Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 14:24   #1
BHPian

Updated Palio Stile 1.1 SLX 2000 KM report

Moderators: Posting this as new thread to given better visibility of review to clear some misconceptions about Palio Stile, as well as giving first hand perspective to prospective buyers. If not right in your opinion please remove and let the other thread continue.

Hi Guys,

Here are some more updates, this time some really good one for Fiat Lovers.

After first service on Thursday went for really long trip to in-laws in Rajasthan this weekend, drove about 1000 KM in 2 days and the results are awesome for me and also an answer to question raised by fellow BHPians, why Palio Stile 1.1.

First the mileage, I got 16+ with ratio of 70:30 (Highway:City). This may answer the question about detuning the engine for FE. (Y)

Second pickup, I tried calculating thrice and each time I was able to make it from 0 to 100 in less than 18s and once even in 16s. (Y)

As always handling was awesome above 100 KMPH. Also you really need 5 gear when you are above 80 KMPH, otherwise 4th gear was absolutely pleasure to drive at 80 KMPH. In city I was driving more on the 3rd gear without any problems.

Last as requested here are the pics of my Stile 1.1 SLX.

Old 29th May 2007, 15:45   #2
BHPian

Humans,

Great to hear this for you and also the pics are making me to go buy this car.How is the performance of the car with A/C ON/OFF?Does this make any difference to the engine pull?
Old 29th May 2007, 15:54   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
Humans,

Great to hear this for you and also the pics are making me to go buy this car.How is the performance of the car with A/C ON/OFF?Does this make any difference to the engine pull?
you can say till date it is driven with 100% AC ON with no problem whatsoever.
Old 29th May 2007, 15:59   #4
BHPian

Humans,
Did you get a chance to drive in nights?
How do you compare the visibilty at nights with newly designed headlights?
How was the performance of the AC? I know this is the worst time in rajasthan with tempartaure rising to 47 degree C at noon.

Last edited by greatDrive : 29th May 2007 at 16:05.
Old 29th May 2007, 16:14   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
Humans,
Did you get a chance to drive in nights?
How do you compare the visibilty at nights with newly designed headlights?
How was the performance of the AC? I know this is the worst time in rajasthan with tempartaure rising to 47 degree C at noon.
Yes, I drove in night too for some 150 KM and lights was definitely very bright and focussed.

And AC is simply the best part in Palio, even in the locations where it was complete desert. Once I got down to take some snaps on insistance of wife (I wasn't interested to go out) and felt like burning in 2 minutes. She immediatly went back to car after only 1 snap, and inside car it was like heaven and AC was only at medium.
Old 29th May 2007, 16:16   #6
BHPian

Good to hear that you are extremely satisfied with the car. 16+ FE with a 70:30 (High way/City) split is good. My 1.2 regularly returns 18 on Highways and 12.5 in City (all without AC). With AC, the figures are 17 and 11.5 respectively.

Interesting to know that you managed 0-100 under 18s!

What is the FE in city?
Old 29th May 2007, 16:21   #7
BHPian

The pull decreases a bit on switching the AC on. Its a small drop. The drop is much lesser than that in Alto or Wagon R. The AC cools very quickly and effectively

Off topic question.

My Stile is due for first service. I bought it at Prerna. Where did u get it serviced and how did you find it.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th June 2007 at 06:14. Reason: merging posts
Old 29th May 2007, 21:58   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice highway figures. We eagerly look forward to the city FE figures too.
Old 29th May 2007, 23:01   #9
BHPian

Nice report... It would be really encouraging for some prospective buyers.... The FE figures are also impressive
Old 30th May 2007, 00:16   #10
BANNED

Wow! Good to see that. Getting close to 16+ is great for this car. That is almost like an Alto 1.1!
I think You've measured it by calculating between 2 full tanks. Right?
It's your car and the best is that You've liked it. Congrats.

Now, can we ask the moderators to open that W H Y ? thread which was locked some time ago? Many will be tempted to answer that now.
Old 30th May 2007, 01:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hey Humans, glad to know you are enjoying your car well, the Palio is a fabolous car with excellent ride and good handling, the Stile looks better then the previous version and the build like a tank like feel is always there and yeah, headlights are quite adequate.

Enjoy your car, do let us know about the car as you further clock more kms on the odo.
Old 30th May 2007, 12:37   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Off topic question.

My Stile is due for first service. I bought it at Prerna. Where did u get it serviced and how did you find it.
I got it serviced at Him Motors, Peeragarhi, Delhi. Finding service centres was easy, you can go to any of TATA service center and they will do it.
Old 30th June 2007, 23:05   #13
BHPian

towing hook?

Hi humans,
I have been following your reports on the palio stile 1.1 and am very glad to know that your car is proving out to be a great value, almost on all fronts.
We are also on the lookout for a new car and palio stile 1.1 SLE is one of the cars we have shortlisted. Today I took a reasonably long test drive and liked its handling better than the Chevy Aveo UVA. I got a few observations and questions for you to kindly answer. Here they go:
1. I could not find a towing hook. Do you have one on your car? Is it okay for cars to come with no towing hook? The salesperson did not have an answer. He said he would check and let me know.
2. The driver's seating position is a bit low (I am 5 feet 11 inches) and I could not see the front end of the bonnet. Intially it bothered me a tiny bit, but later on while driving it did not seem to matter. Do you find this a problem?
3. Like my WagonR, I found the 4th gear a bit underpowered. A few times I came down to 3rd to overtake as I also do with my WagonR. Do you have anything to say on this?

I probably should put my detailed observations in a relevant thread (is this a relevant one?); today I happened to test drive first the palio stile 1.1, then the Chevy Spark and finally the Chevy Aveo U-VA. I found the steering, the brakes, the suspension and general precision and handling of Palio simply unparalleled. Then with a friend of mine who was TDing Aveo 1.6 and Fiesta 1.6 took rides in those much more expensive cars and found the ride quality in Palio both in the front and in the rear seats comparable, if not better, except for more cabin noise mostly coming from the engine which is not very quiet in Palio. Again, do you have a comment on the engine noise?

Is that magnesium gray on your car? I love it.
Old 1st July 2007, 04:37   #14
BANNED

So, there goes it guys!
Actually the Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 is turning out to be better than the Aveo and Fiesta 1.6!
And some dumb guys were comparing it with Wagon R, Santro, Matiz etc.....

Yes, some cars do not make sense initially but after a while, you get to know the reality.
Old 1st July 2007, 04:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

I love the front grille on the new Palios. The rear, I'm not so sure, I keep mistaking it for a Logan from far.

Zak, you would know, with all your time spent at the dealer's workshop for the Siena crank replacement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks