Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2022, 11:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Getting Red Rascal Home | My 2021 VW Polo Highline+ TSI MT | Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA19Rao View Post
I am unsure of the operation of the mirror folding function as I usually twist the switch after I cut the ignition and open the door, it has been flaky on me, sometimes it folds despite the ignition being cut but mostly it does not. However, it works well when the ignition is on. (Will have to be highlighted in the 1500Kms service.)
Please check if you're able to fold the mirrors within 30 seconds of ignition off. If that's the case then its a feature and not a bug. I read somewhere that VW Polo allows roll-up of windows and mirror folding within 30 seconds of turning the ignition off.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 10:51   #17
BHPian

Re: Getting Red Rascal Home | My 2021 VW Polo Highline+ TSI MT | Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Congratulations on your polo, I am sure it's a great drive, especially on the highway, I'm also seeing good FE numbers being reported.
For the 80kmph thing, I would suggest getting the speed alarm removed, I got it done too.

Cheers!!
Thank you dhruvritzed, yeah I had contacted them to get a quote once. It was a little higher than what I was comfortable paying for so I will try to source a VCDS cable and try my hand at DIY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats KA19Rao on your latest acquisition...Your "Red Rascal" truly looks Ravishing buddy

Outdated - Yes, Overdue - Yes, Our-kitted - Yes.....Out-gunned - Nothing can even today!

Wish you many more happy mile munching in your RR and safe motoring.
Thank you Vik0728, completely agree with this, luckily since this is a VW the outdated, overdue and out-kitted can be slowly but surely compensated.
P.S. Big fan of your car and your thread, love all the modifications you have done. With Ali Bhai shutting shop here sadly most of the smaller mods I had planned to get have become a lot more expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayurS View Post
Congratulations on your First Purchase. I don't know why your SA didn't told you about Highline Plus AT. I purchased Polo Highline+ AT in March 21 and as per my VIN it's Feb 21 Manufactured, same as yours one. Even so many Bhpians purchased the Highline+ AT in subsequent months.
Thank you MayurS, I was told that not many people here were opting for the HL+ Auto, and that GT was seeing more demand, so the dealership had just reduced those orders, I was told that I could get the HL+ Auto if I was ready to wait for it, if not a GT would have been made available. And since I had already planned on getting a Manual it didn't really matter much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
Congratulations on your car and it was nice to read about a plethora of updates and experiences that you have shared since you got the Red Rascal. Sorry to hear about your brake pads exhibiting uneven wear and leaving you stranded on the road during your trip. While I do agree, that there is a healthy amount of cost cutting (Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic) that I've seen in this car since I own one myself, an uneven brake pad wear however is not a sign of cost cutting in my experience. It has a lot to do with the brake calliper pin being poorly greased or stuck up causing uneven wear on one side. This is not something that should be the case in a new car. Quite a lot of fellow Polo owners I know who are running the stock brake pads have practically had no premature wear. In fact, the stock OEM Brake pads made by TVS Girling have lasted them as long as 40-50k kms.

So, it would be a good idea to have the calliper pins greased and inspected by your dealership, since this is one aspect that I've not seen them touch at all, unless you're replacing the calliper carrier entirely. You can read more about this here.

Unlike other car-makers like Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai, to the best of my knowledge from what I've seen and spoken about with service advisors, VW is not into the routine greasing of the brake calliper pins, since they use a high quality silicone grease during assembly, which should usually last a long time. Please have this inspected, otherwise you might experience a similar issue again in the near future.
Thank you fluidicjoy, let me start off by saying I am a Huge HUGE fan of your car and the work you do on your car.
Reading the many mixed reports on the forum about the brake pad performance and life I too was expecting that the pads would last a decent while. I was quite shocked that they lasted me only 10k Kms, I had estimated that I would be getting about 35-40k Kms out of them and had planned a BBK after that, seeing this premature wear, now I have lost a little bit of trust in VW (irrespective of who the defaulting party is.) By the time these brake pads wear out, I intend to source a BBK.
Thanks for the tip about checking the greasings, now that you mention I do recall that the SA told me over the phone that the calliper has been greased, will nonetheless still get it rechecked.
P.S. While the stock braking performance is adequate it is nothing to write home about so a BBK will improve in that regard as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Turbo petrol engine in a nutshell

Surprising to see the initial review to be so eventful, hopefully it gets better.
Yes Sir, the Turbo petrol's are a mad bunch. Thank you Giri1.8, chalking it all up to being part of a car ownership experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Please check if you're able to fold the mirrors within 30 seconds of ignition off. If that's the case then its a feature and not a bug. I read somewhere that VW Polo allows roll-up of windows and mirror folding within 30 seconds of turning the ignition off.
After a little testing it appears that as long as the key is in the slot everthing works including the ICE, the mirror folding and the rolling of glasses work even after the key is removed BUT none of the door are opened after the key is removed.

Thanks and Cheers
KA19Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 13:32   #18
BHPian

Hearty congratulations and welcome to the Polo family KA19Rao Happy Mile Munching with Red Rascal
TeaYesEye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 00:59   #19

Hi!

How's the car holding up?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks