 'Synthetic Engine Oil Shell'. Paid 934/Litre including tax. Guess I have to go by the service advisor's words here.

So, after -
all the research,
all the queries,
all the time spent -

I have absolutely no idea on what specification of engine oil was used in my car

Quote:
But 5W-30 A5 is not the correct specification of oil as per Hyundai Creta 2020 owners manual.

It should have been:

10W-30/40 or 5W-30/40 or 0W-30/20 SAE and
ACEA C5 or C3 or C2 (for DPF)

A5 is not in the recommended list of non DPF cars as well I think.

Attachment 2190214

Here is the bill:

Attachment 2190219

Although just speculation, if they are not using the correct spec of oil, would that not be a violation of Hyundai recommended service procedure?
Will this be an issue in the long run

I really really hope that they updated their oil with BS6.

Quote:
Update on the engine oil:

I had a pending ECM upgrade that was required as part of 10k service (could not be done last time because of some backend team software issue) and went to the showroom today.

I took help from the same service advisor and he took me to the barrel of oil that was being used. To my disappointment, it was 5W-30 A5/B5 spec.
I quickly showed him the Hyundai website and my car manual and we met the service manager to discuss on the same. Service manager verified the manual and made some calls to confirm the required oil and he asked me to wait in the lobby for sometime.

He came back saying that they have the updated oil in stock and he himself offered to replace the A5 one with the correct spec. He took me to the barrels to verify the spec and they had an unopened barrel of the perfect spec OW-20 C5 fully synthetic oil. He also reminded his team about double checking and using the new oil in BS6 diesels cars.

The service center personal were very supportive, both today and even last week during the service. They were polite and answered my pestering queries and had no issues with me looking over their work. Even today, when I was disappointed that something bad had happened, they handled my concerns well and no escalations were needed. Lucky part for me was that they had the required oil in stock, unlucky part was that service personal continued using the older spec oils and no one before me bothered to verify the same. I guess, mistakes happen, we are all humans. They were apologetic and eager to sort it out. There were quite a few service center personal gathered around the new barrel and this incident would have acted as a refresher course for them on oil spec. Service manager was very receptive of the feedback, he was eager to get it corrected and prevent similar future issues.

While we owners generally would go with whatever the service guys fill in, I was curious and alarmed from starting itself since there is an oil spec change for BS6 Hyundai diesels. On top that, the new spec oil was not something readily available in open market with very few matching products. While A5 could be very close to recommended C2 spec, it is still not the correct one (C2/C3/C5 are needed for cars with DPF). If I did not validate the spec, it would have been at the back of my mind all along till next oil change cycle. I should have just verified the oil used first time itself, and could have avoided the tension. More we read and try to understand a topic, more the worries and queries and tension it creates. I guess the positive is that we are able to figure out discrepancies that might otherwise be missed out.

They opened the new barrel and replaced A5 oil and even the filter (I had offered to replace filter from my pocket) free of cost.

Really happy that the service guys sorted it out as soon as it was brought to their notice. Just when I thought I might have a tough day ahead, they pitched in to correct the issue. All is well that ends well. Hopefully, from now on they will keep an eye on the correct spec of oil for newer cars.

So, after running exactly 20kms with an A5 oil, my car now has Shell Helix HX8 AH Diesel OW-20 ACEA C5 fully synthetic engine oil, the prefect recommended spec. I could not find the same online or in shell website. From the few dealers I checked with, only Advaith stocks shell oil. At Rs 934 per litre, there is no better fully synthetic alternative compared to this one. I will get my next oil change also done from same place, but yes, will validate that exact spec is used.
Quote:
From the info I could gather, OW-20 has semi synthetic (Rs405/l) and fully synthetic (Rs934/l) versions available at dealerships.
As long as your driving conditions are not tagged as extreme in the user manual, oil + filter change interval of 1 year and 10K kms should be good enough. For a highway driven vehicle, I see no reason for early change of oil. Check your manual on what all conditions qualify as extreme.

Some extreme conditions that I can recollect from Creta manual are:
1. High percentage of bumper to bumper traffic.
2. High percentage of ghats.
3. Dusty conditions.

It felt like a genuine human error and not an intentional one. They had just 1 barrel of OW-20 available among a sea of older barrels. Even in the service bay, there were only few BS6 models compared to huge quantity of older models and I think their oil usage would still tilt heavily towards older spec for few more years. BS6 Creta sales would have picked up only around June/July last year (because of lockdowns) and these are just coming in for their 1st oil change now.

Even shell has a semi synthetic version of OW-20 C5 which costs around 2k from dealer(Mrp of a can may be even lesser).

Mine costed Rs 4400 including tax for 4.8L Shell fully synthetic. The catch here is that price of oil at service centers seem to be derived by Hyundai and can be seen in their website which mentions -

For end customer, same price is quoted for all oil specs irrespective of them being newer or older or harder to procure. Not sure if Hyundai procures the oil and gives to the dealerships or if the dealer directly deals with the vendor.

https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connec...les/engine-oil

Some dashcam videos:

Headlamps performance in heavy rain:

Headlamps performance at night in highways:

Beautiful tea estate in Coonoor

Last edited by srikanthmadhava : 27th September 2021 at 23:38. Reason: updated formatting
srikanthmadhava is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 14:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

Re: Our First Car - 2020 Hyundai Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel Automatic Review. EDIT: 10,000 km up

Congratulations @srikanthmadhava ! I am also completing 1 year of my Diesel-AT on the 16th. Like you mentioned, it's been a trouble free experience so far. I did my second service the other day, and the engine now feels even smoother. In fact, I had a bit of revelation- I asked for home drop from the service centre, and they offered to drive me home in my own car ! So had a good back-seat experience and boy, I felt amazed that the car felt even more refined as a rear-seat passenger, with absolutely no diesel clatter or vibe. Even the back seat felt comfortable, and the rear suspension was adequately soft.
The only issue I reported was the Engine check light that came up and mysteriously disappeared on its own on 3 different occasions. They said that it could be a software issue and they had flushed the error code in the ECU. I was more worried about DPF. Incidentally, the Service advisor now advised me the exact opposite of what I heard when I got delivery of my car- that one must go for Shell Diesel preferably. Go figure!
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 15:22   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Our First Car - 2020 Hyundai Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel Automatic Review. EDIT: 10,000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I was more worried about DPF. Incidentally, the Service advisor now advised me the exact opposite of what I heard when I got delivery of my car- that one must go for Shell Diesel preferably. Go figure!
Shell diesel should be fine but avoid any 'premium' diesel which come with additives. Hyundai recommends avoiding any additives.

So far, I have tried all the different fuel bunks now, multiple times and across different states - Reliance, Essar, Shell, HP, BP and IOCL. I prefer any bunk which looks well frequented by the public and always fill normal diesel.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 15:23   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations! Looks like Creta is taking you beautiful places - Western ghats is the place to go to, all the time.

Invest on a set of Hella AUX lights if night driving is more of the norm than exception.

JK Tyre`s customer service delighted me, I got their technician to inspect the tyres in an hour that too wherever the vehicle was parked at the time. I contacted them directly through their website, replacement was settled very quickly.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 17:52   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Invest on a set of Hella AUX lights if night driving is more of the norm than exception.
I am worried about adding AUX lights. In Bangalore, it will for sure attract cops. Even in my hometown in Kerala, it will garner special attention. Hence, for now, I want my light upgrade to 'look' as factory-fit as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
JK Tyre`s customer service delighted me, I got their technician to inspect the tyres in an hour that too wherever the vehicle was parked at the time. I contacted them directly through their website, replacement was settled very quickly.
As stated in my above post, my experience has also been very good with JK Tyre support. I see that their UX Royale series of tyres comes with 2 years of unconditional warranty and 5 years of standard warranty.

I am no expert at determining tyre performance nor do I have experience to compare them against other brands. My only complaint with my current set of tyres is excessive road noise at higher speeds (>100 odd kmph) or on concrete surfaces.
Old 14th October 2021, 19:08   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I was more worried about DPF. Incidentally, the Service advisor now advised me the exact opposite of what I heard when I got delivery of my car- that one must go for Shell Diesel preferably. Go figure!
I have come to believe there's a correlation as I have been filling up at Shell only for my EcoSport and haven't faced the dreaded DPF issue in my 10K km of usage(touchwood).
Old 9th June 2022, 18:21   #58
BHPian

My dad picked up the 2022 Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel AT last week and frankly I'm very impressed with the feature list. I wasn't took keen on the Creta, but yeah, dads are dads.

How is the car holding up? I noticed fuel economy is around 8.9kmpl. We've only clocked like 60km so far. Hopefully it should improve over time. I'm planning to give the car for PPF to Feynlab HSR next week.
Old 12th June 2022, 20:51   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiredd1005 View Post
I noticed fuel economy is around 8.9kmpl. We've only clocked like 60km so far. Hopefully it should improve over time.
I own a SXO Diesel AT which has completed around 10.5k kms. The overall mileage has been 12.9 kmpl using tank to tank method. Most of this has been in the city traffic in Pune with around three long trips to Bhopal and Goa.
TechLiveMANA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 11:23   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechLiveMANA View Post
I own a SXO Diesel AT which has completed around 10.5k kms. The overall mileage has been 12.9 kmpl using tank to tank method. Most of this has been in the city traffic in Pune with around three long trips to Bhopal and Goa.
That sounds reasonable. Anyway, I'm hoping the fuel efficiency improves over time.

BTW the ac is way too cold even at 1st fan speed setting! I invariably increase the temperature when it gets too cold!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks