Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2021, 14:19   #31
BHPian

Re: Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review

Thank you for the very detailed write-up. Enjoyed reading every line. I am the owner of a brand new Jeep Compass Limited Plus Petrol AT.
I have had it only a short while and have covered only 2500 km so far. It was good know many minor points and quirks of the vehicle.
As you noted, it has a very poor turning circle. Even though you mentioned that it shows the average speed of a trip, the present model does not seem to have that option and I find it a rather bad miss.
Pynummoottil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 17:02   #32
BHPian

Congrats on your acquisition that too a quintessential colour. Very informative write-up.

I am scouting for one in my city,have to come across a good example yet.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 14:22   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post

Regarding the HID upgrade, I will wait out till warranty is expired before I go with any aftermarket fitments. My Compass still has 1.5 years warranty left and planning to take the 2 years extended warranty. I just wish Jeep brings this as an official accessory. Did Jeep A.S.S notice your headlights upgrade? Any comments from them?
I take them out before every service and once they installed new stock bulbs instead when I had left the car for a few days for driver door repaint "Paint issues". I have also taken extended warranty it has to be taken regardless but still few things like noise from dash and back seat have yet to be resolved. I was hopeful that BS6 had fixed all issues but maybe the facelift will.
ajaiD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 14:03   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pynummoottil View Post
Thank you for the very detailed write-up. Enjoyed reading every line.

As you noted, it has a very poor turning circle.
Thank you Pynummoottil. I am glad you enjoyed reading my ownership review. There is a lot of taboo surrounded around Compass being pricey, I wanted to address this by mentioning features which are not available in the competition. Hopefully I succeeded. Hope you are enjoying your new acquisition.

The turning radius really bothered me a lot, I have to do a lot of U-turns in the city driving conditions, hopefully I will get used to it and plan properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Congrats on your acquisition that too a quintessential colour. Very informative write-up.

I am scouting for one in my city,have to come across a good example yet.
Thank you bullitt1. Yes I agree, the exotica red color is a looker on Compass. Best of luck with your hunt, will be waiting for your ownership review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaiD View Post
I take them out before every service and once they installed new stock bulbs instead when I had left the car for a few days for driver door repaint "Paint issues". I have also taken extended warranty it has to be taken regardless but still few things like noise from dash and back seat have yet to be resolved. I was hopeful that BS6 had fixed all issues but maybe the facelift will.
This though crossed my mind, but I am not a good DIY guy myself. I tend to break more than fixing something while doing DIY projects. Hopefully Jeep will come with an official accessories, warranty mostly depends on the relationship with the A.S.S, I will try to build good rapport with the SA's and will try to get around this issue. I heard somewhere few dealers are selling LED lights and charging 18k for it. If this is offered at dealership level, I am more than happy to upgrade the lights.
Old 31st January 2021, 14:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hello Ramnaresh, thank you for sharing your Jeep Compass buying experience. Wonderful write-up.

You were a bit unlucky with your TUV AMT, but then the Compass deal has reversed the fortunes. I think you were lucky on two fronts. Firstly to get a customer who was willing to pay 7 lacs for your TUV and secondly a pre-worshipped Compass being offered in a distress sale at a steal deal. Mine is exactly the opposite story. I am quite happy and satisfied with my TUV MT, however prior to that I had a very bad experience purchasing a pre-worshipped Innova on OLX.

Now you don't have to worry about car stalling or mindless gear selection. Just enjoy that powerful multijet under the hood and the tank like build. Your hands would now be itching to hit the highway so very often.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 13:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hello Ramnaresh, thank you for sharing your Jeep Compass buying experience. Wonderful write-up.

I am quite happy and satisfied with my TUV MT, however prior to that I had a very bad experience purchasing a pre-worshipped Innova on OLX.

Your hands would now be itching to hit the highway so very.
Thank you AutoIndian. Your orange TUV looks sparling new even today, sorry to hear about your Innova experience. I should say I am just lucky to have found such a mint condition Compass. You said it correctly, my hands are itching for a long trip. Maybe will do a Goa trip, which is pending from 2017 since I bought my TUV .

Update on my Red Phoenix - 1 month completed since purchase, no issues cropped up so far (touchwood). Last 2 weeks zero usage as we were renovating our garden area due to which I parked it away at my relatives house. I recently purchased a BLACK+DECKER Car Vacuum Cleaner from Amazon as the floor mats dust grains cleaning requires frequent removal of the mats

Link - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B007NFN5TS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Brand - BLACK+DECKER
Model - ADV1210
Color - Black/Orange
Weight - 1.37 Kilograms
Price - 1,899/-

Mini Review below -

It comes with 5 meters long cable and can be used in all areas of the vehicle. It coms with 2 extenders
  • 1 Crevice tool
  • 1 Brush tool

The crevice tool can be used for floor cleaning and cleaning hard to reach places. The brush tool can be used on seats and other delicate areas. The suction is powerful, it will suck all the dirt and dust grains from the floor easily. It comes with a double action filtration system. The filters prevent blockages in air flow. The bowl can be detached easily with a push of a dedicated button and can be cleaned.

I have used it just once, it picks up the dusts and grain stones from floor mat and floor carpet well easily. It is a good buy as far as I am concerned.

The retail box:

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-img_20210131_110049.jpg

You can see all the contents of the box below: Even though the Amazon listing states a bag will be provided, I have not received any such bag in the box.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-img_20210131_110209.jpg

Below is the dust bowl removed, you can see the dust filter as well:

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-img_20210131_110305.jpg

Before and after shots of the floor mat:

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-before-after.jpg

Verdict: Happy with the purchase and well recommended for everyone.

Last edited by ramnaresh_2000 : 1st February 2021 at 13:59.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 11:44   #37
BHPian

As mentioned in my ownership review, I somehow managed to lose battery cap. Placed the order and it arrived at dealership long back, but I was busy and did not get chance to visit them. Finally got it fixed this week. It costs 500 bucks. It was not mandatory as the cap had no impact on functioning, however, my OCD kicked in and wanted it at any cost. I open my bonnet almost every day to check for rat dropping, so it was an eye sore. Finally I can sleep in peace at nights

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-battery-cap.jpg

I also paid 38k for 2 years extended warranty. SA said it will be processed in few days. I am not sure if I will receive a document or a paper certificate of extended warranty. Existing owners please advise.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 12:04   #38
BHPian

Jeep Life app for Android and IOS is now available for all owners (pre-facelift and facelift owners).

Android Link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fcaindia.drive

Installation process is pretty straight forward:
  • Download the app first.
  • Provide access to app as requested.
  • Register your vehicle using VIN number, mobile number, name, email id and OTP.
  • Do not enter first * in VIN number, but enter details after 2nd * in VIN number.
  • It will then ask you to select Jeep community. I selected Deccan Jeepers as I am from Telangana.
  • For non-facelift owners only your Jeep details, manual in PDF, warranty details in PDF, service history, service booking and upcoming event details will be available in the app.
  • For facelift owners connected features maybe enabled, I am not sure.

Options:

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20210301113045__01.jpg

Vehicle Details:

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20210301113011__01.jpg

Homepage:

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20210301113002__01.jpg

Service Booking:

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20210301113038__01.jpg

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20210301114702.jpg

Overall installation process is simple and straight forward. The app is user friendly, not faced any issues while installation or registration process.

Missing Features/Issues:
  • No offers page - some app based offers section would have been a nice touch. Like offers on spares or accessories.
  • No option for tracking live service (M&M had live video options during service).
  • Warranty details are not showing up here. It only shows PDF which has details of what is covered in warranty and no information about expiry details of warranty.
  • Service due date is wrong. My previous service was done in 2020 and service due is showing as 2022. 2 years service interval is misleading.
  • Mine is Limited D MT variant without sunroof, however, in app it is showing my vehicle has Sunroof. Rookie mistake from Jeep.
  • Same issue with touchscreen details, mine has 7" unit, in app it says 8.4" unit. It is basically showing features of Limited Plus variant whereas mine is Limited only.

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20210301115640.jpg
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 15:53   #39
BHPian

Bit late to the party.

But, anyways, congrats for buying used Jeep Compass.

From considering the new Ecosport S/Seltos HTK+ till Harrier XM, you have come a long way in purchasing a used Jeep Compass, which itself is a class.

BTW, Rs.16.5L is just VFM on a Jeep Compass, which had run less, and, it's way cheaper than a new Creta/Seltos top end AT, which costs Rs.21L now. This thread had inspired me to have a look at used Jeep Compass, which we will be looking soon and in fact, I had seen a 23K Kms run 2019 Compass in the same colour going for Rs.18L and the last price he told was Rs.16.5L, I guess.

Can you please tell me how is the experience after owning the Compass for 2 months? And, how much FE the Compass is giving in the city and on highways?
car_guy1998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 17:45   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
This thread had inspired me to have a look at used Jeep Compass, which we will be looking soon and in fact, I had seen a 23K Kms run 2019 Compass in the same colour going for Rs.18L and the last price he told was Rs.16.5L, I guess.

Can you please tell me how is the experience after owning the Compass for 2 months? And, how much FE the Compass is giving in the city and on highways?
23k kms is nothing for this engine. Is it Limited or Limited(O) variant? Limited Plus was also launched in 2019, but unfortunately I was not able to find a decent one. Missing that cruise control badly.

Is this from a dealer or direct seller? I ask because I would stay away from most of the dealers. When I was hunting for a used Compass in Hyderabad, I visited all dealers in Ayyappa Society area and Jubliee Hills area. All dealers were showing me the exact same Compass and everyone was quoting different prices for same car.

One dealer upon confrontation agreed that same car was rotated within many dealers. I was lucky to buy directly from seller. Go with a dealer only if they are trustworthy ones, as soon as I purchased, I went with extended warranty for peace of mind and would suggest the same.

The experience has been a positive one till now (touchwood). I have driven only 1000 kms since purchase, due to current pandemic situation. I am getting 14-16 kmpl in city and 18-22 kmpl on highway drives. Very soon planning for a long trip, hopefully will be covering it here.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 21:26   #41
BHPian

Quote:
23k kms is nothing for this engine. Is it Limited or Limited(O) variant? Limited Plus was also launched in 2019, but unfortunately I was not able to find a decent one. Missing that cruise control badly.

Is this from a dealer or direct seller? I ask because I would stay away from most of the dealers. When I was hunting for a used Compass in Hyderabad, I visited all dealers in Ayyappa Society area and Jubliee Hills area. All dealers were showing me the exact same Compass and everyone was quoting different prices for same car.

One dealer upon confrontation agreed that same car was rotated within many dealers. I was lucky to buy directly from seller. Go with a dealer only if they are trustworthy ones, as soon as I purchased, I went with extended warranty for peace of mind and would suggest the same.

The experience has been a positive one till now (touchwood). I have driven only 1000 kms since purchase, due to current pandemic situation. I am getting 14-16 kmpl in city and 18-22 kmpl on highway drives. Very soon planning for a long trip, hopefully will be covering it here.
The car, which I mentioned was Limited only. And, yes, dealers in Ayyappa Society and Jubilee Hills tend to show the same car and not only the Compass, they also quote different prices for the same car.

And, good to know that you are getting good mileage in your Compass.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 07:42   #42

Quote:
Jeep Life app for Android and IOS is now available for all owners (pre-facelift and facelift owners).
A superbly written ownership experience. Thank you for sharing.

Incidentally, yours is the first post I'm reading that mentions the JeepLife app working for an owner. Many other posts mention the current owners getting kind of frustrated with the app.

Thank you - I will surely try the steps mentioned by you in your post.
Shaq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 14:26   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaq View Post
A superbly written ownership experience. Thank you for sharing.

Incidentally, yours is the first post I'm reading that mentions the JeepLife app working for an owner. Many other posts mention the current owners getting kind of frustrated with the app.
Thank you Shaq. Yeah many owners especially, who are using IOS are struggling a lot with the JeepLife app setup. A new update was released last Friday, and yet many are still facing issues with setup. Not sure what was fixed in the latest update.

I see from your other posts that you have booked facelifted Compass. Congratulations and eagerly waiting for your ownership thread.

Update on my RC - Finally received my RC today. It has been 2 months since I registered the vehicle on my name. There has been a serious shortage of RC cards all over India (this maybe due to India-China standoff, not sure). The RC was sent via EMS speed post. It was initially sent to my Hyderabad address, as I am currently staying at my hometown due to the ongoing pandemic, it was sent back to post office.

I decided to visit Hyderabad and get the RC from post office. Then I came down with seasonal flu and was unable to travel. Luckily the head post master of our hometown post office stays in our house for rent. I quickly sent him the tracking number and he arranged it be re-directed to my hometown address.

The RC was sent back to RTO office, the officials then went to RTO office and sent it to my hometown address . I saved a trip to Hyderabad.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 15:22   #44

Quote:
Thank you Shaq. Yeah many owners especially, who are using IOS are struggling a lot with the JeepLife app setup.
Ha ha ha – I am already in a dead-lock – just over 30 mins ago, I got a call from the Thane dealership saying “Sir… we have allocated a Limited (O) 2.0 Diesel Manual Exotic Red for you. Pls make the balance payment & u can collect the car after 4 days, post the RTO registration”

I jumped in my chair so hard that I almost broke my aging bones!

And then came the whammy... on seeing my excitement, my home minister told me that we should take the delivery only on the auspicious Gudhi Padva day; which falls on Tuesday, 13 April

My rest of the day today, is going to get wasted, in trying to convince her, to change her opinion.

Such is life, I tell you!
Shaq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 11:31   #45
BHPian

I am part of Deccan Jeepers WhatsApp group, they organized a weekend drive to Konda Pochamma Reservoir on last Saturday. As I was in my hometown I was unable to attend it. 14 owners, 24 participants and 3 baby Jeepers attended the drive. Hopefully will attend the next one.
Attached Thumbnails
Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20210316112116__01.jpg  

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20210316112230__01.jpg  

Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review-screenshot_20210316112307__01.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks