Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2008, 22:51   #1051
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
After I put seat covers, I felt that it's better than before - I may be wrong. Please check my garage for photos.
Same here. I feel its much better.

VBV
Old 24th January 2008, 12:53   #1052
BHPian

Wind noise from the rear quarter glass

Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell me if they get a some wind noise from the rear doors quarter glass while moving? This has been the case with my car and it starts at around 60 kmph. The service guys were mentioning that it is normal. This is present in both the doors...
Old 24th January 2008, 21:47   #1053
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell me if they get a some wind noise from the rear doors quarter glass while moving? This has been the case with my car and it starts at around 60 kmph. The service guys were mentioning that it is normal. This is present in both the doors...

I don't see it in my car. There is gentle hum at higher speeds which is tyre noise.

VBV
Old 25th January 2008, 12:41   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
I don't see it in my car. There is gentle hum at higher speeds which is tyre noise.

VBV
I get this when I am seated at the rear only! Could anyone ask the rear seat passengers to check this out?
Old 27th January 2008, 13:06   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Hi Everyone

I don't hear it either.. aerodynamic is a big issue with this car especially at higher speed.

The past few months I had been hearing this wierd and irratating tick tick noise from the left A-Pillar as well as from the extreme right corner of the dashboard. The noise is more prominent when cruising on rough surface. Today I visited the service station to diagnose the problem. Apparently, when the showroom guy who installed the reverse parking sensor (6 months back) messed up the A-Pillar panels (found only a single clip holding the plastic panel as against 3). The wiring was also loose, and as the car shakes on rough road, it touches the panel making that wierd tick tick noise. After tapping the wire in placed, and adding the 2 missing clips, it was resolved (at least on the left A-Pillar side). There was still the noise from the right extreme dashboard. if I gently clamped the part of the dashboard, the noise simply disappeared. Turn out, the sensor wiring again was not properly in placed in that region, and tapping it to hold all the way was the solution. It took approximately 3 hrs, 7 test drives (trial & error techniques) for the technicians to resolve the noise. whoooppp.. Thank God, I was not charged any penny, as the the parking sensor was bought and installed from the showroom itself.

My advise to anyone planning to install reverse parking sensors:
* make sure you insist upon tapping the wiring to hold.
* make sure no clips holding the plastic panels are missing.
* be there when it is being done.

Last edited by iTNerd : 27th January 2008 at 13:13.
Old 28th January 2008, 14:05   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I don't hear it either.. aerodynamic is a big issue with this car especially at higher speed.
I cant hear this noise when I'm driving, I can only hear it when I am sitting in the rear seat!
Old 28th January 2008, 14:50   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
  1. Due to iCATs, even after you lock the car, small light in Alarm button keeps blinking
Thats not something to worry about. I have a Xenos security system installed in my car and it also has a function wherein the red light keeps blinking after you lock and leave the car.
Old 16th February 2008, 13:18   #1058

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
SX4 owners who have had their third gear vibrations rectified, can you please tell me what the service guys did to set it right? S.K.Maruti here says it's common on SX4's and nothing can be done about it.

I got the vibrations rectified in teh 2nd service. Now its considerably reduced.. but slight vibrations is still there. The Service person said it just needed adjustment of the 3rd gear!
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:42   #1059
BHPian

Sorry to revive an old thread, but it seems that even after clutch replacement, the car still suffers from a slippage type of thing (a ghar ghar type of sound) while moving from Neutral to 1st. It doesn't happen everytime but the probability of occurance is ~50%, sorry for the crude description but I really dont know any other words to describe it. Any other owners facing this issue and anyone can throw an explaination or share any details of it's resolution by MASS?

I discussed it with a Supervisor at Maruti, and this guy threw some vague explaination like the extremely high torque causes it, on persistent complaint they have agreed to investigate but I've to leave the car with them for the whole day. Might do it next week.

Also, at speeds above 60, vibrations can be felt on the clutch pedal. Is it normal ?
Old 3rd April 2008, 16:36   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Shankyz, I took the delivery of my SX4 on 31 March. I have also encountered the Ghar Ghar sound when shifting from neutral to 1st Gear in heavy stop and go traffic. I way attributing it to the fact that I am yet to come yo terms with the car's clutch that is light and sensitive compared to the indica I have been driving for the last 4 years. this has happened on 4- 5 occassions and if the same persists I will contact the MASS.
Old 3rd April 2008, 16:39   #1061
Senior - BHPian

This same sound comes from my car too. Problem is that it doesn't come everytime. If I tap slightly more on the accelarator as compared to my other car (Palio) the sound does not come. I wonder if it's torque, drive by wire or just another Maruti fault.
Old 3rd April 2008, 17:19   #1062
BHPian

The sound comes because of Drive by wire. Even I too get it when I move the car slowly in first gear.
Old 12th April 2008, 04:13   #1063

SX4-Zxi --LAMBI RACE KA GHODA
First of all I would like to thank TEAM-BHP and their members for giving me first hand experiences of their vehicles.It really gave me insight into various aspects of different vehicles( CITY,SX4,PALIO,AVEO,FIESTA etc.).I was planning to upgrade from my old Carb. Zen ( What a beauty) to a bigger vehicle which will suit my taste,liking,requirement,for the last one year.After reading almost all the posts here I was finally able to zero in on SX4-zxi for the following reasons:
  1. Good Highway/long route car- As I stay in a remote place and my travelling is usually from this remote place to my relatives place who live in far away cities or to go for purchases and I have to mostly travel on so called highways .The roads are usually bad ( One sector is made alright and by the time other sector becomes bad. My driving does not include bumper to bumper trafic and red light stoppages.SX-4 is ideal for these type of requirement.
  2. Good Ground clearance-SX4 can go over the back bone breaker humps with ease due to its large GC.( My zen used to give me heart breaks on these over sized breakers and i learnt the way to go cross on these .Though the distance travelled by my vehicle increased as for covering 1 KM ,I had to zigzag and cover 1.2 KM).
  3. Decent Mileage on long continuous runs -As my travelling is very less ( 5000 KM/year) slightly lower mileage will not do me much harm.I expect SX-4 to give me 10/14 KMPL( City/Highway with AC).
  4. SUV Stance- SX-4 has got high stance and gives a feeling of bit of SUV .
  5. Packed with all and latest features( For our country)-SX-4 is packed with all the features and more I could have asked for in my new vehicle.Hence it is VFM.Though the quality of plastics,music player,tyres etc may not be top notch but I feel quality beyond a point is a waste.More over all the features ensure that I can keep the vehicle for more number of years and hence more VFM.
  6. Low cost of ownership - Low cost of spares and flexibility of LOCAL/GMA spares depending on you.
  7. Decent reasale value.
  8. A.S.S.-In fact this was the only vehicle which I could test drive by travelling 60 KMS from my remote place to Aligarh. No need to take appointments for servicing or TD for a Maruti vehicle.I have the flexibility of choosing the place for servicing from a number of service centres as all the centres may not be good ,but than I have a choice of choosing from more service centres.
After deciding on SX-4-zxi there was question of where to get the vehicle from? After doing bit of research/enquiries I booked the vehicle with KAVISHA-AGRA on 31/3/08.I think I got good deal from KAVISHA ( Though i expected bit more-as usual ).These people are good in dealing,courteous,prompt,good response,nice sales people but at the same time professional.I brought home silky silver beauty on 3/4/08.Though I had taken the TEAM BHP delivery checklist I could not completely follow it due to lack of time.
I have driven 250 KMS till now and since it is in run in period trying to take it easy.I think I got sx4 -zxi because it was very much suitable for my requirement and situation.Every body should evaluate his priorties and than decide on the vehicle.
Will be going for long drive shortly and will pay close attention to the mileage part.
Finally no vehicle is perfect as are human beings .But if we show our affection to our vehicle by taking care of it nicely it will take care of us in return.
Old 12th April 2008, 11:02   #1064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
The sound comes because of Drive by wire. Even I too get it when I move the car slowly in first gear.
Really? How come I don't get it in my Fiesta then? I think it is a Maruti issue, and not drive by wire.
Old 12th April 2008, 12:04   #1065
Senior - BHPian

To SX4 owners, my dealer yesterday replaced the front drive shafts (both left and right) with a new modified one from Maruti as well as made some adjustment to the gears. With these, I am no longer having the problem with the ghar, ghar sound when you shift up or down. Also, the gears have become really smooth and driving at lower gears have drastically improved. The parts they replaced reads 'SHAFT ASSY, FRONT DRIV' 44101 - 55K60. Do enquire of any such circular/replacement with your dealer if you are facing problems.

But I can still feel the clutch vibration at higher revs.. so still waiting for rectification by MSIL engineers on 19th April.

I have also compiled a short 6000 kms ownership report at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-6000-kms.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks